Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Thread/Log

-KJ- is offline Productive Member

My Thread/Log

I am using this to track my progress and for motivational reasons as you can keep me on track...

A friend of mine has recently completed his Level 2 Biosignature and PICP and as he is now opening his own PT Studio has asked me to be his ''test subject''.

A little on Biosignature:

The Biosignature Hormonal Assessment was developed by world-renowned researcher and strength coach, Charles Poliquin. It is based off of the premise that where the body stores body fat is a reflection of its hormonal profile. Put simply, where you store your fat determines what hormones are imbalanced.

The 12 sites:

Chin and Cheek: The first sites to go down during a diet. These sites aren't linked to any particular hormone imbalance but act as indicator sites as to whether or not the plan is working or not.

Pectoral and Triceps: The androgen sites. High pec readings in men in relation to the triceps can reflect an androgen imbalance which makes it far more difficult to add lean muscle mass.

Suprailliac and Subscapular: The insulin sites. These sites are related to blood sugar management. High readings here vs. the triceps may reflect poor insulin sensitivity and carb intolerance.

Mid-axillary: This site is correlated to thyroid hormone levels.

Umbilical: The infamous cortisol site. It can be high despite low overall body fat. If this site is imbalanced then steady state cardio would create a further imbalance and cause the client to store fat rather than burn it.

Knee and Medial Calf: These skinfolds are related to growth hormone and act as an indicator in the quality and quantity of sleep a client experiences.

Quadriceps and Hamstring: High levels here vs. the triceps are correlated to high estrogen levels. This site usually comes up in females. Lactate threshold training works best here.

.................................................. .................................................. .

I have had the 12 sites measured and the areas I hold most fat is Umbilical, Sub-scapula and Mid-axillary.

The Diet:
    Meal One: A high quality protein source and good source of fats...
    Every meal afterwards is to include high quality protein, good source of fats and a lot of fibrous carbs.
    Each meal should include a different protein source.
    Nuts should be consumed at 3-4 meals.
    2 fish oil caps should be consumed at each meal.

Gold Standard Whey will be consumed immediately PWO.

Water should be drank throughout the diet.

* For the first 10 days no complex or simple carbs should consumed. After this a moderate complex carb day will happeb every 5 days begining on day 11.

After 28 days I will have my sites taken again and may be able to include complex carbs in one or two meals depending on results.

Calories are still quite high and are roughly -500 of my TDEE.

The Workout:

This is a 2 day split done twice a week. Medium Volume but of high intensity ans short rest periods (45seconds).

I would really like to get your input on this guys. I will read thorough again and include anything I may have forgotten.

KJ

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Goog luck KJ! Looking forward to your progress~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Looking forward to it also...
    Just to see how it works with my body. My lowest BF% has been 17% so I hope to beat that and thats my first goal.
    Also forgot to state this gets up and running as of tomorrow.

What are your current stats starting out and how many cals will you be eating?

I've read about this biosignature before and very curious to see the results.

Good luck man - I'll be following this.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    I have had 2 people tell me of biosignature and really they suggest a diet that would be fine for everyone. All you need to look at is total cals/macros/and bf %. None of the sites really matter too much imo. They also try to give people hopes of spot reduction from what I remember. The diet will do you well. Good luck on your journey!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Subscribed bro, you better keep this thing alive!

Havnt worked out the total cals yet but will be doing so later today... Roughly starting out the cals are gonna be -500/600 cals but as my fat goes down the cals will increase slightly.

Starting Stats:
    Height 5' 7''
    Weight 167 lbs
    BF% 25%

In regards to spot reduction, Yeah i am on a supplement protocol for my 3 main areas i outlined above.
    I am told that if all goes well these 3 areas may reduce in fat more than other areas relative to how much fat I carry in that area. I am sceptical about it but am looking forward to see results as biosignature is a growing thing over here.

Thanks for the input guys. will post macros later today after first WO.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    GREAT INFO!

Never heard of this before and realy resinated with me ...
    I dont want to hyjack your thread BUT lol, would you mind answearing a few ? for me ...
    the Suprailliac area, is this the hips? (cuz it would explain alot for me)
    whats the Sub-scapula area? is this the back of neck?

and how do I subcribe to a thread cuz DAMN im interrested in how this all turns out for you

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    GREAT INFO!

I dont want to hyjack your thread BUT lol, would you mind answearing a few ? for me ...

and how do I subcribe to a thread cuz DAMN im interrested in how this all turns out for you
    sexy4, you are now subscribed!!!!

KJ, looking forward to seeing your future posts. it looks as if you will put your body into 'keto' during the first part. do they have any science/medical articles on adipose tissue location and hormones? keep logging in and it will help keep you on track and the criticism here is top notch, along with the compliments and motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    GREAT INFO!

