Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 1,000 of 1637
Like Tree1449Likes

Thread: MuscleScience's Iron Lab

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    You sacrifice some, but my goal is to cut not improve my lifts at the moment. Plus when you get your heart rate up really high you release a lot more GH durning and post exercise. Which means hopefully more fat utilization and better recovery.

So my program will look something like this.

Bench:3x10
    Tabata: stairstepper 2min
    Incline press: 3x10
    Tabata: Mountain climbers 2min
    Chest flies: 3x10
    Tabata: stair stepper 2min

And so and and so on. So by the time I’m done lifting I’ve got 20-26 minutes of HIIT done (cardio) and my heart rate is elevated into my desired range the entire workout. Which I want to be in the 130’s the entire workout. Then when I’m done with weights I will do 15-20 minutes steady state cardio to cool down and burn a bit more muscle glycogen off.

Here is a sample of what my heart rate looks like through my workouts.

Attachment 171390Attachment 171391
    It sounds like we have the same goals. What does your pre workout diet look like. I know you on keto, so would be different for me.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    if this holds true than thats why HIT is an amazing way to bulk recomp or cut imho - my HR reaches 65-172 during my w/o's alone its like cardio and heavy weight training in one
    I always have to do something between exercises or sets. When I’m lifting especially upper body, my heart rate doesn’t get up very high. Lowerbodu is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    It sounds like we have the same goals. What does your pre workout diet look like. I know you on keto, so would be different for me.
    I don’t really have a set pre workout meal at the moment. I just try to get 20gm of protein and some fat in before I exercise. Sometimes I just take a protein shake with half and half, 2 Tbs of heavy cream, Creatine and 20 gr it whey protein. But if I eat something before hand and it has close to that, then I won’t have a shake.
    NACH3 likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Blog Entries
    I always have to do something between exercises or sets. When I’m lifting especially upper body, my heart rate doesn’t get up very high. Lowerbodu is a different story.
    Except today, i had my heart rate humming.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25C93F22-D152-40EA-86FA-DE12D2F3026D.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	171473
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Shoulders and a bit of back and Bi’s.

I was just going to go in for a quick session of just shoulders, I’m pretty sore all over from traveling. Once I got into it, it felt really good. I figured since I had a good pump going I traininged some back with it. I was feeling fluish on Wednesday when I did back so cut it a bit short.

Been having a lot of troubles with my hips hurting at night. They are very sore from all the cardio I have been doing. I am not doing any cardio this week and just decreasing my rest periods and upping the reps a bit to keep the heart rate up.

Diet is going really good, I’m hitting the mark on macros and calories every day. I’m consistently dropping a bit of weight each morning. My stomach and abs look really good in the mornings. If I lose 10 more pounds Of body fat I will look pretty good. Then it will be time to add on some muscle after that.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Cardio day,

Watched my Chiefies blow an 18 pt lead for their NFL record 6th straight home loss in the playoffs. At least I have the Royals.

AnywAy, got a little bit of HIIT mixed in with some abs for 30 minutes. Then hit the sauna for another 20 mind. Going to try and hit some deads tomorrow, I trashed my Hammie’s a couple days ago and they still feel a bit funny. Diet is still going really good.
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 01-07-2018 at 09:19 PM.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Plyos and Deads today,

Got a quick little workout in today. Deadlifts went very well today. I was able to fully get into my full sumo deadlift stance, didn’t hurt the groin at all. Pulled 315 for 10x8x6 and it was really easy. I’ll do this weight for a couple more weeks and work on building up my lower back strength. I could really tell i was fatiguing there quickly.

Did some 50m sprints with 10m jog then back into sprints. Really made my lungs feel it, groin felt a little shaky but not bad. Actually felt a bit better afterwards. I really hope i have finally turned the corner on this injury.

Weighed in at 208.9 this morning. I’m losing 1/10th to 2/10ths of a pound almost every morning since I’ve started Keto. So roughly .7-1.1lbs of weight lose per week is what I have been averaging since starting Keto. I feel that’s just fast enough to not lose much muscle or strength but really be dialed in by March 27th.
    cousinmuscles likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Killer leg workout tonight!

Switched my workouts to up the intensity and make it fun. Doing agonist/antagonist super sets. Basically today, Quads directly into hammies with every exercise.

squats-SLDL
    Hack squats-standing leg curls
    Standing calves-donkey calves
    Leg curls-prone leg extensions

My heart rate was in the 80-90% percentile range the whole time. I was pouring sweat so much that I could barely keep it out of my eyes. I couldn’t do a ton of weight but I defiantly got a monster pump.

At the end I did 10min or cool down cardio and some yoga.

Squats went really good, almost no pain in my groin when I would squat down. That’s two workouts in a row where my groin was killing me directly after. Hopefully I’m turning the corner on that.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Low back and Abs tonight.

This is a totally new split for me. These agonist/antagonist movement workouts are intense.

Tonight it was:
    Crunches-hyper ext
    Oblique crunch—hyper ext twist
    Hanging Leg raises—hip extensions with weight
    Cable crunches—cable hyper ext with Swiss ball to round the thoracic spine

Approx 45 min b-ball for cardio:

Comments:

I was pouring sweat like nobodies business. I really love this new workout. It’s intense and I burn a lot of calories doing it. I also feel like it’s going to help my overall fitness levels, but just cut fat. The last three workouts my shirt has literally been dripping sweat and I’m typically not much of a sweater.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Good leg workout today,

Today was more of a met con workout for legs. Nothing super heavy just performed in supersets of quads and hams. Did some plyo stuff like 48” box jumps and burpees, lots and lots of burpees.

I didn’t seem to feel it at the time but my lower quads really took the blunt of the exercises. Woke up at 206.4 this morning so weight held steady but just found a new vein poking out in my lower abs. They are coming back!

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Good leg workout today,

Today was more of a met con workout for legs. Nothing super heavy just performed in supersets of quads and hams. Did some plyo stuff like 48” box jumps and burpees, lots and lots of burpees.

I didn’t seem to feel it at the time but my lower quads really took the blunt of the exercises. Woke up at 206.4 this morning so weight held steady but just found a new vein poking out in my lower abs. They are coming back!
    You need to eat pizza and French fries

Blog Entries
    You need to eat pizza and French fries
    I think you got that covered for me. I’ll stick with my bacon and halotop icecream
    NACH3 likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think you got that covered for me. I’ll stick with my bacon and halotop icecream
    My god HT is amazing. I eat that stuff almost daily, after my morning cardio sessions. They’re all good, but Mint Chip and Oatmeal Cookie ftw, imo.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    My god HT is amazing. I eat that stuff almost daily, after my morning cardio sessions. They’re all good, but Mint Chip and Oatmeal Cookie ftw, imo.
    It defiantly helps with cravings.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Yea, fuck it. I'll just increase the tren ...lol

Blog Entries
    Yea, fuck it. I'll just increase the tren...lol
    Don’t tempt me to get on Tren , then you all would really be introuble

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Forgot to meantion. Started posing two days ago, wow that’s a workout and wow was I out of practice. Just kinda started my routine I’m basically practicing both physique and classic physique poses. I really want to do classic but I don’t think I can get my weight up to 230lbs (which is the NPC cutoff for my height) and be 4-6% bf. I’ve been up in the 240’s in my mid to late twenties. However that was like a 2 straight year bulk and I was fluffy as hell.

If I can get my thighs shredded up to my hips and feathering in my quads I will do classic regardless of my body weight at the time. It might be a good dry run for 2019 which if I get another solid, injury free year of training I could probably get my weight up to 220-225 and be lean to step on stage. I was doing physique at 208-215 after cutting water and was probably close to 220 before cutting water down.

The cool thing about doing classic is that it’s all completely new to me and is one giant experiment and learning process. It’s got me hooked really good.

Today is arms superset day and posing. I can’t wait!
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 01-13-2018 at 02:53 PM.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Bi’s and Tris today,

Closegrip 4x10 185lbs
    21’s 20,40, 50,50lbs straight bar.

Preacher curl: 3x10
    DB French Press 3x10 85lbs

DB Hammer curls 3x10 30lbs
    Diamond push ups 3x25

EZ curl Skull crushers 3x10 75lbs
    DB bicep curls 3x10 30lbs

CC high pulls bicep Curls 3x10 30lbs
    Tri kick backs lower pulley 3x10 30lbs

Cardio:
    10 50m sprints

Comments:

Right shoulder is really bothering me both at night and lifting. I’m hoping if I work around it, that it will calm down. Kept my heart rate way up. Doing the supersets with no rest periods really gets the blood flowing. I like doing these metabolic finishers at the end to top off my workouts.

Was 205 on the dot this morning. I figure I need to go down another 10 or so lbs to get my BF where it needs to be. Tomorrow is deadlifts and HIIT training. I and will be like my 20th or 21st day in a row training.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Ms, you think it's ok to not have days off?

Blog Entries
    Ms, you think it's ok to not have days off?
    Nope, I took one today. My hips are waking me up at night. Need to rest a bit more. My problem is always pushing it to much, guess I’ll never learn. But I’m just honestly tired of being fat.
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 01-14-2018 at 03:50 PM.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Lol, know what you mean. I would bout rather do 2hrs a day of cardio than diet

Blog Entries
    Lol, know what you mean. I would bout rather do 2hrs a day of cardio than diet
    I did to much cardio to quick and got myself sore. And I ain’t got time to slow down. Some you bastards are bringing it got this comp

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Halotop is the shit brohan lol
    MuscleScience likes this.

Blog Entries
    No hip pain while sleeping last night. Apparently I was overdue for a rest day lol.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Push pull back and chest,

Really good workout, the pumps doing opposing muscle groups are insane. My mid to upper back was sore after this workout. Doing all these exercises with no rest is killer, but awesome.

Write more on the morning on it. I’m beat and heading to bed. Lol

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Cardio day yesterday. Just shoveled snow and played with the dog outside for just under two hours.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Legs today,

Good workout, I couldn’t really get into my supersets today because all the bros were in there. The gym was closed yesterday so they were all in the squat rack arm curling today. Still got an intense workout was able to squat pretty descent today. My groin holds up ok as long as I have it wrapped very tight. I am hoping and praying for the day It doesn’t hurt anymore. I would really like to push my squat weight up to a respectable number. I’m basically at the same weight I was at a year ago. My legs feel strong it’s just the damn groin hurts above a certain weight amount.

Anyway enough bitching, my lower abs are starting to peek out. My tear drop on my quads is starting to look good. I almost got separation all the way to my hips. Another couple of weeks and they should pop pretty good I’m hoping.

Diet is really on point, I’m staying in ketosis, not losing much strength and trimming body fat like crazy. I really can’t wait to get my body fat down to a desirable level and start adding back muscle, and carbs lol

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Legs today,

Good workout, I couldn’t really get into my supersets today because all the bros were in there. The gym was closed yesterday so they were all in the squat rack arm curling today. Still got an intense workout was able to squat pretty descent today. My groin holds up ok as long as I have it wrapped very tight. I am hoping and praying for the day It doesn’t hurt anymore. I would really like to push my squat weight up to a respectable number. I’m basically at the same weight I was at a year ago. My legs feel strong it’s just the damn groin hurts above a certain weight amount.

Anyway enough bitching, my lower abs are starting to peek out. My tear drop on my quads is starting to look good. I almost got separation all the way to my hips. Another couple of weeks and they should pop pretty good I’m hoping.

Diet is really on point, I’m staying in ketosis, not losing much strength and trimming body fat like crazy. I really can’t wait to get my body fat down to a desirable level and start adding back muscle, and carbs lol
    fvckers!

i hate that! in my old gym, there was only one squat rack in this entire huge ass gym and they would curl in there.

be careful with that groin or you will be like the old guys in the competition, ha!
    cousinmuscles likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    fvckers!

i hate that! in my old gym, there was only one squat rack in this entire huge ass gym and they would curl in there.

be careful with that groin or you will be like the old guys in the competition, ha!
    We have three and it still manages to get took up. Which is why I don’t do legs on Monday anymore

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Abs and low back tonight,

Good little trunk or core workout if you will.
    Decline sit-ups 4x20
    Oblique declines 4x20

Inverted declines 4x10

Back hypers 4x15
    Stone Stack hypers 4x10
    Leg raises 4x10

Cardio: LISS on treadmill

Comments: productive workout, got my heart rate up high supersetting all my exercises. Tried to do some HIIT on the stair master but my legs were way to toast from yesterday so I just did incline walking for 30min.

Weight was 203.3 this morning, but I looked really bloated. Took too much fiber last night I think tryna stay regular lol. Overall though everything is going the way I’ve wanted. I think I will be 5 to maybe 10 lbs lighter than I initially thought by the time I cut down to the BF I want. Mostly because of my legs but also my back hasn’t popped as much as I thought it would. That’s OK, I will have the rest of 2018 to put muscle on so I’m not worried.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Lol, I'm one of them that'll curl in the squat rack! But only if two of the three are freed up, very seldom is more than one being used at a time.
    GearHeaded likes this.

