Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Pride/UFC/MMA Thread

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    OK IM going to get back in this thread, there has been some very good fights of late and the up and coming ones look even better. These next big fights could go either way, I pumped up for these. First lets talk.................................
    Yea there has been a pretty good line up the past few months, the shows they have been doing are pretty good and I like the everything from the fights, to the weigh in, press conference etc.. Its good stuff, thing is I'm still disappointed with Nunes how she pulled out and that was the main event of the night, she shouldn't get another main event for a while.

BG
    BG is online now The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I see jones coming out and throwing Daniel around again. He has the reach and the strength to put a beating on him
    I agree, plus he's going to have vengeance, I think all Cormiers shit talk probably motivated Jones even more. He should have shut up and enjoyed his reign on top.
    songdog likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by goalinmind View Post
    Yea there has been a pretty good line up the past few months, the shows they have been doing are pretty good and I like the everything from the fights, to the weigh in, press conference etc.. Its good stuff, thing is I'm still disappointed with Nunes how she pulled out and that was the main event of the night, she shouldn't get another main event for a while.
    Thing is she is a beast, so it had to be something that would greatly affect her performance, she wouldn't pull an Aldo and flake out because of a sprained finger. That was still a pretty good card with out her, but I was let down also.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Thing is she is a beast, so it had to be something that would greatly affect her performance, she wouldn't pull an Aldo and flake out because of a sprained finger. That was still a pretty good card with out her, but I was let down also.
    She was medically cleared to fight, I still think she got nerves really badly and couldn't go through with it. She was cleared pre-weigh in and fight night. Yea there might be something she isn't saying but Dana mentioned the docs have talked to her, she probably had a panic attack or something. She won the last fight by a close margain, I bet the challenger has a really good chance at taking that belt but than again I am usually in favor of polish fighters.

BG
    She was medically cleared to fight, I still think she got nerves really badly and couldn't go through with it. She was cleared pre-weigh in and fight night. Yea there might be something she isn't saying but Dana mentioned the docs have talked to her, she probably had a panic attack or something. She won the last fight by a close margain, I bet the challenger has a really good chance at taking that belt but than again I am usually in favor of polish fighters.
    I didn't know she dropped out that close to the fight, very interesting I'm going to look into it. Those polish girls sure are tough and it would have been a battle with out a doubt!

214 looks like a really great card for the year

I would have liked to see Conor vs Tyron rather than Conor getting into a pro boxing fight but they took it in a different direction..

Either way, the main card is a good line up for late July

BG
    214 looks like a really great card for the year

I would have liked to see Conor vs Tyron rather than Conor getting into a pro boxing fight but they took it in a different direction..

Either way, the main card is a good line up for late July
    No doubt!!

What about Woodley vs Maia ?? This is going to be interesting to see if a straight Jujitsu fighter can be Champ in this day and age. I know Gracie did it, but he did not face anyone who is the caliber that Maia has faced and beat.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    No doubt!!

What about Woodley vs Maia ?? This is going to be interesting to see if a straight Jujitsu fighter can be Champ in this day and age. I know Gracie did it, but he did not face anyone who is the caliber that Maia has faced and beat.
    If Mia gets him down he always has a chance. If Woodly keeps it standing he will put power Mia

BG
    If Mia gets him down he always has a chance. If Woodly keeps it standing he will put power Mia
    I think Maia has a great chance, he's done it to everyone else. I think Woodley needs to just defend take downs for some time until Maia get a little tired and Tyronne is sweaty then start striking.

BG
    Count down to UFC 214.............................this is going to be great!
    EDCG19 likes this.

Count down to UFC 214.............................this is going to be great!
    Jones is coming for the belt tonight, 214 is an awesome summer time card. The line up is legit...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pride/UFC/MMA Thread-ufc_214.png   Pride/UFC/MMA Thread-capture.jpg  
    BG likes this.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Dang...214 already?
    That makes me feel old as heck.
    I saw UFC #2 live in Denver Colorado. That was back when UFC was bare knuckled, no weight limit, no time limit, no rules except for no throat punches or eye gouging. Everything else was free game.
    Those guys fought multiple times thru out the night in an elimination challenge.
    I think Royce Gracie fought 3 times that night before the final with Patrick Smith.
    Crazy thing was that that the place was filled with adrenaline junkies and hard asses (a lot of wannabees too) and they had a no limit full bar!! Bunch of hyped up testosterone flexing fools drinking Jack Daniels. Or at least I was!! ehehehheh...

BG
    Jones is coming for the belt tonight, 214 is an awesome summer time card. The line up is legit...
    Fuck ya. Did you see how much bigger Maia was next Woodley at weigh ins?

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Dang...214 already?
    That makes me feel old as heck.
    I saw UFC #2 live in Denver Colorado. That was back when UFC was bare knuckled, no weight limit, no time limit, no rules except for no throat punches or eye gouging. Everything else was free game.
    Those guys fought multiple times thru out the night in an elimination challenge.
    I think Royce Gracie fought 3 times that night before the final with Patrick Smith.
    Crazy thing was that that the place was filled with adrenaline junkies and hard asses (a lot of wannabees too) and they had a no limit full bar!! Bunch of hyped up testosterone flexing fools drinking Jack Daniels. Or at least I was!! ehehehheh...
    Lmao I was a big Pat Smith fan after that ground a pound ko he had. I have t-shirts from a bunch of events , been to a few old ones.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Polish fighters wat kind of thing is that? Come on let the cat out of the bag All I can say about Polish people back in the old neighbor hood is I loved the food then there was the Italian side great food and the Jewish great bake goods that is one of the few things I like about NY our food is famous world wide.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Polish fighters wat kind of thing is that? Come on let the cat out of the bag All I can say about Polish people back in the old neighbor hood is I loved the food then there was the Italian side great food and the Jewish great bake goods that is one of the few things I like about NY our food is famous world wide.
    They're great.. I'm a big fan of East Euro fighters, I'm from the balkans/grew up in east europe..

Joanna #1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pride/UFC/MMA Thread-1501367350784.jpg  
    BG likes this.

Fuck ya. Did you see how much bigger Maia was next Woodley at weigh ins?
    I don't know man, Maia is 3-4ft taller maybe that's why he looks bigger.. I haven't seen the comparison but I'm sure its cuz he is taller.

Maia is a legit veteran though, his BJJ is incredible and we'll see tonight if Tyron can come close.
    Last edited by EDCG19; 07-29-2017 at 04:39 PM.
    BG likes this.

Great fight night. The whole card was pretty good. No spoilers...but this was good. Can't wait for post fight commentary

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

BG
    Yes good night, I really think they need to have atleast one or two of bante/feather weight fights per card. They are just much more exciting.

Did any of you guys see Dana yelling at Cromier when he pulled his hand away from Big John and wouldnt stand there when Jon got his hand raised? He was fuking pissed!

Yes good night, I really think they need to have atleast one or two of bante/feather weight fights per card. They are just much more exciting.

Did any of you guys see Dana yelling at Cromier when he pulled his hand away from Big John and wouldnt stand there when Jon got his hand raised? He was fuking pissed!
    I saw that I have never liked Cormier he uses big baby and got destroyed again. Good thing he came back otherwise I bet Dana would have given him the boot
    BG likes this.

BG
    I saw that I have never liked Cormier he uses big baby and got destroyed again. Good thing he came back otherwise I bet Dana would have given him the boot
    Yes , it all worked out for the best and its over with. Jon even thanked Daniel because he pushed him to change, real cool, I felt he meant it.

Probably the best fight card I have seen this year
    BG likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Yes , it all worked out for the best and its over with. Jon even thanked Daniel because he pushed him to change, real cool, I felt he meant it.
    Probably saved his career. He got wrapped up in himself a bit to much. I think he's a good dude that let fame get the better of him.
    BG likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Probably saved his career. He got wrapped up in himself a bit to much. I think he's a good dude that let fame get the better of him.
    100% agreed

Jon Jones really is special. When he made his title run he fight anyone and everyone on short notice and destroyed them all. Now after being off that longhand came back to beat DC like that is nothing short of amazing. His next appoint will be tough though cause he will have the similar reach

BG
    Jon Jones really is special. When he made his title run he fight anyone and everyone on short notice and destroyed them all. Now after being off that longhand came back to beat DC like that is nothing short of amazing. His next appoint will be tough though cause he will have the similar reach
    Is it me or did Jon look a lot less muscular? I know he cuts a lot of weight but he kinda looked like he had an old man body, hunched shoulders and shit.

Is it me or did Jon look a lot less muscular? I know he cuts a lot of weight but he kinda looked like he had an old man body, hunched shoulders and shit.
    He looked smaller clearly he was off the sauce
    Cuz and BG like this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    That guy from TJ Mex who fought Pettis last night did a pretty good job better than I thought he would he almost had him in the 1st round!

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    That guy from TJ Mex who fought Pettis last night did a pretty good job better than I thought he would he almost had him in the 1st round!
    He just couldn't deal with the Pettis striking. Had he been able to keep the fight on the ground he may have had a chance but pettis was the superior striker for sure
    EDCG19 likes this.

Jon Jones found to be running a tbol cycle

He's probably going out of the UFC because of this

Jon Jones Tests Positive for Steroids after UFC 214 | TMZ.com

Blog Entries

I just saw this, I was like man what the fuck are you thinking?!?
    EDCG19 likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

I just saw this, I was like man what the fuck are you thinking?!?
    Probably will get a career ending ban from the UFC

There's other organizations out there but UFC pays the most..

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by F4iGuy View Post
    I believe strength is trumped by skill in most scenarios. I wouldn't even consider stepping in a cage with a highly skilled MMA fighter. I wonder how long a 250 pound bodybuilder would last against a guy like Demetrious Johnson? How much weight could that guy give up in a fight?

I used to love getting in fights. I had a bad temper that I've learned to control. I look at fighting differently now. The hardest part about fighting is when to stop... how bad does the opponent need to be hurt before you know they'll stop coming at you? Where does it end? Will they come back with a weapon? Are you going to get jumped?
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/429647...han-a-gymnast/

About this long, the power lifter fucking died . Just fuckin crazy man apparently the power lifter was drunk from some reports I've read, there's a lot of videos of the fight looks like he was knocked cold by a roundhouse kick caught him just right and then the cowardly mma fighter throws punches while his opponent is clearly finished. Fucked up
    MuscleScience likes this.

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Woah...no talks on the may mac fight???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    MuscleScience likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac82 View Post
    Woah...no talks on the may mac fight???

There is in a couple other threads

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

There is in a couple other threads
    Ahh..OK gotcha thanks

BG

Wow I havent seen this, I honestly cant believe it. They had to not know he was taking this..........no way they would chance getting caught again...........

Wow I havent seen this, I honestly cant believe it. They had to not know he was taking this..........no way they would chance getting caught again...........
    No we won't see him in UFC again at k set for a long time.

BG
    No we won't see him in UFC again at k set for a long time.
    I still can't believe this, there has to be an explanation.

I still can't believe this, there has to be an explanation.
    Rogan called him the greatest fu€k up in ufc history...can't really disagree...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information