Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 71
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Toxic masculinity sucks ... unless your sorry ass needs saving

  1. #1
    Beetlegeuse's Avatar
    Beetlegeuse is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    285

    Toxic masculinity sucks ... unless your sorry ass needs saving



    Obviously not everyone has lost track of that fact that sometimes there is NO SUBSTITUTE for a pair of big hairy BALLS.
    Arcânn likes this.

  2. #2
    Thebricklayer's Avatar
    Thebricklayer is online now New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    33
    That was a good one.
    Arcânn likes this.

  3. #3
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is online now Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    999
    Good ad for sure but the original Gillette ad is a disgrace to men
    Absolutely disgusting in my opinion and I have lived on both sides of being a man so I would know
    Last edited by EDCG19; 01-21-2019 at 10:17 AM.
    Arcânn likes this.

  4. #4
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Swollen
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    9,976
    Blog Entries
    1
    Toxic masculinity < I seriously don't even know where to start

    How much more pussified can we possibly get?


    Nvm, I don't even wanna know
    Arcânn likes this.

  5. #5
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is online now Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    999
    She explained it pretty well, good video to watch


  6. #6
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,464
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    Good ad for sure but the original Gillette ad is a disgrace to men
    Absolutely disgusting in my opinion and I have lived on both sides of being a man so I would know
    Gillette of all company’s talking down to men. Their commercials are all with hot half naked women. It’s like they got took over by the femnazis and were made to wear pussy hats like that famous photo of the Swedish board members..lol
    Arcânn likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  7. #7
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Swollen
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    9,976
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Gillette of all company’s talking down to men. Their commercials are all with hot half naked women. It’s like they got took over by the femnazis and were made to wear pussy hats like that famous photo of the Swedish board members..lol

    Good reasons for me to continue never using a razor
    Arcânn likes this.

  8. #8
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    5,521
    Blog Entries
    162
    Gillette post a video of men breaking up a fight, helping someone being bullied, being nice to women etc and people lose it. Apparently, today's men are frightened by not being an asshole, allow me to laugh.
    Proximal and Arcânn like this.

  9. #9
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,464
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Gillette post a video of men breaking up a fight, helping someone being bullied, being nice to women etc and people lose it. Apparently, today's men are frightened by not being an asshole, allow me to laugh.
    The first half of the video yes, then the lecturing part after is what is disgusting. Everyone knows not to do those things. They are implying all of man-kind is shitty. Since you don’t live in the states anymore. You don’t see all this bullshit how the straight male is being vilified. Flip the script on any other self identifying ethnic group, persuasion, identity or gender and this commercial would not be made or allowed. I’m fine with the video, so next let’s make one anout toxic-feminity, or all the other self identifying groups. I’m sure that is fair right?
    Capebuffalo, EDCG19 and Arcânn like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  10. #10
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    21,227
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    The first half of the video yes, then the lecturing part after is what is disgusting. Everyone knows not to do those things. They are implying all of man-kind is shitty. Since you don’t live in the states anymore. You don’t see all this bullshit how the straight male is being vilified. Flip the script on any other self identifying ethnic group, persuasion, identity or gender and this commercial would not be made or allowed. I’m fine with the video, so next let’s make one anout toxic-feminity, or all the other self identifying groups. I’m sure that is fair right?
    I agree with every word you just wrote.
    MuscleScience likes this.

  11. #11
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is online now Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    999
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Gillette post a video of men breaking up a fight, helping someone being bullied, being nice to women etc and people lose it. Apparently, today's men are frightened by not being an asshole, allow me to laugh.
    Its more than saying men are assholes. They imply men are toxic and being men is bad in a way
    MuscleScience and Capebuffalo like this.

  12. #12
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,464
    Blog Entries
    6
    Joe Rogan sums it up perfectly.

    EDCG19 likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  13. #13
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,721
    Several thoughts here. First one that jumps out is $. Who in your family goes shopping for your razor blades? Added in edit: deodorant & shave gel.

    I'm guessing their research has shown that its a woman. Just a guess.
    Last edited by Proximal; 01-22-2019 at 01:08 PM.

  14. #14
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    21,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Several thoughts here. First one that jumps out is $. Who in your family goes shopping for your razor blades? Added in edit: deodorant & shave gel.

