reddragon4954 is offline Member

Extreme Calorie Deficit and Fat loss

I dont plan on doing this, just want to know for my own curiosity.

Lets say you were on cycle, using the usual Test and Deca stack. You then cut calories to an extreme level. Only taking in 1200-1500 per day.

You kept training and did everything as usual just had a very low calorie intake.

Would you lose a great deal of muscle? Or, would the AAS be enough to prevent muscle loss?

This is all hypothetical, dont plan on running. Just curious.

CheddaNips is offline Senior Member
    Well in theroy it would because your body is in an anabolic state, but a drastic change in coloric intake could mess up your metabolism short term which could put you in a catabolic state. Hypothetically, would this be o lose weight but gain muscle?

reddragon4954 is offline Member
    It would be for fat loss. Im just curious as to what would happen. I mean alot Hollywod actors have eating disorders and such. They losealot of weigtht, we have all seen the pics. BUt I was just curious if you put your body in a really low calorie deficit but were taking AAS, would you lose mostly fat and just a little muscle?

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    wouldnt it put your body into starvation mode and slowing down your metabolism

steel113 is offline Junior Member
    ^ yeah that what i would figure that it would slow you metabolism after like two weeks. possibly even switch to catabolism to compensate for the calorie needs of the body.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    ^^^All good points.

The chief issue here is the amount of calories consumed. A Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) is typically the lowest amount required to sustain functioning falls between 1100 and 1400 cals ED. Given substantial calories, a protocol as proposed, including AAS, appropriate muscle stimulation, and mod-hi protein intake would be more than enough to sustain muscle...this actually greatly resembles a pre-contest diet.

As for the metabolic slow down, again the fellas are on point as it would occur. But only if the aforementioned intake amounts are poorly or improperly spaced. Timing is the integral element here in that as long as the body receives adequate nutrition on a regular or supra-regular (5 or 6x daily), the metabolism will continue unabated. Starvation mode has to with the brain’s feedback/concern for and suspicion of non-forthcoming provision, which again is off set by adequate sustenance (overall amount) and great volume (# of meals).
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

Nstart is offline Associate Member
    Even without AAS, I lost almost 200lbs (over 180lbs) in a years time. I ate 1600 calories a day, split over 5-7 meals and I actually gained a little strength over this time. Not much, but for the weight I lost, I was happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nstart View Post
    Even without AAS, I lost almost 200lbs (over 180lbs) in a years time. I ate 1600 calories a day, split over 5-7 meals and I actually gained a little strength over this time. Not much, but for the weight I lost, I was happy.
    Congrats, that outstanding.
    However, obesity and average weight loss have different rules of engagement, especially when muscle retention and thyroid chemicals are involved.

Again congrats, what are your current stats and cycling history if any?

I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=317700

Half-lives explained

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=306144

BE CAREFUL!

Nstart is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32 View Post
    Congrats, that outstanding.
    However, obesity and average weight loss have different rules of engagement, especially when muscle retention and thyroid chemicals are involved.

Again congrats, what are your current stats and cycling history if any?
    Thanks. I had no idea it was any different. Is there anything I can read about the difference? I still "diet" the way I did when I was morbidly obese and I haven't really run into any problems. When I lost weight, I did not use any drugs, not clen or T3 or AAS. Hell I didn't even know about T3 and Clen until a couple of months ago.

I posted my stats in this thread and proof of my body fat towards the end of the first page. I really don't want to turn this thread into an argument. - Critque my next 3 cycles

iceman1961 is offline New Member
    Whenever I did a cycle and was planning to try to drop a little bf I'd always started doin my cuttin cycle i.e.eca's or clen T3 when I was tapering down from my AS cycle b4 I started my PCT. Seemed like it prevented me from losing any gains why I leaned out a little....just my .02

Tbone1975 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reddragon4954 View Post
    I dont plan on doing this, just want to know for my own curiosity.

Lets say you were on cycle, using the usual Test and Deca stack. You then cut calories to an extreme level. Only taking in 1200-1500 per day.

You kept training and did everything as usual just had a very low calorie intake.

Would you lose a great deal of muscle? Or, would the AAS be enough to prevent muscle loss?

This is all hypothetical, dont plan on running. Just curious.
    I strongly believe you would lose a good deal of muscle. You'd kiss your muscles goodbye.

Castradomus is offline Junior Member
    I asked basically the same question, and got everyone tellin me that there are too many variables involved. So thanks to the people in this thread for actually answering the question. So in summation, if on aas, working out hard, eating alot of protein, and eating regularly (although not much) you should be okay?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    If you go to low you can actually not have enough carbohydrates to actually burn fat. Fat oxidations requires substrates from the krebs cycle. If your deficient in these area's your body looks for other sources of energy. Which can come in the form of Amino Acids. AA usually account for about 4 % of total energy production under normal circumstances. So as Magic stated timing your nutrient intake is important.

Secondly insulin enhances the hormone Leptin. Low insulin cause Leptin to be undersecreted by adipose tissue. The consequence of low leptin levels is that it puts the body in starvation mode, which is not what you want at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    If you go to low you can actually not have enough carbohydrates to actually burn fat.
    This is very true!
    And that's why, reminiscent the traditional pre-contest diet, you'd need to supply ample carbs via extremely low cal fruits and vegetables. These foods will continue to register as adequate metabolic synthesizers in the absence of the more costly (to the diet) high caloric breads, cereals, pastas, etc. equating to a net fat loss without overtaxing alternate energy avenues.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=317700

Half-lives explained

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=306144

BE CAREFUL!

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32 View Post
    This is very true!
    And that's why, reminiscent the traditional pre-contest diet, you'd need to supply ample carbs via extremely low cal fruits and vegetables. These foods will continue to register as adequate metabolic synthesizers in the absence of the more costly (to the diet) high caloric breads, cereals, pastas, etc. equating to a net fat loss without overtaxing alternate energy avenues.
    You made me relies that I used the word actually to many actual times.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    you would become catabolic and waste muscle garuateed. Steroids cant perform miracles. One of there main functions is to increase protein synthesis. At such low cals there would not be enough protein to do anything with.

Thread Information