• 1 Post By Couchlockd
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02
  • 2 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By Couchlockd
  • 1 Post By MACKATTACK

Thread: Medical marijuana for back pain?

Medical marijuana for back pain?

Has anyone tried marijuana for lower back pain? I'm not too keen on taking opiates as a pain killer. Seems like that's a disaster waiting to happen. I've heard that marijuana had wonderful pain control properties. Thanks

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    A few years ago when my back was at its worse, to the point I just about had to use a cane to walk I used it for pain relief.
    I was never into the marijuana scene when I was young I had only tried it a few times back in the day.
    I refused to take pain killers for my back just for the fact I have seen to many people I know get hooked on them.
    I used marijuana a dozen times to control the pain so I could sleep at night and it did work very well.

In all honesty I hated the "high" feeling I don't care for the not being in full control of myself mentally.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    if the doctor prescribes you opiates, its ok to use them. its a clinical setting and he'll make sure you don't get addicted.

cannabis for pain? I doubt that would work at all.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Marijuana will not reduce the pain directly but will help you manage the feeling by changing the perception of pain: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23273106

I can attest to that however this came at a cost for my part, life gets slow and productivity goes down.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    medical marijuana is a joke. There is NO WAY to regulate how much actually gets into your system.

Ok you smoke a joint/blunt. ok. How much actually gets into your system? how often do you inhale? how much goes into the air as smoke?

Ok u have a vaporizer? those things are hella expensive, is there a regulator on how large ur breath is? like a shut off valve regulating the amount that is inhaled?

There is already marijuana in a pill form before u ask, its called "marinol" its for cancer patients to stimulate appetite.

IMO just legalize it and let people self medicate themselves like they do with tobacco and anxiety.

Rant over before i really get into it.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Look into CBD oil, it is legal if you do not want to go the illegal route, unless it is legal in your state/country

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    medical marijuana is a joke. There is NO WAY to regulate how much actually gets into your system.

Ok you smoke a joint/blunt. ok. How much actually gets into your system? how often do you inhale? how much goes into the air as smoke?

Ok u have a vaporizer? those things are hella expensive, is there a regulator on how large ur breath is? like a shut off valve regulating the amount that is inhaled?

There is already marijuana in a pill form before u ask, its called "marinol" its for cancer patients to stimulate appetite.

IMO just legalize it and let people self medicate themselves like they do with tobacco and anxiety.

Tell us how you really fell

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    as for the OP original issue...

taking opiate as prescribed and only when u need to, not more frequently than prescribed then the chance of addiction is very minimal.

Dont take it more often than u need. Stick to ibuprofen, heat compresses, stretching, muscle relaxers (flexeril), massaging. Depends on the nature/cause of the back pain.

Short term back pain, opiates are perfectly ok. Long term back pain, opiates are not good and PAIN IS NOT, and I repeat, NOT the 5th vital sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post

And the case of actually using medical marijuana for pain you using extracted concentrates and Edibles that have a measured milligram dosage yeah smoking marijuana isn't going to do much for pain
    ghettoboyd and Obs like this.

marinol is just pure thc.

the therapeutic benefits come from the synergistic interactions of all the naturally occurring cannabinoids in natural ratios in raw extracted oils.

marinol has a nasty track record of inducing severe panic in those who use it.

cannabis is self regulating, (smoked, extracted and taken orally etc) the cbd and cbn regulate the less than desirable effects of thc euphoria.

to scotch, try and find some very high concentration CBD extract. you won't feel any "high" from it or experience lack of motivation. it will be expensive, that's for sure.

but honestly if it came down to it if one was in a severe car accident, do not give me cannabis homeopathic medicine, you give me a shot of morphine and or dilaudid.
    Obs likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by m.hornbuckle View Post
    marinol is just pure thc.

the therapeutic benefits come from the synergistic interactions of all the naturally occurring cannabinoids in natural ratios in raw extracted oils.

marinol has a nasty track record of inducing severe panic in those who use it.

cannabis is self regulating, (smoked, extracted and taken orally etc) the cbd and cbn regulate the less than desirable effects of thc euphoria.

to scotch, try and find some very high concentration CBD extract. you won't feel any "high" from it or experience lack of motivation. it will be expensive, that's for sure.

but honestly if it came down to it if one was in a severe car accident, do not give me cannabis homeopathic medicine, you give me a shot of morphine and or dilaudid.
    i agree that in an accident only opioids will do nothing takes away pain like they do...cannibis is great for things like mild chronic back pain etc...ohh and also binge watching your favorite shows and pounding carbs..so I've herd lol...

