Like Tree259Likes

Thread: Should guns be banned in the USA?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I’m getting ready to build a .308, want to plink out to 1000 yards. Just ordered the lower through my FFL today. I thought about trying to just do an 80% lower but I want to make damn sure this gun shoots good. Can’t have any slop in it.

I had a Sig 716 .308 and that was my favorite gun I have ever owned. That thing could thump and was awesome to shoot. It was a bit of an overkill for a Yote gun, but i lived close to the farm then and needed to keep them and the meth heads off the property.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I’m getting ready to build a .308, want to plink out to 1000 yards. Just ordered the lower through my FFL today. I thought about trying to just do an 80% lower but I want to make damn sure this gun shoots good. Can’t have any slop in it.

I had a Sig 716 .308 and that was my favorite gun I have ever owned. That thing could thump and was awesome to shoot. It was a bit of an overkill for a Yote gun, but i lived close to the farm then and needed to keep them and the meth heads off the property.
    Brownells used to have some ver nice cz recievers with doubleset triggers. I like to hone doublesets to dangerously light. Its like a super hair trigger with a safetey that isnt a safety.

I am a bolt action guy though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Brownells used to have some ver nice cz recievers with doubleset triggers. I like to hone doublesets to dangerously light. Its like a super hair trigger with a safetey that isnt a safety.

I am a bolt action guy though.
    I like to be able to snipe or patrol with mine. I grew up on bolt action but prefer the versatility of the AR platform.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I like to be able to snipe or patrol with mine. I grew up on bolt action but prefer the versatility of the AR platform.
    I never got into AR's shot lots never cared much for them. Accuracy and rof is second to no semi auto but I go for broke with accuracy. I cannot accept more than one hole at 100 yrds.

I used to get a table out and stopwatch and shoot out to 1000yrds cleaning the barrel between shots every ten minutes so the bbarrel would stay the same temperature.
    I would shoot between hertbeats and focus on perfecting the same grip every time and head position.

Great way to spen a calm day

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member

Hell yea. I have a m1 Springfield .308, it's a blast to shoot. My main long range rifle is a custom built .260, a .308 necked down. My favorite round is a good ol .300 win mag, which I have in a rem sendero. Shooting hogs, we mostly use .223 75g hollow points. They drop them in their tracks, and the gun is light and maneuverable, even with a 30 mag. Sometimes we pull in a field with hundreds of hogs in it. A lot guys gut shot them so they will run in the woods and die, so they don't have to drag them out of the fields.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    Hell yea. I have a m1 Springfield .308, it's a blast to shoot. My main long range rifle is a custom built .260, a .308 necked down. My favorite round is a good ol .300 win mag, which I have in a rem sendero. Shooting hogs, we mostly use .223 75g hollow points. They drop them in their tracks, and the gun is light and maneuverable, even with a 30 mag. Sometimes we pull in a field with hundreds of hogs in it. A lot guys gut shot them so they will run in the woods and die, so they don't have to drag them out of the fields.
    Damn man, that sounds fun. I may hit you up for a pig trip.

I have some old college baseball buddies i see on FB night hunting them bitches with IR scopes and suppressed. I’m sure you’ve seen the vids on YouTube on that. That’s kinda my dream hunt.

Sounds funny, but we didn’t have hog problems (other than fat girls in town) where i lived but fuck loads of sick deer and coyotes.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member

I have some old college baseball buddies i see on FB night hunting them bitches with IR scopes and suppressed. I’m sure you’ve seen the vids on YouTube on that. That’s kinda my dream hunt.

Sounds funny, but we didn’t have hog problems (other than fat girls in town) where i lived but fuck loads of sick deer and coyotes.
    I'm in south ga, come on! The farmers are actually starting to hire people to come in a kill them. Us locals can't kill them fast enough.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!

Should guns be banned in the USA?

Come on down here to South Louisiana MS, I can line up a pig hunt. I have night vision on my 6.8 SPC and now have a camera attached to it! Might start a YouTube channel!

I am awaiting my suppressor, rated up to a .300 Win mag. It should be in a month or two. It’s like waiting on a baby! I think I submitted paperwork in May

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    Come on down here to South Louisiana MS, I can line up a pig hunt. I have night vision on my 6.8 SPC and now have a camera attached to it! Might start a YouTube channel!

I am awaiting my suppressor, rated up to a .300 Win mag. It should be in a month or two. It’s like waiting on a baby! I think I submitted paperwork in May
    I've seen it mention a few times regarding hog hunting, now could you explain without going ballistic like MS does how and why does this happen?. The only pigs we have what are roaming free in the wild are Australian backpackers even though I can now see the fun you may be talking about in this context.

You might need to wait for my "Hunting should be banned thread" but another topic for the 3 amigos to raise their blood pressure might not be a good idea yet, give me a couple of days
    Last edited by marcus300; 11-10-2017 at 10:34 AM.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I've seen it mention a few times regarding hob hunting, now could you explain without going ballistic like MS does how and why does this happen?. The only pigs we have what are roaming free in the wild are Australian backpackers even though I can now see the fun you may be talking about in this context.

You might need to wait for my "Hunting should be banned thread" but another topic for the 3 amigos to raise their blood pressure might not be a good idea yet, give me a couple of days

haha cunt!

these are wild feral hogs that are tearing up farm land and crops. those fuckers can reach sexual maturity around 8-9 months and can have up to 3 litters a year. people pay good money to kill them and take them off of their property. also, they are delicious to eat! they are a pest animal, can hunt them at night and shoot as many as you want! we donate most of them to a charity called, hunters for the hungry.

you need to check this out Marcus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubt19wLNcKM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89UliEiQQyU

Thread Information