Thread: LETS QUIT SMOKING! together.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Edutrd cuzz I went off the deep end
    Damn... Mist it!

Ten points for couch...

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    This is a good place for everyone to agree this is a stop smoking tobacco thread and keep it to that.

How many of the 8 cigs do you have left Couch.
    almostgone and Obs like this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I think I may vape.
    Have a plan to quit before you start it.......

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SocioMachiavelli View Post
    You could compete against each other to an extent, it may help you both kick the habit
    Nice idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    I like the idea.
    Same here. Very unique solution!

There we go.

Whoever can smoke the least wins.
    Scoring will be determined by the amount of beer the individual consumes vs number of cigarettes.
    Bonus points for no cigarette after sex.
    Gf being a bitch, near death experience, work related assholes...

Stress/enjoyment factor scoring index:

No cig after sex +10
    Beer with no cigarette +1
    Morning coffee no cig +10
    Almost hit a dick, no cig +10
    Made it to noon no cig +20
    Made it noon to morning +20
    Gf being bitch/argument +10-50 (circumstancial)

Other stress/enjoyment factors to be determined...

Nice scoring scale!!! Maybe subcategories for not throwing a shopping cart through a windshield at the grocery store and dealing with interstate a-hole drivers?
    Obs likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Couch I apologise our discussion of cannabis sidetracked the thread, I appreciate your stress levels are probably up with trying to kick the habit. Hope those patches help you out.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Have a plan to quit before you start it.......
    Last time I had a nice rig.
    Gf pissed me off and I chucked it out the car window. That mofo was expensive so... I was done!

Obs
    Admin is in here!
    Everyone act busy!

Hide the beer!
    almostgone likes this.

Admin is in here!
    Everyone act busy!

Hide the beer!
    Too late. He’s been here a while. Lol
    Obs likes this.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Couch I apologise our discussion of cannabis sidetracked the thread, I appreciate your stress levels are probably up with trying to kick the habit. Hope those patches help you out.
    It's ok. Nothing but love.

Your welcome here 100%
    SocioMachiavelli likes this.

This is a good place for everyone to agree this is a stop smoking tobacco thread and keep it to that.

How many of the 8 cigs do you have left Couch.
    +19. Lol

JK

I got 4 of 8 left.

Tomorrow is patch.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Obs
    +19. Lol

JK

I got 4 of 8 left.

Tomorrow is patch.
    I smoked four while in here.

Admin is in here!
    Everyone act busy!

Hide the beer!

Put it up, put it up, put it up...... Brings back old memories from high school.
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-04-2018 at 07:10 PM.
    Obs likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Put it up, put it up, put it up...... Brings back old memories from high school.
    My gfs best friend works with her as a bartender.
    Cops came in one time and she was delivering two long necks and saw the cops walk in and quickly held them down under the bar. She is 25 or so.
    My gf about pissed herself laughing
    almostgone likes this.

Cops came in one time and she was delivering two long necks and saw the cops walk in and quickly held them down under the bar. She is 25 or so.
    Have you checked your wickr?

+19. Lol

JK

I got 4 of 8 left.

Tomorrow is patch.
    Had a friend try those things and he decided to get a script for Chantix and used both the patch and Chantix. Totally weirded him out until he dropped the Chantix. Either Chantix is bad juju or the combination really puts a squeeze on the brain. He couldn't do anything right. Got off work.one morning and suddenly decided he had to have a kayak..... immediately!!! Went and dropped some dollars, bought a rack to tie it off on top of his ride, drove home and drove the end of the kayak right through his garage door. He forgot about the overhang of the kayak.

Obs
    Have you checked your wickr?
    No headed there now

Old.habits die hard, buddy!
    Obs likes this.

Had a friend try those things and he decided to get a script for Chantix and used both the patch and Chantix. Totally weirded him out until he dropped the Chantix. Either Chantix is bad juju or the combination really puts a squeeze on the brain. He couldn't do anything right. Got off work.one morning and suddenly decided he had to have a kayak..... immediately!!! Went and dropped some dollars, bought a rack to tie it off on top of his ride, drove home and drove the end of the kayak right through his garage door. He forgot about the overhang of the kayak.
    I had a friend who used Chantix and it made him the same way

Once I have a patch on me I'm all good it's just waking up in the morning with cigarettes left over from the last night and I smoked a few of these and then I don't even bother putting on a patch
    almostgone likes this.

Once I have a patch on me I'm all good it's just waking up in the morning with cigarettes left over from the last night and I smoked a few of these and then I don't even bother putting on a patch
    What helped me was continuing the hand to mouth movement. At a red light I crack my window and pretend to smoke. Even blow out the window. Or sitting at home fake smoke and knock fake ashes into a cup. Sounds crazy but it helped me.
    Obs likes this.

Obs

Know two guys on chantix became suicidal. They quit at the same time together. Smoking.... They are still alive.

SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What helped me was continuing the hand to mouth movement. At a red light I crack my window and pretend to smoke. Even blow out the window. Or sitting at home fake smoke and knock fake ashes into a cup. Sounds crazy but it helped me.
    You really know how to T it up for a guy dont you

So when is the competition officially starting? tomorrow?
    Obs and almostgone like this.

Actually I'm the same way it's the hand-to-mouth have it that's hard for me to break I noticed when I start smoking again after quitting that I didn't even enjoy it I was forcing myself to do it but I enjoyed was the ritual of smoking it was how I dealt with stress

So I just was chewing tons of gum like literally putting pieces of gum in my mouth chewing them till the flavor went away spitting them out and putting a new one in
    Obs likes this.

I still occasionally wake up pissed off at myself....no, that's not right...I'm always pissed off because I woke up, but I get doubly pissed off when I've been dreaming that I started back smoking, and I haven't smoked in decades.

It does become part of your routine, and you don't really notice how much you smoke until you start counting the number of packs you put away.

Shoot, if you're a pack a day smoker of Marlboro reds or any other name brand, save the money you spend on smoking and after a year you could easily pick up 3 Serostim kits with money left over for BW and some darts.
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-04-2018 at 07:51 PM.
    Obs likes this.

You really know how to T it up for a guy dont you

So when is the competition officially starting? tomorrow?
    Probably could have worded that differently. Lol
    almostgone likes this.

Obs
    I still occasionally wake up pissed off at myself....no, that's not right...I'm always pissed off because I woke up, but I get doubly pissed off when I've been dreaming that I started back smoking, and I have smoked in decades.

It does become part of your routine, and you don't really notice how much you smoke until you start counting the number of packs you put away.

Shoot, if you're a pack a day smoker of Marlboro reds or any other name brand, save the money you spend on smoking and after a year you could easily pick up 3 Serostim kits with money left over for BW and some darts.
    Yes!
    Right here!
    I could give up smoking and redbull and be running phizer hgh.... but the money always goes somewhere else.
    Capebuffalo and BG like this.

I still occasionally wake up pissed off at myself....no, that's not right...I'm always pissed off because I woke up, but I get doubly pissed off when I've been dreaming that I started back smoking, and I haven't smoked in decades.

I was 3 packs a day. Damn.
    Obs and almostgone like this.

Also I want to State this about myself

I've gotten the tag of a big "pothead" here, completely understand that, but....

Over the last year, due to stress of job, family, money, and life. I've come to the point that grass makes my stress worse.

I've pretty much quit that to, and the times I have partaken, I regretted it soon after because of the rush of thoughts that flood my mind.

I still support legalized rec use across the nation, and stand firm in my beliefs regarding it.

I've just come to a point in my life where I need to focus on more important things, my family and work to support them. That's the beauty of that substance, YOU can take a break with no I'll effects.

Maybe I've sowed all my wild oats, and have no more oats to sow. Or maybe I'm progressing to a different stage in my development as an adult, who knows.

But this is what I do know, I'm couch, I love to lift, I love to be here on this board, I love my step daughter, I love girlfriend, I'm excited about our new addition to the family coming up.

And i love you guys. No homo.....unless y'all want it that way.

I've been reading through my old posts from 2016, somewhere along the line things went wrong, I apologise for that.

I can't deny the immense amount of help this place has provided to me.

I thank you all for bearing with me .

