Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    toofatbuilder is offline Associate Member

i need a little advice

ok, im 5'11" 275lbs and 21% body fat. im looking to get down to about 8-12% now, i was lookin at just takin steroids to just bulk. i figured, i would build the muscle i want, then cut the weight down. ive been told i should loose the weight before i build muscle. i was looking at those bull crap stacker 2 web site. they have got weight loss pills and such. i dont really trust em though. i was looking at maybe either CLENBUTEROL , CYTOMEL or TRIACANA . you have any suggestions becides a proper diet and excersize? a nice energy booster would help, but i can get that on my own. im looking for something that will help me burn fat like none other. if i can loose about 40lbs id love it. that would bring me down to around 8%.....

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    I promise you that if you get your diet solid and do cardio and weight train properly you will drop that weight. Lay out a diet plan for the members here to help you out with. There is no real pill or drug that is going to be that successful without a solid diet/excersise plan.

ya, im going though some things trying to plan a diet. i know theres no pill or drug thats goin to do it for me. im just looking for assistance. im just not too sure on what my cal intake a day should be. as far as weight training, im very limited. i dont have a weight bench nor will i be able to get one any time soon. i was going to start working out and training with eugene jackson ufc fighter. hes a friend of mine. always pushin me to work out with him....but i moved down to the monterey bay area and hes way to far for me to go. im lacking transpertation right now...so i figured i would just take my dog for a run every day. she would keep me motivated to keep at it. push ups and pull ups..... sit ups and crunches. thats about the extent of things i can do.....

and right now, i drink a lot. i drink about 50-70oz of water a day. for some reason i get dehydrated all the time. im wondering if i lost most of this water weight, how much bulk would be reduced and how i can keep the water weight off....

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    water weight isnt a bad thing unless you are severly bloated. If you drink alot of water chanses are you are not retaining much since you are flushing out most of the sodium out of your system.

I would advice that you first go on a good diet and lose around 20ibs naturaly before you go on any fatburning supplement.

in high school, my first day of wrestling practice i list 15 lbs, 10 lbs the second day. no, i didnt think that a person would carry that much water weight. i cant imagine that i would have lost that much in fat in that short amount of time. im wondering if i had just like 4 hours a day of a hard workout....what would i actually loose. but i would like to assist it with a proper tied. thanks for the advice about the supplements. what do you think about appetite supressors?

and what supplements do you suggest once i loose the initial 20 lbs?

do you mean you lost 25ibs in 2 days without regaining it imidietly?

4 hours/Day workout will kill your body and overtrain you alot. Its not worth even trying imo.

apetite supressors for me always have the side effect that when the effect wears of I get twice as hungry as if I had never taken it in the first place. So I always end up mad hungry in the evening. But if you dont have that problem I dont se why not.

the sups you should focus on first imo is:

potassium, calcium around 1000mg of each
    magnesium around 200mg
    All the b-vitamins
    vitamin c 5-10 grams/day
    cinnamon a teaspoon or so
    r-ala a tab with each carb meal
    good multivitamin, dubble the dosage recomended on the bottle
    zink 45-60mg before bed

after you have lost 20 ibs feel free to experiment with clen , ephedra, yohimbine and so on. But I am one of those that feel that the dangers of clean is worse than the positive effects so I stay away from it.

ya, i didnt gain the weight back until i became unactive again.... about 4 months later. the weight loss after that was only like 2-5lbs a week. so, centrum would pretty much cover a few of those.... the b,c,zink... then just take the rest on their own. whats up with the cinnamon? what does that do?

ephedra is pretty much non existant around here. im from cali.

Quote Originally Posted by toofatbuilder
    ya, i didnt gain the weight back until i became unactive again.... about 4 months later. the weight loss after that was only like 2-5lbs a week. so, centrum would pretty much cover a few of those.... the b,c,zink... then just take the rest on their own. whats up with the cinnamon? what does that do?
    the cinnamon increases insulin sensitivity. Same as r-ala. Chromium might be a good supplement for this aswell but I think doing 3 sups to increase it is a bit overkill since the vitamin c also increase insulin sensitivity.

I have to say that that weightloss sounds extremely wierd and I cant explain it. Any water weight should have returned just about imidietly you drink water again. Il have to let someone else comment on that

ya, im not exactly sure either. my only guess is that i retain a high high amount of water. but thanks for all your advice. im going to start pricing the sups tomorrow..... im goin to sleep now....take it easy bro

good luck and when you got a diet planed out be sure to post it here so everyone can take a look at it

how good is rice when your trying to diet? im not sure exactly what type of foods i should be eating since i read in another post that fruit isnt even advised. what types of food would you suggest....

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    there is a "sample cutting sticky" atop the page with a plan of attack you can alter to fit your diet needs.

ya, i read that one.... its more directed twards already builders who are trying to shed some lbs. not for a general guy like me whos trying to drop weight. theres still a large amount of foods directed twards keeping your muscle build..... im trying to drop 40 lbs in 4-6 weeks

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    I promise you that if you get your diet solid and do cardio and weight train properly you will drop that weight. Lay out a diet plan for the members here to help you out with. There is no real pill or drug that is going to be that successful without a solid diet/excersise plan.

ditto...thats all you need, maybe throw in come caffine here and there to keep you going, but save your money...good luck bro

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    ya, i read that one.... its more directed twards already builders who are trying to shed some lbs. not for a general guy like me whos trying to drop weight. theres still a large amount of foods directed twards keeping your muscle build..... im trying to drop 40 lbs in 4-6 weeks

if you are looking to srop that kind of weight...you can STILL utilize the cutting sticky as a rough guide, and you will need to do around 10-12 hrs of low intensity cardio every week. at least that is what i would do.

right on..... thanks for all the help guys. i just got back from a 2 mile walk with my dog. im tryin to get a treadmil out here. atleast then i can continue on as long as i want and do it safely. the road i live on is about 10 miles long, no room for walking. you get hit out here.... you have any other advice for cardio becides walk, jog, run or jumping jacks?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Do not run or do jumping jacks. My advice is this.

1) A.M. cardio on empty daily for 45 mins. @ 65-75% of your MHR
    2) An impeccable dietary approach
    3) A workout schedule
    4) Lots of water
    5) CONSISTENCY

You didn't add all that fat in 4-5 weeks, so it's not going to come off in that time-frame either. Making this a lifestyle instead of a job is far better and leads to a much higher success rate.

Good luck,

~SC~

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

3) A workout schedule
    4) Lots of water
    5) CONSISTENCY

You didn't add all that fat in 4-5 weeks, so it's not going to come off in that time-frame either. Making this a lifestyle instead of a job is far better and leads to a much higher success rate.

Good luck,

~SC~

AMEN

well, acording to the math on the "sample cutting sticky" i should have my heart at 129 and 138 beats per minute for 45-60 minutes. that sound about right? or should it be at the 75% of that?

Motion is offline Associate Member
    well, acording to the math on the "sample cutting sticky" i should have my heart at 129 and 138 beats per minute for 45-60 minutes. that sound about right? or should it be at the 75% of that?
    Sounds about right. How old are you?

22 years old. another question. so, i should be eating 3395.76 calories to maintain my body weight. with no activity. so, is there a minimum amount of calories i should eat? is there some kind of math i can do to figure how many calories im burning when im walking? thanks for all your help guys.

Motion is offline Associate Member
    22 years old. another question. so, i should be eating 3395.76 calories to maintain my body weight. with no activity. so, is there a minimum amount of calories i should eat? is there some kind of math i can do to figure how many calories im burning when im walking? thanks for all your help guys.
    First thing I would recommend is get yourself a good heart rate monitor since you'll be doing alot of cardio. It will help you monitor your heart rate during cardio and most of them also tell you how many calories your burning.

U are 22? I was thinking mid 30's or 40.

~SC~

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    U are 22? I was thinking mid 30's or 40.

~SC~
    If that's you in your avvy, I was thinking the same thing TFB.

1buffsob

And by the way, I don't think there's any way in hell you're 21% bf. Not trying to flame, but you should be realistic in the pursuit of achieving your goals.

na, im 22. and i got the body fat percentage by the online body fat percentage test. http://www.healthcentral.com/cholest...-2774-143.html

and ya, thats me in my avvy

Bodyfat readings are NEVER accurate, and you are well over 21% in all honesty.

Not a flame or anything remotely close to that, but being that this is my career I can easily see you are much higher.

~SC~

what do you mean by flame? well, what is a more acurate way to find out?

what do you mean by flame? well, what is a more acurate way to find out?
    A flame is an insult. And the best way to figure bf% is to go to a doc/personal trainer and have them perform a caliper test. Unless your local university has a water tank.

From what I can see in your avvy, I'd assume 30-35%bf. But you'd need to post more pics for a more accurate opinion.

You're in the right place. With some hard work and discipline, you'll be in the 10-15% within 6 months. Good luck.

1buffsob

ill have to check out if any dr's around my area would do that... or even a gym. i think they put in a little shitty one about 35 min from here. but damn. 35% thats kinda a kick in the junk. i guess i will have more work then i planed on.... thanks. and no worries. i dont get hurt by insults... bring em on. im a shit talker anyways. its all in good fun and i know you guys are just tryin to help

ill have to check out if any dr's around my area would do that... or even a gym. i think they put in a little shitty one about 35 min from here. but damn. 35% thats kinda a kick in the junk. i guess i will have more work then i planed on.... thanks. and no worries. i dont get hurt by insults... bring em on. im a shit talker anyways. its all in good fun and i know you guys are just tryin to help
    That's the right attitude brother. I dropped from 318lbs to 195 in the course of a year or so. It's possible, just takes dedication and the right knowledge. Seems like you got one covered, and you're here getting the rest.

1buffsob

so, you think ive got about 96lbs of fat? i dont know.... my legs are pretty solid, my calves are solid. most my fat is on my stomach, tits and arms. lol, i wish there was a way to tell how much fat you had by the depth of your belly button.....

ok, checking with the bf calculator thats on this site it says im 32%. thats a kick in the nuts... damn.... so, ive got 88lbs of fat. im lookin at loosin like 70 lbs.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yeah like the others said. Not a flame but you are probably in the low 30s percentage for bodyfat. I've found that once you start cutting you always have more to lose than you thought. I started at 270 and 19% bodyfat and got to 230 13% at the end of last year. Theres always more than you think, again. Just do as SC said, make it a lifestyle change instead of a one time interest and you will be much more successful.

3) A workout schedule
    4) Lots of water
    5) CONSISTENCY

Good luck,

~SC~
    ok...no running or jumping jacks. what about cycling? as in a bike... would that be fine as long as i stay in the 75% range?
    and what about me shows 30-40's? i mean, everybody thinks that when they meet me. i look old...but even with the smiley face, damn....lol

also,is there a maximum amount a day i should work out a day? is there a time that i should stop at.... like i heard that more then 45 min of lifting is pretty much pointless. is the same true with cardio?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information