Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Anti Anxiety Meds

GearHeaded is offline BANNED

Anti Anxiety Meds

As I've gotten older I've developed some pretty bad anxiety.. there are some days I can't even function and can't leave my house and end up canceling sessions with clients

this is not my area of expertise at all

what anxiety meds have any of you guys used or know anything about that works well with little side effects..do you just go to any basic doctor to get prescribed? or perhaps they can be picked up at a foreign pharmacy like I pick up other meds.. any information provided is appreciated
    Obs likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Well GH, i don't know much about these meds but i have been tried on a couple.

Ok, without going into this to much i have suffered this anxiety for around four years.

It's weird, am not scared in anyway i just feel awkward with a crowd of people . It sounds silly i know, example, when with the Mrs family at a party or BBQ or any get together for that matter i tend to peel away from them and sit who i am comfortable with.

See even training, i prefer on my own. I don't think this is anxiety to be fair i just can't be fucked with the small talk lol.

So as for meds i have only tried two, i will explain why at the end.

Ok, 1st was citalopram, (SSRI) i was constantly feeling sick and worried about things in life, i could not switch off at night. No matter how hard i tried, work, my daughters, ect , I just could not think right, i was happy, i explained this to the doc, i had no dept worries no relationship worries nothing to be sad about. Well apart from my father who passed four years ago.

Sorry rambling here, so the doc said definitely anxiety, so citalopram was given. Took it for a few wks then for some reason i did some reading on it, first thing that is was made for was depression. Fuck off i said stopped it, i am not a cunt or depressed, went back to the the doc and explained i stopped as i am not depressed.
    She explained there is more use to the drug than that, fair play so i gave it a go again for a few more wks and stopped because i just did not want to take a Antidepressant.

So, fast forward a few years i still felt the same so went back a few wks ago, she gave me Nortripyline, got home read up, not a SSRI but still a fucking Antidepressant.
    Still take it once daily at night as it really does make me sleepy but groggy in the morning. Xanax is not available in the UK from the doc, only from my source hahahaha.

So to be fair i have not given these drugs time for anxiety as i can not get it out my head that they are AD.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Alprazolam (Xanax) here. I do my best to use it PRN, though. It's mainly reserved for the wife's family events or when the urge to tear the world a new a-hole gets really bad.

Like Clarky, I was prescribed an SSRI, amitriptyline (Elavil), but it was for massive cluster headaches and it does help with sleep as well. It is used by some people for anxiety. Again, I use it PRN.

Since the wife and I both have several maintenance meds, I keep an apocalypse stash of extra medication. Occasionally, I've found a low dose of a beta blocker works sufficient without having to take the Xanax, etc. I've dealt with heart problems long enough that I know how my body will react.

Just want to add that I don't see a thing wrong with the use of anti-anxiety meds as long as they aren't abused.

Sorry for the slow response. I thought I had posted up earlier, but it might not have gone through. Cell signal is random as fvck today.
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-10-2019 at 04:00 PM.
    clarky. and GearHeaded like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Crap, I didn't finish answering the question; blame it on the SC humidity, it really zaps you

I get scripts for all my meds from my primary care Dr. and then get extra emergency stash meds from outside the States. Also, be very wary of bootleg Xanax.
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-10-2019 at 04:01 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Prozac for many years here. Has taken a lot anxiety & depression away, but not all of it.

No sides, MD prescribed.
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Well GH, i don't know much about these meds but i have been tried on a couple.

Ok, without going into this to much i have suffered this anxiety for around four years.

It's weird, am not scared in anyway i just feel awkward with a crowd of people . It sounds silly i know, example, when with the Mrs family at a party or BBQ or any get together for that matter i tend to peel away from them and sit who i am comfortable with.

See even training, i prefer on my own. I don't think this is anxiety to be fair i just can't be fucked with the small talk lol.

So as for meds i have only tried two, i will explain why at the end.

Ok, 1st was citalopram, (SSRI) i was constantly feeling sick and worried about things in life, i could not switch off at night. No matter how hard i tried, work, my daughters, ect , I just could not think right, i was happy, i explained this to the doc, i had no dept worries no relationship worries nothing to be sad about. Well apart from my father who passed four years ago.

