Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    adi24 is offline New Member

Problem thats really letting my confidence down...please help

hey buddy, you are one the senior member on this forum so i thought you would be the best peron to help me on this.

I am 6 ft tall.. 86 kg ....and around 16-18% fat

Well i have a problem that's really making my confidence level go down.

I have been training for last 3.5 years now....i lost quite a lot of fat...gained some muscle.
    The problem I have is there is more fat on my hips......there is not much fat on my abdomen area...but the ass is always bulging out from what ever i wear.I went on muscle gain diet that time too more fat was saturated on my ass(hips:P).

What can be the reason...i did a lot of cardio...diet....lost fat too but there is still fat on my hips.
    Other this is previously when i was fat along with hips there was fat on my chest too....it has gone down considerably but still i am not getting the shape for my chest...still fat is there on my chest.
    Please help. I have even done my hormone tests.Here are they:

Testosterone :788.3 ng/dl
    Estrogen : 36.36 pg/ml
    ... whats do you think about these level.....is the estrogen level high so that it can cause more fat saturation on hips ?pls comment on the hormone levels

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    You just need to lose more body fat man. Sorry, no magic trick will spot-reduce your muffin top. You're simply genetically prone to storing more fat in that area, as are many men. In order to get rid of it, you're going to have to get quite lean overall. Now, since you seem to be active, the issue clearly resides within your diet. I'm sure, like most who just can't lose that "last bit" that you're eating healthy but not correctly. Post up the diet in detail and we'll get you where you wanna be.

So you mean to say i am genetically prone to store fat on that area...ok

What i thought is ,as most women store fat on hips i thought the estrogen factor would be causing this problem to me thanks man...

I will post my diet

8.30 am- oats 3-4 tbsp with milk and 4 eggs

11.30am - fruit (apple, orange) with 1 scoop whey mixed in milk.

2pm- cooked veggies like cauliflower, cabbage with 110 gm chicken boneless(boiled chicken)

4.30pm(pre w.o) 3-4 tbsp oats with 1 scoop whey mixed in milk

5.30pm-7 pm workout.

7.30 glucose powder(sometimes fruit ) with 1 scoop whey in milk

9.45-10 pm dinner 100 gm chicken boneless with salad like cucumber carrot

note : during lunch and dinner i eat chapati...thats a indian recepie made up of wheat like u ppl eat brown bread

please comment and suggest
    thanks in advance

Are you Indian? I ask because so is my best friend and he and his three brothers are prone to storing fat similarly. Not saying it's a given but race always plays a factor. I mean, how many black guys you know store their fat like that? Regardless, anything is easy enough to overcome with dedication. Said friend now looks like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

As for the estrogen thing, I don't think that's playing a role here. Many men, my older brother included suffer with love handles until they reach a very low body fat level. Women are more prone to seeing that last bit in their butt and thighs more so than the hips.

As for your diet - it's really not bad but in order to really lean out and look ripped, you'll need something better. I'm currently on my phone so I can't do a full critique right now. Start with this: 4 whole eggs is too much fat for meal one and not enough lean protein. Do 1 whole egg and as many as 10 egg whites. 1/2 metric cup of oats. Your next meal should be lean meat like chicken breast with 1/2 cup of oats or brown rice, not fruit (the fruit is sugar which will hinder fat burning to an extent). Avoid mixing shakes with milk, use water, milk is fat and sugar and to be avoided when cutting. Your 2:00 PM meal is OK but I'd actually have a small portion of brown rice, oats, or lentils with it. For pre-workout, lean meat would be better than the shake but if you must do a shake, cut the milk. 1/2 metric cup dry oats. Now, for losing body fat you DO NOT want simple carbs post-workout. Replace them with yet again, a 1/2 cup of oats or even 15-20g healthy fat like a serving of natural peanut butter. No milk. For dinner, remove all carbs and again, do 15-20g healthy fat like some olive oile (1 tablespoon) on your veggies/salad. Chapati is good stuff but no more for you. At least not at dinner. Really, it's a very poor carb source for a strict diet period. Keys to remember are no fruit or milk, replace with complex carbs such as 30g carbs via oats, sweet potato, lentils, brown rice. Only shakes 1-2 shakes per day, mixed with water, the rest lean meat. No carbs after workout would be my suggestion, you'll burn a ton of fat with depleted muscle glycogen from then on. Umm - what about cardio? You should be doing a lot of it. Make those changes, do cardio, you'll lose your hip fat in a couple months.

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by adi24 View Post
    hey buddy, you are one the senior member on this forum so i thought you would be the best peron to help me on this.

I am 6 ft tall.. 86 kg ....and around 16-18% fat

Well i have a problem that's really making my confidence level go down.

I have been training for last 3.5 years now....i lost quite a lot of fat...gained some muscle.
    The problem I have is there is more fat on my hips......there is not much fat on my abdomen area...but the ass is always bulging out from what ever i wear.I went on muscle gain diet that time too more fat was saturated on my ass(hips:P).

What can be the reason...i did a lot of cardio...diet....lost fat too but there is still fat on my hips.
    Other this is previously when i was fat along with hips there was fat on my chest too....it has gone down considerably but still i am not getting the shape for my chest...still fat is there on my chest.
    Please help. I have even done my hormone tests.Here are they:

... whats do you think about these level.....is the estrogen level high so that it can cause more fat saturation on hips ?pls comment on the hormone levels
    The problem isn't always just losing fat. There is a lot of times when there are lean guys and girls with six packs but their sides (love handles) are wide. Some is due do genetics but a lot of it is truly not hitting your side obliques enough. People can think they just can do sit ups and they will get a sick pack, well they will but it does nothing to actually structure the side of your hips.

By doing side obliques enough and hitting the right angles you can actually change the structure of your ribcage. Just like teeth, bones can be augmented if put under enough constant stress. There was a period in my life where I was injuried for awhile and stopped lifting and got fat. Having a big stomach and waist puts pressure on your ribcage and can actually augment the structure of the ribcage pushing it out and making it wider. This would also effect the way your waist and hips look as well. focus on really hitting your side obliques but make sure you are doing them perfect.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calstate23 View Post
    The problem isn't always just losing fat. There is a lot of times when there are lean guys and girls with six packs but their sides (love handles) are wide. Some is due do genetics but a lot of it is truly not hitting your side obliques enough. People can think they just can do sit ups and they will get a sick pack, well they will but it does nothing to actually structure the side of your hips.

By doing side obliques enough and hitting the right angles you can actually change the structure of your ribcage. Just like teeth, bones can be augmented if put under enough constant stress. There was a period in my life where I was injuried for awhile and stopped lifting and got fat. Having a big stomach and waist puts pressure on your ribcage and can actually augment the structure of the ribcage pushing it out and making it wider. This would also effect the way your waist and hips look as well. focus on really hitting your side obliques but make sure you are doing them perfect.
    Once again, worthless information from an un-welcome, non-respected, toe stepping-on thread poster!

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Once again, worthless information from an un-welcome, non-respected, toe stepping-on thread poster!
    Once again, pointless comments from someone who actually knows far less then what he thinks.

My statements are definitely true and many people who do have wide waists is because they are not executing proper side sit ups correctly.

Even belts and such will help bring in your waist. For the guy who doesn't know very much here is a video for you and for him.

Watch this http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/899786/...And if that doesn't work just type in the woman with the smallest waist. Your ribcage can be augmented and it does have a large play in your waist size.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Once again, pointless comments from someone who actually knows far less then what he thinks.

My statements are definitely true and many people who do have wide waists is because they are not executing proper side sit ups correctly.

Even belts and such will help bring in your waist. For the guy who doesn't know very much here is a video for you and for him.

Watch this http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/899786/...And if that doesn't work just type in the woman with the smallest waist. Your ribcage can be augmented and it does have a large play in your waist size.
    You will never cease to support my case, you are incredible! You are the same guy who less than a month ago said that you haven't worked out in years because you were in re-hab for a serious drug addiction and only logged onto this forum to keep your mind off of wanting to use. Stop surfing the internet to get advice from other people for people here who are getting help from real people with credibility.

Why don't you just tell people to go "Get you some Genetics, all the top pro's have the best genetics, so go get you some great genetics!"?

Do everyone a favor and stop posting, at least until your banned!

@damienm05 hey buddy thanks for the correction in my diet...appreciate it..........i heard taking scoop in milk makes the protein slow absorbing.....is it true
    btw yes i am from india....u must be from the US rite ?

@damienm05 hey buddy thanks for the correction in my diet...appreciate it..........i heard taking scoop in milk makes the protein slow absorbing.....is it true
    btw yes i am from india....u must be from the US rite ?
    Yes, I'm in the US but originally from Montreal. Been eating and cooking authentic Indian cuisine my whole life. I make a "cheat meal" of it now and then.

Whole milk will slow protein absorption, yes. But there's other ways to do that without the added sugar and fat of whole milk. One is skim milk obviously but that's still 12g of sugar per glass (8 oz. in the morning won't hurt). The best way is to just replace your shake with meat/fish/eggs or mix it with some cottage cheese or casein. Also, even a small amount of dietary fat like 10 peanuts, cashews, almonds, or some olive oil will slow protein absorption very well.

Also, remember, for breakfast and post-workout when your muscles are starving for it, we don't want to slow protein absorption.

can any one pls post photos of the meal u eat...i want to see how ur meal plate looks like and how u eat pls.....some one

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries

Thumbs down

-Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos View Post
    Uh oh Cal, now you got Nark's attention!

Blog Entries
    No.

As per this thread (http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...bout-bloodwork) your levels are middle of the road 'normal'.

Your problem is fat.

And, i'm guessing, if you 'think' you are 'around 16-18%' you are much higher.

FYI: '18%' is high.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

texasmk4 is offline Associate Member
    Nark is the man, whats up gbrice... i can see your hard work and diet is paying off keep up the good work.

The biggest problem will always be fat. But it is a combination of all. There are plenty of people that are plenty lean with six packs but still have wider hips. Yes, Yes, some is genetics, but mostly its because they are not doing enough side obliques and they are also not performing them correctly.

You can be as lean as you want but if you only did for instance sit ups laying flat on the ground you WILL NEVER EVER achieve that perfect shape around your side hips. It truly isn't just fat loss.

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    Hard card clean diet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4 View Post
    Nark is the man, whats up gbrice... i can see your hard work and diet is paying off keep up the good work.
    Long time no hear brother... Hope you've been well.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Blog Entries
    I will respond to you once, and then I will ignore subsequent replies.

An FYI: If you wish to be 'helpful' on a discussion board, reply to the discussion at hand. Tangents (which compose the majority of your posts) help no one.

Continuing:

The biggest problem will always be fat. But it is a combination of all. There are plenty of people that are plenty lean with six packs but still have wider hips.
    This guy who started this thread is not 'plenty lean'... or in the possession of a 'six pack'.

Ergo, any comment addressing people who fall into the above categories have no relevance to:
    a. The poster
    b. This thread

Continuing:

Yes, Yes, some is genetics, but mostly its because they are not doing enough side obliques and they are also not performing them correctly.
    See previous statement.

You can be as lean as you want but if you only did for instance sit ups laying flat on the ground you WILL NEVER EVER achieve that perfect shape around your side hips. It truly isn't just fat loss.
    See initial statement.

To reiterate: If you wish to be 'helpful' on a discussion board, reply to the discussion at hand. Tangents (which compose the majority of your posts) help no one.

Now, either contribute ...or allow someone who's genuinely interested in helping do so.

Good evening.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Long time no hear brother... Hope you've been well.
    Hey nark how is it going brother, i have been good just MIA now i am back and trying to set my goals for 2011... everytime i see your avatar you look better and better. You must have some old ancient secret buddy :-)

An FYI: If you wish to be 'helpful' on a discussion board, reply to the discussion at hand. Tangents (which compose the majority of your posts) help no one.

Continuing:

This guy who started this thread is not 'plenty lean'... or in the possession of a 'six pack'.

Ergo, any comment addressing people who fall into the above categories have no relevance to:
    a. The poster
    b. This thread

Continuing:

See previous statement.

See initial statement.

To reiterate: If you wish to be 'helpful' on a discussion board, reply to the discussion at hand. Tangents (which compose the majority of your posts) help no one.

Now, either contribute ...or allow someone who's genuinely interested in helping do so.

Good evening.
    Its not about replying or not. The fact is you put a thumbs down and sarcastically implied that what I said was incorrect. You just had to be corrected thats all.

In regards to the person on this post, the issue is mostly fat but my remarks DEFINITELY APPLY to the person in the thread. Why? Because the person can be 15% bodyfat with WIDE hips or they can be 15% with LESS WIDE hips. Therefore, the earlier the person starts the better. There is no need for the person to get down to 8% and then decide to start.

That would be like saying you can't start doing sit ups until you are 6% bodyfat. Start shaping the fundamental base of muscle and also bringing in the waist. This also includes helping to structure the ribcage which can give a slimmer torso from below the chest line down to the waist.

Good evening.
    Last edited by calstate23; 12-16-2010 at 04:27 AM.

Continuing:

a. The poster
    b. This thread

Continuing:

See previous statement.

See initial statement.

Good evening.
    Its not about replying or not. The fact is you put a thumbs down and sarcastically implied that what I said was incorrect. You just had to be corrected thats all.

In regards to the person on this post, the issue is mostly fat but my remarks DEFINITELY APPLY to the person in the thread. Why? Because the person can be 15% bodyfat with WIDE hips or they can be 15% with LESS WIDE hips. Therefore, the earlier the person starts the better. There is no need for the person to get down to 8% and then decide to start.

That would be like saying you can't start doing sit ups until you are 6% bodyfat. Start shaping the fundamental base of muscle and also bringing in the waist. This also includes helping to structure the ribcage which can give a slimmer torso from below the chest line down to the waist.

Good evening.

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4 View Post
    Thank you brotha!! Hoping to see some kind of log from you soon!

Someone get a picture of a clean meal up for this guy! I'm on my phone. Don't tell me nobody's eating some brown rice, chicken, and spinach right now.

30 more mins until:

2.5oz chicken breast
    2.5oz flank steak
    2 cups spinach
    1/2 cup oats

That's nice. Lately, I've started doing oats with basically every meal. I have meat/veg and maybe some lentils on one plate and then my oats as a dessert. I'm always hungry, even when eating a lot so it makes the meal seem huge and I enjoy it longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    That's nice. Lately, I've started doing oats with basically every meal. I have meat/veg and maybe some lentils on one plate and then my oats as a dessert. I'm always hungry, even when eating a lot so it makes the meal seem huge and I enjoy it longer.
    I agree bro, oats are like a dessert for me. I can eat them with every single meal, every single day. It's the one food I just never get sick of. A splash of fat free half and half makes them go a long way, so creamy!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Thank you brotha!! Hoping to see some kind of log from you soon!

As soon as you help me with the diet brotha i'll have my log ready

Blog Entries
    Bump for the thread originator... Ignoring the clueless poster who continues to spout dribble.

bump!

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

lot of discussion...no photo.....i hope ppl have cameras at their place lolz haha kiddin ppl....pls post a photo of a meal plz

Blog Entries
    can any one pls post photos of the meal u eat...i want to see how ur meal plate looks like and how u eat pls.....some one
    I'm pretty sure a pic of my meals won't help you in the least.

But here:

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Blog Entries

I will post my diet

8.30 am- oats 3-4 tbsp with milk and 4 eggs

11.30am - fruit (apple, orange) with 1 scoop whey mixed in milk.

2pm- cooked veggies like cauliflower, cabbage with 110 gm chicken boneless(boiled chicken)

4.30pm(pre w.o) 3-4 tbsp oats with 1 scoop whey mixed in milk

5.30pm-7 pm workout.

7.30 glucose powder(sometimes fruit ) with 1 scoop whey in milk

9.45-10 pm dinner 100 gm chicken boneless with salad like cucumber carrot
    What are the calories and macronutrient breakdown?

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

But here:

lol probably not Nark, but a pic of you will surely motivate. Lookin tight mate!

Blog Entries
    lol... thanks G

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

yungone501 is offline Senior Member

But here:

My god, Nark, do u eat all that in one sitting! Thats one big a$$ portion bro. I have trained my body for so long to eat 7-8 500 cal meals a day that 500 cal will fill me at one sitting. Not stuffed but enough to hold me for 2 hrs.

Gbrice, def like the idea of throwing oats in every meal...i might use this and try it for a while. Thanks man.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yungone501 View Post
    My god, Nark, do u eat all that in one sitting! Thats one big a$$ portion bro. I have trained my body for so long to eat 7-8 500 cal meals a day that 500 cal will fill me at one sitting. Not stuffed but enough to hold me for 2 hrs.
    That there was 1800 kcals in one sitting.

Ate that right after my workout.

I was hungry again maybe 90 minutes later.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

That there was 1800 kcals in one sitting.

Ate that right after my workout.

I was hungry again maybe 90 minutes later.
    That my friend is an insane amount of food for me in one meal. I work out at the same gym as Steve Kuclo and seeing him eat after a work out makes me wanna throw up. Do you think eating 7-8 meals @ 500cals might be harming my gains in any way? I seem to be growing at a decent rate....

Quote Originally Posted by yungone501 View Post
    Do you think eating 7-8 meals @ 500cals might be harming my gains in any way? I seem to be growing at a decent rate....
    Sounds to me like you've answered your own question...

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Sounds to me like you've answered your own question...
    I thought about that as i was typing.

I suppose i meant this is generally the most optimal method adding mass, correct?

Blog Entries
    ^^Not necessarily.

But then again, is there really a 'most optimal' way of doing so?

IMO 'optimality' refers to a manner where progress can be maintained, and a regime adhered to.

Your current regime is easy to adhere to... no?

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information