Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Documentry ----What The Health----

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard.On View Post
    This doc is on netflix. I watched 10 minutes and had to turn it off.
    Complete waste of time.

Its just some pencil dick is running around trying to manipulate his documentary to push his agenda and views
    Quote Originally Posted by Tovarasu View Post
    It cant be as bad as this one.... its called Addicted to Proein

I think their is merit to questioning things. The problem is to many times people look to a documentary or a news source and take it and use whatever the message is and take it as fact and form their opinions based solely on that. Never actually going on and doing their own independent research and spewing the documentary as gospel.

Big example in my life and I'm not proud of it. I'm a huge baseball fan and historian, love the game and all it's history. I was recently introduced to a new book about Ty Cobb. As any baseball person knows, Ty Cobb was a complete ass hat, racist and smear on the game of baseball. I have even gone so far in some of my baseball forums I frequent to call for his removal from the HOF. Why? Because everyone knows he was a bastard. From Al Stump, Cobb the movie, Ken Burns documentary on baseball and general knowledge about the game. We all know how evil Cobb was, or so I thought.

Turns out that he may not have been so bad after all. A lot of the folklore about him was flat out documented lies. Yet it was repeated over and over again throughout the years. As I came to learn, most of it was perpetuated from one mans' opinion and dislike of Cobb. I won't get into specifics with you guys you will have to read the book. But after reading the book three times now, mostly in disbelief and doing my own research. I basically looked at myself and thought how could I have been so gullible to fall for fake news.

It's funny that it didn't take a serious matter to wake me up to the fact that my opinion was based on what appears to be a manufactured lie. Nope, basically a kids game and a long held belief I had. That I am still not fully convinced even though there are a lot of facts smacking me in the face. So I guess in a sence I can see how people can get suckered into a way of thinking or belief.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I think their is merit to questioning things. The problem is to many times people look to a documentary or a news source and take it and use whatever the message is and take it as fact and form their opinions based solely on that. Never actually going on and doing their own independent research and spewing the documentary as gospel.

Big example in my life and I'm not proud of it. I'm a huge baseball fan and historian, love the game and all it's history. I was recently introduced to a new book about Ty Cobb. As any baseball person knows, Ty Cobb was a complete ass hat, racist and smear on the game of baseball. I have even gone so far in some of my baseball forums I frequent to call for his removal from the HOF. Why? Because everyone knows he was a bastard. From Al Stump, Cobb the movie, Ken Burns documentary on baseball and general knowledge about the game. We all know how evil Cobb was, or so I thought.

Turns out that he may not have been so bad after all. A lot of the folklore about him was flat out documented lies. Yet it was repeated over and over again throughout the years. As I came to learn, most of it was perpetuated from one mans' opinion and dislike of Cobb. I won't get into specifics with you guys you will have to read the book. But after reading the book three times now, mostly in disbelief and doing my own research. I basically looked at myself and thought how could I have been so gullible to fall for fake news.

It's funny that it didn't take a serious matter to wake me up to the fact that my opinion was based on what appears to be a manufactured lie. Nope, basically a kids game and a long held belief I had. That I am still not fully convinced even though there are a lot of facts smacking me in the face. So I guess in a sence I can see how people can get suckered into a way of thinking or belief.
    what is the name of the book?

i was/am under the same assumption as you are about Cobb.

remember, the media was very powerful back then, just like today

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    what is the name of the book?

i was/am under the same assumption as you are about Cobb.

remember, the media was very powerful back then, just like today
    Ty Cobb: A Terrible Beauty

One of the best baseball books I've ever read. It's also very surprising how much most players wanted to play with negro league players. You just assume that nobody wanted them to play in MLB but that also wasn't the case. Cobb was a huge Willy Mays fan, Cobb was not a fan of many players after his playing days.

"Cobb himself was never asked about segregation until 1952, when the Texas League was integrating, and Sporting News asked him what he thought. “The Negro should be accepted wholeheartedly, and not grudgingly,” he said. “The Negro has the right to play professional baseball and whose [sic] to say he has not?” By that time he had attended many Negro league games, sometimes throwing out the first ball and often sitting in the dugout with the players. He is quoted as saying that Willie Mays was the only modern-day player he’d pay to see and that Roy Campanella was the ballplayer that reminded him most of himself."

https://www.amazon.com/Ty-Cobb-Terri.../dp/1501226525
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 07-24-2017 at 02:59 PM.
    RaginCajun likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Ty Cobb: A Terrible Beauty

One of the best baseball books I've ever read. It's also very surprising how much most players wanted to play with negro league players. You just assume that nobody wanted them to play in MLB but that also wasn't the case. Cobb was a huge Willy Mays fan, Cobb was not a fan of many players after his playing days.

"Cobb himself was never asked about segregation until 1952, when the Texas League was integrating, and Sporting News asked him what he thought. “The Negro should be accepted wholeheartedly, and not grudgingly,” he said. “The Negro has the right to play professional baseball and whose [sic] to say he has not?” By that time he had attended many Negro league games, sometimes throwing out the first ball and often sitting in the dugout with the players. He is quoted as saying that Willie Mays was the only modern-day player he’d pay to see and that Roy Campanella was the ballplayer that reminded him most of himself."

https://www.amazon.com/Ty-Cobb-Terri.../dp/1501226525
    thank you sir!
    MuscleScience likes this.

Thread Information