    I'm guessing their research has shown that its a woman. Just a guess.
    Me. I shop for my razor. My wife and I both have talked to our 7 yr old about not starting a fight but to finish one if it comes to that. Yes boys will be boys. I’ve seen him stand up for himself and go after a bigger older kid that hit his friend. He was in kindergarten and the other kid was in 2 Nd. He lost but it was a win because he stood up to a bully. I’ve never been prouder of him. That’s when they learn to stand up for themselves and others who need help. Women don’t want to raise a pussy anymore than a man wants to. There are bad people out there who aren’t going to buy into this bull shit. And they will roll over anyone they think are soft and weak. They will prey on them. This world is not a kumbaya place. It will eat you alive and shit you out. If someone doesn’t want to be a man they better make friends with one to protect his punk ass out on the street. And that’s a fact.
    Last edited by Capebuffalo; 01-22-2019 at 01:26 PM.
    ghettoboyd likes this.

  15. #15
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,721
    Just for the record, I don't like the first part of the commercial. But, it seems to imply that this is the way things have been in the past & needs to be changed. Nothing fundamentally wrong with that either, except if one takes it that ALL men were guilty of that previously.

    But, being 60 myself, men did behave differently in the past, but they really shouldn't be blamed for it, because those were the times. I have similar thoughts on how the me too movement is trying to persecute guys for past actions that at the time were considered acceptable (though not appropriate).

    Also agree that similar commercials can be made for other individuals as well.

  16. #16
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Me. I shop for my razor. My wife and I both have talked to our 7 yr old about not starting a fight but to finish one if it comes to that. Yes boys will be boys. I’ve seen him stand up for himself and go after a bigger older kid that hit his friend. He was in kindergarten and the other kid was in 2 Nd. He lost but it was a win because he stood up to a bully. I’ve never been prouder of him. That’s when they learn to stand up for themselves and others who need help. Women don’t want to raise a pussy anymore than a man wants to. There are bad people out there who aren’t going to buy into this bull shit. And they will roll over anyone they think are soft and weak. They will prey on them. This world is not a kumbaya place. It will eat you alive and shit you out. If someone doesn’t want to be a man they better make friends with one to protect his punk ass out on the street. And that’s a fact.
    Respect what you are saying. Personally, my wife does the shopping (that is NOT a slam).

    I will tell you that seeing the the behavior of boys in high school indicates that they need better fathers like yourself and from what I've read, other members on the forum. I'm not letting off the girls in high school.

    Bullying and fighting was not exclusively isolated on this commercial.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    dont ask for a source thx
    Posts
    8,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Several thoughts here. First one that jumps out is $. Who in your family goes shopping for your razor blades? Added in edit: deodorant & shave gel.

    I'm guessing their research has shown that its a woman. Just a guess.
    That’s a very valid point brother I have never purchased those things myself ever it’s the wife...
    Proximal likes this.

  18. #18
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,464
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Me. I shop for my razor. My wife and I both have talked to our 7 yr old about not starting a fight but to finish one if it comes to that. Yes boys will be boys. I’ve seen him stand up for himself and go after a bigger older kid that hit his friend. He was in kindergarten and the other kid was in 2 Nd. He lost but it was a win because he stood up to a bully. I’ve never been prouder of him. That’s when they learn to stand up for themselves and others who need help. Women don’t want to raise a pussy anymore than a man wants to. There are bad people out there who aren’t going to buy into this bull shit. And they will roll over anyone they think are soft and weak. They will prey on them. This world is not a kumbaya place. It will eat you alive and shit you out. If someone doesn’t want to be a man they better make friends with one to protect his punk ass out on the street. And that’s a fact.
    This!!!
    Capebuffalo likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  19. #19
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,464
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Respect what you are saying. Personally, my wife does the shopping (that is NOT a slam).

    I will tell you that seeing the the behavior of boys in high school indicates that they need better fathers like yourself and from what I've read, other members on the forum. I'm not letting off the girls in high school.

    Bullying and fighting was not exclusively isolated on this commercial.

    Kids are kids, I think that single motherhood has become almost too fashionable. It’s been accepted by both men and women more and more. And to some extent, the “shame,” that went along with unmarried pregnancies even as early as 20 years ago is now all but erased from our culture. Not that I think that’s bad. But it does make it more acceptable for males to not be in their children’s lives. Which is not acceptable in my opinion. No matter how many chicks you can get. If you don’t take care of your kids. You are not a man, just a boy running around with his dick out.

    With that you have a lot of boys growing up without a positive male roll model. Boys will naturally gravitate to seek approval and guidance from somewhere. That’s just part of human development. They might attach themselves to a athlete, singer or celebrity and look up to them since they have no father to speak of in their life. Kids don’t always choose wisely in that respect and will just mimic certain behaviors that he thinks is appropriate but really are not.