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think marijuana more takes your mind of the pain then actually relives it..that’s my opinion..kratom, however really relieves pain with minimal sides..that’s is if you wanna stay away from opiates..
    Last edited by KINGKONG; 03-23-2018 at 10:21 AM.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Opiates for the win. Everyone is all freaked out about them right now but they have their place. Maryjane is simply not even in the same league in regards to pain management. I'd rather have 800mg ibuprofen.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I just prefer to steer clear of opiates. Not because of dependency issues, but because they literally lock my guts down. It's not fun trying to handle your bathroom business when you have to bite down on the nearest bath towel to keep from screaming.
    However, the substance that is the subject of the thread is quite effective for pain management, IMHO.
    When I have a script for opiates, I generally have them filled and put them in the apocalypse stash.
    hollowedzeus, *Admin* and Ernst like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

I'll have to find out more about CBD oil. This is the first time I'm hearing about. I've "manned up" for a numbers of years and now I've got to do something about my silly back. I have tried marijuana as a kid but I never liked the feeling of being stoned. I just couldn't get any work done. If anyone's tried CBD oil, does the oil make you "stoned" and reduce your productivity? I have a fast paced job and I can't afford mental lapses. I genuinely appreciate all the comments. It's amazing the weird knowledge people have on this board. LOL

Medical marijuana for back pain?

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    I'll have to find out more about CBD oil. This is the first time I'm hearing about. I've "manned up" for a numbers of years and now I've got to do something about my silly back. I have tried marijuana as a kid but I never liked the feeling of being stoned. I just couldn't get any work done. If anyone's tried CBD oil, does the oil make you "stoned" and reduce your productivity? I have a fast paced job and I can't afford mental lapses. I genuinely appreciate all the comments. It's amazing the weird knowledge people have on this board. LOL
    There was a thread about it here by a lunatic little man, not sure if it was deleted or not. It had a lot of info on it

There is also a thread on Kratom in the supplement section that you should check as well

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    no it does not stone you, quite opposite.

pure cbd will sober you up quick. in regards to over consumption of THC. its the agonist to it

ill send you some of the better labs websites pm.
    Last edited by Couchlockd; 03-23-2018 at 12:30 PM.
    Obs likes this.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    CBD is great for medical use

I would say stay away from Sativa/Indica strains..

Speaking as someone who had to quit due to psych changes. Cannabis is mind altering and can change your path for good or bad.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Also glad to see the mods on here not throwing this thread in the bin, surprising actually since i think most "Drug" talk is not allowed

I use cbd regularly, i toss it into my mouth post work out. it really helps my mood on cycle as well as joint pain I can get at times when dialing in AI (you know, oops I took a bit to much adex, and now I'm stiff)

a quick Google search should yield you excellent results.

in my area 3 convienibce stores stock a full line of cbd oil, gummy bears, coffee, absolute extracts and the like.

it's pricey compared to most things. and it is pretty effective in most cases. he'll even my dog gets it during the 4th of July. (known to jump through picture Windows one time and once he hid under table and got the out all twisted up and destroyed a beautiful patio set like Beethoven)

Attachment 172135

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Weed is still weed

It doesn't help pain, but makes u a bit dull down so u notice it less

And for sure - it's at least better for you than opiates

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    CBD alone isn’t my cup of tea, but I like to add CBD to cannabis, since the hash I get is usually very high in THC.
    Balancing it out with CBD actually reduces the feeling of being trippy high.

I feel it has its place as a painkiller, but for chronic, not acute pain.

For nausea it’s really effective though, to the point that I’ve smoked it before training (not just weights but sports/martial arts as well).
    It does have side effects however, like most drugs.

For more acute pain I Only use cannabis to fix the nausea that come from opiates.
    KINGKONG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Weed is still weed

It doesn't help pain, but makes u a bit dull down so u notice it less

And for sure - it's at least better for you than opiates
    science begs to differ.

smoking "weed" is not what's being discussed here.

we are talking ingesting or topical application of amounts of cbc that would be found in a half pound of top grade medicinal cannabis.

that's literally like comparing a few grams of androgel to a 5,000 mg shot of testostetone prop.

doc toxin. he's spot on. in fact enough cbd consumed, whether ingested or smoked, you won't even feel much effect from thc at all.
    Last edited by Couchlockd; 03-29-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goalinmind View Post
    Also glad to see the mods on here not throwing this thread in the bin, surprising actually since i think most "Drug" talk is not allowed
    It's a very fine line, but as long as it doesn't go much farther off course, I think *Admin* will allow it. If it goes much farther at all towards recreational usage, it may get temporarily locked or edited.
    So far, everyone has stayed fairly focused.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    It's a very fine line, but as long as it doesn't go much farther off course, I think *Admin* will allow it. If it goes much farther at all towards recreational usage, it may get temporarily locked or edited.
    I see no problems discussing, shall we say alternative drugs, as long as it is done in serious constructive manner.
    That goes from cannabis to everything really. And since a great deal of us do use drugs that could be used as rec drugs (even though we may not use them as such), I think it should be some leeway on this.

As long as we discuss them as agents to help and such, I mean the medical aspect of it, it shouldn’t be an issue.

Glorying use and taking about how shitfaced you got this weekend has no place on this board, and that goes for alcohol as well.
    That’s my stance on it at least.
    Couchlockd and Obs like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    I see no problems discussing, shall we say alternative drugs, as long as it is done in serious constructive manner.
    That goes from cannabis to everything really. And since a great deal of us do use drugs that could be used as rec drugs (even though we may not use them as such), I think it should be some leeway on this.

