View Poll Results: Who holds the belt after UFC 72?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chuck "The ICEMAN" Liddell

46 56.10%
  • Quinton "RAMPAGE" Jackson

36 43.90%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    testisbest is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    First of all chucks came from chucks camp he was injured there was no official injury report i.e like penn and his ribs during the matt hughes rematch. Now Arona pulled out of adcc becouse of how bad the dengue was and it was also documented by sherdog. its not an excuse, Chuck has no proof he was injured and why was there no injury report.
    Excuse or not, Chuck and Arona both got their asses kicked. I'm sticking to my guns here and still don't think Pride's MW's are as good as ya'll think but only time will tell.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Stop with the bullshit already ........... People win and people lose ....... stop making excuses on why they lost, why they won, or why they'll win or lose if they fight again.

Every has an opinion ... and everyone thinks that they're opinion is the right one.

The fact of the matter is we're just fans ... we're not the guys in the cage/ring trying to knock the other guy's head off ... maybe some day some of us will be ... but is there really a point in going back and forth over who has the better fighters and blah blah blah ?

I don't know why some of you guys get so worked up over this shit. Instead of sitting here arguing, take that passion into the gym and turn it into something positive.

Go roll for a few rounds. Go kick the heavy bag.

Embrace MMA as a whole ... let's drop this pride/ufc bullshit already.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by rar1015
    You can call me a UFC nuthugger all you want pal. I havent sat here saying a damn thing about how "awesome" the tuf show is or how much better the UFC is than pride. I'm not going to sit here and get into a stupid ass pissing match with people i dont even know nor care to ever meet about something so stupid.
    It was a joke that is why I used both pride and ufc saying I am not a nuthugger of either. It was a joke. Also it was a joke aimed at myself.
    Last edited by Hunter; 05-10-2007 at 06:52 PM.

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    It was a joke that is why I used both pride and ufc saying I am not a nuthugger of either. It was a joke. Also it was a joke aimed at myself.

I know man I was just messing with you!

odix is offline Member
    i just got done watching the boxing match between dela hoya and maywhether....the whole time i was thinking about how mma is 100x more exciting.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by odix
    i just got done watching the boxing match between dela hoya and maywhether....the whole time i was thinking about how mma is 100x more exciting.
    i only heard about it and thought; "yay! two men pawing at eachother for 12 rnds." this fight was suppose to save boxing apparently or something like that.......

Quote Originally Posted by godkilla
    i only heard about it and thought; "yay! two men pawing at eachother for 12 rnds." this fight was suppose to save boxing apparently or something like that.......
    I dont think there is anything else they can do to save boxing.

Floyd is very defensive and has sniper like precision he is just not an exciting fighter but I am in ahhh of his talent.

Geezy is offline Associate Member
    Rampage ftw, I like chuck but I think Rampage has his #.

And I hate Floyd's stupid mouth but I think his striking skill is second to none.
    Last edited by Geezy; 05-14-2007 at 11:03 AM.

boxing is way too defensive nowadays. its like they are scared to get hit or something. floyd maybe be a "sniper", but i would still rather watch someone like don frye stand toe to toe and slug it out instead of floyd dancing around dodging punches for 12 rnds.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    You raise a good point he fought overeem, metzer, belfort all three very good strikers and he knoocked two of them out. I would recommend you go look at his fight with metzger. Metzger made chuck look real real bad, chuck then hit him and knocked him out, but up to the knock out he made chuck look real bad. Overeem had chuck shooting on him before he knocked him out. Belfort went toe to toe with him and tried to steal the final round by blindly training with chuck and got put on his ass. Many people feel that Busta was robbed in the fight(i cant say never seen it). Both pele and sueluv are very good strikers and considerably smaller then chuck and they went the distance with him vernon white(b level fighter) even did alright against chuck. I mean when you fight three strikers who are natural 205 and against two of them you dont look very good, I am going to have doubts when you fight another striker. The biggest difference between metzger and overeem compared to Quinton is there chin. Metzger great fighter glass chin, overeem good fighter average chin. Quinton great fighter great chin. Now I am not pride fan ufc fan strikeforce fan. I am simply an mma fan. I dont hate chuck in fact I would give him a top 3 spot in the rankings. I simply have been watching for a long time and know what chuck does best and that is make grapplers look very very bad most of the time. Am I saying chuck cant strike or knock out any 205 pound fighter out? No, I am saying traditionally he has struggled with strikers and ended up relying 100% on his knock out power and chin.
    I hear ya. I always liked Metzger, loved his kicks, Wandy took it to him so bad. I cant wait to see this fight, soooo much hype!

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member

Yeah, watching Tim Sylva or Andrei Arloski fight is much more exciting. Or maybe its more exciting like the final fight on TUF last week.

I don't know why MMA guys feel the need to bash boxing to justify MMA being better. They are too different sports and for every exciting fight in MMA there are actually boxing matches that are just as exciting. Just like for every boring boxing match, I've seen just as many boring MMA fights.

They are both great sports and one doesn't need to diminish the other in order to justify the other's dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31
    Yeah, watching Tim Sylva or Andrei Arloski fight is much more exciting. Or maybe its more exciting like the final fight on TUF last week.

I don't know why MMA guys feel the need to bash boxing to justify MMA being better. They are too different sports and for every exciting fight in MMA there are actually boxing matches that are just as exciting. Just like for every boring boxing match, I've seen just as many boring MMA fights.

They are both great sports and one doesn't need to diminish the other in order to justify the other's dominance.
    excellent post, two different sports both breed warriors.

odix is offline Member
    I'm not bashing boxing, boxing just seems old school to me, something my dad was into and im the new generation. It just is boring, ever since tyson left I have yet to watch a fight with explosiveness, never knowing when someone is going to going ****ed up and fall to the floor. Sure there is good battles in boxing, but mma is just generally more exciting to me, im sure 8 out of 10 agree who watch mma, there is just much more skill involved in mma all around and two many different ways to take down your opponent, boxing with the big gloves and shorts pulled up just looks old school to me for some reason. MMA will overtake boxing in the next few years, I mean, who else in boxing around still has a name for themselves? Who where and when is the next champion breed going to be developed ? I'm sick of waiting. I love boxing, but i thought tyson biting holyfields ear was more exciting then that fight. nuff said.

odix is offline Member
    bump.

Saunacrank is offline Associate Member
    Chuck's gonna beat Jackson's ass, or Im gonna go in a corner and cry, just like I did when the suns lost

odix is offline Member
    ya can't believe the suns lost..total bullshit.. honestly I WANT CHUCK to win so he can have the self assurance that everyone who beat him he beat back, but rampage is just badass.

Ladies Man is offline Junior Member
    Listen Mn fighter i disagree with one thing, NEVER step forwardwhile chuck is throwing he will knock your lights out

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladies Man
    Listen Mn fighter i disagree with one thing, NEVER step forwardwhile chuck is throwing he will knock your lights out

You are in for a surprise come Saturday, cause Rampage is gonna be in his face all night.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Not that i really care about this that much but does anyone know who they are saying the underdog is going into this fight? I would assume with how the UFC is they are saying its Rampage but I was just wondering.

odix is offline Member
    they say rampage is but no way..and the dude that said if you rush chuck you get knocked out..do you watch chucks fights? LOL If you rush him he just back paddles like a bitch..staying in his face and taking him to the ground is the best way to beat him.

D-Bo Dre is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    You are in for a surprise come Saturday, cause Rampage is gonna be in his face all night.
    Hey murilo, will u be changing that pic if, and when chuck wins on saturday??

they say rampage is but no way..and the dude that said if you rush chuck you get knocked out..do you watch chucks fights? LOL If you rush him he just back paddles like a bitch..staying in his face and taking him to the ground is the best way to beat him.
    You pretty much hit that one right on the money my friend.

I just made a bet on this fight for $100, i think i might lose.

i just bet 100 on page also. i figure at +165 its a good bet. i wish i coulda bet when he was over +200

i just bet 100 on page also. i figure at +165 its a good bet. i wish i coulda bet when he was over +200
    I put my money on Chuck but i kinda wish i wouldnt have.

odix is offline Member
    BIG GUNS WHERE YOU AT BRO HAHA FIRST ROUND WITH THE OVERHAND JUST LIKE CHUCK LIKES TO THROW. SUCKERS. i knew chuck couldnt handle rampage, rampages character is awesome for the ufc too, hes funny and he can sell tickets. Dan Henderson is going to knock rampage out though.

odix is offline Member
    o and i put put 2 hundo on rampage and got 560 back, 30 on leben losing and won a bill. what a nice night.

who else thinks karisyan has awesome skill but lacks motivation?

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladies Man
    You're gonna have to seriously rethink this one...

Quil is offline Member
    o and i put put 2 hundo on rampage and got 560 back, 30 on leben losing and won a bill. what a nice night.

who else thinks karisyan has awesome skill but lacks motivation?
    I don't know, he looked pretty motivated last night to me...striking looked better than ever.

Damn i sound good and right on in my analysis of this matchup.

I need to fill out an application for this shit.

jbarkley is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Damn i sound good and right on in my analysis of this matchup.

I need to fill out an application for this shit.
    The only part you missed was Jackson being in Chuck's face all night...I think it was like 40 seconds.....

well that puts that to rest.
    lesson learned; always bet on black

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    BIG GUNS WHERE YOU AT BRO HAHA FIRST ROUND WITH THE OVERHAND JUST LIKE CHUCK LIKES TO THROW. SUCKERS. i knew chuck couldnt handle rampage, rampages character is awesome for the ufc too, hes funny and he can sell tickets. Dan Henderson is going to knock rampage out though.
    You were right, he deserved that, sloppiest shit I've seen since his fat belly at weigh ins. I just cant believe being champion and that being his whole life he still would throw punch's with his hands down.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    You were right, he deserved that, sloppiest shit I've seen since his fat belly at weigh ins. I just cant believe being champion and that being his whole life he still would throw punch's with his hands down.

Just a bad habit he developed IMO because everyone of his other opponents would cover up and back away. Rampage obviously covered/rolled and came up with a right hook to the jaw. Flawless victory!

testisbest is offline Senior Member
    Congrats to Rampage for his victory. He deserves to wear that belt because he's got it on with the best win or lose. Chuck looked sloppy and got what's been coming to him. Can't wait to see Wandy vs Chuck.

its chuck after the rampage fight

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information