View Poll Results: Is America the greatest country in the world?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 32.00%
  • No

17 68.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    likelifting is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by euroholic View Post
    im sorry but your post just sounds to american to me. Heres the view of a 24 year old non american. Your not the only country in the world that donates or responds first. Read up on solomon islands, east timor etc the fact that you donate more money than other nations is because your the worlds biggest economy. I would like to see facts on % of gnp who actually donates the most. And the reason you respond first inalot of situations is because your normaly close you have bases all over the world and one of the few countries that has a quick reaction force. With your aircraft carriers and your marine fleet force(whatever you call them).

And you seem so proud to help otheres but why do you not help your own country first? No health care, millions of poor people. Alot of ilegal immigrants, high unemployment, high crime etc etc. One needs to build a house before he can
    instruct others to do so.

And that was nit ment to be anti american it is just my thoughts so dont take offence to it mate.
    ^ hater!

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    I haven't read this thread but the title just reminded me of the Team America theme song:

"AMERICUHHHHH F*CK YEAH"

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post

On the west coast, you can't raise a family on a mid-upper teen wage. I remember in some propaganda news story to sway public opinion on illegal immigration, a farm owner near Yuma was claiming that he needs illegals because he can't find enough legal workers. The truth is he's looking to pay a wage you couldn't get anyone here legally to accept. So in other words, he was looking to exploit cheap labour and in doing so, exploit desperate people.
    If both parents have a job though its possible to feed a family with those wages. And I fully agree with you on the part about the farmers. Its ridiculous, an American would do those jobs that illegals are doing if they could make a fair wage to go with them

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post

Im sorry but your post just sounds to american to me. Heres the view of a 24 year old non american. Your not the only country in the world that donates or responds first. Read up on solomon islands, east timor etc The fact that you donate more money than other nations is because your the worlds biggest economy. I would like to see facts on % of gnp who actually donates the most. And the reason you respond first inalot of situations is because your normaly close you have bases all over the world and one of the few countries that has a quick reaction force. With your aircraft carriers and your marine fleet force(whatever you call them).

And you seem so proud to help otheres but why do you not help your own country first? No health care, millions of poor people. Alot of ilegal immigrants, high unemployment, high crime etc etc. one needs to build a house before he can
    Instruct Others to do so.

And that was nit ment to be anti american it is just my thoughts so dont take offence to it mate.
    So you just named two situations where we may not have responded first in the face of tragedy. If your gonna try and tell me Australia is even close to us in charity or our willingness to help other countries then your a fool.

I completely agree with you on the whole let's fix our own country first situation. I'm sick of hearing about us giving out all this money to other countries when we have so much work to do on our own country.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    WEll according to wikipedia sweeden is number 1 with 1.45% australia is number 16 with 0.29% and the usa is number 19 with 0.21%...

Lol nice, do you go to wiki for all your information?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information