PrideOfLions is offline New Member

Casein PWO Along with Whey

Hey I have read a few research articles stating that this may be optimal.

I would like to see what feedback most of you guys have on this.

Essentially, there is some research that shows adding 1 scoop of CASEIN along with your Whey Isolate and Malto/Dextrose combo is Optimal compared to just Whey + malto/dextrose alone.

I have tried it and as per the scales I managed to increase my muscle mass more than the week that I went whey + dextro/malto alone - of course it could be just coincedence or better training who knows.

Anyway Just wondering what your ideas are on this.

Cheers

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    1 week would be hard to gauge, you could just be bloated. You would need to use it longer to know if it was helping.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    im using a blend of 33 egg 33 whey 33 caesin.....the bloke at the gym says this is the best combo......i dont know...i just get what i can afford......i add oats and water...

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    I cannot think of a situation where a long digesting protein IN CONJUNCTION with a faster protein would not be superior to a quick digesting protein. as far as protein is concerned you want your body to ALWAYS have it when it needs it. fat and carbs is another story.

PrideOfLions is offline New Member
    so the ingestion of casein along with whey will not slow the whey isolate right? the last thing i want is my isolate to be slowed during the anabolic window.

Nope. and the anabolic window is not as small as you think. I am going to go out on a limb and say the "anabolic window" is actually as long as you have muscle to repair, I think the window starts big and fades until there is no muscle to repair...

But basically I am saying is don't focus so much on the pwo out meal and focus on all meals equally.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    the anabolic window can go for 2 hrs after u finish. I wud save the casein and eep the whey and dextrose if your gona have a whole meal 1 hr after your PWO shake. If you dont have a PPWO meal one hr after u train then i wud mix in abit of casein to last the 2-3 hrs before ur next meal.

anabolic window is longer than two hours. also eat after your pwo shake.

Thread Information