    Girls aren’t off the hook either. Growing up, girls were the meanest to others and to each other. Especially now on social media. That is why teen girl suicide/attempted suicide is up scary amounts in the last 10 years. Now more than ever, kids need responsible and strong parents to help them navigate between what is right, what is wrong and what is just fantasy in a world of instant media.
    EDCG19 likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  20. #20
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,721
    TY, hey guys I'm with you, just trying to look at it differently, ok.

    Jesus, I have an issue why there can't be white pride or white power groups when woman or any other minority can. I'm proud to be a white male.

    I can't tell you how many friends or acquaintances that I lost over the Kavanaugh issue (I was pro-Kavanaugh) & am happy I lost them.

    My point about shopping was purely capitalistic, if woman are doing the shopping (my God how sexist of me to generalize them that way, lol), then Gillette is looking after their bottom line and likely gives s fuck about woman's feelings.

    MS, your point about kids being kids lost me.
    EDCG19 likes this.

  21. #21
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    21,227
    This

  22. #22
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    21,227
    And more of this

  23. #23
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,464
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    TY, hey guys I'm with you, just trying to look at it differently, ok.

    Jesus, I have an issue why there can't be white pride or white power groups when woman or any other minority can. I'm proud to be a white male.

    I can't tell you how many friends or acquaintances that I lost over the Kavanaugh issue (I was pro-Kavanaugh) & am happy I lost them.

    My point about shopping was purely capitalistic, if woman are doing the shopping (my God how sexist of me to generalize them that way, lol), then Gillette is looking after their bottom line and likely gives s fuck about woman's feelings.

    MS, your point about kids being kids lost me.
    Kids are angels at home when they are with you. But are brutal little savages when they are at school and around other kids. That had always been and will always be because they don’t have the mental capacity to be kind all the time. They are young and immature, and will as a whole, act as such. That’s what I was getting at. Lol
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 01-22-2019 at 04:13 PM.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  24. #24
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,721
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Kids are angels at home when they are with you. But are brutal little savages when they are at school and around other kids. That had always been and will always be because they don’t have the mental capacity to be kind all the time. They are young and immature, and will as a whole, act as such. That’s what I was getting at. Lol
    The population here at my school is a tad too ready to fight at any insult or slight. The district has to make it very black & white about fighting, because the kids just can't figure out the grey areas.

    At least here (and I'm guessing most schools), I don't necessarily think it's a pussification process of the boys, but one meant to protect against riots (it's really something to be trying to maintain safety of kids when 100's are fighting and over a thousand are cheering them on). Plus then you've got the ever present law-suits.

  25. #25
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is online now Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    999
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Joe Rogan sums it up perfectly.

    Pretty good video. I'll have to watch the whole podcast but what he said about how people judge the south is 100% correct
    The carpet baggers out there in the east and west coast think the south is full of uneducated hicks and by spreading that narrative they just end up losing their voting base. I think the democrats are popular for this by claiming everyone in the south is some fucked up uneducated bible thumping Christian when these people have never been in the south or know anyone from there

    I have family who travel the US and what they tell me is the south is a whole different group of people you'll ever get to meet while the worst places they have visited were areas like Southern California or New York... I wonder why
    These people have an elite attitude going back generations thinking the south is nothing more than hick towns

    Really disgusting imo, and I have never been to the south but still they treat southerns like they are not Americans

  26. #26
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is online now Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    999
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Kids are angels at home when they are with you. But are brutal little savages when they are at school and around other kids. That had always been and will always be because they don’t have the mental capacity to be kind all the time. They are young and immature, and will as a whole, act as such. That’s what I was getting at. Lol
    That is the game, you raise your kids at a young age but as anyone here who is old enough knows for a fact people are raised at school and with their peer groups
    Who your kids are at home between age 12-18 isn't who they are everywhere else

    I've heard the stories over and over again parents screaming at their kids saying this isn't how we raised you etc... these parents seem to not understand these are young kids/adults who have their own life and peers around school and other events they go to. Ofcourse they don't act the same, haven't we all been there before in our own lives??

  27. #27
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is online now Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    999
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Kids are kids, I think that single motherhood has become almost too fashionable. It’s been accepted by both men and women more and more. And to some extent, the “shame,” that went along with unmarried pregnancies even as early as 20 years ago is now all but erased from our culture. Not that I think that’s bad. But it does make it more acceptable for males to not be in their children’s lives. Which is not acceptable in my opinion. No matter how many chicks you can get. If you don’t take care of your kids. You are not a man, just a boy running around with his dick out.

