Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tinyguy2 is offline Member

diet in sticky wrong

I was jsut looking at the diet in the sticky it says that for a 200 pound person who is around 15 percent. should only take in 300 grams p 130 g carbs 50 g fat. that adds up to a little over 2000 calories. thats really low for that size person. it also suggests 3 protein shake. this has to be the reason why so many people post crappy diets with alot of protein shakes and low calories.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Note: This is a sample diet for a 200 pound gentleman who is wishing to cut. We can assume his BF to be around 15%. This diet will NOT work for you if those criteria don’t apply to you; however it is easy to customize the below diet to take in account your own statistics. It is the principles that are applicable.. I am not going to post the total amount of calories, only the carb, protein and fat macros for the whole day

*Reminder: This is a PRIMER. It’s not mean to be comprehensive.

About 2,200 Kcals, prob a bit too low for me TBH.

i know its not meant to be comprehensive. 2200kcal for that size person is really low. but alot of people read that and then have 3 protein shakes in there diet. i see it in every diet posted by newbies. there should be examples in the sticky's of good diets. whatever thats just my 2 cents

it does also state This diet will NOT work for you if those criteria don’t apply to you. The problem is those cirteria do apply to some people and if they ate that diet they would lose an s load of muscle.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I cut at about 2000-2400 cals when I'm around 200-210lbs and get great results without losing much, if any, muscle mass.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Actually its 2 or 3 shakes not 3.

The problem is I think you just wanna find negative things in everything you come across, make your critisicm public and not offer anything positive.

Instead of just bitching about how you think the cutting diet is "wrong", why dont you say:

I was reading the cutting diet, and IMO it's flawed and needs improvment here is/are some suggestions I thought about.

Noone said it's perfect and if someone did they're wrong, but it is a VERY GOOD guidline for a complete newbie, without this guide, you would see thousands of threads asking "whats a good diet for me? " "how many meals do I need..etc..."

This is very basic and offers alot of help to hundereds if not thousands, they have to read more, use the search and decide whats the best approach for them along with the help/critique and advice of others.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    Actually its 2 or 3 shakes not 3.

The problem is I think you just wanna find negative things in everything you come across, make your critisicm public and not offer anything positive.

Instead of just bitching about how you think the cutting diet is "wrong", why dont you say:

I was reading the cutting diet, and IMO it's flawed and needs improvment here is/are some suggestions I thought about.
    i like ur comments

why dont u give him a spanking?

ok IMO i think that the sticky is flawed. It has 2-3 shakes but should only have one post workout. It also states that you only need to have 2200 calories when your are 200 pounds which seems low. there should be another meal with a lean protein soruce and a fat such as peanut butter instead of the shake.

hows that is that happy enough for you????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    I cut at about 2000-2400 cals when I'm around 200-210lbs and get great results without losing much, if any, muscle mass.

what is your BF when you weight this much? around 15% becuase everytime i state a diet that is around that i get told im a moron. i weigh 210 13%-14%

Btw, be prepared to get small and lose all your muscle.. LMAO

tip.. 2200 calories is not enough to support your LBM (lean body mass) if you are infact 12-13%

thats what i get when i say 2200 calories

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    I don't like the stickies much either but they are very broad diets that give the masses of newbs an idea to start with. There is no way to individualize a diet for everyone, btw 2200calories could work for someone with a slower metabolism at that weight.
    I'm at 2750 and still holding LBM quite well actully, my maintainance is around 3100 it seems. Someone 200lbs 13%/bf probaby has a maintainance around 2700-2800 so 2200 would put them around 500calories under/day = 1lb fat lost/wk if done correctly.

yeah i'm not even sure what kind of metabolism i'm really working with i have been so many different weights in my life..i have also eating crappy for 90 percent of it. It seems even without counting calories as long as i eat high protein and unprocessed foods and lots of veggies and fiber. i lose fat quickly.i just want to lose like ten pounds or so then i'll be happy. i kind of like eating right and thinking about what i'm eating and how it affects me it kind of makes something to do when im bored sitting at work. I'm waiting to get a couple supplements and a bf measurer then im going to cut at around 2500 and see how that works. what supplements do you take when cutting?

