Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 83
  1. #1
    Buddhabody's Avatar
    Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Where the sun don't shine
    Posts
    495

    Six months out from contest, want to gain...

    Newbie here,

    Age: 27
    Weight: 235
    Chest: '46
    Biceps: '19
    Waist: '38
    Quad: '28
    Calf: '17
    Forearm: '14
    Bodayfat: 9%

    Just came off of a low carb diet mixed with muscletech hydroxy cut. I was leaning out but after going to a competition over the weekend I'm looking to get bigger. I'm natural (no cycles). I started creatine again and beta-alanine with animal stak. I'm currently taking in 425-650 carbs a day and shooting for at least 315g of protein and 4000 overall calories. I'm gettin my carbs from oatmeal, brown rices, pancakes, orange juice, veggies, whole wheat bread, ritz crackers, oven pizza(sometimes). I just need to know if I'm on the right path? I have put cardio sessions down to twice or three times a week, is that too much or too little? Also I routine is back/chest, bi's and tri's, legs and shoulders and abs and forearms everyother session. I dont want my waist growing too much but I know it comes with more caloric intake. Any ideas or suggestions would help alot. Thanks everyone. Also I'm 6ft

  2. #2
    maxwkw is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    289
    You're 235 at 9% natural? How tall are you?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,911
    Not doubting you but 9% with a 38" waist?

    Post your diet with macros if you want to get it sorted out.

  4. #4
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Agree with the above 2 posts... something doesn't add up to me. Don't mean to doubt you right off the bat - but post up pics so we can see what we're dealing with.

  5. #5
    Buddhabody's Avatar
    Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Where the sun don't shine
    Posts
    495
    Breakfast: Bisquick and 4 scrambled eggs
    Snack: Green Apple
    Pre-workout: Whole wheat toast and 2 packages of oatmeal
    Post: Whey shake with ice cream
    Meal: Two quarter pound patties on whole wheat buns
    Meal: 5 baked chicken legs and 1 1/2 cup of broccoli

    Thats what I eat yesterday. Not at home right now, can you post pics from an iphone?

  6. #6
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabody View Post
    Breakfast: Bisquick and 4 scrambled eggs
    Snack: Green Apple
    Pre-workout: Whole wheat toast and 2 packages of oatmeal
    Post: Whey shake with ice cream
    Meal: Two quarter pound patties on whole wheat buns
    Meal: 5 baked chicken legs and 1 1/2 cup of broccoli

    Thats what I eat yesterday. Not at home right now, can you post pics from an iphone?
    I doubt it - it'd be easier to do from home for sure.

    But dude... i'm starting to doubt you even more. In fact, i'm starting to think this is a joke - your stat claims, your horrible diet, and talk of a few months out from a contest??? Hmm...

  7. #7
    SlimmerMe's Avatar
    SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA and many other places
    Posts
    11,408
    ^^^ he might have lucky duck genetics? could this be the case?

    Wish I could have some bisquicks and ice-cream and end up looking great! LOL

    TELL ME OP......what is your real secret here? I need to know...asap! thanks.......

  8. #8
    chi's Avatar
    chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    corruption
    Posts
    1,782
    lol that diet is definitely not "contest" material. Geeze though if those stats are true and you are all natural, besides the 38" waist which is absurd, you would be a big guy.

  9. #9
    chi's Avatar
    chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    corruption
    Posts
    1,782
    i always get my carbs from ritz crackers

  10. #10
    SlimmerMe's Avatar
    SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA and many other places
    Posts
    11,408
    but again. he could have great genetics....some people do. One of my x's did. He could eat anything and maintain less than 10% BF and I am not kidding.

  11. #11
    Buddhabody's Avatar
    Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Where the sun don't shine
    Posts
    495
    I will post pic tomorrow when I get home. I'm not trying to BS anyone. The bf is only 9% cause I just came off of 2 months of cutting with 4-6 45-60 sessions of cardio per week. I think I do have good genetics (but everyone says that). I doubt my bodyfat will stay under 15%. By the time I'm done. I started body building at 21 off and on. Started at 23 when I got my first corrections officer job at 170lbs. Besides creatine and beta-alanine and animal stak thats my building supps. I bust my ass at the gym 2hrs superset slipts with 2-3 breaks between sets. I didnt come on here to "WoW" anyone. I came here for advice, if you doubt my story. Thats ok but please dont disrespect the gains I've made. I read flex and MD and musclemag. I just wanted an idea on my carb intake and protein. If you want to belp awesome but if you think I'm blowing smoke.....dont bother replying. I'm new and respect everyones opinion....

  12. #12
    chi's Avatar
    chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    corruption
    Posts
    1,782
    ^^^^^^^^^all true but pics will tell us so

  13. #13
    Buddhabody's Avatar
    Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Where the sun don't shine
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by chi View Post
    lol that diet is definitely not "contest" material. Geeze though if those stats are true and you are all natural, besides the 38" waist which is absurd, you would be a big guy.
    I want to get my waistline smaller but I dont really want to focus on it since I'm trying to gain. In your opinion what should my waistline be with my stats? Thanks for the help

  14. #14
    Bigd89's Avatar
    Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,053
    You can upload photos from your phone, I do all the time.

  15. #15
    chi's Avatar
    chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    corruption
    Posts
    1,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabody View Post
    I want to get my waistline smaller but I dont really want to focus on it since I'm trying to gain. In your opinion what should my waistline be with my stats? Thanks for the help
    ideally 32-34

  16. #16
    Buddhabody's Avatar
    Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Where the sun don't shine
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigd89 View Post
    You can upload photos from your phone, I do all the time.
    how do I upload from an iphone

  17. #17
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabody View Post
    I will post pic tomorrow when I get home. I'm not trying to BS anyone. The bf is only 9% cause I just came off of 2 months of cutting with 4-6 45-60 sessions of cardio per week. I think I do have good genetics (but everyone says that). I doubt my bodyfat will stay under 15%. By the time I'm done. I started body building at 21 off and on. Started at 23 when I got my first corrections officer job at 170lbs. Besides creatine and beta-alanine and animal stak thats my building supps. I bust my ass at the gym 2hrs superset slipts with 2-3 breaks between sets. I didnt come on here to "WoW" anyone. I came here for advice, if you doubt my story. Thats ok but please dont disrespect the gains I've made. I read flex and MD and musclemag. I just wanted an idea on my carb intake and protein. If you want to belp awesome but if you think I'm blowing smoke.....dont bother replying. I'm new and respect everyones opinion....
    Nobody is trying to belittle you, trust me. But you are making some outrageous claims (not saying it's not true or impossible) and with the rest of your info (diet, waist vs. bodyfat), just don't add up. People are going to be leary because we see this kind of stuff all the time. It would really add to your credibility if you could take a current pic with something written on your hand or arm or something... keyword... 4GB .... just sayin.
    Last edited by gbrice75; 04-07-2011 at 12:03 PM.

  18. #18
    Buddhabody's Avatar
    Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Where the sun don't shine
    Posts
    495
    I will do it. It makes me feel good about myself cause if my stats seem unreal I must be doing something right.

  19. #19
    Bigd89's Avatar
    Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabody View Post
    how do I upload from an iphone
    Take your photo, go to edit your post, scroll down to manage attachment, add file, select file, done.

  20. #20
    Buddhabody's Avatar
    Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Where the sun don't shine
    Posts
    495
    I'm still trying to upload from my phone. I just emailed my pics to myself. If someone wants to see them you can message me your email. I'm not a spammer. Just want to show you folks the truth. I apperciate all your help.

  21. #21
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabody View Post
    I will do it. It makes me feel good about myself cause if my stats seem unreal I must be doing something right.
    It sure ain't that diet, lol! But honestly - if everything checks out, then you have sick genetics.

  22. #22
    tbody66's Avatar
    tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,238
    I'm incredibly intrigued!

  23. #23
    Bigd89's Avatar
    Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabody View Post
    I'm still trying to upload from my phone. I just emailed my pics to myself. If someone wants to see them you can message me your email. I'm not a spammer. Just want to show you folks the truth. I apperciate all your help.
    I have internet on my phone, which I use for this site. Just follow those steps and you got it!

  24. #24
    *Admin* is offline AR Admin
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    131,913
    Are you talking about the - Thrills and Chills weekend October 29, 2011 in Sleepy Eye Minnesota????

    That should stack up to be a great weekend... I am hoping to make it up for that as well... have several friends that will be helping out there... they stack it high for this event!

    IBPA Tournament Of Shadows Halloween Bodybuilding Championships




    .
    Every man has the ability to be a fool, it is what he does to recover that shows who the fool really is.
    ~Anonymous~

    Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
    ~Aldous Huxley~


    Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days! - www.SteroidCleanse.com



    Help Stop Steroid Abuse - Click Here!

  25. #25
    Buddhabody's Avatar
    Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Where the sun don't shine
    Posts
    495
    It keeps saying invalid file. I went to manage attachment and add files I tried to do it from my yahoo email. I'm stuck. But I'm going to try until I post them....

  26. #26
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Lmfao

  27. #27
    Buddhabody's Avatar
    Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Where the sun don't shine
    Posts
    495
    Give me an email address anyone and I will send the pics I took sunday. If you just give me an email I will email to whoever wants to see them.....I have nothing to hide...

  28. #28
    Buddhabody's Avatar
    Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Where the sun don't shine
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Lmfao
    Its all good bro.... I wouldnt believe me either. Send me your email if you doubt it.

  29. #29
    tbody66's Avatar
    tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,238
    someone send him your e-mail I really want to see those pics.

  30. #30
    Bigd89's Avatar
    Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,053
    .........
    Last edited by Bigd89; 04-07-2011 at 01:03 PM.

  31. #31
    tbody66's Avatar
    tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,238
    bigd, where in oklahoma are you?

  32. #32
    Bigd89's Avatar
    Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,053
    Lmao, Tulsa....maybe

  33. #33
    tbody66's Avatar
    tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,238
    I have a 46" chest and I'm 5'6" 189# and close to double what you say your bf is.

  34. #34
    tbody66's Avatar
    tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,238
    I used to live in tulsa, went to high school an hour west of there in Drumright. I liked tulsa a lot.

  35. #35
    Buddhabody's Avatar
    Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Where the sun don't shine
    Posts
    495
    Both of my pics have been sent. I hope you are all able to see them.
    Last edited by Buddhabody; 04-08-2011 at 08:36 PM.

  36. #36
    Bigd89's Avatar
    Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,053
    Huh?!?

  37. #37
    Bigd89's Avatar
    Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,053
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    I used to live in tulsa, went to high school an hour west of there in Drumright. I liked tulsa a lot.
    Yea, its a real great place to live. Compared to antlers, Oklahoma.....this place is a dream for me.

  38. #38
    SlimmerMe's Avatar
    SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA and many other places
    Posts
    11,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigd89 View Post
    Huh?!?
    you gave him your email address....did you intend to do this? not a good idea IMO

  39. #39
    Buddhabody's Avatar
    Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Where the sun don't shine
    Posts
    495
    I have a '36 waist. I apologize. I just looked at my stats again...

  40. #40
    Bigd89's Avatar
    Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabody View Post
    Both of my pics have been sent. I hope you are all able to see them. Thanks for giving me your email address I apperciate it.
    Got 'em, I see you! Give me a minute to post them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •