Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Booze

CENADICT is offline Associate Member

Booze

hey bros..

i have just gone out of a serious relationship and now life will change. What can i do in the weekends..my friends go out and drink like hell which i wont do. Is wine the best choice when u're out with the guys?

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by CENADICT
    hey bros..

i have just gone out of a serious relationship and now life will change. What can i do in the weekends..my friends go out and drink like hell which i wont do. Is wine the best choice when u're out with the guys?
    Seriously. I dont drink, never have, when I go out I drink Diet Coke and if they dont understand then they arnt the kind of friends I want.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    so you wanna drink? well, drink clear hard liquor. bacardi light, gin&tonic (with lemon and lime), vodka&diet coke. ect. ect. just remember clear liquor if you feel you have to drink.

good luck buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Seriously. I dont drink, never have, when I go out I drink Diet Coke and if they dont understand then they arnt the kind of friends I want.

hey kale,

i dont drink coz of my friends. They do what they want to do. I dont give a ****, but IMO u r either out with the guys and drink and have fun. If not i'd rather stay at home coz i hate going out and drinking nothing. I wont be in the mood to have fun. And after a serious relationship its even tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    so you wanna drink? well, drink clear hard liquor. bacardi light, gin&tonic (with lemon and lime), vodka&diet coke. ect. ect. just remember clear liquor if you feel you have to drink.

good luck buddy.
    Shall i lower my food calories when i would be planning to go out and take a couple of drinks? coz i have been told that if a take in a meal before a go out and afterwards take a copule of drinks, body will burn off the alcahol first and then go for the foods...

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Maybe a protein shake because it absorbs quicker and alcohol will eventually slow the absorption of protein. Like nova said, I try to stick with clear liquors and a diet mixer or a few light beers. I'm always hungry after so I usually have lean protein (chicken). Also be sure to consume a lot of water before/during/after.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    hey kale,

i dont drink coz of my friends. They do what they want to do. I dont give a ****, but IMO u r either out with the guys and drink and have fun. If not i'd rather stay at home coz i hate going out and drinking nothing. I wont be in the mood to have fun. And after a serious relationship its even tougher.
    I dont agree bro, Why do you think you have to drink alchahol to have fun

Undecided09 is offline Senior Member
    classic comment from someone who has never drank...Its no fun being around drunk people when ur not drunk. PERIOD.

bcap is offline Member
    I'm breaking away and drinking this Friday too dude, somthing you gotta do every now and then to keep sane - christ i'm only 19 years old gotta enjoy myself too, right

Too much of a good thing is a bad thing, lifting, drinking, dieting heavily, all included...ANything in moderation isn't gonna throw u off track to bad...

raytnorman is offline New Member
    Just the thread for me to ask my liquor question. How bad is whisky for my diet? Everyone says clear liquors with diet mixers. But I like a good aged whisky and water how bad is this for my diet?

Quote Originally Posted by raytnorman
    Just the thread for me to ask my liquor question. How bad is whisky for my diet? Everyone says clear liquors with diet mixers. But I like a good aged whisky and water how bad is this for my diet?
    Depends on your goals and stats. Personally, I don't sweat the extra calories, I'm more concerned with the effects it has on the body i.e. Inhibit protein absorption, decrease test, ect.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    my bros never give me a hard time half of them dont drink to much anyways, most of em have to work on weekends sometimes so we all roll out to the pool halls mostly and play for a few hours only about two or three of us out of 10-12 guys will get hammerd on the weekends, to me its just spending way to much money on shit i dont need, now during B-days weddings, family visits or vacation then i will, booze it up

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Undecided09
    classic comment from someone who has never drank...Its no fun being around drunk people when ur not drunk. PERIOD.
    Too much of a good thing is a bad thing, lifting, drinking, dieting heavily, all included...ANything in moderation isn't gonna throw u off track to bad...
    couldn't have said it better myself

yeas, but i can never just have 1 drink it always turns into 10 ir 12 then im there till last call.

i hear ya steve0

guess its easier said than done

Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    i hear ya steve0

guess its easier said than done

tina were have you been !!!!!!!

drinking!!! haha....i've been a little out of focus lately. trying to get back on track. how'd your photo shoot go?

gio86 is offline Member
    my budy has an athlete training company and one of the guys has his own lab. for some reason in some research that he made it showed that PATRON was the only liquor that didnt store as fat.
    if this is true i dont know but this guy has his own lab and stuff. who knows.
    on the other side tho..alcohol it self does much more damage than just storing as fat.

Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    drinking!!! haha....i've been a little out of focus lately. trying to get back on track. how'd your photo shoot go?

it was great, got some nice cash and a bunch of free T-shirts and swimsuits, but as you whould guess im on another cutting diet, i swear im always staying lean its getting old but i love it regardless..

Quote Originally Posted by gio86
    my budy has an athlete training company and one of the guys has his own lab. for some reason in some research that he made it showed that PATRON was the only liquor that didnt store as fat.
    if this is true i dont know but this guy has his own lab and stuff. who knows.
    on the other side tho..alcohol it self does much more damage than just storing as fat.

patron is exspensive man, rather have some whisky and a few beers

gio86 is offline Member
    true haha just saying...

Steve I know u gotta get bombed when you drink...So, moderation doesn't necessarily mean drinking a little every night, just limiting the times you drink...IMO, if your gonna go out and drink, then get blasted, but moderation to me means like doing that once a week, once every two weeks, etc...its not moderation when ur black out two three times a week, but a good buzz once a week, then a strict diet the rest is nothing to frown at...

Steve I know u gotta get bombed when you drink...So, moderation doesn't necessarily mean drinking a little every night, just limiting the times you drink...IMO, if your gonna go out and drink, then get blasted, but moderation to me means like doing that once a week, once every two weeks, etc...its not moderation when ur black out two three times a week, but a good buzz once a week, then a strict diet the rest is nothing to frown at...

i understand im not bashing anyone for drinking, i was hammerd two weeks ago for a buddies B-day, but i always feel like shit the next day and i dont wanna eat, and it just sets me back in the gym so i steer clear of the booz

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    i understand im not bashing anyone for drinking, i was hammerd two weeks ago for a buddies B-day, but i always feel like shit the next day and i dont wanna eat, and it just sets me back in the gym so i steer clear of the booz
    For some reason I can't stop eating the day after drinking. I guess the solid food makes me feel better.

Yeah dude, some people have that reaction, personally its hard for me to chow after I drink, it makes me sick, I mean i eat to get somethign in me, it helps, but I can't eat according to my normal schedule..

raytnorman is offline New Member
    I eat like a pig after getting a good drink on!!! I’m talking the worse cheat day ever. I don’t know if it is that my ass is still drink, or it makes me feel better. I will eat for every time I have ever had a craving and could not eat.

Yeah dude, some people have that reaction, personally its hard for me to chow after I drink, it makes me sick, I mean i eat to get somethign in me, it helps, but I can't eat according to my normal schedule..
    I can eat a ton after a good night of drinking, but the next day my diet is terrible. Egg whites and oatmeal is the least appetising thing with a hangover. Alcohol has terrible effects on bodybuilding, but I still make gains in the gym if I can limit drinking MODERATELY to one night a week or so.

I think the reason why so many pro-bodybuilders are addicted to painkillers is partly due to the fact that it is one of the better ways to get a buzz without inhibiting gains as bad as drinking.

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    hey kale,

is drinking the only thing you can find to amuse yourself with? is drinking what you consider fun? you know, it's not just you of course, but i personally think it's so sad that though you guys are looking to build/cut up, get in shape, develop your bodies, etc, yet you feel such a dependency to have to drink to have a good time that you do it at the expense of your gains you could get in the gym.

you guys really have to find new things to do when going out. clubs/bars are pointless, cause unless you're trying to pick up girls, all there really is to do is drink. try playing some pool, bowling, rent some jetski's and go hit the water, hit the beach... just find something else to entertain yourself with. seriously look around in the bars and clubs and look at those people. most of them are there cause they really don't have anything else they can think of better to do. they drink, get retarded, act stupid, and it's over.

what is it that you find "fun" about drinking? is it that it helps you lose inhibitions? is it that it makes you feel stupid the next day about what you did the night before? is it that you enjoy throwing up the next day? maybe you like the headaches and other hangover symptoms? you guys really gotta get over your "i need to drink to have a good time" syndromes. stop doing what's socially acceptable and really take a good look at the situation from the outside.

i completely disagree. i've drank in the past and i have no problems being around others when they drink and i don't. also, why the need to have to hang out with people who feel a need to get drunk to have fun? that's just an excuse to let yourself go. oh yea, PERIOD.

Quote Originally Posted by ascendant
    is drinking the only thing you can find to amuse yourself with? is drinking what you consider fun? you know, it's not just you of course, but i personally think it's so sad that though you guys are looking to build/cut up, get in shape, develop your bodies, etc, yet you feel such a dependency to have to drink to have a good time that you do it at the expense of your gains you could get in the gym.

you guys really have to find new things to do when going out. clubs/bars are pointless, cause unless you're trying to pick up girls, all there really is to do is drink. try playing some pool, bowling, rent some jetski's and go hit the water, hit the beach... just find something else to entertain yourself with. seriously look around in the bars and clubs and look at those people. most of them are there cause they really don't have anything else they can think of better to do. they drink, get retarded, act stupid, and it's over.

what is it that you find "fun" about drinking? is it that it helps you lose inhibitions? is it that it makes you feel stupid the next day about what you did the night before? is it that you enjoy throwing up the next day? maybe you like the headaches and other hangover symptoms? you guys really gotta get over your "i need to drink to have a good time" syndromes. stop doing what's socially acceptable and really take a good look at the situation from the outside.

Yea, gettin chics is definitely 95% of the reason for hittin up the club/bar. Wish my girl lived in the same city, I could think of a couple of other activities to occupy myself with. It'd keep me from drinkin and be some QUALITY cardio.

New Phenomena: Sex on an empty stomach. Make sure you don't go above 65%, don't wanna go catabolic

WV1981 is offline New Member
    I know what you mean man. In college I used to drink 3-4 times a week and it was great then because its what we all did. Now though, with my diet and profession I limit my drinking to one night of MODERATE drinking with my boys. I usually drink Gin martinis on the rocks. The rocks is the way to go IMO because you dont walk around with a stupid martini glass. I only have 2 or 3 though. Vodka works as well, but I agree, stay clear.

piepiezzz is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp

good luck buddy.

So that liter of Captain I drink every Saturday is no good, huh??

Quote Originally Posted by ascendant
    i completely disagree. i've drank in the past and i have no problems being around others when they drink and i don't. also, why the need to have to hang out with people who feel a need to get drunk to have fun? that's just an excuse to let yourself go. oh yea, PERIOD.
    Well if you like to be at a bar where everyone is slurring their words and acting like a baffoon and u arent, then I dunno what you consider fun...All im sayin is that when everyone is all "happy go lucky" and saying rediculous shit and muttering things that don't make sense, its really not to fun to be around..unless your wasted too and are just laughing at the rediculousness...And who said you had to drink to have fun?? I don't "have" to drink to have fun, but hey after studying my balls off all finals week, having my future livelihood be determined in how well I perform on my tests, and staying up much later than I would like trying to do it, I think I'm entitled to a cocktail or two? Don't you??

Well if you like to be at a bar where everyone is slurring their words and acting like a baffoon and u arent, then I dunno what you consider fun...All im sayin is that when everyone is all "happy go lucky" and saying rediculous shit and muttering things that don't make sense, its really not to fun to be around..unless your wasted too and are just laughing at the rediculousness...And who said you had to drink to have fun?? I don't "have" to drink to have fun, but hey after studying my balls off all finals week, having my future livelihood be determined in how well I perform on my tests, and staying up much later than I would like trying to do it, I think I'm entitled to a cocktail or two? Don't you??
    Hell no! Go do some squats!! Just playin bro, I'm about to induldge a little myself tonight, cheers.

hey, by all means, you wanna go out and drink, go for it. i don't think that's wrong to do, it just seems as if so many people feel a "need" to do it to enjoy themselves. i just think there's plenty of other ways to go out and have fun without having to get boozed up.

if you occasionally go out and have some drinks and don't feel that's what's necessary to enjoy yourself, then by all means enjoy. but i just read about so many people basically complaining they can't enjoy themselves anymore cause they can't drink while on a cycle, pct, etc as if they're suffering cause they can't drink. that's just not healthy.

also, of course it's not always fun hanging out with people who are drunk when you're not. then again, being drunk isn't always fun either. you could have a good or bad time either way. however, i do find it amusing sometimes to be sober cause when you are, you can actually see how stupid people really act when they're drunk. once you see it from the outside and really observe the scene without being involved in it, it helps to give you a much different perspective on it.

i used to be the biggest partier in my hs. when people wanted to know where the parties were for the weekend, they came to me, cause half the time, i was the one throwing them. however, when i'd go out to party, most the time i'd bring a quart of either skim milk or oj with me. i still enjoyed myself, but i didn't need to drink to do it. don't get me wrong, i would drink off and on, but very rarely cause i didn't feel a need to. my point is though that if drinking is what people feel is "required" to enjoy themselves, they need to reanalyze the situation, which includes the people they hang out with, the places they go, and their overall perspective on things. enjoying yourself shouldn't have to include intoxication, that's all i'm saying.

piepiezzz is offline Associate Member
    I have drank both on and off cycle...........and you know what, I probably would have made more gains if I didn't drink. But on the other hand, I'm 32, married to an NFL cheerleader, and people think I'm a freak at the weights I throw around at 215 lbs.........I'm no pro bodybuilder, and if I didn't enjoy myself here and there, I would probably loath working out because it would be the root of my discontent.......So like someone on here put it before, unless you can make money from this sport, which VERY FEW on here can, anything in moderation is fine.

We are all obseessive to a certain point about our bodies, looks etc. but don't get to the point where you're the intraverted kid in the corner that doesn't talk. Enjoy the body you worked so hard to build. Let loose ever once in awhile........I promise, it won't kill you.

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    PS. Tonic water is not calorie free for those that don't know. Might as well have regular soda in there.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by piepiezzz
    married to an NFL cheerleader

jk. I agree with your post. Moderation is key

Quote Originally Posted by piepiezzz
    I have drank both on and off cycle...........and you know what, I probably would have made more gains if I didn't drink. But on the other hand, I'm 32, married to an NFL cheerleader, and people think I'm a freak at the weights I throw around at 215 lbs.........I'm no pro bodybuilder, and if I didn't enjoy myself here and there, I would probably loath working out because it would be the root of my discontent.......So like someone on here put it before, unless you can make money from this sport, which VERY FEW on here can, anything in moderation is fine.

We are all obseessive to a certain point about our bodies, looks etc. but don't get to the point where you're the intraverted kid in the corner that doesn't talk. Enjoy the body you worked so hard to build. Let loose ever once in awhile........I promise, it won't kill you.
    again though, you're indicating that in order to have a good time, the drinking is necessary. the point i keep trying to get across is that it's very well possible to go out and have fun doing other things than just drinking. if you feel drinking is a necessary component of "letting loose", then that right there is an issue that should be dealt with IMO.

oh, and why the need to mention that you're married to an NFL cheerleader? what does that have to do with this thread or anything about our discussion? oh, what am i saying, i'd brag too if i was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information