mx3
    mx3 is offline Senior Member

cardio first thing in the morning no good?

I was speaking to guy today who was a top placer amatuer bodybuilder and also went to school in regards to weight training fitness all that. anyways he argues that cardio first thing in the morning before food intake is the worst thing you can do being that you body will use aminos for energy and spare fat because of your body being in starvation mode from sleeping all night. he states that eating first takes your body out of starvation mode and allows the body to burn fat because it is not in the state of thinking that it needs to store fat in case it needs energy stores in the future. basically by eating first your body doesn't go straight to aminos for fuel and will burn fat then glycogen then aminos thus sparing muscle. This guy used to be a top athlete and has won many shows so I have to give him his credit and it kind of makes sense now. opinions?

mx3
    im off to the gym ill check back later.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Dont bother, lol. This has been discussed at length on this board and once it gets started this thread would last 10 pages. No one will touch this one. Do a search and you will find plenty of threads with people debating both sides of this never-ending argument.

Braveheart04 is offline Associate Member
    If you show me one study that says one thing, I will show you another one telling the direct opposite. I will say that cardio, regardless when it is done will aid in weightloss better than any other exercise. Studies show that slower cardio burns more fat while faster cardio burns more carbs, then lots of studies show it all balances out. My advice, exercise as much as you can, when you can, and your body will look better, be healthier, and you will be happier!

ckyass is offline Associate Member
    Everyone has different opinions on this subject SO...the best advice i can give is to try it out....see how your body reacts to it...if you notice any loss in muscle and you dont feel like your burning fat than STOP and your question is answered.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    ^^Bingo

-CNS

mx3
    I have use the cardio on an empty stomach method for years with success but I wonder how much muscle I could have saved if I were to eat breakfast or at least a yogurt or something before doing cardio.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    here you go. i really encourage you to read the whole thread. i honestly think it addresses nearly every aspect to "fat loss" cardio.

Cardio on an empty stomach???

mx3
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    here you go. i really encourage you to read the whole thread. i honestly think it addresses nearly every aspect to "fat loss" cardio.

Cardio on an empty stomach???
    honestly Im more confused on my view on this than I was before I read this.
    basically from what I understand there is no proven method for keeping muscle and burning fat you gotta pick one or the other, keep lbm=slower fat loss, lose lbm=faster fat loss. after so many years of being in this game i never thought I would be trying to figure out the same crap I was when I started.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    no you have it right. its all about doing it.

Thread Information