Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RipOwens is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by m_donnelly
    Having worked in the treatment/rehab field, I can tell you that I would tread carefully here. If I were you, I would ask yourself under what circumstances do you feel you could start using again? What are your triggers? I ask this because I have known many juicers who have self medicated with various recreational drugs when the side effects of some AAS get harsh. You can plan out a cycle to the most minute detail but any little SNAFU can result in emotional issues that can potentially cause a relapse.
    ^^^ some good points made here

snowblowjoe is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm clean now but I use to be a junkie. My first two cycles I was on suboxone and klonopin maintenance. Didn't interfere with anything I got great results. I'm sure there's a possibility they could have been better without any opiates at all. Opiates lower your test levels

snowblowjoe is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Anabolics is what got me off recreational drugs. Didn't want to **** with my results. Being on test gave me a better natural more healthy feeling high anyway

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Quote Originally Posted by snowblowjoe View Post
    Anabolics is what got me off recreational drugs. Didn't want to **** with my results. Being on test gave me a better natural more healthy feeling high anyway
    I’m a heavy opiate addict I drink, as some of you know. I’ve been clean and sober now for 1 year 5 months now. Only had a problem three week ago when I had my surgery and the OXY script. BUT I did it and did no relapse. I’ve gone back to meeting EVERY DAY for now. Too close with the meds. Off it all and only on just 4 days on for pain. Horrible my dose for pain was thru the roof. My obsession is gone due to the AA program and I’m lucky my memory serves me well, I DON’T WANT TO BE SICK again. 6 years is enough of chasing it and losing everything. AAS and the gym has taken me over. I’m retired and I take care of life on life’s terms and I don’t care IF, IF I have replaced one for another. I haven’t been this healthy physically or mentally or spiritually as now. So I’m enjoying me present life with the gym and aas. At my age I now just stay on aas from high dose and low dose. Cycle and off cycle with low dose. …crazy mike

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    im on the fenc eon this, its a slippery slope . just be careful. i would think 1yr clean then cycle?
    I dont know how it is for addicts , like how someone can crack form having just one drink or one pill then just go back to being fully into the rec drugs again... i just dont get that.. but im not bashing, i am just saying i dont get it so i dotn want to give adivce on something i dont get, just use extreme caution.... good luck

RipOwens is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike

I'm a heavy opiate addict I drink, as some of you know. I've been clean and sober now for 1 year 5 months now. Only had a problem three week ago when I had my surgery and the OXY script. BUT I did it and did no relapse. I've gone back to meeting EVERY DAY for now. Too close with the meds. Off it all and only on just 4 days on for pain. Horrible my dose for pain was thru the roof. My obsession is gone due to the AA program and I'm lucky my memory serves me well, I DON'T WANT TO BE SICK again. 6 years is enough of chasing it and losing everything. AAS and the gym has taken me over. I'm retired and I take care of life on life's terms and I don't care IF, IF I have replaced one for another. I haven't been this healthy physically or mentally or spiritually as now. So I'm enjoying me present life with the gym and aas. At my age I now just stay on aas from high dose and low dose. Cycle and off cycle with low dose. ...crazy mike
    Great to hear CM...glad ur feelin better.

Don't want to go back to edit but it was 46 years of using NOT 6. Of course it wasn't like the last 4 then 2 then 6 months then detox. But to tell you Juced porchop, I'm good. the obsession is and has been gone. I don't really have triggers anymore but taking some for surgery brought it all back home. I had a tough week to get that thought and the trigger to go away once again. But I woke up one day and I tell you, IT WAS GONE. Yep just like it came it was gone. You CANNOT understand if you have never been there and for me, it was mine, my experience my body, my mind and so the other addicts don't know what I was going thru because we are our own persons our own minds and bodies. Like my tolerance is was my tolerance and the dosage was mine specifically. Going thru the entire week and a half of an intended script, in just in 4 days, and not to get high, I sear I never got high, I only masked the pain. I did not relapse. I thank my God for that. I am still an addict not just because they say, but my testimony tells the story. I don't drink and I take no drugs. aas being a drug, I do not take aas as a drug, I don't take my psych medicine as drugs. I take medications in my mind, and get pissed off at the attitude by others that I still am doing drugs. Technically of course, but my semantics aloues me to get past the drug issue of my thoughts and mind classifying my medicine needed as medicine. AAS is a science around an athlete doing them as carefully as I can wih each cycle being for a specific purpose in my bodybuilding. At 61 after years off my attitude is I AM A BODYBUILDER at heart I participate in this sport as would a competitor. aas is not form me to get high it is for bodybuilding and if one (me) doesn't plug in diet and hard A$$ workouts why do them. I will shove that addiction of the mind altering, substances out the door, out of my life out of my thoughts and live a healthy life. How many years do I have. I mean lets get real train for ten more and 71, sh!t then 5 more and 76....I can't think that way even though I am running an up hill battle against time (age). Fvck the other drvgs I'll be healthy with the gym and aas EVEN if I am addicted to aas. I feel good , people complement me even if I'm not what I should be or want to be YET. If aas make this possible such is life because without the meds of today many people would be not so well off and unhappy etc.... Thanks for your time guys, grateful ....crazy mike
    Last edited by crazy mike; 03-30-2013 at 01:08 PM.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Addiction is the disease of more...proceed with caution my friend.
    ^^nail on the head! 5yrs sober in june.. be careful..

harley121 is offline Associate Member
    This is a good thread and Im glad it has continued. I can imagine that some of the guys/ mods reading this may be cringing but I appreciate everyone's honest input and while this isn't an NA meeting its a real question that Im glad someone was responsible enough to ask.
    I have had the discussion about replacing an unhealthy obsession (narcotic addiction) w/ a healthy one (working out/ bodybuilding) w/ my sponsor. Adding AAS to it would have immediatly been squashed and seen as using due to the nature of AAS, no rx, not legal, etc. He runs and does the rowing machine 3x/ week and doesn't get the desire to grow and is not a bodybuilder and the resp. use of AAS.
    Good discussion and great thread.
    Last edited by harley121; 03-30-2013 at 07:54 PM.

m_donnelly is offline Associate Member
    It you're going to run a cycle, my advice would be to steer clear of Tren as it can be harsh on one's psyche. Tren was the only AAS to cause me serious emotional side effects; bad anxiety and insomnia. I could see it triggering a relapse.

kybigkid07 is offline New Member
    congrads on the kick I myself know what you are going through. I think bodybuilding was one of the only things that help me get through and kick that disease myself. Its been almost 4 years now and I have never felt better!! good luck

AlinSR is offline new member
    There are many, many addicts on the darkside. I guess it comes down to what you can handle.

As aas does by making you aggressive in the gym, appetite, and energy, for me it has been the best thing for my recovery. Being retired I have something very important for me to live for an that the striving to get bigger, look better, bee proud of my physique when I walk into a room or a store or at home. I eat better and so Its a new life, I am so much happier I have something to do and look for every day. I look forward to going to the gym each day and I can run circles around so many younger guys in the gym. ...crazy mike

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think you have to really look deep into your soul and your long term goals.

Over the years I have seen many people/members who have traded one drug (addiction) for another (aas). It's not really a health oriented goal but more something to use.

My 1st wife did this during her pregnancy. She stayed clean for a little over a year by trading her drug of choice for playing Bingo every day. As soon as she stopped the bingo after the baby was born she was back to old habits.

In other words you really need to figure out why you want to use aas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information