Page 8 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree703Likes

Thread: RaginCajun's Daily Log

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    looks good to me. You don't need to increase your run past 10k if you are training for a 5k. once you can finish your 10 or 5k, then go for time. Every time try to beat your previous.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    with diet, what split to use? and, i am not trying to win a gold medal or anything. just like to compete and it is a way for me to get in great shape, not to mention get the fat off me! and thanks. i know i dont have a rest day in there, but i will see how my body responds and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    with diet, what split to use?
    What? Idk what this is asking.

I know you aren't competing but you will get in shape with this and its cool to prepare for something. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

sorry, macro split. 40/40/20 or 45/40/15?

sorry, macro split. 40/40/20 or 45/40/15?
    either one ok

i think twist is trying to kill me! nah, i am loving this training schedule. it is very demanding and tough, but i like that! friday, i did AM fasted cardio and went to gym later that evening for a light upper body workout. on saturday morning, i took the bike out for a 15 mile spin, then had to go to my grandparents house and weed-eated their entire yard (took an hour), and then rode the bike for another 12 miles (27 miles total). i did suffer another flat but i fixed it and i need to go to the bike store to get some screws for my shoes, lost one saturday evening. i can always switch out my mountain bike pedal in case i need to. today, i weighed 183 before my 10k run and weighed 181.4 after. it was hot as holy hell out! i am pretty sure i did 6 miles, it took me 78 minutes. i only had to walk a little bit and i was happy about that. i can't wait to see where i will be in a month from now while adhering to this training regiment. still working on a diet but i am almost there, should have one up by tomorrow evening. i have an early meeting tomorrow morning so i may only get in twenty minutes of fasted cardio instead of 30. i will do what i can!

Still checking in bro. Waiting on the diet. Remember to crawl if you have to, just finish

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Waiting to see that diet as well...

proposed diet:

protein shake (1 scoop)
    4 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    1 baby portobello mushroom
    2 tbl onions/bell pepper/garlic/celery
    1 banana
    2 fish oil caps
    mulit V
    1000mg of vit c

930-1000
    1 apple
    5 oz chicken

1200-100
    5 oz chicken
    1 cup raw broccoli
    1/4 cup blueberries

230-300
    1 apple
    2.5 oz tuna w/ yellow or spicy mustard
    1 cup raw broccoli

445-515
    5 oz chicken
    1 cup sweet potato

730-800
    protein shake (2 scoops)
    banana

830-900
    8 oz flank steak
    2 cups romaine
    1 cup sweet pot
    2 fish oil caps

totals 2431 cals 303g protein 181g carbs 55g fats

this is what i have going so far. it shouldn't be hard to eat this much, just need to see about cost and what not. sometimes i get jammed up at work and can't eat at the times i want to, but i usually manage to eat when i can. are my macros okay? i can take out some protein and add in carbs if i must. pre-workout meals is where i struggle the most at, but i think this one will help me stick to it. i will sub in different protein sources like fish, shrimp, and venison thru out so i don't get burnt out on chicken breasts. i will try to adhere to this diet as best as i can. i do like to have the occasional adult beverage on the weekends and after some of my long runs/bikes. and remember, trying to keep dairy and grains out. i may have to put grains back in if yall think that i am consuming too many fruits. thanks.
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 07-11-2011 at 09:53 AM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Man you are getting serious now.

What about raspberries instead of the apple? Do you think that might be a better choice?

Twist has you in a different frame of mind.

It is the weekend party stuff which is your challenge. Mine too especially in the summer.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

proposed diet:

protein shake (1 scoop)
    4 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    1 baby portobello mushroom
    2 tbl onions/bell pepper/garlic/celery
    1 banana
    2 fish oil caps
    mulit V
    1000mg of vit c

930-1000
    1 apple
    5 oz chicken

1200-100
    5 oz chicken
    1 cup raw broccoli
    1/4 cup blueberries

230-300
    1 apple
    2.5 oz tuna w/ yellow or spicy mustard
    1 cup raw broccoli

445-515
    5 oz chicken
    1 cup sweet potato

730-800
    protein shake (2 scoops)
    banana

830-900
    8 oz flank steak
    2 cups romaine
    1 cup sweet pot
    2 fish oil caps

totals 2431 cals 303g protein 181g carbs 55g fats

this is what i have going so far. it shouldn't be hard to eat this much, just need to see about cost and what not. sometimes i get jammed up at work and can't eat at the times i want to, but i usually manage to eat when i can. are my macros okay? i can take out some protein and add in carbs if i must. pre-workout meals is where i struggle the most at, but i think this one will help me stick to it. i will sub in different protein sources like fish, shrimp, and venison thru out so i don't get burnt out on chicken breasts. i will try to adhere to this diet as best as i can. i do like to have the occasional adult beverage on the weekends and after some of my long runs/bikes. and remember, trying to keep dairy and grains out. i may have to put grains back in if yall think that i am consuming too many fruits. thanks.
    This looks fine to me for now. Let's run this for about a week to three weeks. After that we have to change it up for sure. We will need to add more carbs. Stick to this 100% and take note of every time you don't eat a meal. IF you skip a meal for whatever reason I want you to eat an apple at that time instead. Really try to get in the whole meal though.

BTW I consume more fruits in one meal than you do the entire day. Your fruits are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Man you are getting serious now.

What about raspberries instead of the apple? Do you think that might be a better choice?

Twist has you in a different frame of mind.

It is the weekend party stuff which is your challenge. Mine too especially in the summer.
    i thought about berries, i chose apple because it has more cals. i can and will be interchanging things as i like all types of foods. and yes, i don't know who i am anymore! i stayed in on a friday and saturday because i trained??? who is that? i guess i am wanting more outta life now, than i was in the past. i still like to party, just not doing as much of it. i was one who went out all the time, wed-sunday! i am a very outgoing person so sitting at home with idle time drives me insane! i guess you can say that i am getting serious, and it is about time! in joining this website, i have learned a lot about myself and what i want out of life. i am about to make a decision to go to nursing school since breast cancer research isn't paying anything. i hate acquiring debt, so i am looking at it as an investment. looks like i may have to move back in with my dad to save a little dough, but i gotta do what i gotta do! yes, twist has me in a different frame of mind and the training schedule is hell, which i like! i really wasn't prepared for the triathlon i did earlier in the year but i will be ready for this one in the fall. i think i am getting addicted to the cycling, i just want to go FAST!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    This looks fine to me for now. Let's run this for about a week to three weeks. After that we have to change it up for sure. We will need to add more carbs. Stick to this 100% and take note of every time you don't eat a meal. IF you skip a meal for whatever reason I want you to eat an apple at that time instead. Really try to get in the whole meal though.

BTW I consume more fruits in one meal than you do the entire day. Your fruits are fine.
    thanks twist. i will do my best to stick to it 100%. dieting is my main problem so i will be trying hard to do this. i really want to see what i look like under all this flub, that is the ultimate goal! i ran out of BCAA's, do u recommend one over the other?
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 07-11-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Twist: why the apple? curious about this and would love to know.

Also glad to hear that eating a lot of fruit is okay since I sure am eating a lot of fruit with it so fresh and in season now.

Keep up the "on spot" work OOCajun. You have a personal coach/mentor now so I bet you really transform.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Also glad to hear that eating a lot of fruit is okay since I sure am eating a lot of fruit with it so fresh and in season now.

Keep up the "on spot" work OOCajun. You have a personal coach/mentor now so I bet you really transform.
    thanks slim! i needed someone to help me with that part of it. i can get off of task really easy, especially diet wise. i really appreciate you chiming in all the time, it makes me want to log on so that i don't disappoint!

^^^ I hear ya on the not wanting to disappoint. That is why I am testing myself by not logging in daily on my thread to see what happens.
    Author Unknown

^^^ I hear ya on the not wanting to disappoint. That is why I am testing myself by not logging in daily on my thread to see what happens.
    i wish i would have found this site years ago. i have made some stupid mistakes pertaining to aas and diet in the past. i was young and dumb, and luckily i didn't screw myself up.

and with the fruit, i will be adding in some watermelon (your avi sparked me!), honey dew melon, and cantaloupe. i was glad to see that twist said that as well, i love the stuff! guess its my sweet tooth!!!!!