I've gotten the tag of a big "pothead" here, completely understand that, but....

Over the last year, due to stress of job, family, money, and life. I've come to the point that grass makes my stress worse.

I've pretty much quit that to, and the times I have partaken, I regretted it soon after because of the rush of thoughts that flood my mind.

I still support legalized rec use across the nation, and stand firm in my beliefs regarding it.

I've just come to a point in my life where I need to focus on more important things, my family and work to support them. That's the beauty of that substance, YOU can take a break with no I'll effects.

Maybe I've sowed all my wild oats, and have no more oats to sow. Or maybe I'm progressing to a different stage in my development as an adult, who knows.

But this is what I do know, I'm couch, I love to lift, I love to be here on this board, I love my step daughter, I love girlfriend, I'm excited about our new addition to the family coming up.

I've been reading through my old posts from 2016, somewhere along the line things went wrong, I apologise for that.

We are all works in progress. You also are becoming self aware which is good and bad because you really have to examin3 yourself. And that’s not always easy. You’re doing great. You have become a great member.

Obs

You are like a brother couch.
    You already know how I feel about that other stuff.
    My entire town of 1000 uses it and we are simply one of the best, most generous, courteous towns, on the planet. My gf is the hardest working most devoted woman I know. She smoked for years and recently quit smoking. She decided she liked cookies better. Lol

I never used hard stuff in any way but cant stand the hypocrisy of someone drinking a beer knocking xxxx.

I think everyone on this board loves you for the most part. We had a lot of bad influences here before. I got outta hand more than any I think
    Capebuffalo likes this.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Guys, dont forget cigars are a good source for nicotine. They can have up to 400 times the amount of a cigarette! Just a option (:

Damn... Mist it!

Ten points for couch...
    Here is a summary of the edited post for you

I can't

eny the immense amount of help this place has provided to me.

Dang, man we're just glad to have you here. You're just as much a part of this place as anyone else.

Personally, I never judge whether anyone who partakes or not, that's their.business, not mine. I have friends that do and friends that don't. At the end of the day they are still my friends. Deep tissue massage coming up in the morning and I imagine the massage lady will start her day off in a green manner,but danged if she isn't good at her job!

We all hit rough spots, it's what we do in those rough spots that matters.

Obs
    I am reminded of something my brother said to me I will never forget.

"IF THOSE XXXXXXXXXXXXX GOT A XXXXXXX PROBLEM WITH ME THEY CAN XXXXXXX XXXX OFF, XXXXXXXXXXXX MAN UP AND SAY IT XXXXXXX TO MY XXXXXXX FACE! XXXX! XXXXXXX
    XXXXXXX RUN WHEN THEY SEE ME, XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX!"

He said it very well.

Obs
    Here is a summary of the edited post for you

Lmao sorry I made that last post before I saw this!

Richard Head is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Don't smoke but have a chewing tobacco habit I've had for about 35 years. If y'all will have me I'm in to quit.

I have quit a few times, once for about 2 years. I have cut back to only 3 packs a week.
    almostgone and *Admin* like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    Don't smoke but have a chewing tobacco habit I've had for about 35 years. If y'all will have me I'm in to quit.

I have quit a few times, once for about 2 years. I have cut back to only 3 packs a week.
    Red man golden blend?

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i love smoking.

want to stop and have cut down, but man do I love it.
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    i love smoking.

want to stop and have cut down, but man do I love it.
    Right after a meal.... oh I remember.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    but the money always goes somewhere else.
    Its a sickness. My old boss never spent money on small shit, hardly carried cash. He said its better to hold onto it for bigger things that you have for a long time and are worth something if you dont want them anymore............you gotta see the toys in his garage......incredible. Im like you, I spend 6-9$ on RedBulls alone.
    Obs likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Its a sickness. My old boss never spent money on small shit, hardly carried cash. He said its better to hold onto it for bigger things that you have for a long time and are worth something if you dont want them anymore............you gotta see the toys in his garage......incredible. Im like you, I spend 6-9$ on RedBulls alone.
    $10-$15=on lunch’s
    Was spending $25 every 2 days on snus. No more.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information