Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    maxiimus is offline Associate Member

Cheat meal...guilty feeling :(

Hey guys,

well tonight went and had my cheat meal for the week, as i do every week and have been ding for a while, and once again after my cheat meal, i just get this feeling of guilt, it makes me feel as though i shouldn't have eaten that (the cheat meal) lol

i know some of ya's are prob thinking wot a wierdo, but does this happen to anyone else?? or is it just me??? it happens to me every week after my cheat meal

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    well...whad'ya have?

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    I feel guilty if I take a lick off of someone's ice cream cone, lol. I almost never cheat...

Your guilt comes from knowing that you are really working youre ass off and youre getting results. You also know that bad food hinders your goals.

Good job.

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    Aren't cheat meals an attempt to refeed the body and mind due to a prolonged depletion of what your body craves?

We're not called upon to be perfect in all arenas of life, and this should apply to your diet as well. If you can be pretty well perfect for 90% of your life in regards to dieting, then the other 10% should have minimal affect on your physique.

Learn to live a little and be happy about it!

Mavs

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    This is a big one for me man when I diet I am usually insane with it... but I keep telling myself I'm not dieting for a competition so who gives a fck..... not that I cheat that much but It makes me feel a little better about drinking a couple beers every other week or eating simple carbs at night time... or something silly like that...

astrix79 is offline Junior Member
    hey i know what u mean cause i feel the same way...im on cutting diet and i hade my first cheat meal today after 3 weeks,2 hamburgers,chips and ice cream...

it was nice to eat it but i feelt like shit after,,,but im alots of gear like
    sow i should burn it off prety much on one day
    Clen
    ECA
    testo
    masteron
    EQ
    anavar
    proviron

suplements
    Nitrix,ALA,CLA, multivitamin shit....

and im not doing my diet for any competion just a summer cutt....
    but im kinda extrem for its all in or nothing at all

im not gonna have any more F***** cheat meals any more
    10 weeks to go

Had a BBQ meet lovers Pizza with Pineaple , didnt eat it all though, i couldnt lol and had some garlic bread with it but thats all, i always think about it as eing a reward for eating so well the majoirity of the time, it just after the cheat meal i get that regretful feeling, and just wanted to see if i was the only one

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I feel you max when I cheat I feel so bad... but then I make it right by sticking my finger in my throat

JC2007 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexed
    I feel you max when I cheat I feel so bad... but then I make it right by sticking my finger in my throat
    I, too, feel brutally guilty about cheating but I wouldn't say that is making it right; I'd say that is creating a whole new problem. (Unless you're joking of course, then ignore this).

phew... least im not the only one that feels that way was starting to think i was lossing it lol

Quote Originally Posted by maxiimus
    phew... least im not the only one that feels that way was starting to think i was lossing it lol
    No man. Don't feel too bad, I ate about 2 L of ice cream, a box of cookies and a pizza last night and two chocolate bars. I already pissed the sodium out from h20 intake and am going to go do morning cardio now but it sure didn't seem to affect me. If you're not competing then you can have a bit more flexibility when it comes to cheating/cheat days.

I felt like my physique went to shit when I was bloated and such but as it says in the cutting sticky, cheat days are good to throw the body out-of-balance after a solid week or two of dieting.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    I don’t feel to bad on cheat day as I don’t think its going to make much difference to my overall protocol as one or two cheat meals ant going to make you fat the same as one or to high protein meals a week isn’t going to make you muscular.

for the cheat to be negative to your overall week and workouts it needs to be consistent.

im very strict all week then cheat at weekends, this works for me and im satisfied and ready for the coming week.

MegaFace is offline New Member
    If you only cheat once a week I wouldn't feel bad, I do more than that and I don't feel bad, maybe I should though.

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    after a cheat meal I always jump on the cardio machine for an hour or so. helps with the guilt

Great input guys thanks heaps, i always up the intensity of workout the next day (after the cheat meal) and i do a longer cardio session, so im sure it is not doing my any harm

BuffDJ is offline Associate Member
    I do have a cheat day a week. But I still try to stay within my calorie intake for the day. so instead of 6 meals that day might just do 4 to stay within my numbers.
    Buff

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    [QUOTE=astrix79]hey i know what u mean cause i feel the same way...im on cutting diet and i hade my first cheat meal today after 3 weeks,2 hamburgers,chips and ice cream...

it was nice to eat it but i feelt like shit after,,,but im alots of gear like
    sow i should burn it off prety much on one day - doesnt work like that sorry
    Clen
    ECA
    testo
    masteron
    EQ
    anavar
    proviron

suplements
    Nitrix,ALA,CLA, multivitamin shit....

and im not doing my diet for any competion just a summer cutt....
    but im kinda extrem for its all in or nothing at all

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    You do realize that a cheat meal can be used to rev up a lagging metabolizm right?

