freakon is offline Associate Member

is this the test flu?

HI guys! this is my first cycle of test e, i have been injecting now for about 7wks at 500mg weekly. On Dec 23rd i went to the doctor because of bronchitis/flu like symptoms, i was given some antibiotics to take for 1wk. well its been about 2 1/2 wks since i have been to the doctor and i still have this major cou***ng that will not go away. I sometimes cough so hard and so many times that i start to dry heave. i dont have any phlem or any green stuff running out of my nose. I do however have the occassional increase in body temp "100 degree fever" that last for about an hout or 2. i have been taking alot of cough medications but the damn coough is still very persistent. I am also very tired and lethargic. i went to the gym today and could not give it my 100% that i normally do. is this the test flu that i am experiencing? thanks

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Coughes are usually very persistant after a sickness like you had. You have a lot of mucus built up and need to be expelled.

Mucus and snot are predominently dead white blood cells being expelled from the body. it shoudl subside in a few weeks. No need to worry.

Use Afrin to dry it out it if bothers you that much. later

NSXTC is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizz28 View Post
    Coughes are usually very persistant after a sickness like you had. You have a lot of mucus built up and need to be expelled.

Mucus and snot are predominently dead white blood cells being expelled from the body. it shoudl subside in a few weeks. No need to worry.

Use Afrin to dry it out it if bothers you that much. later
    Did you even read his post? What sickness? What mucus?
    "i dont have any phlem or any green stuff running out of my nose."

I'd also like to know if his described symptoms are "test flu" like.

Quote Originally Posted by freakon View Post
    On Dec 23rd i went to the doctor because of bronchitis/flu like symptoms, i was given some antibiotics to take for 1wk. well its been about 2 1/2 wks since i have been to the doctor and i still have this major cou***ng that will not go away.
    NSXTC without looking at his case study, I would assume he was truely sick. Test flu doesn't last weeks. There is such thing as a "non-productive" caugh. Look it up. And "green stuff" isn't an exact indicator of an infection

Calm yourself pal.

viruses can also cause these problems and not cause "green mucus" and anti-B's will not treat them at all.

Bacterial infections typically cause the "Green" mucus.

NSXTC is offline New Member
    NSXTC without looking at his case study, I would assume he was truely sick. Test flu doesn't last weeks. There is such thing as a "non-productive" caugh. Look it up. And "green stuff" isn't an exact indicator of an infection

Calm yourself pal.
    Thanks, and I am calm. This was a much better answer. I dont know anything about test flu and after a search I still dont. "Test flu doesn't last weeks." This was informative and I am sure the OP thanks you, as do I. There is a lot of fantastic information available on this site and also plenty of condescending, contradicting and vague information. I am learning to sort out the educated/helpful members from the educated/nonhelpful members. I never meant to offend anyone, I just someone times wonder if the experienced members remember what it was like to be a newcomer. I started my cycle yesterday, so I am reading everything....again.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    HI guys! this is my first cycle of test e, i have been injecting now for about 7wks at 500mg weekly. On Dec 23rd i went to the doctor because of bronchitis/flu like symptoms, i was given some antibiotics to take for 1wk. well its been about 2 1/2 wks since i have been to the doctor and i still have this major cou***ng that will not go away. I sometimes cough so hard and so many times that i start to dry heave. i dont have any phlem or any green stuff running out of my nose. I do however have the occassional increase in body temp "100 degree fever" that last for about an hout or 2. i have been taking alot of cough medications but the damn coough is still very persistent. I am also very tired and lethargic. i went to the gym today and could not give it my 100% that i normally do. is this the test flu that i am experiencing? thanks

What you have could be anything, most likely not related to your cycle. I'd seek medical help on this. Could be the real flu. Are STDs a possibility? May want to run some medical tests.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXTC View Post
    Thanks, and I am calm. This was a much better answer. I dont know anything about test flu and after a search I still dont. "Test flu doesn't last weeks." This was informative and I am sure the OP thanks you, as do I. There is a lot of fantastic information available on this site and also plenty of condescending, contradicting and vague information. I am learning to sort out the educated/helpful members from the educated/nonhelpful members. I never meant to offend anyone, I just someone times wonder if the experienced members remember what it was like to be a newcomer. I started my cycle yesterday, so I am reading everything....again.
    Not a problem brother, just go about your disagreements a bit differently next time.

No hard feelings

Good luck here!

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    All the bolded symptoms are consistent with Test Flu.
    • lethargy & weakness (can't work out at all for a few of these days)
    • harsh, persistent, yet unproductive cough
    • clear nasal passages
    • elevated temp as body wages war
    • also often reported are rapidly vacillating chills and hot flashes (I hated these)

Lastly, it tends to occur early in the cycle, and your onset seems to be about around week 3/4 right?
    ----------
    The only inconsistent quality is that of duration. Usually the body accepts the interloping gear around the week and half point. But it sounds like you're getting stronger (back at the gym), so the worst seems over.

Hang in there.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

Quote Originally Posted by magic32 View Post
    Lastly, it tends to occur early in the cycle, and your onset seems to be about around week 3/4 right?
    ----------
    The only inconsistent quality is that of duration. Usually the body accepts the interloping gear around the week and half point. But it sounds like you're getting stronger (back at the gym), so the worst seems over.

Hang in there.

he said week 7, that's why I'm leaning towords a viral infection of some sort.

I think 7wks is a little longer, but i did get the symptoms at/or around wk 4. So its a possibility of "test flu" right! thanks

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    he said week 7, that's why I'm leaning towords a viral infection of some sort.
    ...i have been injecting now for about 7wks at 500mg weekly. On Dec 23rd i went to the doctor because of bronchitis/flu like symptoms...
    THIS IS week 7, but as indicated above his symptoms were much earlier, dating back to week 3/4.
    ---------------------

Are symptoms better now Freak?
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=317700

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=306144

BE CAREFUL!

yes much much better! i still cough but it isnt as persistent as it was before. just taking some Ricola seems to help.thanks

Thread Information