Figure out your maintainance and then go from there. It takes practice and trial/error.
    Supplements? lots of water, glucosamine, BCAA's, liquid aminos, L-glutamine/peptide.

chest6 is offline Banned
    It wont work for everyone. I don't really like only having carbs 3x a day...didnt really work out for me. I was too sluggish and lost too much LBM

it seems as long as i eat low gi carbs basically, just oatmeal. i have more energy and it doesnt effect my weight loss

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    LOL @ this thread.

~SC~

Surfstud18 is offline Member
    AHHHHH it's the swole cat haha what's going on my brother from a other mother

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    dude its just an example for you to work off of evryone here knows that.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    200 lbs person with 15% BF is roughly 170lb of lean tissue NOT taking away the weight of the skeleton this person is consuming;

1.7 grams of protein per lb of lean mass.
    .75 grams of carbs.
    .25 grams of fat.

That sounds good to me.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyguy2
    I was jsut looking at the diet in the sticky it says that for a 200 pound person who is around 15 percent. should only take in 300 grams p 130 g carbs 50 g fat. that adds up to a little over 2000 calories. thats really low for that size person. it also suggests 3 protein shake. this has to be the reason why so many people post crappy diets with alot of protein shakes and low calories.
    the kcal is not to low and there is nothing wrong with having 3 shakes.

Personaly I often cut with more shakes and less kcal and my strenght always peaks at the end of my cutting.

Its also only meant to be a starting place as everone else have said. If they feel sluggish up the carbs, if they lose strenght up the carbs ect.
    Last edited by Kärnfysikern; 07-11-2006 at 04:32 PM.

svarturer is offline Senior Member
    Dude....

what did you think what people are gonna say when you clicked that new thread button

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    the kcal is not to low and there is nothing wrong with having 3 shakes.

Personaly I often cut with more shakes and less kcal and my strenght always peaks at the end of my cutting.

Its also only meant to be a starting place as everone else have said. If they feel sluggish up the carbs, if they lose strenght up the carbs ect.

alright then why when everyone posts a cutting diet with more than one shake fifty people say its wrong. Im a little bigger than that person that is used fo an example i layed out a 2200 calorie diet and was told i would lose all my muscle. if 3 shhakes are fine then tell people they are in the forum instead of making them feel stupid for it.

svarturer is offline Senior Member
    imo
    there is nothing WRONG with 3 shakes - food is just BETTER

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    My clients utilize 3 shakes in their daily approaches and I have a success rate that is sterling.

Shakes are only one piece of the entire puzzle that is a body composition change for the better. Those who are saying "too many shakes" and such, well, you have to consider who is saying that and who they are.

~SC~

Agreed I take in shakes when I don't have solid foods around me, although i do prefer a solid meal to whey protein. No one told you it was wrong, they just suggested a better approach.. take it or leave it. Pretty much anything you do towards bettering your diet at this point is better than you've been doing, so get started with something.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I will just make a comment about shakes and my thoughts. I think they are good for what they are. I mean for a fast convenient on the go "meal" they are good sure. But if I had the choice between eating food or having a shake I would eat food 100% of the time. No questions asked. And yes this counts for PWO as well.

Many people know that I get many supplements for free to try out etc. So I have tried my fair share of shakes thats for sure and I did like them. But after talking with many BB's and trying out for myself using whole foods seems to be the way to go. I feel much better, and also look much fuller and recover faster.

Also I have always said I think shakes encourage overeating. If I eat say 8oz steak or have a shake of equal caloric value I will be ready to eat again in about 45 minutes after the shake. DEFINITELY not idea of fun when I am trying to cut and am starving for another meal before an hour is up.

But like SC and others have said, certainly great physiques/results have and will continue to be acheived through the supplementation of shakes.

If you have the choice and the time do yourself a favour and EAT your food dont drink it.

alright then why when everyone posts a cutting diet with more than one shake fifty people say its wrong. Im a little bigger than that person that is used fo an example i layed out a 2200 calorie diet and was told i would lose all my muscle. if 3 shhakes are fine then tell people they are in the forum instead of making them feel stupid for it.
    find me one post where I have ever said to someone it is bad to have three shakes in the diet. That would be pretty damn foolish since I have even done a diet consisting COMPLETELY of shakes.

I cant take responsibility for what other people write

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    I completely agree.

The stickies are crap.

