Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: *Aromasin (Exemestane) vs Arimidex (Anastrozole) Unraveled*

AnabolicDoc is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal69 View Post
    I'm using 12.5 Exemestane daily, based on this and a couple other threads. Do you think that is too much as well, or do you only feel that way with Aromasin?
    I use the words exemestane and aromasin interchangeably but I probably shouldn't, good call.

Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal69 View Post
    I'm nearing the end of a Test/Tren cycle, 125mg Test-E / Wk., 438mg Tren-A / wk. Nothing bad is happening, but I'm definitely trying new things with this cycle, so I'm paranoid LOL! Thus far I'm pretty happpy with my results.
    I think 12.5 ed is fine just maybe a bit high of a starting point for a beginner cycle. I think with stane it's easier to titrate up instead of down. I must admit that 12.5mg ed seems pretty high for a TRT dose of test but everyone is different. If it's working for you, then great but I am a little surprised.

urapunk is offline New Member
    thanks a lot for the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicDoc View Post
    It's not technically weight dependent dosing, but bc fat contains the aromatase enzyme ppl with more body fat may require higher doses of AI. Also, your AI dose needs to be proportional to the amount of aromatizable AAS you take. Last thing that needs to be considered is how sensitive your body is to AI's. I know of ppl who based on this thread, started their recent cycle with aromasin 12.5 to 25mg ed. They were all fine the first week but bc the effects of aromasin are accumulate, as it irreversibly inhibits the aromatase enzyme, many of them started to suffer low estrogen sides by week 2. And bc it irreversibly inhibits, the side effects linger for about a week until you make more aromatase and aromasin levels decline.

While I'm not opposed to the ed dosing of aromasin, I don't think it's necessary. You don't need stable blood levels of aromasin for effective estrogen control. The goal of AI therapy while on cycle is stable levels of estrogen, within a proper range, which can be achieved by relatively stable and decreased levels of aromatase. This can be achieved by intermittent dosing of aromasin bc, again, it irreversibly inhibits aromatase. I also think 12.5mg ed is too high for some ppl, for instance those with low body fat taking test 500mg weekly. Taking 6.25mg (approx) may be cumbersome, especially if taking a tablet which comes in 25mg. So for beginner cycles with low body fat I think that 12.5mg eod will get the job done best. You can always increase your dose but once you start suffering sides of too much aromasin (low E) those sides will persist for at least a week and they're not fun.

If you're desperate to overcome the sides from too much aromasin, you can always take an additional high dose of aromatizable AAS but it's a pretty bad idea for so many reasons.

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    I must admit that 12.5mg ed seems pretty high for a TRT dose of test but everyone is different. If it's working for you, then great but I am a little surprised.
    I wanted to err on the side of caution this time. My last cycle I had a decent flare-up of back and shoulder acne which didn't clear completely until I had ended PCT. My test dose was MUCH higher on that cycle though.
    I don't want to do TOO much of a good thing, we need managed estrogen levels for optimal growth, etc. Not too low. Next cycle I might try EOD instead. Thus far, aside from aggression and night sweats, sides have been nonexistent.

Also, your AI dose needs to be proportional to the amount of aromatizable AAS you take.
    If the amount aromatase enzyme in the body is being controlled by an ai and is at a fixed level because of it then why would the amount of aromatizable AAS administered be a major concern?

Aromatization is primarily dependent on aromatase activity not the amount of AAS being used. I understand there are more variables when high levels of AAS are being used, but if aromatase is kept at a fixed level then what difference would it make if say 500mg of test were being injected per week vs 1g per week. A fixed level of aromatase can only convert so much aromatizable AAS regardless of amount injected.

And according to this study posted by jimmyinkedup doses of 25mg and even 50mg of exemestane per day lowered estrogen greatly but remained at near reference range levels.

Pharmacokinetics and Dose Finding of a Potent Aromatase Inhibitor, Aromasin (Exemestane), in Young Males
    Last edited by Sgt. Hartman; 05-22-2013 at 09:18 PM.
    Lunk1 likes this.

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    If the amount aromatase enzyme in the body is being controlled by an ai and is at a fixed level because of it then why would the amount of aromatizable AAS administered be a major concern?

Aromatization is primarily dependent on aromatase activity not the amount of AAS being used. I understand there are more variables when high levels of AAS are being used, but if aromatase is kept at a fixed level then what difference would it make if say 500mg of test were being injected per week vs 1g per week. A fixed level of aromatase can only convert so much aromatizable AAS regardless of amount injected.

And according to this study posted by jimmyinkedup doses of 25mg and even 50mg of exemestane per day lowered estrogen greatly but remained at near reference range levels.

Pharmacokinetics and Dose Finding of a Potent Aromatase Inhibitor, Aromasin (Exemestane), in Young Males
    this is probably true for a irreversible AI. do you think it will still be true for a reversible, competitive AI?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post

All enzyme mediated reactions demonstrate an increase in levels of the final product (estrogens) when levels of the substrate (test or other aromatizing AAS) are increased.

I will read the article, but let's assume your conclusion of the article is accurate (which I suspect it is) then there should be no problem with someone on TRT taking 50mg of stane daily. I think that most ppl would not fare well on that regimen. I would never ask you or anyone to try it in an attempt to prove me wrong but I can say for sure that I've seen at least a few instances with ppl on much higher doses of aromatizing AAS (than a TRT dose of test) crash their E2 levels with 25mg of stane ed.
    Last edited by AnabolicDoc; 05-23-2013 at 12:13 AM.

All enzyme mediated reactions demonstrate an increase in levels of the final product (estrogens) when levels of the substrate (test or other aromatizing AAS) are increased.
    How is that possible though if aromatase is kept at a fixed rate due to exemestane?

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign

Bc no enzyme is working at 100% efficiency. There is almost always a significant percentage of an enzyme (aromatase in this case) floating freely unbound to its substrate (testosterone ). By increasing the concentration of the substrate (test or other aromatizing AAS) there are increased interactions bw aromatase and test, and therefore less unbound aromatase. So more aromatase enzymes are working compared to when there were lower levels of test and ultimately more estrogen.
    Sgt. Hartman likes this.

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    So... I don't need to worry too much about estrogen levels being TOO low?

It's hard to say IMO (not sure if your question is directed to me, if not sorry). The reason I say this is that 25mg ed of stane seems like a lot for a TRT dose and tren does not aromatize. But you say you feel fine. Generally, it seems that men are more sensitive to low E2 levels than to high E2 levels (but this is anecdotal). I think only blood work can determine the answer to this. But it seems that according to the study referred to by Sgt and posted by jimmyinkedup (which I still haven't read) that you should be ok. I just have a hard time seeing how that can be so. At the same time, I hardly consider myself an expert at AAS use and related.

donopat is offline Junior Member
    so adex is not as bad on lipids as previosll thought...from what I understand its much easier to find legit adex from research companies than liquid forms of stane.....this is awesome news

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information