Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree292Likes

Thread: The Charlie & GearHeaded Project, another cycle experiment.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post
    Interesting read on NYT website on how the virus spread.... No politics or conspiracy, just data.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...gtype=Homepage
    Nice read, interesting, TY!
    Charlie67 likes this.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Sorry Charlie- I have no respect for the NYT. This may be truthful, but most of their stories are not.
    Under the present situation, they also are trying to go on people’s fear.
    They had a headline the other day, something like Dr’s need to decide who to save.
    Let’s just multiply everyone’s fear 3x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No worries, I also don't like narrative news or click bait headlines, it seems that fear mongering is the only thing out there.

I do like data that's arranged thoughtfully to tell a story.... Sure, data can be manipulated too, I get it... hopefully we all apply our own brain power (as little as I may have) to any information we get to see if it's reasonable.
    Last edited by Charlie67; 03-24-2020 at 08:15 AM.
    SampsonandDelilah and sv.elia like this.

The road is offline Banned- I said my goodbyes.
    Learn how to use your phone! Swipe up and the captions will come. LOL

I only know right swype...
    I tried swiping up and gotta create an account.

Fking iphone loser!

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The road View Post
    I only know right swype...
    I tried swiping up and gotta create an account.

Fking iphone loser!
    At least I could view it. LOL

The road likes this.

At least I could view it. LOL

Read about 20 more nyt articles and your IP will get the same pop up smardass

C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.
    I read it on an iPhone, no signup needed. Just swipe up or down past that suggestion to subscribe.

Great graphic representation of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by C27H40O3 View Post
    I read it on an iPhone, no signup needed. Just swipe up or down past that suggestion to subscribe.

Great graphic representation of what happened.

Don’t worry. The Road is mentally challenged and on top of that uses a Samsung. LOL

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Don’t worry. The Road is mentally challenged and on top of that uses a Samsung. LOL

Cave man
    Charlie67 likes this.

Its an LG thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Cave man
    Hey at least my software provider hasn't been caught feeding my device updates to purposely slow it down so I will buy more of their useless shit

Hi guys,

Well this has been a shit week for fitness, more on that in a minute. First, a couple of thoughts:

1) I remember one of the weirdest things about 9/11 was that for the following 3-4 weeks everyone out in the general public was super nice to each other. When you pulled up to a 4-way stop, no one would go because they were all waving at each other, telling them to go first. Everyone you ran into in public was super nice and told me to "have a good day" or "welcome, how can I help you". It was nice while it lasted, but with time everyone went back to their default setting.

I'm seeing that same phenomenon now, I don't go anywhere but the grocery store, online work meetings, or to the park, but everyone I run into is just so damn polite. It a weird commentary on humans I think... tragedy or hardship... it pulls us together. It's an odd counter-intuitive thought considering the 700,000 plus unemployment claims, the huge numbers of small (likely to fail) closed businesses, and the shelter-in-place orders that you might think would be driving people nuts.

2) The shelter-in-place order is driving me nuts. I love my family, but if we were all in the same prison cell, someone would get shanked.

Update... I've lost 7 pounds in the last week. Trying to adjust to the new-normal (diet-wise) has not been easy. I have added quite a bit of cardio activity.. to the point that when I ask the dog if he wants to go on another walk, he hides under the table. But I've been eating like shit. Snacking with kids is hard... Willpower is mostly a myth IMHO. Its far easier to change my environment than it is to rely on my willpower to not eat another God damn Oreo.

I'm really struggling with what to do about my gear... I'm still running everything (probably also explains some of the weight loss) but I feel like I'm just pissing away money. I talked to GH last week when all this first started and decided (since its mostly cosmetic stuff) to just soldier on... but fuck, Primo is expensive. Probably going to talk to him again and push the pause button. Just drop down to a cruising dose and wait this out. I don't know.

The workouts... I HAD been walk/running to the park (about 1/2 mike away), doing my best with push-ups variations with my feet up on benches, pull-up variations on the monkey bars, and bands.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200326_163914.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	143.2 KB 
ID:	178487

Name:	IMG_20200328_095728.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	171.2 KB 
ID:	178488

I've haven't seen a soul at the park since I've been going, but when I got to the park yesterday:

Name:	IMG_20200329_112839.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	181.5 KB 
ID:	178489

Along with a bunch of signs posted saying the park is closed.... so... Now I'm going to a basketball court that's nearby. There's nothing to hang from, so no pull up stuff, but the posts holding up the hoops are more than just a post, so there's cross pieces to hang bands from, you just have to be a little creative to create more resistance.

Name:	tmp_2020032913301785872.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	219.0 KB 
ID:	178490

I've developed a Push/Pull/Legs routine I'm doing daily, no rest days. It's not exactly "resistance" training, more like "a bit better than nothing" training. I'm really working on my mind muscle connection, and I'm trying to make the most of it. I see needing gloves in my future, but once the bands rip all the hair off your hands, and you adjust to the blisters, its tolerable and better than nothing

Name:	photo_1585503936945.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	267.1 KB 
ID:	178491

And I can get an ok sweat going if I stick the 30 sec rests, and do a lot of ISO holds and rest-pause sets

Name:	tmp_2020032811050558381.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	322.5 KB 
ID:	178492

... but its still not as rewarding as weights.

I hope everyone is doing well, I'm thankful to have you guys to hang out with during these bizarre times.

Warmest regards,
    C-

Proximal is offline Banned
    Doing the same myself. More bands & attachments slowly arriving by amazon. Also just got an order of different length bungee cords that might have potential as well.

Working out of my backyard. Have a lot to attach to both high & low.