Sorry rambling here, so the doc said definitely anxiety, so citalopram was given. Took it for a few wks then for some reason i did some reading on it, first thing that is was made for was depression. Fuck off i said stopped it, i am not a cunt or depressed, went back to the the doc and explained i stopped as i am not depressed.
    She explained there is more use to the drug than that, fair play so i gave it a go again for a few more wks and stopped because i just did not want to take a Antidepressant.

So, fast forward a few years i still felt the same so went back a few wks ago, she gave me Nortripyline, got home read up, not a SSRI but still a fucking Antidepressant.
    Still take it once daily at night as it really does make me sleepy but groggy in the morning. Xanax is not available in the UK from the doc, only from my source hahahaha.

So to be fair i have not given these drugs time for anxiety as i can not get it out my head that they are AD.
    Clarky, I absolutely can't handle crowds of more than 4-6 good friends. Parties & family get togethers are too traumatic & are avoided.
    almostgone, Obs and clarky. like this.

^^^^ Fvck crowds.
    If I'm there for a reason, I'm ok as long as I get in, get it done, and get the fvck out. Other than that I'll be with the dogs or standing in the corner watching the exits
    Proximal and clarky. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    As I've gotten older I've developed some pretty bad anxiety.. there are some days I can't even function and can't leave my house and end up canceling sessions with clients

what anxiety meds have any of you guys used or know anything about that works well with little side effects..do you just go to any basic doctor to get prescribed? or perhaps they can be picked up at a foreign pharmacy like I pick up other meds.. any information provided is appreciated
    It didn't hit me on a heavy level until I was older, GH. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I needed meds but never got any.

I used self psychology that has nearly caused me to go to prison a few times but it worked.

Social isolation is a no no. When you really cant bear going outside go to town and be around a large group.

You will wind up ignoring your wife too and entire family if you close off.

I would go for xanax if that what it takes to level you out to get out of the house.

I have days like this too but I have brainwashed myself into charging at a problem. So if I feel an anxiety or insecurity I run at it. Occasionally it turns into confronting some asshole that looks at me in a manner I dont approve of.

Already wound up with anxiety you invent complicated situations in public if its bad enough.

Some ass corn mouthed something in his rearview mirror driving 15 in a 25 the other day. Probably just talking to his passenger about the pissed off guy scraping his bumper. Too bad I was wound so I drove around him and got out in the road.

He said basically "I shoochoo!"

He sped off though with me calling him a PLB.

Yeah... Xanax.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    It didn't hit me on a heavy level until I was older, GH. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?
    This is bad news...
    You already had heart probs.
    I had this bad for most of my life.
    No wonder my bp goes through the roof

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Clarky, I absolutely can't handle crowds of more than 4-6 good friends. Parties & family get togethers are too traumatic & are avoided.
    Thats not anxiety... Thats cuz people are a PITA!

Lol

Sometimes I have to go to things and I don't like it. I put on my business face and kiss hands and shake babies.
    almostgone, Proximal and clarky. like this.

I'm not that old , 42 . but I've lived a lot of life

- watched my mom die of drug abuse when I was in my early 20s
    - was the medical power of attorney for my best friend and had to be the one to pull the plug on him when his surgery went bad and I had to sit there and watch him slowly die in front of me gasping for air cause I pulled the plug
    - became a self made millionaire at 33 years old and had everything a successful guy would ever want (5 houses, 100s thousands $ in cars, lived in a 7k sq ft luxury home on 2 acres on the golf course, etc..).. then lost it all due to bad circumstances and mainly bad health . had a run of major injuries and surgeries and being bed ridden and wheel chair bound
    - took a risk and sold everything I had . lost all my houses and investments and million dollar contracting company and started my own gym and training business (I now live in a rental house and don't have a penny of savings or investments.. but I have a bad ass gym)
    - I delivered my youngest child myself at home cause the mid wife never showed up ,, lol yes that was a tramatic experience
    - gotten arrested and convicted of a crime I never commited and have been paying a shit ton for it ever since
    - home schooled my kids , I have 4 (my oldest is 19 years old). yet I have 2 social service cases against me for possible child abuse when I've never once even spanked my kids ever
    - went to seminary in the early part of my life and trained to become a pastor and have done 100+ bible study and Sunday school services, preached sermons, conducted funeral services, etc.. and been a head admin at a Christian think tank web site, and wrote 100s of articles and short books
    - contrary to the above lifestyle .. later on in life I ended up being in the "swinger" lifestyle with my hot ass wife and have had more threesomes then I can count
    - I've been addicted to pain pills and alcohol due to pain and suffering from major injuries and surgeries (think I've had about 10 surgeries) ... but at the same time I've been a sponsored athlete and one of the best in my state (years ago)
    - I've been a seminary attending preacher, to a coke snorting swinger
    - I grew up fairly poor or low blue collar .. but bought my own first house at 21 years old. and I've never worked for anyone else other then myself since I was 22

I could go on , lol . theres a lot of good and bad there. theres a lot of shit going on there for a guy thats only 42 . its a lot of life thats been lived..

no wonder I have anxiety. my life has been a whirl wind crazy ass ride
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 08-10-2019 at 09:21 PM.
    Obs, balance, clarky. and 4 others like this.

SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member

- was the medical power of attorney for my best friend and had to be the one to pull the plug on him when his surgery went bad and I had to sit there and watch him slowly die in front of me gasping for air cause I pulled the plug
    - became a self made millionaire at 33 years old and had everything a successful guy would ever want (5 houses, 100s thousands $ in cars, lived in a 7k sq ft luxury home on 2 acres on the golf course, etc..).. then lost it all due to bad circumstances and mainly bad health . had a run of major injuries and surgeries and being bed ridden and wheel chair bound
    - took a risk and sold everything I had . lost all my houses and investments and million dollar contracting company and started my own gym and training business (I now live in a rental house and don't have a penny of savings or investments.. but I have a bad ass gym)
    - I delivered my youngest child myself at home cause the mid wife never showed up ,, lol yes that was a tramatic experience
    - gotten arrested and convicted of a crime I never commited and have been paying a shit ton for it ever since
    - home schooled my kids , I have 4 (my oldest is 19 years old). yet I have 2 social service cases against me for possible child abuse when I've never once even spanked my kids ever
    - went to seminary in the early part of my life and trained to become a pastor and have done 100+ bible study and Sunday school services, preached sermons, conducted funeral services, etc.. and been a head admin at a Christian think tank web site, and wrote 100s of articles and short books
    - contrary to the above lifestyle .. later on in life I ended up being in the "swinger" lifestyle with my hot ass wife and have had more threesomes then I can count
    - I've been addicted to pain pills and alcohol due to pain and suffering from major injuries and surgeries (think I've had about 10 surgeries) ... but at the same time I've been a sponsored athlete and one of the best in my state (years ago)
    - I grew up fairly poor or low blue collar .. but bought my own first house at 21 years old. and I've never worked for anyone else other then myself since I was 22

I could go on , lol . theres a lot of good and bad there. theres a lot of shit going on there for a guy thats only 42 . its a lot of life thats been lived..

before posting, for what It's worth I have been admitted to hospital with this stuff at 17, I now work in mental health/psychiatry functioning without any issues treating people like me and you; so I can totally empathize with your experiences and it is possible to overcome this.

If you have had issues with alcohol and painkillers, I would stay away from any benzodiazepines such as Xanax, diazepam, lorazepam etc as they can very easily become habit forming and you will also get rebound anxiety even if you slightly overuse them. These are a last resort and short term only

I guess the problem firstly in helping is..... what is anxiety to you? It's a very broad umbrella term and depending on how it manifests would determine the treatment. An example would be, if it is mainly physical like sweating, tachycardia and tremor or shaking I'd suggest something like a beta blocker to combat the excess adrenaline you have floating around.

If it is mental constanting worrying.... an ssri or SNRI may benefit you, in extreme cases low doses of anti psychotics can be extremely effective.

If part of it is bordering on panic, not anxiety which I imagine it maybe if it is depriving you of your ability to function on some days I would recommend diaphragmatic breathing.

If it was social anxiety, it would be graded exposure and grounding etc.

If you didn't want to jump straight into pharmaceuticals, you could benefit from L-theanine, taurine, magnesium at night... the list goes on.

I answered the post initially with medication recommendations, but they all have a trade off. Beta blockers adjust how your heart beats.... which long term is not a good thing. Anti depressants CAN but not always riddle you with side effects or health trade off's long term. Antipsychotics without question shorten life expectancy and Xanax to some people with anxiety can become like crack to an addict.

If you can avoid the meds, I would. There is a wealth of evidence that shows that intense cardiovascular exercise and meditation increase stress tolerance and also change the physical composition of the areas of the brain that contribute to anxiety through neuroplasticity. So you do have options, but again it depends on what anxiety is to you... it is different for us all.

But the most important thing and this is not a criticism, is to not over medicalize this. Take a physical health problem such as MS that is organic in nature.... that needs treating medically. Then look at your anxiety... look at the stuff you have been through man, it is the product of your experiences.... these experiences need to be worked through with therapy. Yeah I know.... who has time for that right? but until you work through them you can take any meds you want but they aren't fixing anything, just masking the symptoms and providing relief whilst taking them. When you stop, back it will come. I have no doubt some days you are suffering as bad as someone with MS, but a prescription alone isn't going to fix this. If you really need meds, I'm happy to talk about this further with you.... but I would be still only be advocating meds and therapy.... with the aim of removing the meds once stabilized.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by SocioMachiavelli View Post
    before posting, for what It's worth I have been admitted to hospital with this stuff at 17, I now work in mental health/psychiatry functioning without any issues treating people like me and you; so I can totally empathize with your experiences and it is possible to overcome this.

If you have had issues with alcohol and painkillers, I would stay away from any benzodiazepines such as Xanax, diazepam, lorazepam etc as they can very easily become habit forming and you will also get rebound anxiety even if you slightly overuse them. These are a last resort and short term only

I guess the problem firstly in helping is..... what is anxiety to you? It's a very broad umbrella term and depending on how it manifests would determine the treatment. An example would be, if it is mainly physical like sweating, tachycardia and tremor or shaking I'd suggest something like a beta blocker to combat the excess adrenaline you have floating around.

If it is mental constanting worrying.... an ssri or SNRI may benefit you, in extreme cases low doses of anti psychotics can be extremely effective.

If part of it is bordering on panic, not anxiety which I imagine it maybe if it is depriving you of your ability to function on some days I would recommend diaphragmatic breathing.

If it was social anxiety, it would be graded exposure and grounding etc.

If you didn't want to jump straight into pharmaceuticals, you could benefit from L-theanine, taurine, magnesium at night... the list goes on.

I answered the post initially with medication recommendations, but they all have a trade off. Beta blockers adjust how your heart beats.... which long term is not a good thing. Anti depressants CAN but not always riddle you with side effects or health trade off's long term. Antipsychotics without question shorten life expectancy and Xanax to some people with anxiety can become like crack to an addict.

If you can avoid the meds, I would. There is a wealth of evidence that shows that intense cardiovascular exercise and meditation increase stress tolerance and also change the physical composition of the areas of the brain that contribute to anxiety through neuroplasticity. So you do have options, but again it depends on what anxiety is to you... it is different for us all.

But the most important thing and this is not a criticism, is to not over medicalize this. Take a physical health problem such as MS that is organic in nature.... that needs treating medically. Then look at your anxiety... look at the stuff you have been through man, it is the product of your experiences.... these experiences need to be worked through with therapy. Yeah I know.... who has time for that right? but until you work through them you can take any meds you want but they aren't fixing anything, just masking the symptoms and providing relief whilst taking them. When you stop, back it will come. I have no doubt some days you are suffering as bad as someone with MS, but a prescription alone isn't going to fix this. If you really need meds, I'm happy to talk about this further with you.... but I would be still only be advocating meds and therapy.... with the aim of removing the meds once stabilized.
    ^^^ He got my vote.
    All that stuffs.

^^^^ Fvck crowds.
    If I'm there for a reason, I'm ok as long as I get in, get it done, and get the fvck out. Other than that I'll be with the dogs or standing in the corner watching the exits
    Hahaha Snap. Show me water and i'll bring a Rod = one happy Clarky. .
    almostgone and Proximal like this.

nightmareocyk is offline New Member
    Ive battled depression and anxiety my whole life. Still working on it really, mostly for the depression. The anxiety is more or less gone the last few years. Sure it flares up a little with stressful situations, but that’s natural. It was crippling at times, 18-30. The things that helped most for me were honestly exposure to uncomfortable circumstances, and cognitive behavioral therapy. Trying to get that prefrontal cortex working more than the primal parts of the brain anxiety live in.

Ive tried a bunch of meds, and still take welbutrin daily. But the CBT and exposure therapy helped the most. Fronted a few bands in my late 20’s and it really made me face it and come out stronger than ever. Im honestly going to want my kids to do theatre and stuff for this reason lol. For most people its good to just start small and try to be more social. It can be so easy to withdraw from everyone around us, physically and emotionally. Which feels better short term, but damn it wrecks the long term.