Blog Entries
    Lol, I'm one of them that'll curl in the squat rack! But only if two of the three are freed up, very seldom is more than one being used at a time.
    Bastard

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    when your curling 315, thats totally acceptable

otherwise, payback

Name:	2agvyhu.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	171621

Lol...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    when your curling 315, thats totally acceptable

otherwise, payback

Name:	2agvyhu.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	171621
    I might do that one day

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Good luck in our gym, it's full of red necks that does curls 90% of the time...lol
    Squat racks.....always open

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good luck in our gym, it's full of red necks that does curls 90% of the time...lol
    Squat racks.....always open
    Sounds exactly like my gym, except for the one guy that I see quarter squatting 405 for the last year and a half that I’ve been going.

Blog Entries
    Shoulders arms and Tris,

Warmup: SITs exercises

Giant Set One: 4WS
    SM Shoulder press
    Reverse DB flies
    Mountain Climbers

Giant Set 2: 4ws
    DB standing arm curls
    DB Shoulder flies
    Incline bench shoulder raise with straight bar

Giant Set three: 4 WS
    45 degree DB Lateral raise
    Incline bench DB French press
    Hammer Curls:

Giant Set 4: 4WS
    Diamond tricep pushups each set to failure
    DB Lateral raises
    DB Arnold’s curls

Giant Set 5: 4WS
    Tri kick backs on CC
    Front pull downs
    Lower Pulley Hammer Curls

Cardio: none

Comments: I got to do some church stuff all day tomorrow so I put arms and shoulders together. This is probably my favorite workout split other than anything envolving sqauts. I haven’t done this split in awhile and forgot just how insane the upper body pump is. Doing arm Curls, I had veins from me ears to my hands, been a long time since I’ve been this vascular. I basically did no rest between exercises and had my heart rate elevated the entire workout, which was the plan since I didn’t have time for cardio today. Today and my last leg workout though was the only times since my cut that I noticed a dramatic drop in strength. My Shoulder press I have been doing 185 for 3-4 sets and doing al ten reps. Even the first set I barely got 10. Which was my first set after my warmup. I had to descrease weight each set, granted I wasn’t resting between exercises.

Actually got asked today if I was training for a show. One of the other gym rats hadn’t seen me in awhile and said I looked bigger and more lean, especially in my shoulders. That made my day, I’ve been training my shoulders very hard to get that cap and V taper.

Abs have been coming in pretty good each morning, a little more and a little more. I’ve really noticed my lower back and flanks have decreased tremendously in size. Good to know I’m pulling off a lot of fat. It’s motivating to see change every morning.
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 01-19-2018 at 06:38 PM.
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Been on a hiatus lately, hopefully back in the saddle again. So much unforeseen stuff coming my way these days. Ready for a break!

Sounds like you’re dialed in real good, MS! That’s awesome! It’s a great feeling when things are clicking and especially when people notice!

Legs:

4 sets hammer strength leg extensions
    4 sets hack squats
    3 sets squats
    2 sets stiff leg deadlifts
    3 sets leg curls
    4 sets calf stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Busy all weekend so took a much needed two days off from training. Did a carb up day yesterday to help with some things like cravings and constipation. Been bad about eating my greens. Decided to do a new rep scheme today. 30 seconds of exercise then 30 seconds of rest. Basically 15 reps on each set and 4 working sets of each

Warmup: sits and battle ropes

HS bench
    SM upright
    Lat pull down
    Incline HS bench
    DB bent over rows
    DB bent over flies
    DB flat bench
    DB Hammer Curls
    DB French press
    DB shrugs
    CC chest press
    CC rows

Cardio:
    10 sprints

Comments:

Good workout, I liked the rep and time scheme. Resting for only 30 secs made it pretty intense. Needed to burn off some carbs from my refeed from last night. The sprints were very hard at the end. My heart rate was already still pretty high. 2 hours later I can still feel the sprints in my lungs. Weight was 204 this morning after my refeed so not bad. I had been Keto for 21 days prior to that. I’m going to try and push it to 28 days this next round and see where it gets me.
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 01-23-2018 at 06:15 AM.
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Shoulders:

3 sets seated lateral flies
    3 sets front db raises
    3 sets bent over flies
    3 sets hammer strength presses
    4 sets bb shrugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk