Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree599Likes

Thread: Fuck Cancer

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Fuck Cancer!!

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Fuck Cancer!!
    Fuck Cancer!!!!! Fuck it and the horse it road in on!

Thought beating the nausea was the key to eating. It’s not. This “chemo mouth” is the real deal.
    One of the drugs I’m on (5FU) is notorious for causing this condition. I’ve been trying to stay on top of it...I’m losing terribly.

Eating yogurt and drinking water is like swallowing glass and chasing it with lava. I’m so disheartened...

I’ve had such great PM’s from this crew and I’m so Mother Fucking grateful. Truly trying to keep my spirits up, but this latest curveball is the real deal.

Praying my body comes to terms with its new normal and blesses me with an appetite or the strength to overcome the rawness of my mouth.

Be kind to a stranger today and give grace to someone unsuspecting. You never know what shit might be on their plate.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Damm shit news!
    Don’t really know you mate but I’m sure I will get to know you better in time....
    My dad just beat that shit I’m sure as shit you will....
    My Thoughts are with you.
    SampsonandDelilah and BG like this.

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Quote Originally Posted by Booz View Post
    Damm shit news!
    Don’t really know you mate but I’m sure I will get to know you better in time....
    My dad just beat that shit I’m sure as shit you will....
    My Thoughts are with you.
    Thanks Booz.

Congrats and god bless to your Dad, that’s the shit I like to hear!

Suck it Cancer
    Booz likes this.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    fuck c̶a̶n̶c̶e̶r̶

There's an old trick that some people with difficulty eating use: Sucking on ice cubes. I wonder if that would help to soothe your mouth for 5 minutes right before eating?

If you want a good book to read, there's the autobiography of Lance Armstrong entitled "It's Not About the Bike". He won the international bicycle road race, Tour de France, seven times. Later he got cancer. It started in his testicles, but by the time he went to get it checked, it had already spread to his lungs, abdomen and brain. He was only given a 40% chance of survival, and that was back in 1996. He's 48 today and still ticking over.

It's actually a really good book, I read it myself two years ago. Some people have a problem with Lance because he was caught doping -- some people have a big problem with cheats -- but I don't think it's cheating if everyone's doing it. There's the 'official' rule book, and then there's the 'de facto' rule book. The second one is the important one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Cameron View Post
    fuck c̶a̶n̶c̶e̶r̶

There's an old trick that some people with difficulty eating use: Sucking on ice cubes. I wonder if that would help to soothe your mouth for 5 minutes right before eating?
    Thank for the thought.
    I’ve tried it but to no avail....

Meet with oncologist today, hoping for some sort of lidocaine rinse. If not I’ll just have to grind it out and suck up the pain. Not eating isn’t an option. Took me over an hour to finish dinner. Every bit was agonizing, got it fucking done though.
    About to tackle some eggs, you’d think they’d be easy but they’re just as brutal. I’m telling you, even yogurt and my smoothie hurt. I know others are dealing with worse. I just keep reminding myself...
    GirlyGymRat likes this.

You just reminded me now about the horrible sore throat I had last year. I mean it was really bad, I was waking up in the middle of the night in pain. But then I got this lidocaine spray (see the video above) and I was fine, I just sprayed it at the back of my mouth and it made everything numb within less than a minute. I'm in Europe so the stuff I have here is made by "Boots" and it's called "Anaesthetic Sore Throat Relief 2% w/v Lidocaine Hydrochloride".
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~

Fuck Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Thank for the thought.

Meet with oncologist today, hoping for some sort of lidocaine rinse. If not I’ll just have to grind it out and suck up the pain. Not eating isn’t an option. Took me over an hour to finish dinner. Every bit was agonizing, got it fucking done though.
    About to tackle some eggs, you’d think they’d be easy but they’re just as brutal. I’m telling you, even yogurt and my smoothie hurt. I know others are dealing with worse. I just keep reminding myself...
    I’m praying for you and now praying for ease of sores. Not everyone gets chemo mouth. I have used topical OTC lidocaine for in home treatment and it does help! Never used oral and didn’t know it was a thing. I hope Dr is able to hook u up with something.