I guess you didnt really say if yours was socially related, or sorry if i missed it. You could use some sort of benzo when its really bad, but in the long term you will need learn to retrain your thoughts, and focus on the present when one gets in the feedback loop of internal anxiety. Try meditation, it helps allot of people as well.

This really is an area where a psych professionals can help allot. I hope you find the help that you seek.

nightmareocyk is offline New Member
    Def on this! I almost edited mine after missing this somehow...

ok so to answer the question as to what type of anxiety I have or get

- feeling of overwhelming sense of doom.. feeling of being uncomfortable existing on a giant ball of dirt spinning thousands of miles per hour suspended by nothingness in outer space
    - feeling of being crushed and squeezed and constricted by merely existing on this planet and having to breath its filthy air.. which then leads to the inability to breath and panic attacks
    - social anxiety , yes. can't be in crowds at all
    - claustrophobia . don't like elevators, don't like being stuck on a crowded highway stuck in a car, and surely not ever going to fly in an air plane
    - can't sleep due to the fact my brain will never shut off
    - bad bad panic attacks. if I have one of these bad anxiety and panic attacks its often times bad enough that I'll hit shots of whisky even if its 7am just to calm my nerves

I do take beta blockers which has helped some at least with the crazy racing heart beat I used to get along side the anxiety

now on the other side of things.. take away the anxiety for a bit and I'm an extremely focused, level headed, dedicated, determined, confident, bad ass, smart and successful individual, that most people that know me in person would never think I'm a type of person that would ever struggle with this.

someone mentioned to me privately about adult ADHD , and my brain never shutting off. being a go getter entrepreneur for the last 20 years and having that mind set that maybe there is some ADHD going on and something like Aderol could help me out
    Proximal likes this.

Windex is offline Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    200-250mg L-Theanine
    200-400mg Magnesium Glycinate or Citrate
    50-75mg CBD

Every 3-4 hours or as needed.
    GearHeaded likes this.
    I no longer check my inbox. If you PM me I will not reply.

Ffs GH, you have been a busy Man.
    GearHeaded likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Ffs GH, you have been a busy Man.
    lol , no kidding man . and I could keep going with even more stories.
    - I used to build drag race motorcycles and race.. I did all the work myself. I had a big diesel truck , a big enclosed trailer, and about 10 different bikes
    - I've been in two motorcycle accidents , both landed me in the hospital . last one the docs said I should be dead or paralyzed from the neck down.. I had actually broke my neck in the accident. but they found the break was in the exact perfect one spot that I didn't paralyze myself , I was still F'd up for a bit, but not dead or paralyzed (I've had dreams and nightmares of being stuck in a wheel chair for years)
    - I worked in the Rocky Mountains at the best ski resorts in the world at 14k ft of elevation and was just a snowboarding bum for a year of my life.. I also hit a giant jump on my snowboard attempting a back flip and never made it fully over and landed on my head , going into shock and convulsions upon landing and was sent down the slopes in a body bag by a snow mobile and ambulunced to the hospital . severe head and neck trama (didn't kill me)

this list just could keep going on . its probably good that I've slowed down in life and just run my gym, train clients and coach, and don't do much else
    Proximal likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I’ve suffered with anxiety more and more as I age. Recently I had a very overwhelming bout when my life went to shit in 2018. I was trying to manage with exercise but I was honestly to depressed to really work out. I tried to force myself but I just wanted to lay in bed and sleep the pain off.

I decide that wasn’t healthy and sought help. I’ve had experience with meds before so I did a month long literature binge to see what the most effective with the least amount of sides. I had tried Xanax in the past and did not do well at all with it. Horrible memory and motor problems so that was not an option. I settled on Buspar and Valium, as both had some efficacy and for Valium the side effects are well understood from nearly 60 years of use in the market. I did well with that for about 2 months and slowely started feeling better so I tapered off of them both. I also tried lexipro which had helped in the past but could not finish in bed so that had to go.

Fast forward a couple months and I had another bad bought of anxiety hit me like a train. I went to a new provider than before and apparently didn’t like the meds I had used before so she decided to switch me to 3 new meds I’d never used before. One of them was Clozapam, which fucked my world up and nearly got me divorced. So I went off that and basically suffered for 4-6 months because getting divorced would have been much worse.