We still have knuckleheads playing basketball on our courts .

Glad you are well.
    Charlie67 likes this.

Way to keep going Chucky!!
    I guess that I need to do something. I am laying low for heart Evals. They were checking my arteries in the throat and found some soft tissue on my thyroid. I just get pissed because if it isn’t one thing, it’s another. I just want a good cycle with no issues and to prepare for my next comp. I feel like an old man, everything hurts. I have a nerve that is killing me in the buttock that goes down my leg. I am going to a neurokinesologist who thinks it’s minor and can be fixed fast. He has done miracles in the past for me. We’ll see.

Charlie67 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Doing the same myself. More bands & attachments slowly arriving by amazon. Also just got an order of different length bungee cords that might have potential as well.
    Hi Prox, Necessity really is the mother of invention isn't it? Every day I consider ordering more and more stuff. The painful thing for me is that about 2 yrs ago we moved into a house with only a 2 car garage, lost my 3-car where I had weights set-up.... so I sold a TON of weights/bench/rack. Everything I had thinking "Oh I'll always have a gym to go to, just get rid of it...". Hindsight is a bitch.

Way to keep going Chucky!!
    I guess that I need to do something. I am laying low for heart Evals. They were checking my arteries in the throat and found some soft tissue on my thyroid. I just get pissed because if it isn’t one thing, it’s another. I just want a good cycle with no issues and to prepare for my next comp. I feel like an old man, everything hurts. I have a nerve that is killing me in the buttock that goes down my leg. I am going to a neurokinesologist who thinks it’s minor and can be fixed fast. He has done miracles in the past for me. We’ll see.
    Charger, you're like my inspirational poster-boy for someone who is older and bigger than I am.... I hope everything resolves itself soon! Be well brother!

Shortly after my last post I talked to GH, I've dropped my gear down to a cruise(ish) level for the foreseeable future. 150 Test and 100 Primo per week. I'm going to eat clean(ish) and stick to my Push/Pull/Legs rotation with a little cardio.

Here's a question: How long do pre-loaded syringes last you think? I have 4 pins filled with a mix of Tren and Test, and 8 loaded with primo. I'll eventually use up the primo ones as I cruise, but I'd rather not waste the Tren/Test mix. What about just shooting it back into the Tren bottle? would that taint the Tren that's in there???? Not sure what to do there.

Sooooo.... looks like I'm working remote until May 1 now.

I'm so very fortunate you guys. I don't make a lot, but Mrs. C and I are doing fine. And our jobs appear to be secure for now. 3/5ths of the kids still live with us, the other 2 are living on their own and it seems like they'll survive this with jobs... the oldest daughter is a preschool teacher, she's ok through this school year (mid-May) then we'll see what happens to her. My best friend is a special needs teacher and has been laid off... uhg. Lots of people in tough positions these days.

And the international people... India, Italy, etc. Man, lots of terrifying news and social unrest.

Stay safe guys,
    C-
    Proximal likes this.

So... I thought I was being fancy and smart... "Here's a perfect solution for fly's!", I thought.

Name:	IMG_20200331_162457.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	152.6 KB 
ID:	178503

Then Karma came along and said... "not so fast fancy pants".

Name:	IMG_20200331_165139.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	178504

I have had thoughts about what if one of these things break and slaps me in the back of the head... wasn't nearly as traumatic. it just kinda broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post
    Hi Prox, Necessity really is the mother of invention isn't it? Every day I consider ordering more and more stuff. The painful thing for me is that about 2 yrs ago we moved into a house with only a 2 car garage, lost my 3-car where I had weights set-up.... so I sold a TON of weights/bench/rack. Everything I had thinking "Oh I'll always have a gym to go to, just get rid of it...". Hindsight is a bitch.

Charger, you're like my inspirational poster-boy for someone who is older and bigger than I am.... I hope everything resolves itself soon! Be well brother!

Shortly after my last post I talked to GH, I've dropped my gear down to a cruise(ish) level for the foreseeable future. 150 Test and 100 Primo per week. I'm going to eat clean(ish) and stick to my Push/Pull/Legs rotation with a little cardio.

Here's a question: How long do pre-loaded syringes last you think? I have 4 pins filled with a mix of Tren and Test, and 8 loaded with primo. I'll eventually use up the primo ones as I cruise, but I'd rather not waste the Tren/Test mix. What about just shooting it back into the Tren bottle? would that taint the Tren that's in there???? Not sure what to do there.

Sooooo.... looks like I'm working remote until May 1 now.

I'm so very fortunate you guys. I don't make a lot, but Mrs. C and I are doing fine. And our jobs appear to be secure for now. 3/5ths of the kids still live with us, the other 2 are living on their own and it seems like they'll survive this with jobs... the oldest daughter is a preschool teacher, she's ok through this school year (mid-May) then we'll see what happens to her. My best friend is a special needs teacher and has been laid off... uhg. Lots of people in tough positions these days.

And the international people... India, Italy, etc. Man, lots of terrifying news and social unrest.

Stay safe guys,
    C-
    Well the preloaded will last awhile. It depends on the materials. The rubber would probably be the first to go but that would be a long time. I have used ones that have been stored months. Nothing happened, however I am also the person that had to have surgery to remove an infection from pinning. LOL

Charlie67 likes this.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Well the preloaded will last awhile. It depends on the materials. The rubber would probably be the first to go but that would be a long time. I have used ones that have been stored months. Nothing happened, however I am also the person that had to have surgery to remove an infection from pinning. LOL

I wouldn’t take a chance. I’d probably just shoot it all right now.
    Charlie67 likes this.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    This project worked?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information