Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: kinda depressed

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sounds promising. Dont be to quick to jump on the 1st offer. It's a sellers market in most places and you may bet multiple bids.

I was lucky and when I had to sell my moms place a few years ago it was a buyers market but I had done everything just right and the 1st person who saw it offered that day. I'm pretty sure I could have held out and gotten a little more because I had put a lot of work into it over a couple of months after she had passed but most of the family were chomping at the bit to get their share. They were not to happy that my mom had left me 2 shares compared to their 1 but she thought it was fair since I was the only one who had stayed in the area and had spent the last 15 years maintaining her house being the gardener, gutter cleaner, drywaller, painter, plumber, electrician etc. I also did many remodel/upgrades over the years for her as well as a lot of work after she passed that I could not do while she was living there and cleaned everything out boxing up and sending things to the other siblings in other states that she wanted them to have. Greedy bastards... lol

They didnt complain to much about me getting 2x because every time they started I said that's fine then they can come down and do the work instead of me because I'm also working 40+ hrs a week and have been married for less than 1yr with the wife from the Philippines so this was a bit more than I had planned on having to do as well as nursing my mom through her pancreatic cancer for 7 months before she passed. Only one of the 3 siblings living out of state came to visit and only for 1 week. He left pissed off because my mom told him he was not going to be executor of the estate because she didnt trust him to do what she wanted. lol He just wanted control but that's not how it work.

Anyways... sorry for OT but keep doing little things to make it look nicer. Like they say the most work and the nicest your house will ever work is when you move in and when you sell. Best of luck and hopefully you can get more than you planned.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Thanks lb.

I'm not going to jump on the first offer.. But if it's within my terms I will. I don't want to miss out on a sale by being greedy, ya know

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Good luck.

\Walking Vaginas suck when they leave you holding the bag.

You will be stronger for it all when it is over.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I know you will get through this just stay positive.I went through something like this many years ago.A guy once told me(NEVER finance more than you can handle yourself) I know this dont help you know.But it helped me after I got out of debt.Tomorrow is promised too no one.Rely on no one but yourself.Beacuse anything can happen in a relationship.Good luck Bro!

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    House was on the market 1 month and 1 day.

Got an offer yesterday, went back and forth with them a while and my Realtor finally just told them look this is what we absolutely have to have. . And they took the counter offer.

Under contract, supposed to close in about 3 weeks.

weight has been lifted. I'll pocket a few Grand, no more $1600/month payment, or $300 a month electric bill.. AND no more $120/wk fuel bill to get back and forth to work.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hey thats not bad, better than taking a loss. Congratulations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information