Thread: Canned Chicken

Steve80 is offline Associate Member

Canned Chicken

Do any of you guys eat this stuff? (like tuna but chicken). I have kinda built an obsession with it. They sell 10 ounce cans of it at Aldi for a buck, it actually tastes really good.

Macros of whole can:

225 cals
    25 fat cals
    fat: 2.5g
    Carbs: 2.5g
    Protein: 50g

Its so much easier than makin chicken breasts, and keeping them in a cooler when u go places. What do you guys think of canned chicken, is there any reason breast would be better to have, or is canned just as good?

suckysucky is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve80
    Do any of you guys eat this stuff? (like tuna but chicken). I have kinda built an obsession with it. They sell 10 ounce cans of it at Aldi for a buck, it actually tastes really good.

Macros of whole can:

225 cals
    25 fat cals
    fat: 2.5g
    Carbs: 2.5g
    Protein: 50g

Its so much easier than makin chicken breasts, and keeping them in a cooler when u go places. What do you guys think of canned chicken, is there any reason breast would be better to have, or is canned just as good?
    my girlfriend just picked me up a couple of them. They look like tuna cans right? The macros look good. I am going away for the weekend so im goignt to bring them along with me. Kind of scared of trying it though, thats good that you said it tastes good though.

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    I think the Sodium content is really high in them Steve. I could be wrong but i remeber asking this question and thats the response i got.

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FaizakaFez
    I think the Sodium content is really high in them Steve. I could be wrong but i remeber asking this question and thats the response i got.
    nope the sodium actually is much lower than tuna ... swole recommended these in another thread.. I actually had 2 cans today and they were much better than tuna! Hopefully I dont get to sick of them.. I would def tel people to give this product a shot..

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Eat it all the damn time.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I get the Kirkland brand from Costco. Very cost effective, far less $$ for the amount of product than the frozen/bagged chicken breasts, you don't have to cook it, and it actually has LESS sodium than the frozen/bagged breasts or tenders that I used to purchase.

Sodium is never concern for me personally anyhow until the last few days before a shoot/show/etc.

~SC~

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I dunno if any brits remember this, but there was some bloke (in The Sun naturally) a few weeks ago that ate a tin of canned chicken that was 50 years old. He said he'd eat it after being married for 50 years to his wife and apart from smelling a bit tangy he said it tasted great and that he was fine afterwards.

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    i LOVE canned chicken with some brown mustard....damn good

ph34rsh4ck is offline Member
    i remember tryin em and they seemed kinda hard for me to eat, cause they were so dry

NEW_IN_THE_GAME is offline Associate Member
    I eat tuna out the can when cutting 2-3 cans at a time plain, so this chicken is good compared to that. Eat a 10ounce can with 1tblsp miracle whipe feww, whcih has no fat. and 2 whole wheat bread. this is a low fat low carb, high protein meal. but they get old fast and i resort to the tuna.

Ok good to hear. I been eating a few 10 ounce cans a day. Perfect post workout meal 10 ounce can (50g protein) 1 cup brown rice(66g) carbs and an applesauce snack pack or 2.

Swole I think I get the knock off of your brand mine says Kirkwood instead of kirkland lol, but it tastes good anyways.

runninpony is offline Associate Member
    Everytime I go to Walmart I clean out every can of chicken they have!!

Quote Originally Posted by runninpony
    Everytime I go to Walmart I clean out every can of chicken they have!!

I cant eat the walmart kind its more shredded and slimy like. If you have an aldi by you, you should try theirs. The cans are twice the size and cheaper! Plus its big chunks of chicken.

tinyguy2 is offline Member
    i work full time and i live on that stuff, if it wasnt for that i would have killed myself after a week i was so sick of tuna. i payed alot for it tho...at least twice as much as tuna...how much is it at walmart? they need to make filet mignon in a can for a dollar a can.

wolfstriked is offline Associate Member
    I just opened my can of swanson white meat chicken breast.Man its good and it was large chunks of solid meat.I just ate a can and hit my 25gms per meal.Right out of the can and it taste sooooo good.Too good to be honest.

Forget cutting up chicken to get 25gms and then the hassle of chicken juice everywhere.Then having to cook it.Then the clean up!!I hate it and now I can just open a can

But dam its expensive at $2.20 per can.I agree....they really need to come out with steak in a can.
    Last edited by wolfstriked; 06-25-2006 at 08:26 PM.

NEW_IN_THE_GAME is offline Associate Member
    steak in a can might not be good. i mean you know the fresh pouches of tuna , where there is no draining needed, well they make hamburger the same way. shit is so nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstriked
    I just opened my can of swanson white meat chicken breast.Man its good and it was large chunks of solid meat.I just ate a can and hit my 25gms per meal.Right out of the can and it taste sooooo good.Too good to be honest.

Forget cutting up chicken to get 25gms and then the hassle of chicken juice everywhere.Then having to cook it.Then the clean up!!I hate it and now I can just open a can

But dam its expensive at $2.20 per can.I agree....they really need to come out with steak in a can.

Not sure if they have aldi's in Ny but if they do go there, 10 ounce can for a buck something. I eat the whole thing, 50g's protein!

Steak in a can sounds less appetizing now!!

No Aldi's in NY.Im gonna look around though as my neighborhood grocery store is whack with prices.I bet if I go shopping in a lower income neighborhood that I can cut that price in half.

One of the bad things of trying to "move on up" is that while your still poor the grocers think your rich.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    i can't believe anyone would eat that shit. i would much rather just bake a week's worth or chicken breasts (it takes about 45 minutes @ 350). you'd have to pay me to eat canned meat. you'd have to pay me ALOT!

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I eat it all the time. Sam's just started carrying canned Turkey in the same type of can. Great for a quick meal.

3 cans down the hatch today while at work.Much more enjoyable than chicken i cook myself as that always gets tough and chewy or extremely dry.And the fact that I just open a can and eat is pure delight.

lifterjaydawg is offline Senior Member
    Just tried them and they are great. These tase better than what I can make.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    it doesn't seem cheaper to me at a superstore, i need to get a emmbership at a wholesale place and check there. it doesn't compare to tuna in terms of protein, sodium or calories... hmmm...

yeah when i grill chicken its always real dry. The canned stuff is flavorful. what is there msg in it or something?

Venum is offline Member
    i just picked up the kirkland canned chicken from costo, holy crap, its so good. 12.5 ounce cans...screw dealing with raw chicken meat

Quote Originally Posted by Venum
    i just picked up the kirkland canned chicken from costo, holy crap, its so good. 12.5 ounce cans...screw dealing with raw chicken meat
    Canned meats rule!!

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    costco (kirkland) canned chicken is great.very cost effective & easy.

canned meats rule except spam that shit sucks...i rather be fat and weak then eat that shit. it takes like ground up kittens.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve80
    I cant eat the walmart kind its more shredded and slimy like. If you have an aldi by you, you should try theirs. The cans are twice the size and cheaper! Plus its big chunks of chicken.
    No Aldi here,,but the WalMart I shop at has 4 different brands of the stuff as well as canned turkey and ham and all that mess. My first choice is the Hormel canned shicken,,comes in a green can and has large chunks and not slimy at all to me!!! The Swanson is good too,,,then they have 2 other but I havent tried those yet,,,,and to top it all off I get the Hormel for .98 a can!!! The Swanson is $1.73 a can,,so I always pick up all the Hormel they have!!

The funny thing about the canned chicken is when I pop a can open at the office,,which I do often,,all my employees start complaining and asking who the hell is eating tuna!!! That shit smells just like tuna! But to me its a gift,,because im not a fan of tuna at all!!!!

Venum is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by runninpony
    The funny thing about the canned chicken is when I pop a can open at the office,,which I do often,,all my employees start complaining and asking who the hell is eating tuna!!! That shit smells just like tuna! But to me its a gift,,because im not a fan of tuna at all!!!!
    when i drained the chicken into the sink my gf was bitching at me accusing me of leaving tuna juice in the kitchen sink again...haha

i get Piggly Wiggly brand canned chicken. its so cheap that usually every can has a surprise in it like a beak or a talon or a whole chicken foot or claw or whatever. i use that for a toothpick afterwards.

eggplant is offline Member
    hi guys, haven't been on AR for sometime. I'm in the military now..i'm getting back on track with training, but i'm kinda having some problems with the diet part. I'm in camp 5 days a week and living on whey and oats soley just doesn't look right to me. I'll prob finish a huge tub every week like that. Obviously can't cook chicken breasts like i used to when i was still a civilian. Talking about canned meats..do you guys think they are at all healthy? I'm thinking living on them for 5 days a week..?

IronAdam is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eggplant
    hi guys, haven't been on AR for sometime. I'm in the military now..i'm getting back on track with training, but i'm kinda having some problems with the diet part. I'm in camp 5 days a week and living on whey and oats soley just doesn't look right to me. I'll prob finish a huge tub every week like that. Obviously can't cook chicken breasts like i used to when i was still a civilian. Talking about canned meats..do you guys think they are at all healthy? I'm thinking living on them for 5 days a week..?
    It's gotta be healthier than oats/whey. What do they feed you guys?

eggplant is offline Member
    I kinda have this mindset that canned food are under semi-processed. Well, as long as they don't kill me..i'm gona eat them..lol. Food in the army just suck..lotsa refined white rice, fried stuffs..basically junk..thanks for the reply bro.

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Cold cuts sound a little better.

IronAdam is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eggplant
    I kinda have this mindset that canned food are under semi-processed. Well, as long as they don't kill me..i'm gona eat them..lol. Food in the army just suck..lotsa refined white rice, fried stuffs..basically junk..thanks for the reply bro.
    That's shitty, you'd think they'd feed you guys the best shit around. Seeing as you defend our country and all. Anyway, best of luck to you bro, good see'n you around.

Quote Originally Posted by IronAdam
    That's shitty, you'd think they'd feed you guys the best shit around. Seeing as you defend our country and all. Anyway, best of luck to you bro, good see'n you around.
    haha yeah right they dont give a crap about soilders all the care about is the fat, white, rich politicians that make money from war....that kinda sucks but thats what America is all about

Thread Information