Well of course they are when rambo and SC influenced most of the FALSE info on there.

Everybody on here is a fata$$.

The vets and mods are dumba$$es who don't know wtf they're talking about.

I don't even know why I waste my time coming here.

I rule.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bor
    I completely agree.

The stickies are crap.

Well of course they are when rambo and SC influenced most of the FALSE info on there.

Everybody on here is a fata$$.

The vets and mods are dumba$$es who don't know wtf they're talking about.

I don't even know why I waste my time coming here.

I rule.

find me one post where I have ever said to someone it is bad to have three shakes in the diet. That would be pretty damn foolish since I have even done a diet consisting COMPLETELY of shakes.

I cant take responsibility for what other people write

i never said you did. well the other people need to stop posting information about diets when they dont know the facts

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    I take in 2500 calories ED when cutting and I am > 250lbs. My metabolism won't let me cut on any more than that unless I take T3. I also have to keep my carbs low and cycle them (between 50g and 150g) or I don't drop fat. I also don't lose very little muscle when taking in that many calories.

Moral? Everyone is different. What you think are "the facts" aren't "the facts" for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    I take in 2500 calories ED when cutting and I am > 250lbs. My metabolism won't let me cut on any more than that unless I take T3. I also have to keep my carbs low and cycle them (between 50g and 150g) or I don't drop fat. I also don't lose very little muscle when taking in that many calories.

Moral? Everyone is different. What you think are "the facts" aren't "the facts" for everyone.
    we seem to have indentical metabolism.
    I have to cut carbs as low as that and even lower. Only difference is that you are a good solid 50ibs heavier than me

sux to be us huh

we seem to have indentical metabolism.
    I have to cut carbs as low as that and even lower. Only difference is that you are a good solid 50ibs heavier than me

sux to be us huh
    Well, it sucks and it doesn't suck at the same time. I think my slow metabolism allows me to build more quality muscle than a lot of dudes with faster metabolisms.

Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    Well, it sucks and it doesn't suck at the same time. I think my slow metabolism allows me to build more quality muscle than a lot of dudes with faster metabolisms.

the only advantage it gives me is that I can gain strenght very easily when I cut. I never have any problem losing muscle while cutting even when I drop all carbs on rest days and have kcal around 1700. Its gonna be a good thing if I ever decide to compete in powerlifting.

But I dont seem to have a eazy time packing on muscle

do you get fat by looking at a twinkie?

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    im at 205lbs now i believe. i cut with about 2300-2400cals, maintain with 3000 - 3200 cals, and bulk with a little over 4000cals. no need to reiterate the philosophy on shakes, the vets/mods already summed it up.

i never said you did. well the other people need to stop posting information about diets when they dont know the facts
    I'm sorry but you might be a moron.. you need to look at everyones views and then utilize them towards your efforts to meet your goals.. obviously no One person is right about everything they say but base their comments on opinions that have worked for them and the ppl around them. I'm a firm believer that shakes are not needed in a good dietary approach as is bino and a few others that I know pretty well on here.. SC, Johan etc believe shakes should/could be utilized during a diet with equal results.. I don't feel either of us is more right, but we believe and give advice differently but the ppl who we give the advice to still make excellent results none the less.. A shake/solid food is only a tiny portion of it, you're stuck on a small piece of the puzzle.
    Do both for a while instead of name-calling/bitching all over the board and then report back with your results/findings.. I'd be interested to see how it looks, the majority of ppl we help with diets completely suck to begin with so obviously either approach would work wonders.
    Now go drink a shake while I eat my chicken+yams and see who looks better next year.
    Last edited by IBdmfkr; 07-12-2006 at 08:19 AM.

do you get fat by looking at a twinkie?
    Of course... I love these little things called Kinder Pinguis. They are like chocolate covered cream things and each serving only have 9g of carbs so I eat those on cheat day.

Mmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    I'm sorry but you might be a moron..
    :

haha probably

i am pretty sure you will look better. you have years of training and dieting experience on me . I'm still a newbie sorry all this info is alot to take in at once. my old diet was beer and chicken wings so this is a little different from what im used to. I just want to do what is optimal and everyone has conflicting views and it gets hard to figure out whats right but i guess ill just take the time and see what works for me. thanks for your help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information