Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree14Likes
  • 3 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By Fluidic Kimbo
  • 2 Post By BG
  • 3 Post By BG
  • 1 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By Fluidic Kimbo
  • 1 Post By Cuz

Thread: Should you risk a second disabled child?

  1. #1
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,160

    Should you risk a second disabled child?

    For any given couple, the risk of having a disabled child is 2%.

    So even if you got Serena Williams and Michael Phelps together 15 years ago, you're still looking at only about 98% certainty of a healthy child.

    If a couple has already had a disabled child together then would you consider it child endangerment for them to deliberately have another natural child? Should this couple adopt their next child?

    Personally I do consider it to be child endangerment. I don't even think that they should get a surrogate mother unless they are are certain from DNA testing that the the condition came from the mother's genes. Even in these cases I would be a bit iffy about re-using sperm that contributed to a disabled child in the past.

    They should adopt.

  2. #2
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    No source checks
    Posts
    6,646
    You need help

  3. #3
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    You need help
    You mean like a publisher or agent?
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  4. #4
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    23,002
    Ive had thoughts like this but not about being disabled, but addiction wise and physiological. I believe God (Yahweh) stopped my fathers blood line. My brother past before my 18th birthday and my wife had to have a hysterectomy at 27, early in our relationship. But I was already afraid, my father has very bad alcohol issues left us when I was 9 , I love chemicals and my wifes family has mental problems. We didnt want kids anyways, but sometimes you get the urge for them, then I think back to all our family issues. I would really be worried what my kids would be like.

    Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.


    Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

    I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

    It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

    Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

    Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html


  5. #5
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,160
    I don't believe in behavioural genetics in humans -- even when it comes to addiction. I think that the role models we observe, and the emotional reactions we experience, in our first 10 years of life are a much greater determiner of how we'll turn out, than any personality traits that are passed on through DNA.

    I believe in behavioural genetics in dogs though -- e.g. poodle Vs pitbull -- but I still think you can make a poodle domineering.

    If you've already had one child who will never be able to take care of themselves when they grow up, then I think it's very selfish to go do that second time.

  6. #6
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    23,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    I don't believe in behavioural genetics in humans -- even when it comes to addiction. I think that the role models we observe, and the emotional reactions we experience, in our first 10 years of life are a much greater determiner of how we'll turn out, than any personality traits that are passed on through DNA.

    I believe in behavioural genetics in dogs though -- e.g. poodle Vs pitbull -- but I still think you can make a poodle domineering.

    If you've already had one child who will never be able to take care of themselves when they grow up, then I think it's very selfish to go do that second time.
    You may think that but apple doesnt usually fall far from the tree. All it would take is something to trigger it, the all those bad habits would come to play. Almost everyone I know has their parents bad habits, one way or another. May have had something to do with observations, but thats life, you grow up around them and end up being like them whether you like it or not.

    Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.


    Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

    I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

    It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

    Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

    Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html


  7. #7
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    No source checks
    Posts
    6,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    You mean like a publisher or agent?
    Thankfully since you don’t reproduce, you wouldn’t understand my comment. i am going to respectfully say you and I and everyone else should leave that decision up to the couple. Absolutely nobody should try and tell a man and a woman what to do about child bearing options whether it be natural artificial insemination or adoption. That is for them and them only to decide. One of the most absurd things ive ever heard.
    Mooseman33 likes this.

  8. #8
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Thankfully since you don’t reproduce, you wouldn’t understand my comment. i am going to respectfully say you and I and everyone else should leave that decision up to the couple. Absolutely nobody should try and tell a man and a woman what to do about child bearing options whether it be natural artificial insemination or adoption. That is for them and them only to decide. One of the most absurd things ive ever heard.
    I tend to agree, Cuz.
    Cuz likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  9. #9
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,160
    Cuz, if my wife and I have a healthy baby, but then I get a lump hammer and hit it softly in the head about 20 times per day for the first 3 weeks of its life to make it retarded, I reckon you'd be one of the first people to tell me that I'm a bad person and that what I did wasn't a moral thing to do.

    However if my wife and I have disastrous genetics with a high probability of mental retardation, and if we have a retarded child, then is this very different to the first scenario I describe in the above paragraph?

  10. #10
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    You may think that but apple doesnt usually fall far from the tree. All it would take is something to trigger it, the all those bad habits would come to play. Almost everyone I know has their parents bad habits, one way or another. May have had something to do with observations, but thats life, you grow up around them and end up being like them whether you like it or not.
    Abuse runs in families, independently of DNA-mandated personality traits.

  11. #11
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,160
    I mean one of these

    Should you risk a second disabled child?-lump-hammer.jpg

  12. #12
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    Cuz, if my wife and I have a healthy baby, but then I get a lump hammer and hit it softly in the head about 20 times per day for the first 3 weeks of its life to make it retarded, I reckon you'd be one of the first people to tell me that I'm a bad person and that what I did wasn't a moral thing to do.

    However if my wife and I have disastrous genetics with a high probability of mental retardation, and if we have a retarded child, then is this very different to the first scenario I describe in the above paragraph?
    The term for that is eugenics. It assumes you can predict the future through genetic manipulation. It tends to work in simpler species, but not so much in humans.

    It's very difficult to discern the factors that determine people's traits whether through environmental influences or genetic factors.

    We would give up a lot of individual freedom and place a lot of trust in a system that adheres to the practice.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  13. #13
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    The term for that is eugenics. It assumes you can predict the future through genetic manipulation. It tends to work in simpler species, but not so much in humans.

    It's very difficult to discern the factors that determine people's traits whether through environmental influences or genetic factors.

    We would give up a lot of individual freedom and place a lot of trust in a system that adheres to the practice.
    You make good points here.

    I think there are limits to any human's freedom in a society. Detriment and harm (both to one's self and to others) is permitted up until a point, and then the authorities step in.

    Having a child that has poor vision and who will need to wear spectacles isn't a big deal. But having a child that is 100% blind is really something that should be prevented if possible.

    I do think there comes a point when a pregnancy should not be allowed to happen, for example if the child will almost certainly be very disabled either physically or mentally or physiologically.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  14. #14
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    No source checks
    Posts
    6,646
    I know you want me to bite so bad you cant stand it kimbo, but not this time hehe

  15. #15
    Test Monsterone's Avatar
    Test Monsterone is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,254
    I knew a couple in their mid-40's who had two boys, 2 years apart, both with severe autism - non-verbal. They were a horror to be around. They needed attention non-stop because they would constantly be doing something they shouldn't be doing. On top of that, they would have screaming fits of rage; they would destroy everything, play with their shit, wake their parents up in the middle of the night, run away naked in their neighborhood, etc. The parents still loved their kids, however, and that's what counts at the end of the day. It's easy to say what I would do, but I'm not in their shoes. I'm sure they thought the second child would turn out ok, and it must have been a huge disappointment to find out the two are equally disabled.

    Nobody wants their children to have disabilities. Personally, if there was a reliable way to determine this sort of thing in the first trimester, I would opt for an abortion. I don't have any religious beliefs or fear of going to hell, so it's a practical matter for me, not a spiritual/religious one.

  16. #16
    XnavyHMCS is online now Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    You mean like a publisher or agent?
    LMFAO!!!!!

    Nearly drenched myself (not while watching porn, and drenching would be a gross exaggeration considering my age and the gear effects) reading that one...!!!

  17. #17
    XnavyHMCS is online now Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Thankfully since you don’t reproduce, you wouldn’t understand my comment. i am going to respectfully say you and I and everyone else should leave that decision up to the couple. Absolutely nobody should try and tell a man and a woman what to do about child bearing options whether it be natural artificial insemination or adoption. That is for them and them only to decide. One of the most absurd things ive ever heard.
    Come on Cuz...

    You been a member here for some time; of course you have heard more absurd things coming from the guys here...

  18. #18
    Gallowmere's Avatar
    Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Thankfully since you donít reproduce, you wouldnít understand my comment. i am going to respectfully say you and I and everyone else should leave that decision up to the couple. Absolutely nobody should try and tell a man and a woman what to do about child bearing options whether it be natural artificial insemination or adoption. That is for them and them only to decide. One of the most absurd things ive ever heard.
    I agree, up to a point. The issue is that, 9/10 times, a fully disabled child ends up being a societal burden that no one volunteered for, once the parents are gone. Itís a difficult line to draw, and not one that I would ever recommend be enforced by force (eugenics laws are bullshit), but I do have to acknowledge that intentionally poisoning the well of the species is pretty fucked up, especially when you can be pretty confident that such is exactly what youíre doing.

  19. #19
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,160
    If a couple has an autistic child then I definitely don't think that they should have a second natural child.

  20. #20
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    No source checks
    Posts
    6,646
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    Come on Cuz...

    You been a member here for some time; of course you have heard more absurd things coming from the guys here...
    Hang around a few more years bud, then you will see what im talkin about. Everything this guy spews is garbage, brings no knowledge or value to the forum whatsoever. Probably has 12” arms lol matter fact the last thing he posted that I remember even slightly relevant to a steroid forum was asking about “clen for a pot belly”...

    Come on X navy...
    Capebuffalo likes this.

  21. #21
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Probably has 12” arms lol matter fact the last thing he posted that I remember even slightly relevant to a steroid forum was asking about “clen for a pot belly”...
    Yeah but there's something you're not taking into account, Cuz.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •