Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by questionrouge View Post
    Okay, so for full fat cottage cheese...5oz? like 1/2 cup is that correct?
    Gotta get paid before I can get casein lol
    I like shakes in the late afternoon/night/as last meal...I wake up feeling leaner. But that is bc it is liquid i know lmao. I agree - real food is best...
    Well, I wouldn't limit it to 1/2 cup - eat as much as you need to in order to hit your daily caloric/macro goals. Having said that, i'd make it one of your smaller meals being it's the last one of the day/night.

questionrouge is offline Female Member
    One more question - In baseline's diet, just what are the daily calories taken in? All of the other numbers are there..

As promised, here goes:

The last one I'm in a different room with different lighting at a later stage in the cycle...look more like that now anyway, with all the changes that are happening:
    Last edited by questionrouge; 01-05-2011 at 08:34 PM.

ok....not approprate then lol
    Last edited by questionrouge; 01-05-2011 at 08:47 PM.

One more question - In baseline's diet, just what are the daily calories taken in? All of the other numbers are there..

As promised, here goes:

The last one I'm in a different room with different lighting at a later stage in the cycle...look more like that now anyway, with all the changes that are happening:
    Since Base wrote you the diet, i'm gonna be kind enough to let him finish it and provide you with the macros, lmao!

You can also go to a site and plug in the foods to get the values - fitday.com, calorieking.com, livestrong.com (my favorite) are a few popular ones.

Your pics are... um... revealing to say the least, lol! IMO you just need to drop a bit of bodyfat, but not very much, add a bit of lean mass and most of all, shape/tone your muscle. We can help you achieve that!

lol i thought so but they're all I got atm. Sorry lol *embarassed*

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Got nerve girl~

quite honesty if I were you I would take out the more revealing photo....might not be allowed actually.....plus too many lurkers here!
    and by the way...not much BF in IMO

ok, dont want to cause probs, im not a boat rocker - i got rid of my post

thanks....technically it is not allowed and did not want for you to get you into trouble so soon!!! still love your nerve though! and I am not kidding!
    I so wish you would join the challenge.....might want to PM the *admin* now and just ask....throw the dice.....again!

lol i thought so but they're all I got atm. Sorry lol *embarassed*
    Very sorry, did not mean to embarrass you. =(

Agreed with Slimmer, it takes nerve to post up pics on here, and you did it on your first day as a new member, so kudos to you!

When you have some pics better suited to what you're here for, post them up or PM them if you're not comfortable. From what I did see, you look good and don't have far to go to reach your goals! =)

all I can say us this: now all the guys are going to be asking gbrice what we are talking about!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    all I can say us this: now all the guys are going to be asking gbrice what we are talking about!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
    Haha, I know NOTHING!

ahaha IMO actually i thought the 'smallest bikini" thread had way more scandalous images than mine...anyhow,I emailed admin so we'll see!
    Either way I'll keep track of my progress here at the boards

ahaha IMO actually i thought the 'smallest bikini" thread had way more scandalous images than mine...anyhow,I emailed admin so we'll see!
    Things are alot more lenient over in the lounge then the 'serious' sections. *shrug*

"what a difference a string makes!"...but I get your point and agree with you!
    glad you PM'd the admin...curious to hear what he says....I bet you will be allowed to join!

either way...you have started out with a big bang!
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 01-05-2011 at 10:06 PM.

Lol figures

On days like today, where I'm likely not heading to the gym, how much would you guys recommend I shave off of the new diet?
    For example, eat less (1/4) of each serving of oatmeal, for example?

I tried to make the baseline's pancake this morning but fouled it up...it kind of became like a mousse in the pan lol. I think I didn't prep the oats properly

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    your caloric intake for the week should account in total enough for a deficit for dieting. I would suggest perhaps replacing the starch calories with fiberous veggies if you prefer.

For the pancake...check out the recipe area......more details there with a few ideas

Assuming your also skipping cardio, I'd make sure you're eating a bit below maintenance. This works automatically for me because there is no PWO meal which knocks 400 calories off my day right there

Also excellent suggestion by kawigirl in regards to replacing starchy carbs with fiberous veggies.

Well I woke up in the middle of the night thinking this: as a female contestant photos are not really required until the 2 week mark and I completely forgot this as I was trying to encourage you last night last minute. So knowing this I bet you will be able to join the challenge!

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    As long as there is no nudity of private parts then your fine....

I never saw them so can't judge, however if your unsure then post them to admin of another staff member....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    1. As for the cottage cheese - Just be aware of the sugar, I recomend no dairy but it is up to you, im sure it would work but Id prefer no dairy

2. The macros and calories are pretty much what I worked you out to require (stated in my first post), but dont worry about numbers, thats all they are, just use it as a starting point and use the mirror and calipers to assess progress. If u need to drop some cals you can do this at a laiter date

3. As for what to do when you are not training I would just eat one carb meal instead of 3. Its a simple way to drop cals and since ur not lifting u dont need the carbs anyway. It will also be like carb cycling which I believe in strongly

As Kawi said if u want just add in extra vegetable's, no biggie realy

If u wanna work out the macros use www.nutrientfacts.com its by far the best site ive ever used

U shud try it out too GB

There are a few glitches on the site but for the most part its good

Ishallnocheatmyself is offline Associate Member
    hope ya can join the challenge good luck on every thing, and if u can join the challenge, good luck in that too, but let me win ehehe

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    If u wanna work out the macros use www.nutrientfacts.com its by far the best site ive ever used

U shud try it out too GB

There are a few glitches on the site but for the most part its good
    Thanks bro, I will check it out in a few mins!

I wonder what happened to our girl? So present and chatty her first day, now nowhere to be found. Hmm... suspicious!

Emperor9 is offline Associate Member
    female taking steroids to lose weight??? surprised no one said anything about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor9 View Post
    female taking steroids to lose weight??? surprised no one said anything about that.
    I think if you read the thread at least a few of us advised her not to cycle

And if you check the Q+A section it was adressed in ther

Hey guys, I'm still around, I've just been trying to get over this cold and plan out my diet and training. So much information to digest, it was amazing but took time, too

And yes, I did read up on taking steroids to lose weight, but I went on the advice of my friend (his training is solid so I figured he must know something). I'm a trusting sort of person...
    It worked somewhat, in terms of hardening me up, but the diet sucked and I'd kill to know where I'd be now if I'd worked as hard as I have been to trim down and tone up on a proper diet, steroids or no. Oh well, lessons learned...

Thank you again to everyone who have their ample and generous time and input - I am trying out the diet baseline gave me slow and sure just as gbrice suggested, and I feel ready to start a new chapter! I'm signed up to the livestrong site, etc - Everything you all have said is so relevant. I have to say that when I posted my questions originally, I was really frustrated and feeling like I wanted to bang my head against a wall, but everyone here has been fantastic and inspiring..I can't wait to hit the gym tomorrow morning! thanks guys

I'm sure in time there will be more questions, there is a lot of info on this site alone, hopefully sometimes I will be able to contribute to posts as you all have to mine!

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Please elaborate.

Glad to see your still around! Feel better, and keep us posted with your progress!

Thanks GB! I've been trying out the new diet...I am having a hard time eating 3/4 cup of oats...just can'T fit it all in lol.
    I've looked at other diets for females training and trying to lose bf on a healthy diet, and the morning oatmeal ration usually doesn'T exceed 1/3-1/2 cut of oats...so I'm trying to find what my body seems to prefer.

Thanks GB! I've been trying out the new diet...I am having a hard time eating 3/4 cup of oats...just can'T fit it all in lol.
    I've looked at other diets for females training and trying to lose bf on a healthy diet, and the morning oatmeal ration usually doesn'T exceed 1/3-1/2 cut of oats...so I'm trying to find what my body seems to prefer.
    Just because Baseline eats like an animal, he assumes everyone can, LMAO! jk base, you know I lub you. =)

Rogue - if you want me to make any recommendations on the diet, i'd be happy to, just didn't want to step on any toes. Lemme know.

No toes hurt at any point in the process my friend, all recommendations welcome
    I love carbs, so Base's diet was like rolling around in an oatmeal heaven lol it was absolutely lovely...

Here's an idea I swiped from the Muscle and Fitness Hers magazine. I know to be wary of generic thrown together diets, but I'd like your opinion if you don't mind. They wrote that it's based on a woman at least 130lbs wanting to drop bf (and training pretty much just like me, which was cool. Though I break my training into am and pm workouts, both to rev the metabolism that much more and also to save time during the pm workout). Let's see what you think? Right away it's clear there's way more use of whey isolate powder, but I'll let you take a look:

Breakfast

5 egg whites
    1/3 cup Bob's Red Mill Rolled Oats
    1 tbsp Flax Seed Meal
    1/3 cup berries
    (u can see I've stolen Base's pancake idea ;p)

Morning Snack

1 Medium Apple
    1 scoop Perfect Nutrition Protien Diesel Whey Isolate (111 cal, 27g protein)

Lunch

4 Oz Turkey Breast or other lean protein (I approximate the size of my palm/deck of cards for proper portion sizing of meat)
    Salad
    3/4 cup brown rice (I still have oat bars left over at about the same serving size so I'll sub that for tomorrow?)

Afternoon Snack

1 scoop Perfect Nutrition Protien Diesel Whey Isolate
    1/2 Banana
    1 tbsp Flax Seed Meal

Dinner

5 oz cod
    Salad
    15 Almonds (raw, unsalted)

Evening Snack

1 tbsp Maranatha Almond Butter, No Stir

Approximate numbers according to Livestrong website:
    Cals1561 Fat33 g Cholesterol40 mg Sodium779 mg Carbs111 g Fiber23 g Protein202 g Sugars27 g

almond butter before bed? I must be dreaming

QR - I'll address the above later tonight when I'm home and don't have to work off of my iPhone!

see bold =)

No toes hurt at any point in the process my friend, all recommendations welcome
    I love carbs, so Base's diet was like rolling around in an oatmeal heaven lol it was absolutely lovely...

Here's an idea I swiped from the Muscle and Fitness Hers magazine. I know to be wary of generic thrown together diets, but I'd like your opinion if you don't mind. They wrote that it's based on a woman at least 130lbs wanting to drop bf (and training pretty much just like me, which was cool. Though I break my training into am and pm workouts, both to rev the metabolism that much more and also to save time during the pm workout). Let's see what you think? Right away it's clear there's way more use of whey isolate powder, but I'll let you take a look:

Breakfast

5 egg whites
    1/3 cup Bob's Red Mill Rolled Oats
    1 tbsp Flax Seed Meal
    1/3 cup berries
    (u can see I've stolen Base's pancake idea ;p)

I'm sure you know any oats will do. I'd drop the flax though, not necessary

Morning Snack

1 Medium Apple
    1 scoop Perfect Nutrition Protien Diesel Whey Isolate (111 cal, 27g protein)

Glad you noticed it yourself - but i'm not a fan of shakes as meals. They are meant to be supplements, not meal replacements. I'd drop this entire meal and go with a 4oz lean protein, and 20g or so complex carbs

Lunch

4 Oz Turkey Breast or other lean protein (I approximate the size of my palm/deck of cards for proper portion sizing of meat)
    Salad
    3/4 cup brown rice (I still have oat bars left over at about the same serving size so I'll sub that for tomorrow?)

Good meal. What's in the oat bars, did you make them yourself?

Afternoon Snack

1/2 Banana
    1 tbsp Flax Seed Meal

Same as above, not liking this!

Dinner

5 oz cod
    Salad
    15 Almonds (raw, unsalted)

Good meal. Keep in mind it doesn't have to be almonds. It could be any nut you like, or even avacado or something like that - any healthy fat. Make sure salad is a good leafy green, not iceberg crap lol

Evening Snack

1 tbsp Maranatha Almond Butter, No Stir

If you want to do a shake before bed, that's fine but whey is useless as it absorbs super fast. Look into casein instead. No problem with the almond butter (or any nut butter)

Approximate numbers according to Livestrong website:
    Cals1561 Fat33 g Cholesterol40 mg Sodium779 mg Carbs111 g Fiber23 g Protein202 g Sugars27 g

Macro breakdown is pretty decent IMO. Just replace some of the food choices and keep the same macro - i.e. 4oz lean meat is about 24g protein, so it's close to the shakes in this diet

almond butter before bed? I must be dreaming

Lmao, I hear you!!!

Okay...printed! ;p the oat bars are actually Baseline's idea, I like them though they always take longer than I think they will to bake. Just ground up rolled oats and some berries, baked until they're crispy enough to hold their shape.
    I'll try out the diet tomorrow and see how it feels. The second shake (the one with the banana) is a PWO meal, I think?

Emperor9 is offline Associate Member
    no offense to anyone giving advice, i was just a little shocked that more did not say anything about a young female using to lose weight. i feel if it was a young man, most of you would be talking him out of using.

my mistake if i missed it.

no offense to anyone giving advice, i was just a little shocked that more did not say anything about a young female using to lose weight. i feel if it was a young man, most of you would be talking him out of using.

Fireguy asked you below to elaborate on what you were getting at... see below VVVVV

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    Please elaborate.

Maybe because the cycle is finished and the concern was more with diet...ultimately yes (and in hindsight) the cycle was not the best idea for what I was after. But I've already gone into the hows and whys. So, yes I'd say you're right, anyway!

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Yes, my point was it was a very blanket type statement as well as a very general statement. I was curious as to what exactly he perceived the problem to be, that it was a female, that she was taking them while dieting or something else. Also, at 25 I didnt consider her young.
    Disclaimer, I am not by advocating her use in this instance just wanting to further the discussion.

Definitely, I'm interested as well...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information