    With that you have a lot of boys growing up without a positive male roll model. Boys will naturally gravitate to seek approval and guidance from somewhere. That’s just part of human development. They might attach themselves to a athlete, singer or celebrity and look up to them since they have no father to speak of in their life. Kids don’t always choose wisely in that respect and will just mimic certain behaviors that he thinks is appropriate but really are not.

    Girls aren’t off the hook either. Growing up, girls were the meanest to others and to each other. Especially now on social media. That is why teen girl suicide/attempted suicide is up scary amounts in the last 10 years. Now more than ever, kids need responsible and strong parents to help them navigate between what is right, what is wrong and what is just fantasy in a world of instant media.
    YES, this is all 100% correct
    I personally blame weak men growing up because there was no real father figure in the home who didn't know how to raise a man or a single mom trying to raise a boy like a girl.. this doesn't work and there are more than enough studies on this
    Boys will become men eventually and the father figure in society is a joke
    Have you seen the shows they have been putting out in the past 20 years of fathers in the home? They're usually idiots
    MuscleScience and Obs like this.

  28. #28
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,721
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    Pretty good video. I'll have to watch the whole podcast but what he said about how people judge the south is 100% correct
    The carpet baggers out there in the east and west coast think the south is full of uneducated hicks and by spreading that narrative they just end up losing their voting base. I think the democrats are popular for this by claiming everyone in the south is some fucked up uneducated bible thumping Christian when these people have never been in the south or know anyone from there

    I have family who travel the US and what they tell me is the south is a whole different group of people you'll ever get to meet while the worst places they have visited were areas like Southern California or New York... I wonder why
    These people have an elite attitude going back generations thinking the south is nothing more than hick towns

    Really disgusting imo, and I have never been to the south but still they treat southerns like they are not Americans
    I'm in Southern California and we aren't all that bad, just like folks from the South all aren't like what you see in "Here comes Honey Boo Boo". But of course there are those people who generalize, it happens on both sides.

  29. #29
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is online now Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    999
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    I'm in Southern California and we aren't all that bad, just like folks from the South all aren't like what you see in "Here comes Honey Boo Boo". But of course there are those people who generalize, it happens on both sides.
    I'm from Cali and never moving back there again
    Pretty sure its bad in that state and it will only get worse but I'll leave it at that

  30. #30
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,976
    There is always going to be another commercial that "offends" people whether they are right or left wing.

    Literally every issue is turned into an epidemic.
    If they label something as toxic masculinity, I really don't mind. It is just like all things now... Politicized.

    I go to oak park mall and I am a God. These people are exactly the kind that will label things like "toxic masculinity".

    I am good with that because their wife wants to touch me. She smiled real big at me and didn't even mean to.

    They can keep getting weaker and I will keep getting stronger. They can call me what they choose but they will do so where I cant hear.

    Look at the movement of the left.... Is there something intimidating about a bunch of people that don't know what bathroom to use or that think violence, guns, masculinity, and morals are outdated? Fuckers gonna attack me with bongs and dildos?

    I am ok.
    If the gaggle of rejects ever comes for me they can just ask their wife for my number. They have no initiative they just bitch and it gets lumped into right or left like everything today.

    I am toxically masculine. They can't do anything worse in terms of laws than it already is. You slap someone and get felony charges ffs.

    I see everyone on fb posting shit:

    "If something I post offends you too bad"

    Ok look hotshot, its 2019. Nothing you say or do is going to even remotely disturb anyone.
    Political correctness can only exist if people on both sides aknowledge it. You cant be atrested for speaking your mind so why care?
    Last edited by Obs; 01-22-2019 at 05:00 PM.

  31. #31
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,976
    I am not offended at the gillete commercial I never saw.
    I may have some gillette razors dont know. I wont be burning it with my nike shit either.

    If I boycotted everything that I dodnt agree with I would be amish. But.... I can't stand amish... Shit.

  32. #32
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,464
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    That is the game, you raise your kids at a young age but as anyone here who is old enough knows for a fact people are raised at school and with their peer groups
    Who your kids are at home between age 12-18 isn't who they are everywhere else

    I've heard the stories over and over again parents screaming at their kids saying this isn't how we raised you etc... these parents seem to not understand these are young kids/adults who have their own life and peers around school and other events they go to. Ofcourse they don't act the same, haven't we all been there before in our own lives??
    Yep exactly, that’s why I can’t get to pissed off at an 18 year old kid. I was there and did silly stupid stuff outside of my character because I was still impulsive.

