• 1 Post By almostgone
  • 3 Post By wango
  • 1 Post By BG
  • 2 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By BG

Thread: Nutri-Shop Scale Accuracy???

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Nutri-Shop Scale Accuracy???

I was in Nutrishop today and they have a scale that "supposedly measures not only weight but body fat, muscle mass, how much water you're carrying, and how many calories your body burns per day. I asked the owner of the store how accurate it was and he said that it's 98% accurate.

Anyways, I get on the scale and my weight is 201.8 which is accurate. The kicker though is that it says I'm 20% body fat. I will post a picture of myself tomorrow as I know I'm not anywhere near 20%. I have visible abs and would guess I'm around 12%. Just curious if anyone has any experience with this scale or not?

I know the only real way to get an accurate body fat reading is with a full body scan like the Dexa scan.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inbodyscale.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	168045
    JaneDoe likes this.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    I was in Nutrishop today and they have a scale that "supposedly measures not only weight but body fat, muscle mass, how much water you're carrying, and how many calories your body burns per day. I asked the owner of the store how accurate it was and he said that it's 98% accurate.

Anyways, I get on the scale and my weight is 201.8 which is accurate. The kicker though is that it says I'm 20% body fat. I will post a picture of myself tomorrow as I know I'm not anywhere near 20%. I have visible abs and would guess I'm around 12%. Just curious if anyone has any experience with this scale or not?
    I know the only real way to get an accurate body fat reading is with a full body scan like the Dexa scan.

Name:	inbodyscale.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	168045
    Numbere had a thread about the dexa and it was all over the place , it depends on the level of hydration or dehydration you body is. It was saying higher bf guys were less then super lean guys and whacky shit
    PistolPete33 likes this.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Plus how would that thing know anyways ? You hold the handle grips and stand on it lol.i go by looks.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I don't see how that thing could be worth the metal it's made of.

Name:	IMG_1199.JPG 
Views:	320 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	168047

This is where I'm currently at. I'm not cutting right now just doing a lean bulk but I doubt I'm 20% fat

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post

Name:	IMG_1199.JPG 
Views:	320 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	168047

This is where I'm currently at. I'm not cutting right now just doing a lean bulk but I doubt I'm 20% fat
    Nay sir I doubt you are over 15%

I figure I'm around 14% right now. I was shocked and disappointed to see 20% on that scan. I start cutting in April so it will be interesting to seee what the scale says as I get into single digits. I wonder if it can't get an accurate because I have so much muscle? It did state that my biceps are 55% larger than the average male so that is a god thing. Haha
    Obs likes this.

mikephibbs is offline New Member
    They really work as stated. I say this with confidence, because I have already purchased a bathroom scale. To date, "smart" scales can show the percentage of fat, muscle, water and bone density of your body. Knowing these indicators can be an important tool for people who want to track their overall health, as well as struggle with excess weight by raising the level of muscle tissue. But how exactly can libra determine these unfortunate percentages? All this is due to the light charge of current that they pass through your body.
    Last edited by mikephibbs; 04-23-2022 at 03:51 PM.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    They don’t work. One of the trainers bought one , was supposedly the greatest thing. I was 5’7” 210 at the time around 8-10%, it said I was 35-%. It uses math, if your pretty normal size it gets close, but otherwise it’s way off. He changed the numbers twice getting it close and gave out some lame excuse………I felt bad he spent over a G on it and I took the wind out of his sails the first day.
    almostgone and wango like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    They don’t work. One of the trainers bought one , was supposedly the greatest thing. I was 5’7” 210 at the time around 8-10%, it said I was 35-%. It uses math, if your pretty normal size it gets close, but otherwise it’s way off. He changed the numbers twice getting it close and gave out some lame excuse………I felt bad he spent over a G on it and I took the wind out of his sails the first day.
    Lol, they totally suck. Most of them measure the impedance of the body and how it affects conductivity. It's very easy to manipulate depending on your current electrolyte levels and hydration.

It's crazy how many places use them and swear it is the "gold standard" for body composition. Every time I see one of those things, I want to take a sledgehammer to it.
    wango likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Bought the first one a decade ago & it was a failure. Like an idiot, I tried again a few years ago figuring technology just had to be improved. Nope. Wasted $. Fortunately we have/had a mobile underwater weighing truck by us. It cost less than the darn scale.
    BG, almostgone and JaneDoe like this.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Lol, they totally suck. Most of them measure the impedance of the body and how it affects conductivity. It's very easy to manipulate depending on your current electrolyte levels and hydration.

It's crazy how many places use them and swear it is the "gold standard" for body composition. Every time I see one of those things, I want to take a sledgehammer to it.
    My hrt doctor makes get on it every time and she also is kind enough of a woman to explain it to me every time ;(
    almostgone likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    This is one of the features in my bathroom scale. The scale is rather nice, but you can't put any value in the BF% it gives out.
    almostgone and BG like this.

My hrt doctor makes get on it every time and she also is kind enough of a woman to explain it to me every time ;(
    Bless her heart. In her mind, she's probably justifying the purchase.

How do you like her other than that?
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

BG
    Bless her heart. In her mind, she's probably justifying the purchase.

How do you like her other than that?
    They are good but big commercial company, big into women, Botox, cool sculpting, vampire facials. They cannot get hcg anymore and now they are peddling the peptide kisspeptiin I have to find somewhere different my year is up. Going to try to get my primary to do it again and find hcg on my own. You ever hear of that?
    Last edited by BG; 04-21-2022 at 06:56 AM.
    956Vette likes this.

They are good but big commercial company, big into women, Botox, cool sculpting, vampire facials. They cannot get hcg anymore and now they are peddling the peptide kisspeptiin I have to find somewhere different my year is up. Going to try to get my primary to do it again and find hcg on my own. You ever hear of that?
    That's how I do it.... primary and find HCG on my own when possible.
    Quite a few of the TRT places are prescribing alternatives to HCG. I've heard of kisspeptin. Never used it, though. Another one I've seen is gonadorelin acetate. Both are supposed to stimulate the production and release of LH and FSH, but I'm stubborn and prefer to use HCG, even if it's Chinese stuff.

BG
    That's how I do it.... primary and find HCG on my own when possible.
    Quite a few of the TRT places are prescribing alternatives to HCG. I've heard of kisspeptin. Never used it, though. Another one I've seen is gonadorelin acetate. Both are supposed to stimulate the production and release of LH and FSH, but I'm stubborn and prefer to use HCG, even if it's Chinese stuff.
    Ya I’m not sure how I feel about compound pharmaceuticals also, how about you? No way I’m giving up hcg, keeps my psa in check, I was very surprised. The actual hrt doctor is a guy, never met him but we talk on the phone, he was the first doctor to send me in the right direction when I became sick, super smart guy.

Ya I’m not sure how I feel about compound pharmaceuticals also, how about you? No way I’m giving up hcg, keeps my psa in check, I was very surprised. The actual hrt doctor is a guy, never met him but we talk on the phone, he was the first doctor to send me in the right direction when I became sick, super smart guy.
    I always prefer the manufacturer made stuff, although I don't avoid compounded test....just to keep a little extra more on hand.

ShivaJeweler is offline New Member
    My friend recently went through the same study, and the results were disappointing. The scales showed that he had 35% body fat, which was quite a lot for him. Then the friend decided to find out how quickly and without consequences the body can convert excess fat into muscle mass. He went to a professional trainer, he prescribed a special weight loss program for his friend and advised one product purerawz.co to fight excess fat. I can say that the result was really fast and very good. But I don't believe all those scales that measure fat.
    Last edited by ShivaJeweler; 08-10-2022 at 02:16 AM.

Thread Information