Luckily my drive to workout came back and of course time helped heal my wounds. Now I’m doing EXTREMELY intense workouts 3-5 times a week. That helps and I’ve started running to help melt some of the chest pain that comes up when my anxiety is bad.
    GearHeaded, Proximal, Obs and 1 others like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

lol , no kidding man . and I could keep going with even more stories.
    - I used to build drag race motorcycles and race.. I did all the work myself. I had a big diesel truck , a big enclosed trailer, and about 10 different bikes
    - I've been in two motorcycle accidents , both landed me in the hospital . last one the docs said I should be dead or paralyzed from the neck down.. I had actually broke my neck in the accident. but they found the break was in the exact perfect one spot that I didn't paralyze myself , I was still F'd up for a bit, but not dead or paralyzed (I've had dreams and nightmares of being stuck in a wheel chair for years)
    - I worked in the Rocky Mountains at the best ski resorts in the world at 14k ft of elevation and was just a snowboarding bum for a year of my life.. I also hit a giant jump on my snowboard attempting a back flip and never made it fully over and landed on my head , going into shock and convulsions upon landing and was sent down the slopes in a body bag by a snow mobile and ambulunced to the hospital . severe head and neck trama (didn't kill me)

this list just could keep going on . its probably good that I've slowed down in life and just run my gym, train clients and coach, and don't do much else
    Not impressed. You never worked at McDonalds or bagged groceries . . . . Come on man
    Obs, GearHeaded and XnavyHMCS like this.

Obs
    GH...

Do you ever get drunk and have an anxiety flare up for a few days after that is unbearable?

I have defeated my anxiety for the most part with the exception of that.

At some point in your life the world sat on your shoulders and you not only coped but enjoyed and thrived in the fact that it did.
    GearHeaded likes this.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Alprazium - All Natural Stress Relief Anti-Anxiety Supplement for Promoting Better Mood Relaxation Calming fast Acting Formula to Reduce Stress Anxiety Panic Attacks (30 tablets) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LWD6E2A..._0qsuDbPF07Y03

Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    Alprazium - All Natural Stress Relief Anti-Anxiety Supplement for Promoting Better Mood Relaxation Calming fast Acting Formula to Reduce Stress Anxiety Panic Attacks (30 tablets) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LWD6E2A..._0qsuDbPF07Y03
    So in here we have L-theanine mentioned above, tryptophan which is abundant in turkey and can help sleep. Melatonin for sleep. 5htp which is indicated in depression

Valerian root which is another supplement associated with reduced anxiety.

Cougars, out of interest does this not make you feel sedated?

So in here we have L-theanine mentioned above, tryptophan which is abundant in turkey and can help sleep. Melatonin for sleep. 5htp which is indicated in depression

Valerian root which is another supplement associated with reduced anxiety.

Cougars, out of interest does this not make you feel sedated?
    It can slightly, but not nearly so much as xanax or even benadryl. I'd say that's a more welcome feeling that anxiety though.

ok so to answer the question as to what type of anxiety I have or get

- feeling of overwhelming sense of doom.. feeling of being uncomfortable existing on a giant ball of dirt spinning thousands of miles per hour suspended by nothingness in outer space
    - feeling of being crushed and squeezed and constricted by merely existing on this planet and having to breath its filthy air.. which then leads to the inability to breath and panic attacks
    - social anxiety , yes. can't be in crowds at all
    - claustrophobia . don't like elevators, don't like being stuck on a crowded highway stuck in a car, and surely not ever going to fly in an air plane
    - can't sleep due to the fact my brain will never shut off
    - bad bad panic attacks. if I have one of these bad anxiety and panic attacks its often times bad enough that I'll hit shots of whisky even if its 7am just to calm my nerves

I do take beta blockers which has helped some at least with the crazy racing heart beat I used to get along side the anxiety

now on the other side of things.. take away the anxiety for a bit and I'm an extremely focused, level headed, dedicated, determined, confident, bad ass, smart and successful individual, that most people that know me in person would never think I'm a type of person that would ever struggle with this.

someone mentioned to me privately about adult ADHD , and my brain never shutting off. being a go getter entrepreneur for the last 20 years and having that mind set that maybe there is some ADHD going on and something like Aderol could help me out

I'm not a fan of diagnostic labels at all, but we can certainly rule in panic. Definitely an anxiety component from the trauma and a bunch of other things we can get to later. First thing is to get the panic under control and you can begin to do this without any drugs. If the explanation comes across as patronizing or you already know any of this I apologize in advanced. it will be a shortened and concise

