Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Anoyone wonder?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    Yeah, I don't care for the firearm vs. healthcare argument. You have the right to firearms to protect your life and what's yours from others. Like Lunk said, it's up to you to buy a gun, no one buys it for you and if you want one for the reason that right exists, it's up to you to earn the money to buy the gun. Healthcare is hardly the same thing.

And again, Lunk is right, anyone can search for a job that offers healthcare benefits. However, it bothers me tremendously that many assume healthcare provided by your employer is something that should be mandatory. The employment/employer relationship is simple: you take a job based on an agreement. The employer offers you X amount of money and can choose to add other things if he chooses to or not. No one is forcing you to take that job. The easy solution would be to deregulate healthcare, which would lower the cost and then people can choose to pay for whatever they want with the money they earn.

On the topic of healthcare cost, yes, to a degree having to pay for people in the ER that have no insurance does affect the cost of healthcare, but this is a minuscule amount compared to regulation burdens. Malpractice lawsuits and the insurance doctors have to have to protect against this drives the cost up more than almost anything. Then there's the cost of medications, and what drives this up is that we've allowed the FDA and big pharma to become one in the same. These guys continually switch jobs like a warped game of musical chairs.
    you are correct about the gun argument. But my point which i guess i didnt make clear. Was people with preexisting conditions cant even buy insurance now. Its an automatic denial.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    you are correct about the gun argument. But my point which i guess i didnt make clear. Was people with preexisting conditions cant even buy insurance now. Its an automatic denial.
    I agree, the preexisting condition deal is not a good thing. However, things like that can so easily be fixed without having to create a socialized system.

Insurance companies have to deal with the same healthcare prices across the board, which are ridiculously high because of frivolous lawsuits, ambulance chasers and government's already heavy handed involvement in healthcare. Insurance companies are also not allowed to fully and openly compete in the free market place like a normal business due to already severe regulation. Do away with these things and rates go down. Create an atmosphere that is business friendly to insurance companies, it's not even close now and this will open the door.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1

And that's fvcked up..... It really is shitty. If you look at it from their point of view tho..... Why would they take someone who's going to cost them more $$ right off the bat than they'll receive.

It's a business..... In order for them to stay in business they need to make more $$ than they put out.

Now back to the citizens point of view..... It's shitty that they can't get coverage when more than likely their "pre-existing condition" is no fault of their own.

I wish they could have found a way to help those people without having to go the route they did.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    And that's fvcked up..... It really is shitty. If you look at it from their point of view tho..... Why would they take someone who's going to cost them more $$ right off the bat than they'll receive.

It's a business..... In order for them to stay in business they need to make more $$ than they put out.

Now back to the citizens point of view..... It's shitty that they can't get coverage when more than likely their "pre-existing condition" is no fault of their own.

I wish they could have found a way to help those people without having to go the route they did.

~Haz~
    I get why they wouldn't want to, but its even farther then that Blue Cross/ Blue Shield denies my wife because of breast implants.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Thread Information