It’s been taking me over an hour to eat my 2nd meal (Linner) bc I force myself to eat veggies first. Doing intermittent fasting w/2 meals and even eat breakfast veggies!

TGiThursay zoom with gf and I have no patience for 1st world b!tchings. Most ppl don’t understand how bad cancer is until happens to themselves or someone they care for...not just an acquaintance.

you are inspiring!! Admire you!

Always remember to be your own advocate or take someone with you who can advocate on your behalf.

Always remember these ppl work for you. You need something to do your job (kicking cancers a$$) you ask for it early...and remind them often if needed.

Always know Nurses can be your biggest advocate. I’m sure you are really nice person and u are building an army of allies in the hospital. Have you ever heard of a respected knowledgable nurse take down a doctor bc not doing enough for patient who is doing their best to kill cancer...it happens - mostly not in public!!
    Test Monsterone likes this.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Thank for the thought.

Wonder if the medicine they give for thrush would work?

https://www.healthline.com/health/ma...hwash#overview
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thought beating the nausea was the key to eating. It’s not. This “chemo mouth” is the real deal.
    One of the drugs I’m on (5FU) is notorious for causing this condition. I’ve been trying to stay on top of it...I’m losing terribly.

Eating yogurt and drinking water is like swallowing glass and chasing it with lava. I’m so disheartened...

I’ve had such great PM’s from this crew and I’m so Mother Fucking grateful. Truly trying to keep my spirits up, but this latest curveball is the real deal.

Praying my body comes to terms with its new normal and blesses me with an appetite or the strength to overcome the rawness of my mouth.

Be kind to a stranger today and give grace to someone unsuspecting. You never know what shit might be on their plate.
    You’ve got this. It’s like that last rep that you want to get out. Just hang in there, it takes some effort, but you will get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    I’m praying for you and now praying for ease of sores. Not everyone gets chemo mouth. I have used topical OTC lidocaine for in home treatment and it does help! Never used oral and didn’t know it was a thing. I hope Dr is able to hook u up with something.

It’s been taking me over an hour to eat my 2nd meal (Linner) bc I force myself to eat veggies first. Doing intermittent fasting w/2 meals and even eat breakfast veggies!

TGiThursay zoom with gf and I have no patience for 1st world b!tchings. Most ppl don’t understand how bad cancer is until happens to themselves or someone they care for...not just an acquaintance.

you are inspiring!! Admire you!

Always remember to be your own advocate or take someone with you who can advocate on your behalf.

Always remember these ppl work for you. You need something to do your job (kicking cancers a$$) you ask for it early...and remind them often if needed.

Always know Nurses can be your biggest advocate. I’m sure you are really nice person and u are building an army of allies in the hospital. Have you ever heard of a respected knowledgable nurse take down a doctor bc not doing enough for patient who is doing their best to kill cancer...it happens - mostly not in public!!

You’re awesome GGR, thank you! The nurses have been amazing, actually amazing doesn’t even describe them. You’re spot on. Absolutely have to be your own advocate too...squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Thank you!!
    The road likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Wonder if the medicine they give for thrush would work?

https://www.healthline.com/health/ma...hwash#overview

So they just RX’d me lidocaine and I mix it with equal parts Benadryl and Maalox...nice call! It’s exactly the “magic mouthwash” recipe! Awesome link, thank you!
    The idea is it numbs it long enough to shove the food in...I’m up for the challenge. Mine are deep into my throat too, so I’ll have to swallow (ya ya I swallow )
    But should help with the diarrhea that awaits me too, lol.
    The 5FU attacks the mucosa in the body and strips it down that’s why I’m dealing with the mouth sores. Good news is I also found out I’m a hyper metabolizer so at least I respond well to drugs!