Your breathing is regulated by your autonomic nervous system (ANS), when you consciously or unconsciously encounter a trigger your sympathetic nervous system will trigger the anxiety response ( I know some argue there isn't a trigger for their panic, I'm a firm believer in cause and effect). The trigger could even be feeling anxious for a period of time that very very slightly alters your breathing, whilst the change is slight if it continues for long enough the effect will accumulate enough to cause panic. Once the sympathetic nervous system is triggered.... your heart rate will increase (possibly tachycardic), your respiration rate will increase, stomach will shrink etc etc. Now a lot, but not everyone will hyperventilate to a noticeable degree, those that don't their breathing will still be altered.

So we can either 1) Do nothing and let it run it's course.... this can be extremely uncomfortable....but accepting that it is happening can help. What I mean by this is that a panic attack will not kill you, a cardiac event will. But when we are panicking we may believe that it will or that we are indeed having a heart attack. So we can check for cyanosis of the face or lips, pain in the arms etc etc... if we are all clear there we are panicking. Despite how uncomfortable it feels it is not going to kill us or cause anything bad to happen. Realizing this can help halt the perpetual cycle of our cognitions actively increasing the level of panic. Often we will feel panic coming.... think oh fuck.... then it gets much worse. So actually the way we look at it, can be worse than the problem at hand.

Or 2) The bit that I have highlighted above, that's where you can cut it off. You do this by overriding your autonomic breathing and doing it manually. I'll try to explain it here but you will probably find it easier to search for it on youtube for a demonstration it's called diaphragmatic breathing. This involves breathing in through your nose for 3-4 seconds, when doing this though.... don't be like a self conscious chick and bring your stomach in...... When we breathe in properly... the stomach goes out..... which expands the diaphragm... allows the lungs to have more volume. So if you were to interlock your fingers, placing them on your stomach... they should start coming apart when breathing in. Then, when we exhale the stomach pulls back in... try to get the exhale 1-2 seconds longer than the inhale..... and keep repeating. Some people do this with one hand on their chest and one on their stomach.

So when the adrenaline is trying to increase everything in speed. Heart rate, respiration rate etc we are bringing it back down and stopping it from increasing... which is halting the panic and it will subside. The other important thing, our breathing is dependent on a balance between oxygen (O) and Carbon Dioxide (CO2).... when we panic we often begin to hyperventilate.... gasping for breath..... pulling in more oxygen and disrupting this balance... This is where the use of a brown paper bag ( the color doesn't matter, despite a patient insisting to me that it does ) comes from. By breathing into the bag... we are not only breathing more slowly but also sucking the carbon dioxide back in and re correcting this imbalance. But it takes repetition. Also don't just take my word for it.... you can either use google or I can send you a barrage of academic papers, including some seminal ones on the nature and treatment of panic.

Sometimes I experience an attempted panic attack, but like learning the gears in a manual car... when it comes I cut it straight off. I don't even really have to think about it, my breathing just changes and it subsides. I used to practice by inducing a panic attack whilst my nurse was here and then controlling it, then he would do the same. If you hyperventilate intentionally it will on most occasions it will induce panic. Reflecting on this now, it was probably unethical on his part but I trusted him and it actually helped.

Also for what it's worth, I don't believe that you have ADHD. You have anxiety which can mimic the symptoms and no doubt slightly obsessive when it comes to business endeavors. Adderall is amphetamine in a capsule, your brain will not respond to it like somebody with ADHD would.

Before jumping to pharmaceuticals, try L-theanine, and taurine throughout the day (introduce one at a time to monitor response). Magnesium 400-500mg and zinc 22mg at night if you struggle with sleep; but be mindful the magnesium may cause vivid dreams.... this could be good or bad.

But yeah, start with the panic.
    GearHeaded likes this.

It can slightly, but not nearly so much as xanax or even benadryl. I'd say that's a more welcome feeling that anxiety though.
    Yeah I imagine the combined effect of all would reduce my productivity, but one mans cure is another mans poison I like how they called it alprazium..... similiar to alprazolam (Xanax).... probably a good marketing strategy to be honest.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    this is a great thread, keep sharing guys.

I also am 42 and holy shit I am struggling hard of late with anxiety. Actually scaring me and i do not scare.

really helps reading this shit.

And Socio is the man, knows his shit about this. he is much older here then his name and date.
    Chrisp83TRT and GearHeaded like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    this is a great thread, keep sharing guys.

