Like Tree3792Likes

Thread: xX Silabolin' s HIT Castle Xx

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    I'm not sure about what all this 'dingus' and 'dick in a box' talk is,

BUT today I hit back, traps, rear delts - mechanical tension focus - mid back thickness and lower traps

seated high to low cable rows - 6 sets 12 reps
    seated low cable row - 6 sets 8 reps
    chest supported T-bar row - 6 sets 10 reps

rear delts - reverse pec dec - 4 sets 10 reps .. super setted with , rope face pulls - 4 sets 15 reps
    traps - strict barbell shrugs - 5 sets 12 reps
    Biceps - preacher curl machine - 5 sets 8-10 reps ... hammer curls - 2 sets 12-14 reps

was a shorter workout today due to time constraints .. cut out a bit of volume, but still got the main work in
    LMAO- we are demented so don’t worry about trying to understand us.

You stated lower traps but my understanding for the mid and lower traps, it is very difficult to hit.
    For lower traps it is more of a curling action on the incline lower back apparatus. Please help the misguided child...... or grandfather. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    You stated lower traps but my understanding for the mid and lower traps, it is very difficult to hit.
    For lower traps it is more of a curling action on the incline lower back apparatus. Please help the misguided child...... or grandfather. LOL
    I keep it pretty simple , nothing fancy for mid/low traps. they are responsible for pulling the shoulder blades back and together as well as down.

so its just about hitting the right angles to accomplish this. IF I do a high-to-low cable row (compared to a standard seated cable row) I'm able to pull my shoulder blades back and down (can't do that with a standard row).

to do this exercise I'll go over to a cable station. set up a mid length bar (a smaller lat pull down bar) at about chest level. grab the bar and then sit on the ground and begin to 'row' (its not a pull down), while trying to pull my shoulder blades back together and down.
    the leverages on this exercise are fairly optimal, so you have to use a lot of weight to get a good contraction (I use the cable stack and strap on a 45 plate), so its hard to go low reps or real heavy.

also with my rope face pulls . instead of having it set up at eye level and pulling to your forehead to hit just the rear delts, I'll have it slightly higher up then my head and pull towards me but at a slightly downward angle where your pulling your shoulder blades back, down, and together.

Really to work your lower traps, you just have to have the right angle so you can get that 'connection' with them. then once you find that connection and you begin using them more and more often, it becomes much easier to contract them on a lot of different rowing exercises (but much easier when you row from a more high to low angle).

you'll know the next day. you should be sore from your visible upper traps all the way down a good 8 inches.

my upper traps have fairly good development (very visible from the front), I posted a pic a few pages back. BUT to get more overall thickness in my mid back I need more development in my mid and lower traps.
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 10-17-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Thread Information