BigD is offline Associate Member

Is this Diet good for Cutting???

My Stats: 6' 210lbs ~20-23% BF
    My Goal: To lower BF while maintaining as much muscle as possible
    My Diet:
    7:00am - 10 Egg whites, 1 cup skim milk
    10:00am - Protein shake (2 Scoops Isopure, 1 banana, 10g Glutamine)
    1:00pm - 1 Chicken Breast, 1/2 cup rice (usually Spanish rice mix), 1/2 cup vegetable (usually corn)
    4:00pm - Protein shake (same thing as 10:00am)
    7:00pm - 1 Chicken Breast, 1/2cup vegetable
    9:00pm - Myoplex ready drink protein shake

By my calculations that equals:
    243g Protein, 119g Carb, 18g Fat, 1576 Calories

Is this diet good for my goal, to extreme, or totally sucks??? Any input welcome.

If you need any other info as well let me know.

xenithon is offline Member
    Well, I personally think that's way too little calories. Something like 7 x bodyweight. I think it should be minimum of about 10, even when cutting. I see you are going high protein, moderate - low carb. My suggestion is up the fat intake to about 30-40g. Maybe get in 10-15g flax spread out throughout the day. Now to get to some details

1. I cant really see about 120g carbs. I see about 80g IMO.
    2. If that is the case, maybe up the carbs by having good complex carbs in the morning, to give you energy for the day. My suggstion = bowl of oats, about 30g carbs.
    3. I also dont see 240+g protein. How much is in 2 isopure scoops? I calculate around 200g max.
    4. I wouldnt have myoplex RTD AT ALL!! Why? check the label - If i remember correctly its 20g carbs of which 16g is sugars! Not the best when cutting and ESPECIALLY not at night.

I hope these dont seem too harsh a criticism

Altogether if you get the meals to a state where you are getting in those calorie and ratio breakdowns it leaks real good - only change should be upping fat. My summary:

get 250-300g protein, 100-150g carbs, 30-40g fats, and change that last meal to a pure protein without any carbs or sugars, and you will definitely be on track. PS - I suggested upping your calories due to personal experience, I also cut calories to very low and lost a fair amount of muscle, but upped it properly and now am leaning out real well with little/no muscle loss.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Awesome post Xen.

I would also suggest ditching the isopure BESIDES post workout meal . That is 100% WPI(whey protein isolate). Those amino acids are assimilated into the muscles so fast that all will be gone within an hour. Go for a casein based shake, or one that mixes different types of proteins. Either that or say screw the powder and get yourself some beef.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Are their any MRPs that use carbs totally made from oats

true dat PaPa - wasnt sure if isopure was pure whey or a blend. replace the shakes with real food, but I would suggest a protein blend for just before bed. Take a serving of something which is a blend of whey, casein, soy, egg. Cause they break down at different rates, it acts like a time-released system almost, to keep a positive amino acid pool in your system for the night. Also, to help lengthen the absorption time have some flax oil with that late night shake. it should also keep you from waking up at 03:00 cause of those bloody hunger pangs

BigD is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the response guys.

The only reason I was taking the myoplex ready drink was because I had a box of them as was just trying to bump up the protein a little, however they are the low cab kind they only have 2 or 4 grams.

I always took the Isopure because I though Whey was the best protein, also it was 0 carbs and i liked the taste. I wish I could replace the shakes with actual food but being at work all day i dont have time.

I try adding some flax to the diet. So far the diet has been working for me but i've hit a sticking point and wanted to double check to see if I was messing up.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    yep.. nothing to add, just need more calories.

well, if its the low carb type then it maybe ok, but when the box is done get yourself a good protein blend. I think many ready to drink proteins have stuff in there to preserve which is not that great for you, rather mixup a fresh shake. Also - whey is the highest BV, meaning its used most efficiently and quickly by the body. Good postworkout, but during the day your amino stores will deplete too quickly, and most of the protein will pass thru system without being absorbed.

Last hint, promise

i also had time problems, then I took someones advice (think it was PaPa's if i remember) to take a good 1-2 hrs on a lazy sunday, whip up some chicken, steaks, veges, rice etc. and it lasts me thru the week plus I can take it wherever I go.

VaDeR_1138 is offline New Member

Which shake has all that?

Originally posted by xenithon
    true dat PaPa - wasnt sure if isopure was pure whey or a blend. replace the shakes with real food, but I would suggest a protein blend for just before bed. Take a serving of something which is a blend of whey, casein, soy, egg. Cause they break down at different rates, it acts like a time-released system almost, to keep a positive amino acid pool in your system for the night. Also, to help lengthen the absorption time have some flax oil with that late night shake. it should also keep you from waking up at 03:00 cause of those bloody hunger pangs
    Which shake has a blend of whey, casein, soy, egg. And where can I get it? Thank you in advance.

Thread Information