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    I for some reason bypassed the amount of cals you eat...is it a bad thing I eat the same amount?

And, its inspiring your addicition to cycling!

Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    I for some reason bypassed the amount of cals you eat...is it a bad thing I eat the same amount?

And, its inspiring your addicition to cycling!
    bout time you joined in!!!!! HA! why would us eating the same calories be bad? i am trying to get as lean as i possibly can with horrible genetics and years of bodily abuse. i am pretty sure you are eating for muscle gain or maintenance. i tend to hang on to fat like it was the last thing on this earth. i have always been like this. and with the cycling, i never thought i would like it, but am beginning to love it. i am an outside kind of person so anything that keeps me from sitting inside, i'm game!

bout time you joined in!!!!! HA! why would us eating the same calories be bad? i am trying to get as lean as i possibly can with horrible genetics and years of bodily abuse. i am pretty sure you are eating for muscle gain or maintenance. i tend to hang on to fat like it was the last thing on this earth. i have always been like this. and with the cycling, i never thought i would like it, but am beginning to love it. i am an outside kind of person so anything that keeps me from sitting inside, i'm game!
    I'm the same way...or more like carb sensitive. Very resilient to the stuff; so I'm very careful as to amounts and what I'm putting in my mouth. Unfortunately it was all trial and error over years to figure out what worked best for me. Sounds like your quite similar.

Unfortunately our sport of baseball doesn't give enough to burn.....

And, I haven't golfed in a while....when I do; I walk the course. Not sure you do that where you are given the heat and humidity.

I'm the same way...or more like carb sensitive. Very resilient to the stuff; so I'm very careful as to amounts and what I'm putting in my mouth. Unfortunately it was all trial and error over years to figure out what worked best for me. Sounds like your quite similar.

Unfortunately our sport of baseball doesn't give enough to burn.....

And, I haven't golfed in a while....when I do; I walk the course. Not sure you do that where you are given the heat and humidity.

mae yeah, its pretty brutal down here, but i would rather sweat than shiver any day! i only like it cold when its hunting season and snuggling season! i need to practice golf myself, but with my new training schedule, there is no time for it. i may be able to squeeze a round in on fridays. then there's the heat/humidity so it doesn't make it as enjoyable unless one is playing a tourney/scramble.

well, i have some crazy news. i was not able to go to my crossfit class, which pisses me off! the reason, i may have a potential job offer and had to call the 'man' after 7. my class is at 645 so i texted my friend that i was not going to be able to make it because i had a potential job opportunity. my head is spinning trying to find a job to make some decent money. i do not need to make a million dollars do be happy! i did do my research of nursing school, and consulted some nurses that i know. some of them said go for it, while the others said i better do more research in the pay scale of nurses now, versus 5 years ago. she told me that nurses are starting out at only $20/hr nowadays. i was astonished! i definitely thought they made more than that. i make almost make that now so i don't know if that would be a smart move financially. on the other note, upon doing all my nursing school research this morning, i had two friends from the same company contact me. they both said that they may need another person on staff with them since business is expanding. one told me to call their boss and i did, no answer so i left a message. come to find out they were in a conference call until 9, so who knows what is going to happen. all of this really sucks because i do love my job now but there is no money in research. the other job will double what i am making now but there is some risk. i will have to start my own business/LLC because it is a contract type work, but i haven't even talked to the 'man' yet so my head is going bonkers!

okay enough with that! i did take a few pics so i will try to get them up tomorrow with the old pics for comparison. i think the old pics were taken in mid february so yall will be able to tell how i progressed and where i need to go!

thanks twist. i will do my best to stick to it 100%. dieting is my main problem so i will be trying hard to do this. i really want to see what i look like under all this flub, that is the ultimate goal! i ran out of BCAA's, do u recommend one over the other?
    Purple Wraath was recommended to me by GB and it is a great supplement to take. Great preworkout.

He's gotta be eating more and apples aren't a bad thing to have. Idk if I would be adding watermelon and other melons though (read: don't add).

Good catch Kawi. Yeah it is a bad thing. We are in the process of upping his cals but we can't just add 1k immediately so we are tapering up to it. But yeah, he wasn't eating shit.

That's what I thought Twist. Frig....listening to all you do ragin..I feel like one lazy a@@ shiat!

here are the pics. the first four are from mid february and the last three are from yesterday.

http://s1118.photobucket.com/albums/...0ragincajun00/

hope it works.
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 07-12-2011 at 07:42 AM.

That's what I thought Twist. Frig....listening to all you do ragin..I feel like one lazy a@@ shiat!
    oh come on now! and, i just roll!!!!!

Are you trying to do a back flip in one of the photos?

Kudos for the photos, more nerve than I

You are on the right track now.....
    Author Unknown

Are you trying to do a back flip in one of the photos?

Kudos for the photos, more nerve than I

You are on the right track now.....
    i only do those when i get excited!!!!!! and thanks! comments?

Looking better bro. You are coming along. What is the weight difference? How's the program going and diet too? Sticking to the program? It's tough shit but progress will come quickly.

Looking better bro. You are coming along. What is the weight difference? How's the program going and diet too? Sticking to the program? It's tough shit but progress will come quickly.
    first set of pics, i was around 192ish and now i am about 182. i have been 182 for a while (month or 2) but with this new training schedule, it should drop. i have been sticking to the workouts, just got done a 5K, took 30 minutes. the schedule is tough but i will stick to it as best as i can. my legs are feeling the run this evening. i had to miss my crossfit class yesterday, had to take care of some business. the diet is coming along, i am definitely eating more and happy about that. i need to go to the store to re-up on grocercies/fuel. the weather is pretty shitty down here so biking is looking a little shaky at the moment. if it happens to rain tomorrow, i will go do a circuit workout or crossfit workout. one thing i need to get use to is doing fasted cardio. i will be getting some purple wraath soon also so maybe this will help with the stomach pains. when i wake up, my stomach growls and it almost hurts. once i get going, i am fine, mind over matter!

first set of pics, i was around 192ish and now i am about 182. i have been 182 for a while (month or 2) but with this new training schedule, it should drop. i have been sticking to the workouts, just got done a 5K, took 30 minutes. the schedule is tough but i will stick to it as best as i can. my legs are feeling the run this evening. i had to miss my crossfit class yesterday, had to take care of some business. the diet is coming along, i am definitely eating more and happy about that. i need to go to the store to re-up on grocercies/fuel. the weather is pretty shitty down here so biking is looking a little shaky at the moment. if it happens to rain tomorrow, i will go do a circuit workout or crossfit workout. one thing i need to get use to is doing fasted cardio. i will be getting some purple wraath soon also so maybe this will help with the stomach pains. when i wake up, my stomach growls and it almost hurts. once i get going, i am fine, mind over matter!
    Have a small protein shake. Low to no carbs. Protein does spike insulin though but if it keeps you on the equipment for longer...

Beating your times in the 5K runs? That's what its all about. 10k is for distance.

Apples are best choice because of there pectin levels; keeps insulin from spiking high fast and coming down just as quick. Other fruits should be limited or avoided, unless your using a banana as a pwo fruit for the fast acting carbs and potassium.

Sorry to say about that...but it is what it is. Your trying to accomplish something in which certain things IMO are not the BEST choices for your goals. And you can't compare what your trying to do with anyone else...particularly Twist (as by pics)

I personally wouldn't have more than one fruit a day in your situation (I can relate) I have to do the same when reducing fat. Your holding your fat typically where most men would...and thats normal. I would increase more fibrous veggies to change how your body composition will change.
    broccoli, peppers, green beans, cauliflower, greens, celery....limited veggies that are carbs like carrots, peas and corn.

I can certainly tell the bf has changed from your pictures in Feb. Great job rajun...and I'm sure your being guided by a great guy on your diet

Have a small protein shake. Low to no carbs. Protein does spike insulin though but if it keeps you on the equipment for longer...

Beating your times in the 5K runs? That's what its all about. 10k is for distance.
    there is a local running club of about 400+ people that run every tuesday so it was fun! it was a 'running of the bulls' type theme! wore white with a red bandana, and was chased bulls! the run was crazy, there were stations of red bull shots at every mile marker!!!! i passed on them but people were definitely gettin' down! i will just have to work thru the pains and should be getting some purple wraath soon.

Apples are best choice because of there pectin levels; keeps insulin from spiking high fast and coming down just as quick. Other fruits should be limited or avoided, unless your using a banana as a pwo fruit for the fast acting carbs and potassium.

Sorry to say about that...but it is what it is. Your trying to accomplish something in which certain things IMO are not the BEST choices for your goals. And you can't compare what your trying to do with anyone else...particularly Twist (as by pics)

I personally wouldn't have more than one fruit a day in your situation (I can relate) I have to do the same when reducing fat. Your holding your fat typically where most men would...and thats normal. I would increase more fibrous veggies to change how your body composition will change.
    broccoli, peppers, green beans, cauliflower, greens, celery....limited veggies that are carbs like carrots, peas and corn.

I can certainly tell the bf has changed from your pictures in Feb. Great job rajun...and I'm sure your being guided by a great guy on your diet

yes, i am using the bananas in that fashion. i know what your saying with the fruits but i am not competing for any BB events or anything to that nature. i understand what you are saying with my goals and what i am doing for training. once i can get my endurance where i want it, i will scale back the cardio and start hitting the weights heavy again. i want to get as lean as possible before i start to pack on muscle. my body tends to put on muscle easy in certain areas and it also loves to hang on to the fat. i am the leanest and in the best shape i have ever been in my entire life. in the past, i was certainly stronger, but i was also fatter. i was around 227 at one point with a 36 inch waist, prob 11-12 years ago. i am now 182ish with a 32-33 inch waist, and could run circles around my old self. twist just started helping me about a week ago with everything so all of this is still new. i figure if i got this way in 6 months of hard work, work a little harder and see what happens! so here we go! and thanks for the compliments dahlin', greatly appreciated!!!

yes, i am using the bananas in that fashion. i know what your saying with the fruits but i am not competing for any BB events or anything to that nature. i understand what you are saying with my goals and what i am doing for training. once i can get my endurance where i want it, i will scale back the cardio and start hitting the weights heavy again. i want to get as lean as possible before i start to pack on muscle. my body tends to put on muscle easy in certain areas and it also loves to hang on to the fat. i am the leanest and in the best shape i have ever been in my entire life. in the past, i was certainly stronger, but i was also fatter. i was around 227 at one point with a 36 inch waist, prob 11-12 years ago. i am now 182ish with a 32-33 inch waist, and could run circles around my old self. twist just started helping me about a week ago with everything so all of this is still new. i figure if i got this way in 6 months of hard work, work a little harder and see what happens! so here we go! and thanks for the compliments dahlin', greatly appreciated!!!

Than everything you've been doin is worth it! Should be proud!!!

~hugs

feeling sluggish today. i woke up at 3am and could not fall back asleep. my mind started racing and never fell back asleep. i went to the gym earlier than usual and also came into work early. i may take this evening off to rest but i am really wanting to go ride. there is a group that does brick workouts on wednesdays so i am wanting to go check that out. i will let my body dictate what i do this evening. including sunday, i have done around 15 miles of running! i am pumped about that and it is only mid week!

Than everything you've been doin is worth it! Should be proud!!!

~hugs
    thanks again babe! i still have a ways to go, i ain't done yet!

If the melons have any bad effect than omit them. You are doing a lot of work for melons to make a difference. Depending on how pics come in the next month or two you will might want to add back in some weights because the physique changes will be more noticeable with muscle.

If the melons have any bad effect than omit them. You are doing a lot of work for melons to make a difference. Depending on how pics come in the next month or two you will might want to add back in some weights because the physique changes will be more noticeable with muscle.
    yes, that is what i have in mind. i know that the cardio is helping with the fat loss so want to make sure i continue doing it. i do miss hitting the weights but i am enjoying the endurance/cardio. i will mainly stick to bananas and apples. i will throw in some blueberries and strawberries here and there. what BF percentage do you think i am at? 18-19ish?

It's really hard to say with those pics. I would say 20 or so but its just a guess. I would need better pics of you relaxed, more like my avy.

Thread Information