dannyboy48 is offline New Member

Anyone please help :juice fasting?

i am a college student and i am doing an argumentative report in a kinesiology class on why juice fasting can be detrimental to your health and cause sides such as kidney failure, arihthymia, low bp, diarrheah, and dehydration. im having trouble finding good sources though or any scientific studies on the effects. is there anyone out there with an extensive physiologic background or extensive nutrition knowledge who could help me with what they know about pathways and effects? and possibly some reliable sources of studies?

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    wtf is "juice fasting"??

are you trying to ask me if i know about the problems of just drinking juice all day to lose weight???

Yes. Some girl in my class stood and said that it is beneficial to do this. My knowledge is not extremely extensive when it comes to nutrition but I know for a fact that only drinking juice for a week will only hurt you. My problem is I can't find any studiies and all the sites I've been to condone it which I just find it hard to believe that this is ok. The other problem is all the sites are .coms so I know they're bs.

Sorry for the delayed reply also. I've been slammed in homework so I haven't been keeping up. Your help is much appreciated though. Basically I'm just hoping someone knows something I don't so I can punk this chick and her ridiculous fad diet.

drinking juice for a week straight will leave you horribly malnurished... your metabolism would shut down, your body would go catabolic, and your organs would start failing sooner or later.. you take the risk of becoming a diabetic plus a whole list of health issues...

tell that girl to go find a cliff....

Klimax is offline Member
    A sugar diet is not what i call the holy graal diet. Try the site "pub med" and you'll probably find some studies which show the negative effects of a only fast carbs diet.

GuybrushThreepwod is offline Associate Member
    My dad did a spiritual fast for 40 days. He did just water for 10 days, then finished off the remaining 30 with a protein/blended fruit shake diet. He lost about 40 pounds (I'm assuming that most of it was muscle). A couple months later, he gained all the weight back and then some. He's fatter now then he has ever had been.

Fasting, to me, seems like a great way to get fat and unhealthy.

If you are considering it for a spiritual reason, PLEASE do so under close doctor supervision.

vingtor is offline Associate Member
    JUICE = CONCENTRATED HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP! ITS SHIT!

tell her its natural right? would she go smoke a pack of ciggerets? cause tobacco is ALL NATURAL but dont mean its healthy for you! that bitch is a idiot. ask her if she thinks eating less will get you to lose weight. if so, just ssay i thought so. i can type some stuff up for you from a Register Dietition if you want

ninjazx14 is offline Associate Member
    cant believe no one has posted this
    So you wanna learn how to Diet?
    BAM watch those videos might help you learn some things on nutrition

he explains a bar in the videos about if you cut calories to loose weight its going to end up bad.
    a juice diet sounds terrible. why would you just drink juice? i would go crazy and be hungry always

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vingtor View Post
    JUICE = CONCENTRATED HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP! ITS SHIT!

tell her its natural right? would she go smoke a pack of ciggerets? cause tobacco is ALL NATURAL but dont mean its healthy for you! that bitch is a idiot. ask her if she thinks eating less will get you to lose weight. if so, just ssay i thought so. i can type some stuff up for you from a Register Dietition if you want

The bulk of people that juice fast would be drinking mostly Veg juice not so much fruit.

bigrich4 is offline Associate Member
    Isnt that master cleanse diet something like a juice diet? they drink lemonade , cayenne pepper with maple syrup or something for 40 days. I dont think its cool, I mean I need solids, it would seem like you would be hungry all the time and just drained for no real sustenance....crazy

CJG560 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by terraj View Post
    The bulk of people that juice fast would be drinking mostly Veg juice not so much fruit.
    You are correct, I knew a girl in college that did a juice fast (only veg juice). She let me try some of her red beet, celery, sweet potato juice. Taste buds have never been the same since...

Thread Information