So they just RX’d me lidocaine and I mix it with equal parts Benadryl and Maalox...nice call! It’s exactly the “magic mouthwash” recipe! Awesome link, thank you!
    The idea is it numbs it long enough to shove the food in...I’m up for the challenge. Mine are deep into my throat too, so I’ll have to swallow (ya ya I swallow )
    But should help with the diarrhea that awaits me too, lol.
    The 5FU attacks the mucosa in the body and strips it down that’s why I’m dealing with the mouth sores. Good news is I also found out I’m a hyper metabolizer so at least I respond well to drugs!
    Excellent. You should respond well and hopefully any sides will clear out quickly.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

BG
    Fuck cancer like it deserves!

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Magic mouthwash was pretty successful. Wasn’t 100% but nothing in life is. Took advantage of it and got some good nourishments in as well as a high calorie shake with ground oats.
    Numbed it pretty damn good and am hoping the Benadryl will help my sleep and Maalox will help with....well you know what it’ll help with

Appreciate you all!

Day 1, week 2 is in the books.

Not the log I thought I’d be keeping on our beloved forum, but it’s been cathartic and you all have been amazing at lifting my spirits. It’s pretty fucking incredible when you think about it.

Staying motivated and flash forwarding to hopefully keeping a log of my progress post chemo on my ascent back to bulkville

Weighed in at 255 today. Down about 10 pounds, but also have to take in account that I’ve been without any heavy lifting for weeks and my calories were declining before I even started treatments. BF% is still the same as well. Been trying to eat in surplus and accumulate a little extra fat, but my my body has been really efficient with the fuel I’m giving it. Can’t complain there

Managed to eat one of these little treats a buddy of mine dropped off today. Hoping they help with sleep! Would be great if they helped with my appetite, but don’t want to be loopy during the day. Nighttime is a different story though. Hard to believe this stuff is illegal (in some states), especially for severe medical patients that can really use it (not saying that’s me, but certainly some of the people I’ve been spending my days with. God bless them)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	954CD4F8-66C4-4B79-A27C-464DFCB8C0E6.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1,006.0 KB 
ID:	178683
    Last edited by SampsonandDelilah; 04-27-2020 at 10:18 PM.

The road is offline Banned- I said my goodbyes.
    Magic mouthwash was pretty successful. Wasn’t 100% but nothing in life is. Took advantage of it and got some good nourishments in as well as a high calorie shake with ground oats.
    Numbed it pretty damn good and am hoping the Benadryl will help my sleep and Maalox will help with....well you know what it’ll help with

Appreciate you all!

Day 1, week 2 is in the books.

Not the log I thought I’d be keeping on our beloved forum, but it’s been cathartic and you all have been amazing at lifting my spirits. It’s pretty fucking incredible when you think about it.

Staying motivated and flash forwarding to hopefully keeping a log of my progress post chemo on my ascent back to bulkville
    You are a good dude and you will be doing just as you said soon.
    BG and SampsonandDelilah like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The road View Post
    You are a good dude and you will be doing just as you said soon.
    You’re one of the good ones too!

I’m gonna make your delts look like chicken nuggets, lol! Impossible but we gotta have goals.

You’re awesome brother
    The road and BG like this.

The road is offline Banned- I said my goodbyes.
    You’re one of the good ones too!

I’m gonna make your delts look like chicken nuggets, lol! Impossible but we gotta have goals.

You’re awesome brother
    I will fight you to the death.
    Keep plowing brother.
    You are way out front of me.
    BG and SampsonandDelilah like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The road View Post
    I will fight you to the death.
    Keep plowing brother.
    You are way out front of me.

Side by side hombre...strength in numbers
    BG and The road like this.