    Unfortunately for parents, the most important factor in a kids development isn’t the parents. It’s actually their peers and how they act and treat others. To an extent Kids will start to follow their parents values more closely into adulthood. But from school age to young adulthood. It’s both the good kids and bad kids who the child will emulate and follow. That is why I think it’s even more important for a kids to have strong minded parents with strong values to imprint a basic set of morality before the kids reached school age. That way the kid does have a good base to build his or hers personality and maybe that will steer him or her into a good path when choosing peers in school.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  33. #33
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,976
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Yep exactly, that’s why I can’t get to pissed off at an 18 year old kid. I was there and did silly stupid stuff outside of my character because I was still impulsive.

    Unfortunately for parents, the most important factor in a kids development isn’t the parents. It’s actually their peers and how they act and treat others. To an extent Kids will start to follow their parents values more closely into adulthood. But from school age to young adulthood. It’s both the good kids and bad kids who the child will emulate and follow. That is why I think it’s even more important for a kids to have strong minded parents with strong values to imprint a basic set of morality before the kids reached school age. That way the kid does have a good base to build his or hers personality and maybe that will steer him or her into a good path when choosing peers in school.
    So how do you punish a teen?
    Do you just ignore failing behavior?
    They have to be called down, impulsive or not.
    MuscleScience likes this.

  34. #34
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    So how do you punish a teen?
    Do you just ignore failing behavior?
    They have to be called down, impulsive or not.
    Problem is, not enough people do, including the parents. There lies the problem.
    Obs and MuscleScience like this.

  35. #35
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Problem is, not enough people do, including the parents. There lies the problem.
    I am worried about the girls being teens.
    Well the boys too for that matter. I wont be there a lot of the time. I will not let them cross certain lines though. Everyone does dumb stuff.
    Proximal likes this.

  36. #36
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,721
    I tell my kids about doing dumb stuff all of the time, particularly when under the influence, thankfully they seem to acknowledge. Just don't make it life changinging dumb stuff.

    Why not trust your instincts with your girls. They're your kids, you've got great values, pass them on. I see too many of the girls in school that really need a strong yet understanding father. Too many dads back off, shy away & leave it to mom (no not because of this feminization argument)because they THINK the girls don't want to listen to them.
    Obs likes this.

  37. #37
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,464
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    So how do you punish a teen?
    Do you just ignore failing behavior?
    They have to be called down, impulsive or not.
    I don’t know the specific answer to that. But I have read that in every measure or social and economic status. If a child grows up in a two parent MARRIED household they are many times less likely to grow up in poverty and be in poverty themselves into adulthood. And if the graduate high school, get married and do not have kids before 20 years of age they won’t either. 92% of households that follow that sequence do not live on poverty.

    So the data strongly suggest that two parent married households increase the chances of their children growing up to at the very least being able to fend for themselves in the modern world financially. Not to say kids that grew up with divorced parents can’t either. However it seems kids that grow up in a single parent, never married household, are much more likely to struggle mightily than those kids that do not. I’m not arguing individual examples of success. That’s just what the overall sociological data tends to show.
    Obs likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  38. #38
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,464
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    I tell my kids about doing dumb stuff all of the time, particularly when under the influence, thankfully they seem to acknowledge. Just don't make it life changinging dumb stuff.

    Why not trust your instincts with your girls. They're your kids, you've got great values, pass them on. I see too many of the girls in school that really need a strong yet understanding father. Too many dads back off, shy away & leave it to mom (no not because of this feminization argument)because they THINK the girls don't want to listen to them.

    I think you’re onto part of the problem. To many times parents try to be friends or be “cool,” with their kids. Instead of being a parent that loves them but doesn’t worry if they piss them off in the short term. It’s like being a boss and treating your employees as best buddies. if you’re their friend you are less likely to correct them when they are wrong or order them to do their job when they are fucking off for fear or upsetting them. The boss is the boss for a reason, so to are parents.
    Proximal likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  39. #39
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,976
    I worry more than anything my kids will think I was too hard on them. I keep my boys walking the line.
    I punish the girls but I do rely on the females to do their part in their raising.

  40. #40
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I worry more than anything my kids will think I was too hard on them. I keep my boys walking the line.
    I punish the girls but I do rely on the females to do their part in their raising.
    Obs, you know me, I speak my mind.

    I also never had kids so I cannot put myself in your shoes.

    I just enjoy discussions that mean something, which is why I post in threads such as this.

    All of that said, I feel that you are not trusting your judgement & sense of values enough.
    Obs likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •