CeeLo is offline Senior Member

HCG Weight Loss Theraphy

Have you guys heard about HCG protocol to loose weight. You can check it out here http://www.hcgfatloss.com or http://www.ghihcg.com/what.html.

HCG is naturally produced in the body and is viewed to be a very safe medication to be used mainly for fertility, Hypogonadism, and other hormonal issues. HCG is usually at extremely high levels in women during pregnancy without bad or negative affects. The amount suggested by different books for weight loss represents only a fraction of the amount in a pregnant woman. Although there is no known documented medical proof, some doctors believe the combination of HCG and a very low calorie diet along with proper exercise can help to rid body fat without losing muscle. HCG might also help to naturally reduce your appetite by mobilizing fat as an energy source. HCG is not known to interfere with any other medications.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    There was a thread about this not long ago. Certainly not something I would ever even consider, but to each their own I guess.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    I have a guy who tried it.

I'm thinking about monitoring someone doing it firsthand a little later this year.

This isn't a diet question by the way.

-CNS

rodgerj is offline Associate Member
    I read a bit about that. It was used for obese people. You would need some nolva or clomid on hand. And an AI. Particularly for when you finish. It is my understanding that if there is enough LH in the body (from the HCG ) then the anterior pituitary gland stops making it. I would love to know how it goes if you try it.

Blog Entries
    ^^There's a log being run by a guy on another board named Uk-iron.

-CNS

I'm not gonna try try it either. I was posting to see what other's people opinons were. I don't think that I would need to go to such drastic measures. I was intrigued because my Doc has me on 300 IUs a week. I think that is what it measures to. I am taking 1cc eod (M, W, F).

This one guy has loss 43 lbs in 40 some days. The diet calls for totally organic foods. It seems to be a nice working program. Check out this guys log here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xPyqHHUxSE

Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    I have a guy who tried it.

I'm thinking about monitoring someone doing it firsthand a little later this year.

This isn't a diet question by the way.

-CNS
    Why isn't it a diet? You definitely have to change your diet and eat all organic or mostly organic foods.

They are also doing a VERY LOW calorie diet!
    Last edited by CeeLo; 07-03-2008 at 10:54 AM.

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    My girlfriend was extremely overweight due to stress and bad eating habits. She went from 148LBS to 105LBS in 6 months. I love HCG !

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    HCG tricks your body into thinking its pregnant. Then when you starve yourself, the fat is taken from places that does not make you look emaciated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cpreasha View Post
    Why isn't it a diet? You definitely have to change your diet and eat all organic or mostly organic foods.
    No... you don't.

They are also doing a VERY LOW calorie diet!

A restricted calorie diet...That's a no-brainer.

Your question was not about creating a diet to use with the HCG therapy.

It was about thoughts on HCG therapy for weight-loss:

Have you guys heard about HCG protocol to loose weight. You can check it out here http://www.hcgfatloss.com or http://www.ghihcg.com/what.html.

HCG is naturally produced in the body and is viewed to be a very safe medication to be used mainly for fertility, Hypogonadism, and other hormonal issues. HCG is usually at extremely high levels in women during pregnancy without bad or negative affects. The amount suggested by different books for weight loss represents only a fraction of the amount in a pregnant woman. Although there is no known documented medical proof, some doctors believe the combination of HCG and a very low calorie diet along with proper exercise can help to rid body fat without losing muscle. HCG might also help to naturally reduce your appetite by mobilizing fat as an energy source. HCG is not known to interfere with any other medications.

^^Quoted for reference.

-CNS

That is true, I did want to know what people thought about the program or protocol or weight loss theraphy as some people call it.

What is the difference in "restricted calorie" and "very low calorie" intake. Why is this not a diet. I do not think that you can eat anything you want and be successful. I hear of them eating organic foods, is that not a specific diet?

Hince the definiton of diet:

di·et /dahy-it/ Pronunciation Key -

noun
    1. food and drink considered in terms of its qualities, composition, and its effects on health: Milk is a wholesome article of diet.
    2. a particular selection of food, esp. as designed or prescribed to improve a person's physical condition or to prevent or treat a disease: a diet low in sugar.
    3. such a selection or a limitation on the amount a person eats for reducing weight: No pie for me, I'm on a diet.
    4. the foods eaten, as by a particular person or group: The native diet consists of fish and fruit.
    5. food or feed habitually eaten or provided: The rabbits were fed a diet of carrots and lettuce.
    6. anything that is habitually provided or partaken of: Television has given us a steady diet of game shows and soap operas.
    verb (used with object)
    7. to regulate the food of, esp. in order to improve the physical condition.
    8. to feed.
    verb (used without object) 9. to select or limit the food one eats to improve one's physical condition or to lose weight: I've dieted all month and lost only one pound.
    10. to eat or feed according to the requirements of a diet.
    adjective 11. suitable for consumption with a weight-reduction diet; dietetic: diet soft drinks.

Blog Entries
    It is amazing how you guys come here asking for information...and yet act like you know.

Anyway.

What is the difference in "restricted calorie" and "very low calorie" intake.
    You clearly missed the distinction being made.

The HCG protocol is based around HCG... Ergo it's name.

This is the diet section.

Google "Dr. Simeon's HCG diet".

This is where the concept originated

The concept is that HCG helps to modulate the "fat banking system, controlled by the hypothalamus". Simeon believed in very low-caloric intake. But the protocol was geared around sedentary individuals.

Bodybuilders have modified the concept, using a sub-maintenance caloric intake and an EOD dosing protocol.

The distinction I made in the preceding post is quite clear.

This is not a 'diet'... this a drug protocol.

No different than using t4 or t3 or clen or DNP .

Just different mechanisms of action.

You ever heard of someone asking about a 't4 diet' without getting flamed tru the ass?

This is the point... Your question is not a diet question.

Why is this not a diet. I do not think that you can eat anything you want and be successful. I hear of them eating organic foods
    You heard.

Yet you speak like an authority.

Get a clue mate.

, is that not a specific diet?
    See preceding comments.

Hince the definiton of diet:
    If you are going to be obnoxious... you should learn how to spell correctly.

It would lend weight to your course of action.

In response to this:

di·et /dahy-it/ Pronunciation Key -

noun
    1. food and drink considered in terms of its qualities, composition, and its effects on health: Milk is a wholesome article of diet.
    2. a particular selection of food, esp. as designed or prescribed to improve a person's physical condition or to prevent or treat a disease: a diet low in sugar.
    3. such a selection or a limitation on the amount a person eats for reducing weight: No pie for me, I'm on a diet.
    4. the foods eaten, as by a particular person or group: The native diet consists of fish and fruit.
    5. food or feed habitually eaten or provided: The rabbits were fed a diet of carrots and lettuce.
    6. anything that is habitually provided or partaken of: Television has given us a steady diet of game shows and soap operas.
    verb (used with object)
    7. to regulate the food of, esp. in order to improve the physical condition.
    8. to feed.
    verb (used without object) 9. to select or limit the food one eats to improve one's physical condition or to lose weight: I've dieted all month and lost only one pound.
    10. to eat or feed according to the requirements of a diet.
    adjective 11. suitable for consumption with a weight-reduction diet; dietetic: diet soft drinks.
    I say this:

Free Diet advice by Narkissos & Novastepp: Intro to Performance Nutrition 101

-CNS

ok, I definitely don't want to argue with you on this one, because you probably have me beat in knowledge by 20 years or so. I was just trying to say that you would need to alter your eating habits instead of eating like a pig, that probably put you in the overweight category to begin with. To me, that is called a diet, however good or bad it may be.

I am not even trying to do the HCG thing, I was just sparking conversation and trying to learn a little bit about it. Thanks for your input and debate.

Thread Information