Weighed in at 255 today. Down about 10 pounds, but also have to take in account that I’ve been without any heavy lifting for weeks and my calories were declining before I even started treatments. BF% is still the same as well. Been trying to eat in surplus and accumulate a little extra fat, but my my body has been really efficient with the fuel I’m giving it. Can’t complain there

Managed to eat one of these little treats a buddy of mine dropped off today. Hoping they help with sleep! Would be great if they helped with my appetite, but don’t want to be loopy during the day. Nighttime is a different story though. Hard to believe this stuff is illegal (in some states), especially for severe medical patients that can really use it (not saying that’s me, but certainly some of the people I’ve been spending my days with. God bless them)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	954CD4F8-66C4-4B79-A27C-464DFCB8C0E6.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1,006.0 KB 
ID:	178683
    Man hope the edibles gives you some relief. More and more Drs. around here are mentioning it to people that need some kind of an alternative or solution to regular pharma.

Personally, I think it should be provided free of charge to cancer patients or people with legit chronic pain issues.

Also, definitely think CBD should be provided totally free of charge to the children suffering with multiple daily seizures. It's a no-brainer to me. Provided and regulated by the government so there is a consistent dosage, and totally free.

Anyway, hang in there, S&D!

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Man hope the edibles gives you some relief. More and more Drs. around here are mentioning it to people that need some kind of an alternative or solution to regular pharma.

Personally, I think it should be provided free of charge to cancer patients or people with legit chronic pain issues.

Also, definitely think CBD should be provided totally free of charge to the children suffering with multiple daily seizures. It's a no-brainer to me. Provided and regulated by the government so there is a consistent dosage, and totally free.

Anyway, hang in there, S&D!

There’s nine different pill bottles on my desk right now, ranging from anti nausea, hypnotics, anxiolytics, and opioids. All of them combined have the potential to be out trumped by one little plant. The pills I’ve been taking just add to the poisoned feeling that chemotherapy brings on. Yet “modern medicine” consistently turns it back on THC and CBD. Yes it’s gotten a hell of a lot more traction and press than ever before but neither of my Harvard trained oncologists brought it up, yet they quickly wrote me more sleeping pills and pain medications.

I’ve always believed in the power of this plant for patients in need, never did I think I would be one of them.

It was another cancer patient who told me which ones to try, which varietal would help best and an awesome friend who offered to bring them over. Pretty cool.

I couldn’t agree more with you AG, praying it’ll help me out too.

(Sorry for the rant, lol)
    BG, The road, XnavyHMCS and 2 others like this.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    (Sorry for the rant, lol)
    In your condition, I think you can use the word entitled in the right way and say: You are entitled to rant!

I am thinking about you, everyday brother! Keep at it!

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    so I’ll have to swallow (ya ya I swallow )

You are the only one getting a free pass with that comment!
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

S&D- you be careful with those nurses. Keep your hands to yourself!! LOL

It just got real. You know when the Dr personally calls you, things are not good.

The road likes this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    My mom has been cancer free over 30 yrs. You got this man. Never quit the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    It just got real. You know when the Dr personally calls you, things are not good.

Ahhh shit Charger,

Fingers crossed man
    The road likes this.

I remember 6 years ago I was driving down the road and my phone rang, I answered it and it was my doctor. It went like this:

Dr - Tomás
    Me - yeah?
    Dr - It's Dr Smith here
    Me - yeah?
    Dr - Are you near a hospital?
    Me - yeah, why?
    Dr - Get to ER, your liver's going to fail

I went to ER, told them what my doctor said, they tested my liver values and my ALT came back as 2800.

Ahhh shit Charger,

Fingers crossed man
    Even my body doesn’t want to admit it.... it came back suspicious- this means they assume that I have cancer.
    It started out 95% of the time it’s nothing. I fall in the 5%. I have always defied the odds, it’s just this time I wish I didn’t. LOL
    I can’t say that I really expected anything different. Mother and sister died to cancer. My father had prostate cancer and now some kind of throat cancer is believed to be going on.