When you eat strict, and your eating below matiance for weight loss, you body can start to plateu over time, a high carb/fat meal will trick your body into thinking its getting enough cals (in theroy) therefore stoking your fires for more fat loss.

so as mavs said before, enjoy it, you really deserve it, and by doing more cardio to make up for it can be counter-productive.

Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by MFT81
    You do realize that a cheat meal can be used to rev up a lagging metabolizm right?

When you eat strict, and your eating below matiance for weight loss, you body can start to plateu over time, a high carb/fat meal will trick your body into thinking its getting enough cals (in theroy) therefore stoking your fires for more fat loss.

so as mavs said before, enjoy it, you really deserve it, and by doing more cardio to make up for it can be counter-productive.
    Agreed.

hmmmm, seems i will have to cut back on the cardio session then aye

My mistake. Didn't mean to post.
    Last edited by mavsluva; 07-03-2007 at 08:25 PM.

been 7 years baby.........no cheats..........no need fror me!

Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    No cheats and now you look anorexic.

This is your post via an external website on July 3rd. Yes, JULY 3rd! Two days ago, but yet, you haven't cheated in 7 years....

"today 8.6k calories + - 100. I was bored and home so i was able to tack and list everything i ate to the tee and got the calories pretty acurate. Here we go, dam it was all so good.I just hope i don't go regretting myself days later and feel bad i really needed this day. Ive got problems, i know. Imm going to try to act as if this day never existed and not regret it. Back to eating maintence 2marrow.

Probally 1.5lbs fat gained oh well too bad i don't care.

I would just copy and paste my fitday but PC version is lame

Breakfast-

Apricot Glazed Carrots and Egg White Marigune.

Carrots-10 oz
    Egg Whites-8oz
    Apricot Jam-5oz
    Milk-2oz

Total cals-338

Snack1-(After this is were it went down hill)

Egg & Bacon Salad-

Egg White-5.5oz
    Turkey Bacon-6.5oz
    Mustard-.4oz
    FF Mayo-1oz
    Lettuce-10oz
    Celery-2oz

Calories-422

---------------------------------------------------
    No particular order right now, just everything else after my first two meals.just gona list the calories for each now.

Egg + Cheese + Ketchup Wrap

egg white-121
    egg yolk-30
    heinz 1-40
    flatout-180
    kraft ff cheese-124
    ff mayo-40

-----------------------
    ff yogurt-110
    100cal Bar-100
    Hood Milk-95
    3 slices Trader joes french toast-383
    TJ chocolate balls-75
    FF Milk-196
    Honey-60
    2 Kashi Go lean hot cereal-313
    Better N Butter-128
    Bananna-109
    Maple Syrup-89
    box Kellogs Smart Start-1,424
    Frosted Mini Wheats-318
    3Fiber One Oat&Chocolate Bar-420
    3 Cinnimon Apple Stuff Pretzels-992
    Hershey choc syrup-40
    A few left from easter M&Ms-150
    Leftover Hershey Semi Sweet Morsels-318
    Snack Bag Cheese Itz-280
    Pint dark Chocolate Ice Cream-1,113
    Equal packets-80
    Nestle Drumstick-270
    grapes-123

total via fitday

Calories-8652
    fat-228
    Carbs-1384
    fiber-144
    Protein-368"

Oh Lugar, you are about as consistent as the stock market. Again, I urge you to stop posting and let the mirror (and pictures that you need to post) do the talking for you.

Mavs

ricogl40 is offline Junior Member
    wow the ol' downhill spiral

Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    This is your post via an external website on July 3rd. Yes, JULY 3rd! Two days ago, but yet, you haven't cheated in 7 years....

"today 8.6k calories + - 100. I was bored and home so i was able to tack and list everything i ate to the tee and got the calories pretty acurate. Here we go, dam it was all so good.I just hope i don't go regretting myself days later and feel bad i really needed this day. Ive got problems, i know. Imm going to try to act as if this day never existed and not regret it. Back to eating maintence 2marrow.

Probally 1.5lbs fat gained oh well too bad i don't care.

I would just copy and paste my fitday but PC version is lame

Breakfast-

Apricot Glazed Carrots and Egg White Marigune.

Carrots-10 oz
    Egg Whites-8oz
    Apricot Jam-5oz
    Milk-2oz

Total cals-338

Snack1-(After this is were it went down hill)

Egg & Bacon Salad-

Egg White-5.5oz
    Turkey Bacon-6.5oz
    Mustard-.4oz
    FF Mayo-1oz
    Lettuce-10oz
    Celery-2oz

Calories-422

---------------------------------------------------
    No particular order right now, just everything else after my first two meals.just gona list the calories for each now.

Egg + Cheese + Ketchup Wrap

egg white-121
    egg yolk-30
    heinz 1-40
    flatout-180
    kraft ff cheese-124
    ff mayo-40

-----------------------
    ff yogurt-110
    100cal Bar-100
    Hood Milk-95
    3 slices Trader joes french toast-383
    TJ chocolate balls-75
    FF Milk-196
    Honey-60
    2 Kashi Go lean hot cereal-313
    Better N Butter-128
    Bananna-109
    Maple Syrup-89
    box Kellogs Smart Start-1,424
    Frosted Mini Wheats-318
    3Fiber One Oat&Chocolate Bar-420
    3 Cinnimon Apple Stuff Pretzels-992
    Hershey choc syrup-40
    A few left from easter M&Ms-150
    Leftover Hershey Semi Sweet Morsels-318
    Snack Bag Cheese Itz-280
    Pint dark Chocolate Ice Cream-1,113
    Equal packets-80
    Nestle Drumstick-270
    grapes-123

total via fitday

Calories-8652
    fat-228
    Carbs-1384
    fiber-144
    Protein-368"

Oh Lugar, you are about as consistent as the stock market. Again, I urge you to stop posting and let the mirror (and pictures that you need to post) do the talking for you.

Mavs
    it wasnt mine dude...chilll

it wasnt mine dude...chilll
    Oh, I'm chilling quite nicely over here. It's just that your name is Lugar on this other site and the post came from Lugar. So why would you post what someone else ate on July 3rd?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.p...642#msg2209642

You have to be very skilled in order to be a great liar. You, my friend, are not too good at it.

Mavs

Even the best of liars have no match against truth.

I copied it from the bodybuilding . . com cheat thread.......Oncve again, I've never ****ing lied and thats one thing I really get pissed off about......call me skinny, call me aneroexic, call me a girl....but I value honeslty like nothing else.....I've NEVER LIED......here, Ill post some other cheats some of them are either ful of shit, or have no conrol....a cheat is a cheat.....pizza, candy, whatever, but overboard is ridiculous....I've had a 1lb bag of red licorize on my desk for 2 months now......they are my second fav. next to kit kats...just cant bring myself to enjoy them...

ahhhh im done dammit...my stomach is killing me lol,
    heres my full day including what i posted before ill paste it again tho

10 donuts (8 from krispey kreme 2 from pak-n-save lol)
    3 bowls of cereal
    bowl of oats
    1cup rice 1 fried chicken breast
    1madeline cookie
    2 honey almond cookies
    some chips
    1 truffle
    5 fruit and nut bars (140 cals each)
    peice of cake ( i might have more later on since its my sis is b-day but i am starting to feel bad lol)
    box of mike and ike
    2 dinner rolls
    1 garlic chicken breast
    1 cup mashed potatoes
    3 peices vanilla cheesecake (cheesecake flavor not actual cheesecake)
    2 peices of this arabic sweet called kanafa(the best sweet ever each peice about 400 cals)
    2 rum balls

when you are in precontest mode...meaning sub 10% with decent abs in the am and a four pack with striations in the pm....no cardio, just heavy training...what do you think a true cheat meal would do to your physique, mentslly and physiclaly....assuming you'd prob. gain a few water weight pounds, and lose your abs for a day, but would theyh magiclly come baclk or would you have to bust your as on the cardio for a dy or two and limit your cals the next couple of days?

