View Poll Results: Who holds the belt after UFC 72?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chuck "The ICEMAN" Liddell

46 56.10%
  • Quinton "RAMPAGE" Jackson

36 43.90%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    nalbano34 is offline Member
    Well, looks like a friendly wager was struck at $25 with Mogamedogz....I really would rather see chuck get his bell rung, but................

Mogamedogz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nalbano34
    Well, looks like a friendly wager was struck at $25 with Mogamedogz....I really would rather see chuck get his bell rung, but................
    Confirmed. $25 it is! Payable as soon as Rampage beats Chucks Mohawk off.

Chuck better be ready... he aint fighting Johnny Drama in this one!!

goose is offline Banned
    Why waste 25$ on this ? When bookies (places to bet) have chuck red hot? You can get great odds to back rampage,Im looking to bet a grand,if I win gets me to new york for the summer.
    Last edited by goose; 05-01-2007 at 01:49 PM.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    if I win gets me to new york for the summer.
    ....and the party is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    ....and the party is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For me yes....Remember if you I win I take one of your jino kits

Why waste 25$ on this ? When bookies (places to bet) have chuck red hot? You can get great odds to back rampage,Im looking to bet a grand,if I win gets me to new york for the summer.

im laying bread elsewhere on Rampage. This one is just for fun.

BG
    For me yes....Remember if you I win I take one of your jino kits
    Your not going to win, just isnt going to happen, I heard Chuck stop drinking a month before this fight, not his usual 2 weeks before!

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

odix is offline Member
    like i said in the very first post, quintons style counteracts chucks too well, chuck is going to throw punches and back peddle, the difference with jackson and the other fighters is jackson will come straight for him, other fighters throw a punch or two and try and box it out. jackson round 3, like i said ;]

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    Your not going to win, just isnt going to happen, I heard Chuck stop drinking a month before this fight, not his usual 2 weeks before!
    You might want to start making sure he is still taking the xyience thought. Remember thats what made him the champion.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by rar1015
    You might want to start making sure he is still taking the xyience thought. Remember thats what made him the champion.
    God I hope that wasnt what did it for him!!!!

D-Bo Dre is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Why does it have to be a Pride vs UFC issue?

What is it with your type?

The ****ing matchup is just awful for Chuck, have you not seen the fights and what both bring to the table?
    Its not a Pride vs UFC issue! the way I said it may have been interpreted wrong.. I should have elaborated.. Many ppl, not saying all, have recently gained this biased favoritism toward Pride fighters simply b/c they come from that organization. (ie. Cro-Crop). They are not aware nor do they have the knowledge that a fighter should be judged by their fighting styles, past fights, camps, etc.. I know there are many true MMA fans here, and I did not mean to sound like an ignorant "tuff fan", I just am tired of hearing the line "ohh, he comes from Pride, he will kill ANYONE from UFC".. that being said........... I still think Chuck is gonna win

D-Bo Dre is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    Ok I want you to read this real close. Styles make fights, you still with me?. The gameplan to beat chuck is very simple, still following? Chuck has a very long reach for his heigth and throws that over hand right, however chuck needs distance to throw it. To beat chuck you get within that range and his biggest weapon is gone. Everytime chuck steps back you step forward one he steps back to his left you step forward to your right, you following. Second part of the game plan, push the pace of the fight. Chucks cardio is not improved the only difference is no one has really pushed the pace causing chuck to gas. The final part of the game plan after you have gassed him you take him down and finish him on the ground. I hope you got all that. Now a fighter to beat chuck needs good strike defense, Rampage has some of the best strike defense in the game. His weakness is the clinch(muay thai) he has no reason to worry about that against chuck. You need a good chin, Rampage has one of the best chins. He took a huge hook from Silva and stayed on his feet, then ate something like 22 knees before finally being knocked out. A good athlete can make chuck look bad. Rampage is a very athletic, one of the most athletically gifted fighters in the game.

Strength:Rampage; look at the Arona bomb
    Striking: Chuck may hit harder but Rampage is much more techinical and displined striker. Slight edge to Rampage.
    Cardio:Rampage
    Subs: Does not apply to either
    Wrestling: defensive wrestling to Chuck and offensive to Rampage; Pretty even here

Now after reading that once or twice your probably going to say that fight was four years ago and Rampage has lost 3 times and Chuck has gone on a tear, but hold onto your shorts becouse I am gonna explain why you should not type that, so take your finger off the enter key. Well Rampage lost to Shogun and Silva x 2. Both had a clinch game, incredible clinch game to say the least. Chuck has gone on to beat a older Couture x 2 who was having alot of personal problems and was a older then the first fight(where he made chuck look like a little girl). He then beat Vernon white, simply who gives a f*ck its Vernon White. Babalu, who is very good but came in with a horrible gameplan. Ahhh Tito Ortiz x 2 good fighter but simply does not like to get hit and lack the chin and wrestling to beat Chuck. Jeremy Horn he also beat. Now lets look at something all these fighters have in common besides Vernon White. They are all grapplers. Rampage maybe more of a ground and pound fighter but unlike above the fighters he does not hesitate to throw leather and throw it well, he also has a better chin then every above mentioned fighter. Rampage will win and win very convinicing manner. Rampage 3rd round Tko.
    GREAT POST MN_Fighter!! But you didnt have to talk to me like I was retarded though I've been a MMA fan for quite some time.. Seems like your pretty hugged up on Rampage's balls though,, I would hate to see you swallow your own words.. actually it would be quite funny May the best man win!! Chuck!

About time Chuck is in the lead with votes. My goodness I thought I was in a forum full of momo's...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bologna
    About time Chuck is in the lead with votes. My goodness I thought I was in a forum full of momo's...

I KNOW HUN!!! I cant imagine WHY people would think Rampage is going to kick Chucks ass!! That is just crazy talk!!

Signed,

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bologna
    What the fuk is a momo?

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogamedogz
    I KNOW HUN!!! I cant imagine WHY people would think Rampage is going to kick Chucks ass!! That is just crazy talk!!

Signed,

we need a good gif image of there first fight

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Bo Dre
    GREAT POST MN_Fighter!! But you didnt have to talk to me like I was retarded though I've been a MMA fan for quite some time.. Seems like your pretty hugged up on Rampage's balls though,, I would hate to see you swallow your own words.. actually it would be quite funny May the best man win!! Chuck!
    Umm I am not a huge Rampage fan or chuck fan but its pretty common sense. You really cant even post a reason for why chuck will win. If Rampage and shogun where fighting I would go through and give you just as long as a explanation on why I think Shogun would win and if Shogun and Arona has a rematch I would go through and give the reasons why I believe Arona would win that rematch. I am a more of team quest fan so if you want to accuse me of being a nut hugger get the right group of guys at least.

nalbano34 is offline Member
    You guys are funny.

shit please ...who said chuck can't strike...he's got the best hands in ufc as well the most feared...chuck is a different fighter now...and has proved it.

odix is offline Member
    fedor eat chuck and spit him out. then eat the remains he spit out. that's off topic though..too bad FEDOR is going to fight for BODOG.

Quote Originally Posted by odix
    fedor eat chuck and spit him out. then eat the remains he spit out. that's off topic though..too bad FEDOR is going to fight for BODOG.
    hes not fighting for no one yet. i think he is waiting til all the offers are on the table. i also hear he is doing a part in a van damme movie

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Ok I want you to read this real close. Styles make fights, you still with me?. The gameplan to beat chuck is very simple, still following? Chuck has a very long reach for his heigth and throws that over hand right, however chuck needs distance to throw it. To beat chuck you get within that range and his biggest weapon is gone. Everytime chuck steps back you step forward one he steps back to his left you step forward to your right, you following. Second part of the game plan, push the pace of the fight. Chucks cardio is not improved the only difference is no one has really pushed the pace causing chuck to gas. The final part of the game plan after you have gassed him you take him down and finish him on the ground. I hope you got all that. Now a fighter to beat chuck needs good strike defense, Rampage has some of the best strike defense in the game. His weakness is the clinch(muay thai) he has no reason to worry about that against chuck. You need a good chin, Rampage has one of the best chins. He took a huge hook from Silva and stayed on his feet, then ate something like 22 knees before finally being knocked out. A good athlete can make chuck look bad. Rampage is a very athletic, one of the most athletically gifted fighters in the game.

Strength:Rampage; look at the Arona bomb
    Striking: Chuck may hit harder but Rampage is much more techinical and displined striker. Slight edge to Rampage.
    Cardio:Rampage
    Subs: Does not apply to either
    Wrestling: defensive wrestling to Chuck and offensive to Rampage; Pretty even here

Now after reading that once or twice your probably going to say that fight was four years ago and Rampage has lost 3 times and Chuck has gone on a tear, but hold onto your shorts becouse I am gonna explain why you should not type that, so take your finger off the enter key. Well Rampage lost to Shogun and Silva x 2. Both had a clinch game, incredible clinch game to say the least. Chuck has gone on to beat a older Couture x 2 who was having alot of personal problems and was a older then the first fight(where he made chuck look like a little girl). He then beat Vernon white, simply who gives a f*ck its Vernon White. Babalu, who is very good but came in with a horrible gameplan. Ahhh Tito Ortiz x 2 good fighter but simply does not like to get hit and lack the chin and wrestling to beat Chuck. Jeremy Horn he also beat. Now lets look at something all these fighters have in common besides Vernon White. They are all grapplers. Rampage maybe more of a ground and pound fighter but unlike above the fighters he does not hesitate to throw leather and throw it well, he also has a better chin then every above mentioned fighter. Rampage will win and win very convinicing manner. Rampage 3rd round Tko.
    Having a game plan and being able to execute it are two very different things..........although I am leaning towards Rampage as well. If Chuck beats him, will you rescind all of your "UFC is hyped" rhetoric?