As long as we discuss them as agents to help and such, I mean the medical aspect of it, it shouldn’t be an issue.

Glorying use and taking about how shitfaced you got this weekend has no place on this board, and that goes for alcohol as well.
    ^^^^complete common sense just spoken here^^^^
    DocToxin8 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post

I understand where you're coming from, Doc, and agree with most of it. What I am.trying to stress is that the thread doesn't need to detoriate into a thread that goes into the direction of casual or recreational use.
    There was a time that this thread would have been locked and probably junked immediately. *Admin* has been very lenient in allowing this thread to continue since the rules don't particularly allow this type of thread.
    I am simply trying to keep it on track so the discussion can continue.
    DocToxin8 likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinmuscles View Post
    Marijuana will not reduce the pain directly but will help you manage the feeling by changing the perception of pain: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23273106

I can attest to that however this came at a cost for my part, life gets slow and productivity goes down.
    That’s how Kratom works for me. I still feel the pain but it doesn’t bother me nearly as much.
    KINGKONG likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    Look into CBD oil, it is legal if you do not want to go the illegal route, unless it is legal in your state/country
    There are some amazing testimonials regarding CBD oil. I can't tell if they're for real or it's marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Glad you're watching this thread. I am not interested in recreational use of marijuana. I don't want to do anything with marijuana that is illegal. I want to stay focused on the empirical experience that our knowledgeable members have about pain relief. Life sucks when there's chronic pain.
    almostgone likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Oppiates makes me depressive, weed makes me sick... dont really understand how ppl get off with this things lol

About the back pain, may be preaching to the choir , but I'm guessing its a muscular problem, seeing a good chiro he may be able to discover a muscle inbalance that fixes or alleviates your problem. Other than that I would definitely prefer a 1hr massage to smoking anything heheh. Theres also ultrasound, laser, PDT, heat, oxygen, etc treatments, besides the already mentioned good old ibuprofen.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    I tried that for my back/shoulder issues and did a fair bit of research to make sure what I got was good. #1 it was $$$ #2 it did nothing for me.

I know a lot of people get addicted to pain meds. I think most of those people (IMO) probably have addictive personalities and have been addicted to other substances in the past. I know a few the just traded one addiction for another.

I have used opiets off and on for the last 10 years. I dont think Im addicted because Ive never upped my doses. As a matter of fact I have lowered my doses and cut out what they were giving me at the beginning. I always end up with extra at the end of the month that goes into safe keeping for later in case I dont have insurance at some point.

At lest for me pain meds have been a life saver. I would not have been able to function without them over the years and I feel/think I will be able to get away from them completely after my shoulders are fixed. Its taken years but the back is 95% better.

Ive done muscle stimulation, acupuncture and about everything else you can think of. Pain meds are the only thing that actually worked

Thats my .02
    ScotchGuard02 and RaginCajun like this.

Oyasumi is offline New Member
    Hi I'm just new here and i want to help. You know im suffering now from severe lower back pain because I'm a housewife and i do all the chores so everytime before i go to bed i feel it and it kills me as hell.And then there's this article that i read ] that CBD oil can cure my back pain. And it works until now im using it. Just saying maybe it will help

No posting of links to recreational drug sites.
    Please don't ruin this thread for other members
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-16-2018 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Removed link to recreational supply site.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oyasumi View Post
    Hi I'm just new here and i want to help. You know im suffering now from severe lower back pain because I'm a housewife and i do all the chores so everytime before i go to bed i feel it and it kills me as hell.And then there's this article that i read ] that CBD oil can cure my back pain. And it works until now im using it. Just saying maybe it will help

Thats called sore muscles and most of us are talking about actual disc damage. Big difference on the pain and cures but thanks for your input even though it was probably spam/advertising.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Thats called sore muscles and most of us are talking about actual disc damage.
    Very big dif

Soreness isn't shit compared to a fvcked disk. Being sore or whatever is just fine, compared to being damn near crippled & bedridden.
    lovbyts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Oyasumi View Post

man what the fuck dude.

you scan sites for threads like this to try and push your wares.

in have half the mind to place an order with your site and have it sent to local federal courthouse.
    lovbyts likes this.

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    See my CBD OIL thread in supplements section....
    RaginCajun likes this.

Oliver47 is offline Junior Member
    Hello fellows!
    Personally, I am a chronic back pain sufferer and yes medical cannabis does help believe me especially for when I sleep which is when I get the most discomfort without smoking before bed to relax my muscles. Works fine for me with no side effects

Frank777 is offline Junior Member
    I can recommend to use CBD oil for pain relief. It works great for me. I used to take pain killers, but found out that they could be addictive, so I started thinking about the alternative ways. When marijuana was legalized for medical purposes, I asked my doctor and he suggested me trying it. I prefer buying drops (not weed) as they don't make me smell.

Thread Information