I also am 42 and holy shit I am struggling hard of late with anxiety. Actually scaring me and i do not scare.

really helps reading this shit.

And Socio is the man, knows his shit about this. he is much older here then his name and date.
    I'm always just a text away brother if you need somebody to lean on.

I sometimes forget that some of you had the distinct misfortune of knowing me just after I turned 18 , that was a long time ago....

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Not impressed. You never worked at McDonalds or bagged groceries . . . . Come on man
    lol . well actually when I was in high school I got a job at a small grocery store (b&f foods in Nederland Co , 9300ft elevation btw) and I bagged groceries and stocked shelves, then I got a job at a Burger King that was located within a casino (Blackhawk co).. so I've done both.
    my last job while in high school was working at a casino called Lady Luck , and they had a Jester as their mascot . I got hired to dress up as their jester and walk around in that silly costume and entertain and greet people coming in to gamble.

so yeah brother , I've done it all . but I'm not a doctor and never performed surgery. though I have delivered babies
    Proximal likes this.

Windex is offline Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    My bedtime concoction (Kitchen sink edition) stronger than any prescription drug and I'm sleeping like a baby on 1200mg of Tren . Xanax is flinstone vitamin by comparison.

60mg CBD + 3mg THC
    5mg Time Release Melatonin
    Natural Calm (contains Magnesium, 5HTP, GABA, Melatonin, and L-Theaning)

^dissolved in Sleep Tea containing
    - Valerian Root
    - Passionflower
    - Skullcap
    - Chamomile
    i_SLAM_cougars likes this.
    I no longer check my inbox. If you PM me I will not reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Windex View Post
    My bedtime concoction (Kitchen sink edition) stronger than any prescription drug and I'm sleeping like a baby on 1200mg of Tren . Xanax is flinstone vitamin by comparison.

60mg CBD + 3mg THC
    5mg Time Release Melatonin
    Natural Calm (contains Magnesium, 5HTP, GABA, Melatonin, and L-Theaning)

^dissolved in Sleep Tea containing
    - Valerian Root
    - Passionflower
    - Skullcap
    - Chamomile
    I am amazed you wake up in the morning

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    ya'll going to think this is crazy.. but Aderal does it for me.. now it does not calm anxiety.. what it does is allow me to notice when i start to become anxious, and i can take steps to remove myself.. hydroxyzine taken as needed, acts quick and only as needed..
    Obs likes this.
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    ya'll going to think this is crazy.. but Aderal does it for me.. now it does not calm anxiety.. what it does is allow me to notice when i start to become anxious, and i can take steps to remove myself.. hydroxyzine taken as needed, acts quick and only as needed..
    I think that fits me pretty good.
    I basically became dependant on ephedrine.

I would wake up with a worry wart mentality and force myself to get in my truck then eat my bronkaid and red bull.

An hour later I would be fearless and focused.

Its damn easy to abuse though

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    Make sure you get an ECG every six months, there is a growing body of evidence linking hydroxyzine to the prolongation of the hearts QT interval.
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I think that fits me pretty good.
    I basically became dependant on ephedrine.

I would wake up with a worry wart mentality and force myself to get in my truck then eat my bronkaid and red bull.

An hour later I would be fearless and focused.

Its damn easy to abuse though
    yeah it is. Love me some ephedrine. Redbull has since been replaced by Bang, of Reign.
    300mg of caffeine. No sugar.
    Obs likes this.

The God Himself is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Venlafaxine immensely helped me to overcome depression and anxiety. CBD does wonders too!
    But before you take another pill, be proud of yourself for doing so many things in your lifespan that many could not do. Life has been hard on you but you are here and helping us, making many lives better. You’ve been here for us when we needed, and now we are here for you. So, take a deep breath and believe that everything is gonna be just fine.
    I double people here, Xanax should be your last resort as you’ve had issues with alcohol and pain meds. You need to realize you are stronger than you think.
    Don’t hesitate to send me a message whenever you need someone to talk to.
    Things will be fine.
    Last edited by The God Himself; 08-13-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Obs
    yeah it is. Love me some ephedrine. Redbull has since been replaced by Bang, of Reign.
    300mg of caffeine. No sugar.
    I started using bang and Monnster.... Juice? The monster without sugar and carbonation.
    That gd rebull is addictive as hell and retarded expensive. Wish I never drank 4-6 cans a day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information