Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Opinions on best MMA fight promoter

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22 View Post
    End of an era boys! I was never that big of a fan of Silva, so for Silva fans I am sure that one hurts. I recall when Fedor finally lost. I was crushed, lol. Although I was not a huge fan of his, I didn't really dislike him either. I sure as hell respected his talent and accomplishments though. He is the greatest fighter of all time, but now it is time for the new generation of fighters to reign. Only GSP remains on top from the last generation.

There goes any possibility of a superfight though.
    Until he faces Hendricks

-Beast Mode-

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am embarrassed for Silva. He was acting like an utter fool. I am glad he got knocked out and now hopefully he will come back to reality.
    Props to weid for keeping his guard up and gm plan.

I believe gsp will lose to Hendricks. The guy is to powerful with his hands. He only needs to connect onc3 and he has 5 rounds to accomplish this. Assuming he doesnt gas out

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by gearbox
    I am embarrassed for Silva. He was acting like an utter fool. I am glad he got knocked out and now hopefully he will come back to reality.
    Props to weid for keeping his guard up and gm plan.

I believe gsp will lose to Hendricks. The guy is to powerful with his hands. He only needs to connect onc3 and he has 5 rounds to accomplish this. Assuming he doesnt gas out

I hope people understand that he gave the belt way, he didn't lose it.

P.s. little fun fact. Anderson never let anyone hold his belt before this fight. This time in pictures Anderson and chris both held it. "Foreshadowing at its best"

pawn master is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by t-dogg View Post
    I hope people understand that he gave the belt way, he didn't lose it.

P.s. little fun fact. Anderson never let anyone hold his belt before this fight. This time in pictures Anderson and chris both held it. "Foreshadowing at its best"
    I agree that UFC might just have done Don King on us last night. Kind of looked like Silva took a dive to me. This fight had a Guaranteed rematch by Dana before it started. Wondering if this was just a huge pay day myself. I hope not. I will be paying very close attention to the next set of crap coming out of the mouths of UFC for the next little while. Lately it seems a lot of decisions have also gone to what is best money wise for the UFC.

# Not another f**cking Mcmahon

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    At first I kinda thought it was thrown, thinking back Anderson has a good chin. But he took some real good shots in that first round, if you watch it again, many were very solid. When he got up after the gnp he was very tired, that wasnt an act at first, then he started clowning around after taking the break between rounds.

I just think he has to much pride to take a dive, he's a national hero, he couldnt walk around his home town anymore. I did look suspect but after seeing the replay from the side, not the original view, he took 3 identical shots and that last one was hard and right on the money. A real good jaw shot, especially after being softened up will put anybody down.

On another note, I dont think Dana White would even think of doing anything like that. Imagine if it came out what boxing would say? They make insane money, month after month...year after year....more and more. Theres no need for it.

In the end I think Anderson got softened up in the first round and got caught clowning around in the second....he got what we all know he deserved...KTFO !

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by pawn master

I agree that UFC might just have done Don King on us last night. Kind of looked like Silva took a dive to me. This fight had a Guaranteed rematch by Dana before it started. Wondering if this was just a huge pay day myself. I hope not. I will be paying very close attention to the next set of crap coming out of the mouths of UFC for the next little while. Lately it seems a lot of decisions have also gone to what is best money wise for the UFC.

# Not another f**cking Mcmahon
    I don't think the UFC told him to take a dive at all. I just think Anderson didn't want it anymore. What better way to do it lol. Everyone should watch his documentary "like water" .

I highly dout he will return.

it looked weird at first....kinda of like a grazed shot....but seeing the replay..it was a well placed one and even the stop looked early....until you saw the replay and hhe was out after the first shot after he hit the ground....kudos to the ref...for once

Silva definitely did not throw the fight....he does what he does in mostly all his matches and this time he was goin against someone who 1. was more than capable of beating him and 2. didnt let it phase him..

the first round was gonna determine who was gonna win IMO...and after he took him down and and exposed him I knew he was gonna win...good fight....good card

-Beast Mode-

DB1982 is offline Member
    Honestly its terrible as a Huge a MMA fan. That the fight played out the way it did.

We all know Silva is WAY better then what we saw last night.
    Yes Silva always taughts but rarely ever do we see him goof off.
    Its just sucks that most of us didn't get to see the fight we thought we'd see, and I don't mean Silva winning . I mean everyone figured we enjoy a war. Not a playground fight.