Were you hoping that fedor would cut down to 205lbs?

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31
    What the fuk is a momo?
    I think that its a racial slur......

Actually,
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=momo
    MOMO

A generic insult used to describe one who is irritating, annoying, or an idiot. (synonyms include but are not limited too: ass, asshole, bastard, bitch, blockhead, bonehead, cocksucker, dick, dickhead, dolt, dope, dunce, fool, halfwit, idiot, imbecile, jackass, jerk, mother-****er, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, numskull, rascal, scamp, schmo, schmuck, simpleton, son of a bitch, tomfool, twerp)

goose is offline Banned
    I still think if chuck can keep it standing he has a chance for sure.

i just rewatched there first fight and i gotta say quinton looked really good standing. better than i remember actually

Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    Having a game plan and being able to execute it are two very different things..........although I am leaning towards Rampage as well. If Chuck beats him, will you rescind all of your "UFC is hyped" rhetoric?
    I have never said the ufc is hyped. I gave my reasons for why I believe Rampage will win. Penn fights for the ufc and I would tell you he would mop the floor with gomi(again) if they fought at 160. I am unbiased towards orgs. I simply think Rampage will beat chuck. Your also right executing a gameplan is different from having one but Rampage has beat him once already and beat him badly. Couture is also picking Rampage to win. So dont come in saying I favor pride fighters. I simply call it as I see it.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I still think if chuck can keep it standing he has a chance for sure.

He will stand and back peddle when Rampage gets in his face, Chuck's gonna think "Why did they put me against someone that can strike, i am supposed to fight wrestlers." haha
    ***No source checks!!!***

odix is offline Member
    exactly, everytime chuck back peddles no one keeps the pressure on him, quinton does this very well.

I have never said the ufc is hyped. I gave my reasons for why I believe Rampage will win. Penn fights for the ufc and I would tell you he would mop the floor with gomi(again) if they fought at 160. I am unbiased towards orgs. I simply think Rampage will beat chuck. Your also right executing a gameplan is different from having one but Rampage has beat him once already and beat him badly. Couture is also picking Rampage to win. So dont come in saying I favor pride fighters. I simply call it as I see it.
    Did you call the Cro Cop fight as well? As I said, I am leaning towards Rampage as well in this fight for the simple fact that Liddle has not been pushed by an opponent for a long time.
    Last edited by Logan13; 05-03-2007 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    Did you call the Cro Cop fight as well? As I said, I am leaning towards Rampage as well in this fight for the simple fact that Liddle has not been pushed by an opponent for a long time.
    Was the crocop fight not a huge upset? I dont favor any org nor do I turn it into a pride vs ufc. I would tell you right now penn would run through gomi. I would tell you sean sherk has a chance to beat any 155/160 pounder in the world. I would tell you matt hughes is one of the best fighters of all time. My 2 fav fighters are couture and lindland for christs sake. I dont favor pride peroid. Simply Page is gonna whoop chucks as.

goose is offline Banned
    He will stand and back peddle when Rampage gets in his face, Chuck's gonna think "Why did they put me against someone that can strike, i am supposed to fight wrestlers." haha

Remember what randy said about chuck...He has magnificent pin point accuracy shots that makes him deadly,rampage is red hot for me..But you have to consider this.

BG

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by godkilla
    i just rewatched there first fight and i gotta say quinton looked really good standing. better than i remember actually
    Long time ago, Rampage's days are numbered, he and Tito will be gate keepers at their best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Long time ago, Rampage's days are numbered, he and Tito will be gate keepers at their best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    your mentioning tito and rampage in the same sentence? bwhahahahahaha

BG
    your mentioning tito and rampage in the same sentence? bwhahahahahaha

your in for a big disapointment if you think this is gonna be another tito vs liddel. bring some tissues, lol.

BG
    your in for a big disapointment if you think this is gonna be another tito vs liddel. bring some tissues, lol.
    Rampage is gonna need a wambalance after this one, he's gonna look real bad, maybe they can give him a commentator job now Randys back fighting, Rampage will be the next Charles Barkley....with his stupid comments about when he used to win fights.

odix is offline Member
    lol, bigguns i think your shooting blanks, rampage is going to blow a load on chucks face.

BG
    lol, bigguns i think your shooting blanks, rampage is going to blow a load on chucks face.
    Come on man , I have a vivid amagination, not a pretty sight. How about we make a little wager, the winner gets to pick the losers custom title and it stays for 3 weeks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information