I don’t want to tell anyone. I know my wife will freak out.
    Oh boy, I don’t know if they will operate with heart flutter. Which do I take care of first? LOL

This is just like precomp...... the emotional roller coaster. LOL

S&D- you are handling this like no other!

Test Monsterone and The road like this.

C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.
    Quote Originally Posted by < > View Post
    Well,

All this real life shit

On my 3 day or so absence from here I found out that a close "freind" of mine is facing double life(he is 47)
    What did he, kill two people?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is just like precomp...... the emotional roller coaster.
    I would press pause on all your conscious thoughts until a doctor actually says in person to you, "You have cancer".

Three of my grandparents had a stroke, and the last one died of lung cancer, but I'm not taking that as an indicator of my future. To my knowledge, neither of the four of them did much cardio, plus there's so many things that can be avoided if you just check your cholesterol and blood pressure once in a while. The one that got lung cancer was a smoker.

I'm planning to still be doing the parkrun the year I die, which will hopefully be in the age range of about 85 - 105. I don't mind if I slow down in my last few months, but I want to be at least able to walk a month before I died. Actually it would be perfect of I could die of heart failure doing the parkrun at about 102ish.
    Last edited by Fluidic Kimbo; 04-29-2020 at 09:49 AM.

Gotta get your wife in the know brother, just my opinion. Even with your big ass shoulders, this a lot to carry alone. In the end, she’ll find out eventually. I didn’t tell anyone outside of my immediate family. People will ask eventually or suspect something as I’ve dropped off the face of the earth and I can’t keep the weight on despite my best efforts.

This forum can be your haven bro, just to get shit off your chest so you don’t have to keep it bottled up. It’s helped me tremendously just to rant and I take comfort in the positive messages I get here and through PM’s...shocking the strength I’ve found here.

As for which one first, it doesn’t really matter. You have to deal with both Charger. Meet that shit head on. Blowing it off just leaves it ahead and you’ll be bogged down in the ambiguity.

You’ve got your hands full, I get it. I really fucking get it. You’re your own best advocate and are the only one that can get your ass to the appointments.

Consider telling your wife, ya...she’s gonna freak. It’ll pail in comparison to the freak out if you don’t tell her.

You know I have your 6, if you want to rap. I fucking hate when people tell me that, so I get it. However, whenever people have a monumental health fuck on their hands, I tend to feel more comfortable sharing my bullshit. Just sayin’

We’re built for this shit Charger. Embrace the suck, running from it is futile. Head on mother fucker, plow straight ahead.

Even my body doesn’t want to admit it.... it came back suspicious- this means they assume that I have cancer.
    It started out 95% of the time it’s nothing. I fall in the 5%. I have always defied the odds, it’s just this time I wish I didn’t. LOL
    I can’t say that I really expected anything different. Mother and sister died to cancer. My father had prostate cancer and now some kind of throat cancer is believed to be going on.

I don’t want to tell anyone. I know my wife will freak out.
    Oh boy, I don’t know if they will operate with heart flutter. Which do I take care of first? LOL

This is just like precomp...... the emotional roller coaster. LOL

GirlyGymRat, BG and The road like this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks

Follow his lead brother. Follow his lead.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

I just don’t want to tell anyone. I do not know why. I can’t explain.

Test Monsterone likes this.

I just don’t want to tell anyone. I do not know why. I can’t explain.

No explanation needed...I felt the same way.

Ultimately it’s your decision. All I can share is that at the end of the day, including my loved ones in on the news lightened the burden for me.
    I’m sick of them asking how I’m doing all the fucking time, but still glad I brought them in.

It’s your cross to bear, I get that. No matter what anyone says, you’re the one that has to put on your rucksack and get into the fight
    BG likes this.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    You are the only one getting a free pass with that comment!
    Getting soft with age huh?

BG
    Both you guys stay strong and you always have us no matter what. You guys got this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information