Honeslty......I'm talking maybe a few glasses of wine, a parge sausage pizza and and king size candy bar....then maybe a huge out to eat breakfast, with saud. eggs, gravy, the next day......or just say you totally went ape shit for ther weekend.......would they completely come back? How does it work?

we need some Rules Here.

The Only Rule there is----

can we start our own cheat meal thread and compare? I bet those kids would kick our arsh.....too young, metabolisms are too fast.....here is there sole rule.....I'd put my money on t they stomped us hjoewever, I'd take part if I could get you guys to join me......we could do it just on the weekends....on 1x a week...something for motivation...they even have some good pics as prooff...some dude ate like 5 huggge canisters of oats.....hahhah...with a jar of peanut butter and a entire bunch of bananans withs splenda...

#1. Meals Must be Over 2000 Gross Calories. (No Deductions from Fiber, Non-Impact Carbs Etc.)

There you Go!!

TIME TO EAT!!

wtf?

rubix6 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MFT81

yep-- tis' true,, makes cheating even better!!

Roidal is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxiimus
    Hey guys,

well tonight went and had my cheat meal for the week, as i do every week and have been ding for a while, and once again after my cheat meal, i just get this feeling of guilt, it makes me feel as though i shouldn't have eaten that (the cheat meal) lol

i know some of ya's are prob thinking wot a wierdo, but does this happen to anyone else?? or is it just me??? it happens to me every week after my cheat meal
    Nah! not a weido. It's a natural feeling that when you know that something isn't good for you, but you still go ahead and do it anyway.

Thursday- 8 Cups of White Rice w/ Curry (Chicken, veggies)
    1 Watermelon
    9 Granny Smith Apples
    1 Large Domino's Pizza
    Buffalo Kickers
    Friday:- 26 Large Chicken Tenders
    "Mapa-Tofu" (tofu+Pork+oil stir fry)
    1 Box of Rasin Bran
    12 Cups of White Rice (over course of day) w/ MORE Korean Curry
    3 Plates of Kung Pao Chicken w/ Fried Rice
    Saturday--8 Hershey Chocolate Bars
    4 Nerd's Ropes
    1 Liter of Diet Coke
    Sushi Buffet-
    65 Pieces of Sashimi (yes i counted)
    All the friend Foods you can imagine
    25 California Rolls
    4 Oysters
    Auntie Annie's Cinamon Sugar Pretzel
    Sunday-->Somewhat Clean

Today (monday), i had a checkup with my doctor, in regards to my weight, and he said, "your lighter than 4 days ago". Pediatrician basically told me, that until i gained at least 20 pounds, i should eat everything, no matter what it is, as a calorie is a calorie, so he basically recomended i cheat for a while 0_O S o today-------> so far

Monday-->Ginger Scallion Sauced Salmon (1 lb or so at restuarant)
    12 Fried Pork Pecking Ravioli
    Kung Pao Chicken (Stole from dad)
    2 Bowls of Rice
    1 Bowl of Fried Rice
    2 Cups of Home-MAde Chili

Domino's Pizza coming.

Thursday- 8 Cups of White Rice w/ Curry (Chicken, veggies)
    1 Watermelon
    9 Granny Smith Apples
    1 Large Domino's Pizza
    Buffalo Kickers
    Friday:- 26 Large Chicken Tenders
    "Mapa-Tofu" (tofu+Pork+oil stir fry)
    1 Box of Rasin Bran
    12 Cups of White Rice (over course of day) w/ MORE Korean Curry
    3 Plates of Kung Pao Chicken w/ Fried Rice
    Saturday--8 Hershey Chocolate Bars
    4 Nerd's Ropes
    1 Liter of Diet Coke
    Sushi Buffet-
    65 Pieces of Sashimi (yes i counted)
    All the friend Foods you can imagine
    25 California Rolls
    4 Oysters
    Auntie Annie's Cinamon Sugar Pretzel
    Sunday-->Somewhat Clean

Today (monday), i had a checkup with my doctor, in regards to my weight, and he said, "your lighter than 4 days ago". Pediatrician basically told me, that until i gained at least 20 pounds, i should eat everything, no matter what it is, as a calorie is a calorie, so he basically recomended i cheat for a while 0_O S o today-------> so far

Monday-->Ginger Scallion Sauced Salmon (1 lb or so at restuarant)
    12 Fried Pork Pecking Ravioli
    Kung Pao Chicken (Stole from dad)
    2 Bowls of Rice
    1 Bowl of Fried Rice
    2 Cups of Home-MAde Chili

Domino's Pizza coming.
    All of this data is meaningless. Actual pictures will tell the true story. I once again challenge you to post up good pics.

Mav - why a pic? I am frail skinny and nothing....I bench 165 for a solid 3 sets of 6 at a weight of 155lbs and 6'3......That cheat meal is a copy and paste, it's not mine, once again......I am surprised as hell at how strong I am given I should be a normal 180 and more like 220....benching 375 like I was.....sure I have a tight 6 pack, but so do ethopians.....what do you want? I have an eating disorder.......I have switched to training first thing in am after a huge breakfast to hope that I'd eat more during the day...but then I'm thinking, why? I've already trained.....see,......my mind is tooooo powerful......3,000 cals is as high as I can go, that hasnt put a lick on me.....between my eating disorder, I have a mental disorder.......Ive tried everything from Mary J to pain meds to try and beat this......nada.

That cheat meal is a copy and paste, it's not mine
    So why post up a cheat meal that is NOT yours? I guess we should all just start posting up random stuff and that doesn't belong to us.? I guess that you're going to tell me that this doesn't belong to you either:

"10-Jul-2004, 06:29 PM #6
    JKurz1
    BIGT's Mentor

Re: Jkurz1 for mod on this forum?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiger, physc, Sc and others...I posted this on the other thread, but for you to read as well. Thanks so much for your kind words. YOu guys are the ones that should be proud. You care to ask the questions and your results will blossom. Thanks again and K to all....To All - I know I would like to see whom I'm dealing with when taking adivce of ANY kind......although many of the best coaches, gurus, experts in a lot of fields are actually horrible at what they do. I mean look how many NFL, NBA, etc. coaches are out there, whose knowledge is FAR suprerior to any player, has never actually put on the pads or gear. However, in this field, that is USUALLY not the case. I swear to you, that as soon as I get a decent digital camers (camera phone I have is a joke, tried it many times) I will post it immidiately. For now, please just take my word, as that is one thing I would never bullshit about. I feel trust to be number one in anything and everything that I do. I am 6'2 and 188 at this very second (ok, 45 minutes ago in the gym)........I last had my bodyfat test via hydro. 2 weeks ago and was hoovering around 7% (5.5 with calipers)..........I get like this every summer for 2 reasons. One, it's hard for me to eat nutrient dense foods when the temperatures are 80+ degrees, and TWO, much of my free time is spent outside, doing a variety of things. So, right now, I'm in pretty rare form. My bench is around 315 for a couiple, my squat is about 405 and I can run a 5.5 minutes mile. Nothing to brag about by any means. Just want to give you an idea. I've been as high as 235, 2 winters ago and about 11-12% bf. Not sure where I;m going to take it shortly, but I do know I feel better with more mass.........

My objectives have and always will be to do as much reading and research as I can to stay on top of this game. I know what works for ME and a few others that I've assisted. One of my prouder moments occured last fall. A fellow gym rat who is 45 years old, WON the EAS transformation contest under my wing and guidance. Some may chuckle at that, but to see his transformation and see tat check for $10gs come rolling in, almost brought a tear to my eye. You can check him out at www.eas.com (think)....Mark Beaton is his name. I'll see if I can use him as a reference.

Sure, I have a lot to learn, and that's why I'm always asking questions and many have helped me out greatly (SC - thanks bro). That's the key. Never stop learning!!!!!"

I was a little surprised that you did not mention anything about your eating disorder in the above dissertation. This was posted in July of 2004 (so 3 years ago as of this month) and you still don't have a digital camera. They're fairly inexpensive just so you know.

Man, I'm really not trying to flame on you bro. It's just that there are so darn many inconsistencies in your stories across all of these boards. There are so many people within this sport that have shared so much of their time and knowledge with you, but for what? One would like to think that you should be equipped with the knowledge that you need to succeed on your own by now (according to your post included in this response), so what gives?

I really should do like the others and just let you be, but I don't think that I will. I really think that there's something within you that you've yet to reveal that needs to be addressed. I might be wrong, but if/when that should take place, you know how to find me.

Mavs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information