View Poll Results: Please be honest. You may choose more than one answer. Answers are confidential!

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • I know someone that is gay.

32 50.79%
  • I am gay.

7 11.11%
  • I know someone that is bisexual.

19 30.16%
  • I am bisexual.

4 6.35%
  • I am an athlete or have been an athlete on an organized sports team.

30 47.62%
  • I DO NOT accept homosexuals

19 30.16%
  • I have thought about it, but too scared to say anything to anyone.

3 4.76%
  • I am always on the look-out to see if a guy is watching me while I am working out.

7 11.11%
  • I am too scared to shower due to the fact that someone may look at me.

1 1.59%
  • I am willing to support anyone that needs to talk about homosexuality.

22 34.92%
  • I dont hate people who have sex with the same gender but I still think what they do is very wrong

19 30.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach500
    If a black gets called Nigger, they should just live with it. [/B]
    actually, where I come from they do live with it since they call each other that...some what hypocritical i do believe

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    wow this thread was a great way to start off my day??? thanks i guess...

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I am going to make two comments on this thread. The first is that as a group we (meaning bodybuilders) should be more tolerant then most of lifestyle choices. I don't mean we have to agree with them only that being considered an oddity ourselves we should have some empathy. I know all of us have heard comments about how we are too big or why would we do that to our bodies or even the assumption that we are stupid because we are muscular. Everything from our diets to our dedication is questioned constantly and often mocked by those who feel jealous or insecure.

Having said that I will also say that if you start a thread based on sexuality then you open the door for opinions. Don't be upset when you get them. No one here is obligated to agree with or condone your lifestyle choices whatever they may be. They have every right to defend their beliefs as you do as long as they are respectful in the manner with which they express those opinions. I only consider something a flame if it is either mentioned completely off topic or is an obvious assault with no value to the discussion. At the end of the day you must be able to walk away knowing you may simply disagree with others and that is fine.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Yes.... I guess the real thing is this thread was started by people that were new here.... and we knew nothing about them.. thier cycles, experience.. nothing that would have been of interest to a body building and experiment making board..

except that they were gay...

That becomes the issue.. we don't care what sexual preferences you have..

If you never told anyone you were gay.........(don't hide it, i'm not saying to do that) ... but the subject would have never come up..

In all the post that i have done... no one has ever said to me.. "hey.. are you gay???"......

that's what makes this such an impossible.. issue...

I mean... is the only thing about you that is interesting is that you are gay??? I'm sure that there are more things about you that are of interest to the members of this board that you could share.. .rather than coming here and in your first threads, and comments are that you are gay....your sexual preference is not important here to anyone but you..

There... that's what i meant to say...

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    Can anyone at least acknowledge, that no matter your sexual preference, that all are treated equal here at AR? Even sharing differences in opinions, there is still a high degree of respect amongst AR members...NO?

So, even if I disagree with your sexual orientation, I don't disrespect you. If asked for my opinion on a matter, then yes I will share it. I can understand that this may not be the situation for some of you in real life, but please eveyrone realize the amount of respect you are able to maintain here at AR with the other members.

peace,

ttgb
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

LouMessina is offline New Member

I Can't Believe What I'm Reading!

It's unbelievable that I'm reading such strongly-worded replies of intolerance. This certainly is not representative of what I see deep in the industry at all. A lot of what I'm reading sounds more representative of a street-corner conversation in low socio-economic group.

If a straight guy cannot handle an advance from a gay guy in the same manner as he would handle an unwelcome advance from a female, then the straight guy has a problem.

If a straight guy says he has no problems with gays unless they hit on him, then he has problems with gays, otherwise he'd also handle it as an unwelcome advance from a female.

If you disagree with someone's orientation, then you do disrespect them. The mere fact that you have positioned yourself to disagree or disagree on someone else's life means you placed yourself in a position where you would not go with other groups (blacks, hispanics, jews, etc.) Can you imagine telling some other group that you disapprove of their culture, but you don't disrespect them? The statement would have no meaning because of its inconsistency.

Finally, a statement that someone should accept mistreatment because of his decisions, not only shows a complete lack of knowledge (no one selects their preference, if you know of any straight people who made such a decision, we should hear about it), but also the mentality that people should be subjected to mistreatment sounds frighteningly close to what generated lynchings & hangings of blacks, & what caused the incident in Laramie WY.

What I'm reading in this thread is not representative of the industry.

That's Just The Point!

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    Yes.... I guess the real thing is this thread was started by people that were new here.... and we knew nothing about them.. thier cycles, experience.. nothing that would have been of interest to a body building and experiment making board..

except that they were gay...

That becomes the issue.. we don't care what sexual preferences you have..

If you never told anyone you were gay.........(don't hide it, i'm not saying to do that) ... but the subject would have never come up..

In all the post that i have done... no one has ever said to me.. "hey.. are you gay???"......

that's what makes this such an impossible.. issue...

I mean... is the only thing about you that is interesting is that you are gay??? I'm sure that there are more things about you that are of interest to the members of this board that you could share.. .rather than coming here and in your first threads, and comments are that you are gay....your sexual preference is not important here to anyone but you..

There... that's what i meant to say...
    The only thing you walked away with, was that he was gay. That was not the purpose of his post. His post was about acceptance in bodybuilding.

If Jackie Robinson went to a baseball forum & posted a question about his acceptance in baseball, would you respond that it was an inappropriate topic for a baseball forum?

You not only disapproved of the topic of acceptance being brought up, you didn't even like the element of homosexuality coming in front of you!

peregrine is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LouMessina
    It's unbelievable that I'm reading such strongly-worded replies of intolerance. This certainly is not representative of what I see deep in the industry at all. A lot of what I'm reading sounds more representative of a street-corner conversation in low socio-economic group.

If a straight guy cannot handle an advance from a gay guy in the same manner as he would handle an unwelcome advance from a female, then the straight guy has a problem.

If a straight guy says he has no problems with gays unless they hit on him, then he has problems with gays, otherwise he'd also handle it as an unwelcome advance from a female.
    i cant believe your even TRYING to compare a gay guy hitting on me to a woman hitting on me. once again thats apples to oranges. also what represents "low socio-economic" to you? what the f*ck does that have to do with anything thats being said here? i know millionaires that speak like this. i also know gutter trash that do the same. do i judge them for their "socio-economic" status? no sir i do not. you know why? because it doesnt matter where your from economically or socially in america, you can say whatever the hell you want (within reason) due to something called the bill of rights. this thread has gotten seriously stupid in the last couple of pages. the f*gs are gonna back their own and the straighties are gonna do the same. me, ill be sitting back laughing at you all and your melodrama. peace.

But..you are right..............that is all i got from it.............so his purpose has to be motivated an attempt to promote his sexual orientation.. not his real reason for the thread....

All i got from it was his sexual orientation...............

The only thing you walked away with, was that he was gay. That was not the purpose of his post. His post was about acceptance in bodybuilding.

If Jackie Robinson went to a baseball forum & posted a question about his acceptance in baseball, would you respond that it was an inappropriate topic for a baseball forum?

You not only disapproved of the topic of acceptance being brought up, you didn't even like the element of homosexuality coming in front of you!

Rules

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

SPYWIZARD: All i got from it was his sexual orientation

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    But..you are right..............that is all i got from it.............so his purpose has to be motivated an attempt to promote his sexual orientation.. not his real reason for the thread....All i got from it was his sexual orientation...............
    Does this sound like he was promoting his sexual orientation, or someone looking to address a problem?

Anyway, getting to my point...Having an attraction to guys and being an athlete is probably one of the most difficult things to deal with in your life. I am a premed student with a 4.0 gpa, but lately the stress of having to hide things from my best friends (my teammates) and my family have really caused my academics to slip a little.

I can only hope that you never have any problems and your recourse is limited to this forum!

Mach500 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peregrine
    i cant believe your even TRYING to compare a gay guy hitting on me to a woman hitting on me. once again thats apples to oranges. also what represents "low socio-economic" to you? what the f*ck does that have to do with anything thats being said here? i know millionaires that speak like this. i also know gutter trash that do the same. do i judge them for their "socio-economic" status? no sir i do not. you know why? because it doesnt matter where your from economically or socially in america, you can say whatever the hell you want (within reason) due to something called the bill of rights. this thread has gotten seriously stupid in the last couple of pages. the f*gs are gonna back their own and the straighties are gonna do the same. me, ill be sitting back laughing at you all and your melodrama. peace.
    First of all, I can't believe people aren't seeing this blatant 'in your face' hate, and intolerance.
    this thread has gotten seriously stupid in the last couple of pages. the f*gs are gonna back their own

But, I don't want to keep getting so pissed off about this. A lot of you guys have really been quite supportive. I know I have gone off a lot, but I am noticing how cool a lot of you guys really are. I do respect that, all things considered, you guys could be saying a lot worse stuff. You really could be. I've had physical threats and death threats before. So, I do see it. And Thank you!!!

I am here to talk about lifting, and getting larger. I would be an idiot to let this topic get in the way of that. I just want to let you know, I do realize that. I'm sure a lot of you guys would like to assume I'm a 'moron.' But I'm not. I am reading your points. If you guys don't grasp what I'm saying, well there isn't much I can do about that. But look at it from my point of view. I just want to live my life, and be happy. I don't know if you can relate, with getting occasional physical violence threats and even death threats, just from someone finding out I'm gay. I'm a person too guys. I eat, drink, bleed, get pissed off sometimes, and am doing my best to 'live.'
    I love lifting. The screen name may say I'm a newbie, but part of the reason is, I recently changed my screen name, I just wanted something different.

This is an awesome board, all things considered.

-J

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach500

This is an awesome board, all things considered.

-J
    Ya, on technical stuff, it's pretty good. Enlightenment on social issues has yet to occurr.
    Too bad there isn't an area on the board for gays and lesbians, like the area set aside for the women. Oh well . .
    Hang in there . . .
    --Tock

BDTR is offline Retired
    Why would there be an area for gays and lesbians? Do us straight guys get a segragated section as well? The woman section is to discuss different aspects of female training, diet and steriod use which is much different than a man. Do gays train, eat and use steriods differently? If you want to go to a gay site try gay.com where you can talk about strictly gay issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Ya, on technical stuff, it's pretty good. Enlightenment on social issues has yet to occurr.
    Too bad there isn't an area on the board for gays and lesbians, like the area set aside for the women. Oh well . .
    Hang in there . . .
    --Tock

cjp85 is offline Member
    Maybe they're into different types of "injections"

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Why would there be an area for gays and lesbians? Do us straight guys get a segragated section as well? The woman section is to discuss different aspects of female training, diet and steriod use which is much different than a man. Do gays train, eat and use steriods differently? If you want to go to a gay site try gay.com where you can talk about strictly gay issues.

Hang in there . . .
    --Tock
    Look, I don't care your orientation, but why do you need a special section? If that were the case we should have one for blacks, mexicans, asians,general gays, women, gay women, gay black men, gay mexicans, gay asians, bi women, bi men general, bi blacks, bi mexicans, bi asians, as well as a caucasin and gay caucasin area. Why do you deserve something special because you go against the grain of society. That is what I don't understand. Why should you and all the other "minorities" get something special or different? It burns me up as a white male college student and I am the only majority considered. Women and all other "minorities" can get tons of financial aid while I have to sit here when I have more of a right going to school than 1/2 of those other "school numbers". Why the special treatment?

cjp85 is offline Member
    Thats why I think its ****ed up to have things like the United Negro College Fund. Why isnt their a Whiteboy College Fund? I just hope I never see the day when my kids are turned away because of the pigment of his skin doesnt match school numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    Look, I don't care your orientation, but why do you need a special section? If that were the case we should have one for blacks, mexicans, asians,general gays, women, gay women, gay black men, gay mexicans, gay asians, bi women, bi men general, bi blacks, bi mexicans, bi asians, as well as a caucasin and gay caucasin area. Why do you deserve something special because you go against the grain of society. That is what I don't understand. Why should you and all the other "minorities" get something special or different? It burns me up as a white male college student and I am the only majority considered. Women and all other "minorities" can get tons of financial aid while I have to sit here when I have more of a right going to school than 1/2 of those other "school numbers". Why the special treatment?

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I wouldn't discriminate against someone because they are a homo, and I think that homo's should be entitled to evey constitutional right that every other tax paying law abiding citizen is entitled to. However, the thought of two men getting it on is repulsive to me. Much in the same way fat people are repulsive to me. Im of the 'Do whatever you want with your life but please refrain from telling me about it' school of thought. Why not talk gay stuff on a gay board? Would you go on a motorcycle forum and talk steroids ? I'd wager not, thats why you came to AR.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    =========

Ok, I withdraw my comment.
    If you're going to have severe seperation anxiety, I wouldn't think of leaving you . . .
    --Tock

=========

Ok, I withdraw my comment.
    If you're going to have severe seperation anxiety, I wouldn't think of leaving you . . .
    --Tock
    hey, you wanted the special forum....I don't care but if you are going to have one for one orientation then why not all? Makes sense huh?

Separate Forum

I don't know bdtr, but I agree with him on this point. A separate forum for women is only called for because of genuine training/diet/supplementation needs. I can't see a separate forum for anyone else.

However, I don't think the prior posters should take that & run with it. If chicamahomico is so repulsed by fat people & gays, why the long enough fixation to notice you're repulsed. Here's the kicker: I assume you're hispanic. Do you have any idea how many people are repulsed by the thought of hispanics? Think about why it's not articulated. It is not legally, socially, or morally accepted. So the same form of hate is now limited to one vehicle.

You'd never guess it, looking at the avatar, but bdtr is the only one who gave a clinical direct sensible response. (That wasn't an insult bdtr ... actually it's a pretty nice avatar ... ), but the comments below his are out-of-line & wouldn't be tolerated by anyone if they addressed any other group.
    Last edited by LouMessina; 02-05-2004 at 09:25 PM.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Hey... i may looks like one of them there none edumacated folks but I is schoooled in one of them there fancy college places all thems peoples goes to.
    You'd never guess it, looking at the avatar, but bdtr is the only one who gave a clinical direct sensible response. (That wasn't an insult bdtr ... actually it's a pretty nice avatar ... ), but the comments below his are out-of-line & wouldn't be tolerated by anyone if they addressed any other group.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Hey... i may looks like one of them there none edumacated folks but I is schoooled in one of them there fancy college places all thems peoples goes to.

t burns me up as a white male college student and I am the only majority considered. Women and all other "minorities" can get tons of financial aid while I have to sit here when I have more of a right going to school than 1/2 of those other "school numbers". Why the special treatment?
    If you want to get financial aid based on the color of your skin I suggest you apply to Howard University or Morehouse College. Both are predominately Black schools. Both offer "special" financial aid packages for minority white students attending the college.

There, your problem is solved.

Quote Originally Posted by cjp85
    Thats why I think its ****ed up to have things like the United Negro College Fund. Why isnt their a Whiteboy College Fund? I just hope I never see the day when my kids are turned away because of the pigment of his skin doesnt match school numbers.

Read above.

Quote Originally Posted by cjp85
    Getting away from the topic at hand...That crap happens at my school. The school officials will take anyone. They will take any hispanic, asian, or black with a heartbeat. Seriously. It is rediculous that I walk around on my campus to see ghetto trash and former gang members getting a free ride while i rely on loans and my over burndened parents as I have a younger sister in school. The school gives all these "college kids" money and yet every semester or year, 2/3 seem to fail out. It was actually kinda of funny to see how many black kids in my over crowded dorm were yanked out after one semester. I do qualify for almost all business department academic scholarships however, but they will probably be given to less qualified minority students...every time...special treatment for minorities...so isnt' far

Hang in there . . .
    --Tock
    Why say you want to be accepted on the board then turn and around and segregate yourself? That doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    If you want to get financial aid based on the color of your skin I suggest you apply to Howard University or Morehouse College. Both are predominately Black schools. Both offer "special" financial aid packages for minority white students attending the college.

There, your problem is solved.
    yeah, and we'll all get a degree in african studies...the biggest piece of **** 4 year degree ever

yeah, and we'll all get a degree in african studies...the biggest piece of **** 4 year degree ever
    Don't be an ass. Do you actually think thats' all they offer? You're showing your ignorance with that statement.

I know, but is that not the predominant degree? I have watched recruitment **** on tv for some of those minority colleges and it seems 1/2 the people who graduate from those schools have those degrees. I'm not going to get into an argument about what is offered at moorehouse but I don't see that junk at my school or most others...

However, I don't think the prior posters should take that & run with it. If chicamahomico is so repulsed by fat people & gays, why the long enough fixation to notice you're repulsed. Here's the kicker: I assume you're hispanic. Do you have any idea how many people are repulsed by the thought of hispanics? Think about why it's not articulated. It is not legally, socially, or morally accepted. So the same form of hate is now limited to one vehicle......
    I don't have faintest idea of what you are talking about.........but I will try to answer the part of your post that I understand. If I was hispanic, which I am not, I could care less if that bothered another person.

I know, but is that not the predominant degree? I have watched recruitment **** on tv for some of those minority colleges and it seems 1/2 the people who graduate from those schools have those degrees. I'm not going to get into an argument about what is offered at moorehouse but I don't see that junk at my school or most others...
    No, that is not the predominate degree. (Your ignorance again)

You're backing down because you know what you're saying is just plain ignorant. Check the school's web and see what they offer.

It can't be the most prominant degree simply because it is even more useless than a history degree. What could a degree in African studies possibly get you a job doing?

BDTR is offline Retired
    Teaching African Studies.

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    It can't be the most prominant degree simply because it is even more useless than a history degree. What could a degree in African studies possibly get you a job doing?

No, that is not the predominate degree. (Your ignorance again)

You're backing down because you know what you're saying is just plain ignorant. Check the school's web and see what they offer.

actually, I don't feel i'm speaking from ignorance, maybe misguided info, but regardless my complaint lies with special privaleges students recieve at main stream schools, not just 1 or 2 black prolific schools off the top of your head. You know, I don't know why you even try to argue this with me...you are in a pretty good position yourself. You can get all the aid you want and that is good for you and obviously you are educated to a good degree, but what about some one with the same skin color, who has been a jack off through out public education...why does he have the ability to go to school when he has showed no ambition and will more than likely fail out. Here I am, white, cum laude in my class but yet college admissions sees I'm white and automatically disqualified for assistance on my tutition but yet some minority in the 3 quartile can get a ride through school because it just adds to the school's "equal rights" numbers. It is some what rediculous that politicians feel that we have to be so equal and everything the same but yet all they do is seperate us more. I wouldn't rant if I have the same opportunity as the minorities at my school but I don't, and the reason is I'm white. I can't wait to get to the work field, to be turned down at business firms with my mba and a minority with a bba only because they want to make it more equal. Don't try to tell me i'm ignorant when you can't even relate to what I say. Can you?

actually, I don't feel i'm speaking from ignorance, maybe misguided info, but regardless my complaint lies with special privaleges students recieve at main stream schools, not just 1 or 2 black prolific schools off the top of your head. You know, I don't know why you even try to argue this with me...you are in a pretty good position yourself. You can get all the aid you want and that is good for you and obviously you are educated to a good degree, but what about some one with the same skin color, who has been a jack off through out public education...why does he have the ability to go to school when he has showed no ambition and will more than likely fail out. Here I am, white, cum laude in my class but yet college admissions sees I'm white and automatically disqualified for assistance on my tutition but yet some minority in the 3 quartile can get a ride through school because it just adds to the school's "equal rights" numbers. It is some what rediculous that politicians feel that we have to be so equal and everything the same but yet all they do is seperate us more. I wouldn't rant if I have the same opportunity as the minorities at my school but I don't, and the reason is I'm white. I can't wait to get to the work field, to be turned down at business firms with my mba and a minority with a bba only because they want to make it more equal. Don't try to tell me i'm ignorant when you can't even relate to what I say. Can you?
    I have an Engineering degree. I worked my ass off through school and paid for it. No one gave me a dime. There you go again speaking from misguided info, making assumptions.

You as a white student can have the same privileges but apparently a predominately black school is not good enough for you.

Back on topic.

Tock, I still don't see why you want a seperate forum.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Can you drink winnie?

mass junkie is offline banned
    This was a great thread to read.....

I have an Engineering degree. I worked my ass off through school and paid for it. No one gave me a dime. There you go again speaking from misguided info, making assumptions.

You as a white student can have the same privileges but apparently a predominately black school is not good enough for you.

WTF is your problem? I made no assumptions about you personally. I said if you wanted the help it was/is there. And why should I have to go out of my way to a black school to get aid when a minority can go to any school and get help? Good for you, you have an engineering degree. I'm going to school and will be paying for it when I get out but tell me why, at any school I choose, I should not have the same privaleges as others. Can you not even respond to the second half of my statement. It seems as if you want to take one sentence and turn it around to attack me. Touch the issue of reverse discrimination, touch the issue of quotas in businesses to hire minorities. You didn't...because you can recieve those benefits and I can't. Welcome to America where the white man has to pay for the historic injustices that minorities feel they should be repayed for. Don't jump on me like I'm talking about you, but the reason all those aids to help non whites is to some how get everyone on the same level. Lets bring down the whites while we extend the helping hand to minorties. Don't take anything as a direct insult to you...you didn't make the system, politicians trying to buy votes did.

You have to go back to the begining of the thread..........to understand my response.........

Does this sound like he was promoting his sexual orientation, or someone looking to address a problem?

Anyway, getting to my point...Having an attraction to guys and being an athlete is probably one of the most difficult things to deal with in your life. I am a premed student with a 4.0 gpa, but lately the stress of having to hide things from my best friends (my teammates) and my family have really caused my academics to slip a little.

I can only hope that you never have any problems and your recourse is limited to this forum!

Rules

And the system incase you need clarification, is what I have a problem with.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information