Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Mc Donalds and the Gym

tcook is offline Associate Member

Arrow Mc Donalds and the Gym

if you not to worried about putting abit of tub on the belly is a macdonalds burger that bad ? quarter pounder burger (31g protein) bigh tasty buger with bacon ( 51g protein ) im not talking about one every day but having a few a week. anyone on here eat them ever ??
    cheers
    Last edited by tcook; 10-14-2010 at 10:24 AM.
    kronik420 likes this.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    .... really??? ....
    brazuka likes this.

yes really

yes really

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Wow.

McDonalds has no value for a BB.

Only have it for a cheat meal once in a while.

Bigdog99 is offline Member
    http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/1..._lnk3%7C177318

Go ahead.....stuff ur face with that crap....

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    Wow.

McDonalds has no value for a BB.

Only have it for a cheat meal once in a while.
    Agreed. Wanna have McDonald's once a month as a cheat? Go for it. Have 2 burgers, fries, nuggets, a shake, whatever you want. A couple times a week as you mentioned is a really bad idea.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    I enjoy it once a week. Your goals will determine how much of this kind of junk is necessary but for most goals one dirty cheat a week is the limit imo.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    It is ok as a cheat meal. This is my opinion on crappy quality food. You can eat it sparringly without worrying about health too much, but don't expect to get ANY nutrients out of it. For example say it has 35g protein, 60g carbs, and 100g fat. Don't count it in your diet like you got 35g protein, 60g carbs, and 100g fat. Purely speculation and theory (but based on real world experience from me and my clients), but count it more like this: 5g protein, 3g good carbs, 100g fat. That is about the breakdown I would expect for fast food.

morty is offline Junior Member
    No fast food or processed crap for this guy. You wonder why a cheeseburger from Mcdonalds can sit on a counter for two months and still look the same as the minute it was made.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    After watching the documentry "Supersize me!" i haven't ate McDonalds in 3 years. Call it propaganda or whatever what that guy did to himself with a Mickey D's only diet scared the shyte out of me

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    It is ok as a cheat meal. This is my opinion on crappy quality food. You can eat it sparringly without worrying about health too much, but don't expect to get ANY nutrients out of it. For example say it has 35g protein, 60g carbs, and 100g fat. Don't count it in your diet like you got 35g protein, 60g carbs, and 100g fat. Purely speculation and theory (but based on real world experience from me and my clients), but count it more like this: 5g protein, 3g good carbs, 100g fat. That is about the breakdown I would expect for fast food.
    Haha, I like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Haha, I like this.
    Me too! =)

enigma10 is offline Member
    Granted this forum is almost a year old i thought i would say i go into Jack in the Box and get 5 large beef pattys...plain and eat that, now thats protein ! and its good meat.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma10 View Post
    Granted this forum is almost a year old i thought i would say i go into Jack in the Box and get 5 large beef pattys...plain and eat that, now thats protein ! and its good meat.
    This thread was started a couple days ago brah. As for the 5 beef patty's, highly unlikely that it's quality meat. Protein, sure. Tons of saturated fat? Count on it.

Farbeyondriven is offline Junior Member
    think of it like this... when your on the tread mill sweatin your azz off, ready to die, so tired your not even lookin at that hot chicks azz anymore, your gonna go ahead and erase all in which you have acomplished? a few times a week? average cal burned on tm...300 to 800 depending. cal in average yuk donalds meal 2000. I think you will be standing still if not moving backwards.

No one has even mentioned the fact that every product on the McDonalds menu is chauker-blocked full of both sodium and sugar.

Have you ever wondered how spikes in one's insulin levels, and what temporary sodium imbalances can do for a BB's body/goals??

I do steroids , but mostly stick to insulin, peptides, and growth. I think it's unbelievable that their are so many people in here that are ok with occasional McDonalds.

If you're on a blend of insulin, HGH, and peptides McDonalds is simply a death-trap for going hypoglycemic. Each meal has 2000c sure, but that's not even considering the fact that a Big Mac alone has 1040 mg of salt per burger.

I would rather stick to eating x6-7 healthy meals then to include it in one's "diet" ever.

Yes it would be wise to keep a strict diet 24/7 if you were using shit like Slin, but not everyone in this thread is on it like you. Your already risking the chance of being a life-long diabetic and killing yourself if you **** up with Slin.. surely you can't bag on someone who isn't on any enhancements that treats himself to Mcdonalds every once in a while.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Is that why its called junk food....just for fun I looked up the nutritional values of a regular plain burger has 9 grams of fat and only 12 grams of protein and a whooping 560mg of sodium, so figure approx a 60/40 protein/fat split and over a half gram of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    Yes it would be wise to keep a strict diet 24/7 if you were using shit like Slin, but not everyone in this thread is on it like you. Your already risking the chance of being a life-long diabetic and killing yourself if you **** up with Slin.. surely you can't bag on someone who isn't on any enhancements that treats himself to Mcdonalds every once in a while.
    I guess... I'm not sure why anyone would be on a steroid forum who isn't/hasn't used steroids though; and even if I wasn't on slin'/peptides I still wouldn't eat that crap on cycle. 2.1g of salt for some whole meals at Mcdonalds. That's not making your muscles any bigger.

A sensitivity to insulin ? yea, that can happen from long term use, but killing myself? man, get realistic here.

That's just not true. Perhaps if I was totally drunk and decided to inject 60iu of slin, haha... but... I don't drink.. so not an issue!

If used sensibly by a user, it is an incredible compound.
    Last edited by muscle_dysmorphia; 10-27-2010 at 09:29 AM.

I wouldn't condone the use of fast foods on a cycle either. Of course there are better alternatives if you feel you need a cheat. But for a healthy individual who holds a clean diet 95% of week to avoid 1 meal that contains a bit of fat and salt because they may think it has the potential to be detrimental to his overall health or will ruin their physique is absurd. I've seen some health freaks in my day think that a tea spoon of ice cream will ruin their hard earned work. A bit over the top but shit, there's nothing wrong with keeping it clean. More power to those people.

In regards to you thinking Insulin isn't lethal, that's bullshit. I'm as realistic as they come. One slip up can put you in a coma or worse, and it can just as easily be avoided. I think this is where you might think the risks from Slin are slim to none, because you've used it safely too many times. Anyone who uses knows the potential harm it can do. A lot of men take for Slin for granted because yes, it is generally a really safe compound to use if you know what you are doing. But the risks will always be present, no matter how safe you are with it.

Quote Originally Posted by muscle_dysmorphia View Post
    I guess... I'm not sure why anyone would be on a steroid forum who isn't/hasn't used steroids though
    This board has alot more to offer then just info on gear. The diet section is second to none IMO.

Anyway, I tend to agree with Hawaiin here. Everything in moderation. I don't think anybody is disagreeing with the fact that fast food is pure shit, and about as unhealthy as food can possibly be. But a cheat meal here or there is not going to ruin anybody's goals. Now a couple times a week is another story - I would NEVER advocate that.

tembe is offline Member
    i also dont like the high fat and carb levels...

i believe the carbs will cause an insulin spike...this combined with the high fat levels i dont like..

personally when i have my cheat meal i like it to be the slightest bit nutritional, like sushi.... or steak, ribs or something at a restaurant..

im a firm believer in separating carbs and fats..

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    This board has alot more to offer then just info on gear. The diet section is second to none IMO.

Anyway, I tend to agree with Hawaiin here. Everything in moderation. I don't think anybody is disagreeing with the fact that fast food is pure shit, and about as unhealthy as food can possibly be. But a cheat meal here or there is not going to ruin anybody's goals. Now a couple times a week is another story - I would NEVER advocate that.
    Nailed it!

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That is a pretty low quality food in general. There are a million better choices....

Quote Originally Posted by tembe View Post
    i also dont like the high fat and carb levels...

i believe the carbs will cause an insulin spike...this combined with the high fat levels i dont like..

personally when i have my cheat meal i like it to be the slightest bit nutritional, like sushi.... or steak, ribs or something at a restaurant..

im a firm believer in separating carbs and fats..
    U and me both brotha!

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    I enjoy it once a week..
    I would never consider one meal of Mcdonalds per week as "in moderation."

52 McDonalds meals in a year? And you don't think that wouldn't impact one's goals??

I would have to disagree...

I'm really sorry... I'm not trying to come off like a smart-ass. I just passionately hate fast-food.

My idea of a "cheat-meal" would be a homemade-pizza made of wholewheat dough, no sauce, and cheese, and lean meat.

^^ Now that's a meal that isn't particularly "healthy" but is 1000x better then anything one could get from McDonalds. If you're dieting properly, just getting your hands on certain dairy products like delicious cheeses, will satisfy ALL cravings.

I would never consider one meal of Mcdonalds per week as "in moderation."

52 McDonalds meals in a year? And you don't think that wouldn't impact one's goals??

I would have to disagree...

I'm really sorry... I'm not trying to come off like a smart-ass. I just passionately hate fast-food.

My idea of a "cheat-meal" would be a homemade-pizza made of wholewheat dough, no sauce, and cheese, and lean meat.

^^ Now that's a meal that isn't particularly "healthy" but is 1000x better then anything one could get from McDonalds. If you're dieting properly, just getting your hands on certain dairy products like delicious cheeses, will satisfy ALL cravings.
    You're not coming off like a smart-ass bro, this board is about opinions. They aren't always going to match up!

I personally wouldn't do McDonalds or any fast food once a week, but i'm cutting. I think it all depends on one's goals. If I were bulking and keeping it very clean where I could afford a cheat meal once a week, then I think McDonalds would be ok. I think whatever somebody wanted would be ok. Think about it - many many people had success on the Body For Life program and Bill Phillips incorporated a cheat DAY into his plan and literally told people to eat whatever they wanted, no limits. Now, I don't personally agree with his philosophy, that's WAY too much IMO. I'm just making the comparison to show that a single cheat MEAL isn't all that bad. Now the catch here is that I don't know anybody who bulks for a straight year, so it would not be ok 52 days out of the year. Again it comes down to the goal at hand IMO.

Having said that - I agree with you 1000% on being able to have a cheat meal that's still relatively clean yet satisfying. But we also have to keep in mind that some people have cravings that we can't comprehend, and satisfying those cravings once in a while (i'm talking maybe once every 1.5 months during a cut) no matter how bad the choice might keep spirits up, as we all know cutting SUCKS!

Just my .02

Brewster is offline Member
    To the OP,
    my dick :-- your mouth (78g of protein per serving)

Quote Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
    To the OP,
    my dick :-- your mouth (78g of protein per serving)
    What was the point of this bro?

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    Most McDonalds meals contain about 2 full days and 12 meals worth of fat. Not only that, a lot of that fat is saturated which makes it even worse. Now don't get me wrong I could eat an Angus burger and fries in about 2 minutes flat and love it but only on rare occasions. Eat it after a workout to minimize the damage, NEVER eat it on an off day or a day where you are not moving in some capacity.

shortybrolick is offline Associate Member
    Even the so called "healthier" meal at good ol Mcdonalds "chicken snack wrap" is loaded with sodium 600+ mgs.... But OP from what ive looked: at the beef at mcdonalds, the protein to fat ratio just doesn't make sense.

Having said that - I agree with you 1000% on being able to have a cheat meal that's still relatively clean yet satisfying. But we also have to keep in mind that some people have cravings that we can't comprehend, and satisfying those cravings once in a while (i'm talking maybe once every 1.5 months during a cut) no matter how bad the choice might keep spirits up, as we all know cutting SUCKS!
    Agreed! This not even I can dispute, haha.

After months of the same monotonous meal plans, my brain can go crazy! Cravings like a woman 5 months into her pregnancy - hahaha!

Because of my HGH/insulin /peptide usage almost year round I consume very little in terms of sugars. So lucky, I never have cravings for them anymore.

Occasional greasy meat and cheese though, wow, just unreal.

enigma10 is offline Member
    ok so a few questions then, im out working and fast foods or grocery store is the only thin in sight and i have 30 mins flat for lunch, i tried to drink protein shakes and eat bars but shit i want meat or something that tells me i'm not substituting. so what would you guys recommend ?

cue_artist is offline Associate Member
    can of tuna in olive oil and get some fresh veggies from the grocery store next to you and you wil be good to go. Healthy and nutritional...

Agreed! This not even I can dispute, haha.

After months of the same monotonous meal plans, my brain can go crazy! Cravings like a woman 5 months into her pregnancy - hahaha!

Because of my HGH/insulin /peptide usage almost year round I consume very little in terms of sugars. So lucky, I never have cravings for them anymore.

Occasional greasy meat and cheese though, wow, just unreal.
    LoL how come this never works for me? They say after cutting out sugars for a while, you get adjusted and the cravings stop. I have hardly ANY sugar in my diet (which has been going on forever it seems) and I STILL crave sweets! WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by cue_artist View Post
    can of tuna in olive oil and get some fresh veggies from the grocery store next to you and you wil be good to go. Healthy and nutritional...
    ^^^ THIS. Excellent suggestion. Buy a quick green salad, dump the tuna in olive oil right over it, maybe a few splashes of vinegar, and you have a great meal.

cerealkiller326 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma10 View Post
    ok so a few questions then, im out working and fast foods or grocery store is the only thin in sight and i have 30 mins flat for lunch, i tried to drink protein shakes and eat bars but shit i want meat or something that tells me i'm not substituting. so what would you guys recommend ?
    Tuna,chicken, brown rice with chickpeas. If you want less carbs, veggies dude.

calstate23 is offline Banned
    No one has even mentioned the fact that every product on the McDonalds menu is chauker-blocked full of both sodium and sugar.

Have you ever wondered how spikes in one's insulin levels, and what temporary sodium imbalances can do for a BB's body/goals??

I do steroids , but mostly stick to insulin, peptides, and growth. I think it's unbelievable that their are so many people in here that are ok with occasional McDonalds.

If you're on a blend of insulin, HGH, and peptides McDonalds is simply a death-trap for going hypoglycemic. Each meal has 2000c sure, but that's not even considering the fact that a Big Mac alone has 1040 mg of salt per burger.

I would rather stick to eating x6-7 healthy meals then to include it in one's "diet" ever.
    I would just like to hear your take on post workout simple carbs since you're on insulin???

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Stay away from McDonalds. I keep dried oats and protien powder in the trunk at all times. Best thing to mix together when in a pinch and on the road.

Oleg83 is offline Junior Member
    I buy only from McSteroids instead of McDonalds bunk meals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information