Yes that's because Weidman is a good fighter but mostly because Silva was acting an ass and got exactly what he deserved.
    Now having said that I don't believe Weidman is a better fighter than Silva.
    Weidman was just lucky enough to fight an overconfident cocky Silva.

Its just seems Silva has lost the Hunger to be a Champion. Especially since all he's been talking about as of late is him wanting to fight Roy Jones Jr.

How do you go in to a fight against Weidman thinking about fighting a old Boxer??
    And we all know that Dana White would never allow his middleweight Champ to fight a washed up boxer with a punchers chance of making a mockery of MMA.

But now the the title is out of the picture. Dana white is saying it could happen. Hmmmm

This isn't the 1st time Silva has asked to fight Roy Jones Jr either. Silva asked Dana for the fight around 4yrs ago. But Dana said hell no. Like he again did this time.
    But now the title is out the picture Dana said he's warming up to the idea. Hmm

Was this Silva's plan the whole time?
    Maybe that's why he doesn't want a rematch?
    One thing is for sure Dana will be pushing for an rematch because of the money potential.
    So what I believe happens is Silva agrees to a rematch after he gets the fight he's been asking for for years.
    Last edited by DB1982; 07-07-2013 at 09:13 AM.

BG
    ^^^ That would be great if he did rematch and fought 100%, we do deserve that. He kinda left it open how "he didnt fight hard or take it seriously", thats so shitty.

Why would he want to lose a fight like that before fighting Jones? Maybe so Jones would under estimate him, make Dana mad. Im not sure of the logic?\.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    I wish WarMachine was till an active member. Quite a colorful real life character btw but man his input after these fights was always awesome, as our others, but he has a matter of fact way of laying it out there I miss around here.
    BG likes this.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    I wish WarMachine was till an active member. Quite a colorful real life character btw but man his input after these fights was always awesome, as our others, but he has a matter of fact way of laying it out there I miss around here.
    He was a top notch for sure !! Wasnt he part of the Nogera(SP) team?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    He was a top notch for sure !! Wasnt he part of the Nogera(SP) team?
    Yes. Then a myriad of personal issues etc that its not my place to put out there but not to hard to find either. At any rate I miss him around here.

silva got way to cock and paid the price for it. We cant take anything he says immediately after the fight. give it a chance to soak in and we will see where this goes.
    My first thought was now he lost he doesn't have to worry about fighting jones and he gets a big money rematch and then another after beating Weidman like he should of. Sounds like a huge two fight deal. Especially when he said I do not want a rematch. You know everyone that watch UFC wants to see a rematch.

silva got way to cock and paid the price for it. We cant take anything he says immediately after the fight. give it a chance to soak in and we will see where this goes.
    My first thought was now he lost he doesn't have to worry about fighting jones and he gets a big money rematch and then another after beating Weidman like he should of. Sounds like a huge two fight deal. Especially when he said I do not want a rematch. You know everyone that watch UFC wants to see a rematch.
    http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publ...l#.UdnIjLu9KK1

I watched this fight over and over today and the one right he takes after dodging the first 2 seemed to hit him and it looks like his eyes start to roll back but the shots on the ground did not even connect. Seems real fishy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by pawn master View Post
    I watched this fight over and over today and the one right he takes after dodging the first 2 seemed to hit him and it looks like his eyes start to roll back but the shots on the ground did not even connect. Seems real fishy to me.
    eyes rolled back after left hook....and first right punch on the ground KO'd him....the other punches didnt land

-Beast Mode-

The whole fight was a joke. Not sure what anderson was doing or his game plan for losing. But Anderson didnt go in the cage trying to win.

The whole fight was a joke. Not sure what anderson was doing or his game plan for losing. But Anderson didnt go in the cage trying to win.
    I'm very curious as to how this will turn out in the next few months.

Silva says he is leaning towards retiring, which adds more fuel to the fire. There's a lot of unhappy fans every where.

Blog Entries
    Silva says he is leaning towards retiring, which adds more fuel to the fire. There's a lot of unhappy fans every where.
    True but you know what I can see it. I mean hell what has the guy not accomplished? Even though he isnt a billionaire (millionare im sure) he is living like one in brazil, national hero, loaded, worked his ass of in the fighting game for how many years/ Good for him if he does. I dont care for him, but should he not step in the cage again his elite legacy is already cemented.

Quote Originally Posted by pawn master
    Dana white just said rematch should be at UFC 168 in December. If Anderson agrees.

That's what Dana wants but in the post fight Silva looked and acted like he was retiring saying he wants 4 months to think about it and spend with his family. That would put us to Oct. then 2 months to train, I guess it could happen I am waiting to hear the announcement that he is done. I would bet on it! If he just came out and retired now it would really look bad.

Dana white just said rematch should be at UFC 168 in December. If Anderson agrees.
    Interesting that dana thinks he wants to fight again. I know one thing is Silva is money hungry. Yes he has a lot but he wants more which I am curious to think he lost so they can do the 2 more fights after if he won then its gsp jones talk again.
    But i still have3 trouble thinking he lost on purpose.
    I too watched the fight over and over again and he was acting so out of character, even for him.

Interesting that dana thinks he wants to fight again. I know one thing is Silva is money hungry. Yes he has a lot but he wants more which I am curious to think he lost so they can do the 2 more fights after if he won then its gsp jones talk again.
    But i still have3 trouble thinking he lost on purpose.
    I too watched the fight over and over again and he was acting so out of character, even for him.
    There's video of him saying a perfect ending would be him lossing and being knocked out.

There's video of him saying a perfect ending would be him lossing and being knocked out.
    This is all interesting and shocking. I bet money he will accept a rematch

This is all interesting and shocking. I bet money he will accept a rematch
    Anderson wants the rematch in February.

BG
    Anderson wants the rematch in February.
    Has he spoke anymore about the fight? Not just fight after the fight?

Quote Originally Posted by BG
    Has he spoke anymore about the fight? Not just fight after the fight?
    Not that I've seen nor heard.

Doom44 is offline Member
    I thought he said he don't want a rematch nor fight for champion anymore?

Its all about hype

fighting4life is offline New Member
    I know personally for a fact that Silva wasn't very pleased with the amount of money he has been getting it's not as much as a lot of people think.

DB1982 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fighting4life View Post
    I know personally for a fact that Silva wasn't very pleased with the amount of money he has been getting it's not as much as a lot of people think.

He made $600,000 just to show up. Another $200,000 if he would have won.

Plus that doesn't include any PPV sharing profits or any sponsors he may have.

Quote Originally Posted by DB1982 View Post

this is what I was gonna point out...yeh theres training fees and this and that....but the guy has plenty of money

-Beast Mode-

Quote Originally Posted by Doom44
    I thought he said he don't want a rematch nor fight for champion anymore?
    He makes bank. Now he wants to fight before the years end.

That's not much when your considered p4p the best in the sport man. Like I said I personally know he was not happy with the amount of money he was getting. But I will agree there is some major cash in the PPV bonus
    Last edited by fighting4life; 07-10-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Plus when you consider he fights twice a year and what boxers get for a much less popular sport. 1.2 million is nice but after tax and all that he's lucky he lives in Brazil where its a lot cheaper. He must make bank on endorsements too.

DB1982 is offline Member
    Plus when you consider he fights twice a year and what boxers get for a much less popular sport. 1.2 million is nice but after tax and all that he's lucky he lives in Brazil where its a lot cheaper. He must make bank on endorsements too.
    Boxing is way more popular. MMA is still in its infancy.
    Let's not forget how corrupt boxing is because of money.
    Also in boxing PPV normally only the star in the main events gets big money.

Besides in my eyes he makes plenty. I work HARD all year for a fraction of what he makes in 30mins.
    So yes while he doesn't make 10s of millions per fight he still pulls in millions each time he walks in the cage.

Boxing is way more popular. MMA is still in its infancy.
    Let's not forget how corrupt boxing is because of money.
    Also in boxing PPV normally only the star in the main events gets big money.

Besides in my eyes he makes plenty. I work HARD all year for a fraction of what he makes in 30mins.
    So yes while he doesn't make 10s of millions per fight he still pulls in millions each time he walks in the cage.

Keyword there in your eyes and probably many other peoples eyes as well.

BG

I would have thought he would make more then that, many others have.

DB1982 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    I would have thought he would make more then that, many others have.
    You have to understand these are only the numbers the UFC reports. As a Privately owned company The UFC doesn't have foreclose profits or payouts.

This is only the minimum payout for Silva it doesn't include Silva PPV sharing Profit.

So all said and done i'd venture to say Silva makes 2-3+ million per fight.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information