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/BodyCompSites.html

Go to the link... Shows some of the main areas that are tested. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    KJ, looking forward to seeing your future posts. it looks as if you will put your body into 'keto' during the first part. do they have any science/medical articles on adipose tissue location and hormones? keep logging in and it will help keep you on track and the criticism here is top notch, along with the compliments and motivation.
    Yeah I was thinking that myself but only in the first part... I was hoping the carb refeed every 5 days would keep me out of it but ill have to see how my body responds. I have not found any articles yet but have not had much time to do research on it. The diet claims each site has a specific hormone. If their is an abundance of fat in one area it shows a hormone imbalance. Ill keep everything up to date.

Well today was the first day and I encountered the first problem. My supplements never arrived in the mail. I do understand though that it will take a few days to get this dialed in. Diet has been good so far and workout was very intense. To the point I felt nauseous leaving the gym. Other than this I feel good. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Well just finished meal 2 ( 6oz chicken breast grilled, 200g of broccoli, and approx 30g mixed nuts! and ill be going for my workout in about an hour so looking forward to that.
    Kinda sore from yesterday but im just gettin back into things so its expected.

Tomorrow is a rest day and on sunday I have a game so that will be my cardio for sunday.
    Cardio is done 4 times per week ( 2 training sessions, one game and one 6 mile jog done by myself)

getting back into sucks but you will be good to go in no time! what type of sport do you play?

Soccer... I need to drop weight and become quicker and more powerful! My training has incorporated this into it also!

Back from workout and still feel good! Felt like I got a very intense workout in also...

Will update more later on!

way to get it! i kind of figured soccer, great cardio!

So its a rest day today. Diet will remain the same with the exception of a PWO shake. All supplements and vitamins will be taken as normal.
    As of today I have dropped 0.7 lbs but is just water weight. Its a step in the right direction though...

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by -KJ- View Post
    So its a rest day today. Diet will remain the same with the exception of a PWO shake. All supplements and vitamins will be taken as normal.
    As of today I have dropped 0.7 lbs but is just water weight. Its a step in the right direction though...
    sure is!
    great energy!

Ok so today I had a game... Diet is back to normal and PWO shake was consumed after game!
    Meal 1: 4 egg whites with 2 yokes and ~30g nuts.
    Meal 2: Cellmass and PWO Shake - 2.5 scoops of Gold Standard Whey
    Meal 3: 150g Lean mince burger w/ peppers, onions, green beans.

Plan is to relax and recover for the day and ill be back in the gym tomorrow.

As you know this diet requires regular refeeds. As i have never been on a diet that required this I would like some info on it.

I am currently eating ~500 cals below TDEE. On my refeed day cals will be increased in form of carbs (oats, brown rice, Sweet Potatoe etc....)

I was wondering what are the pros/cons of a refeed?
    Does it promote muscle growth/fat loss etc...

Also by how much should I increase cals. 500 above TDEE which would be 250g of carbs that day. I am not sure what to do so any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

KJ

Just back from the gym and had a great session again.. Will weigh in on wednesday and see how I am doing.
    All water weight this week I expect but looking forward to the next 15 weeks of my life

As you know this diet requires regular refeeds. As i have never been on a diet that required this I would like some info on it.

I am currently eating ~500 cals below TDEE. On my refeed day cals will be increased in form of carbs (oats, brown rice, Sweet Potatoe etc....)

I was wondering what are the pros/cons of a refeed?
    Does it promote muscle growth/fat loss etc...
    How often will you be refeeding? If everything is in check, it can only be beneficial. However you might know i'm not a fan of CKD personally.

The diet requires a refeed every 6th day after the first 14 days!

Ok so weight today is 162.2 lbs
    That was taken first thing this morning. Happy with this but next week my aim is 2lbs at most.
    Workouts are still 2 fullbody workouts done twice a week.
    This will change in the next phase in 3 weeks depending n my fat loss progress.
    Diet is still great have not deviated once from it.

Might be ading a creatine supp in also. Just want to make sure its ok to do so first.

pkme is offline Junior Member
    gl KJ hope it works out, will be watching.

Just a quick post to say everything is still on track. Everything is the same as before except I may be excluding a refeed day for the first phase. Will wait and see what I am told...

As the source of protein in my diet changes daily ( ex: day 1 - Tuna, day 2 - Chicken, day 3 - lean mince, etc.....) I will be posting my daily diets in full and also my workouts in full.

Atm I really feel energetic even though I have had Minimal/No complex or simple carbs. Plenty of fibrous carbs though.

What do you guys think of Cucumber though? Would this be ok to eat on a low/no carb diet? Im talkin about 1 full cucumber in per day!

Just back from the gym and had a great session again.. Will weigh in on wednesday and see how I am doing.
    All water weight this week I expect but looking forward to the next 15 weeks of my life
    I bet you are! Keep up your progress.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Just a quick post to say everything is still on track. Everything is the same as before except I may be excluding a refeed day for the first phase. Will wait and see what I am told...

As the source of protein in my diet changes daily ( ex: day 1 - Tuna, day 2 - Chicken, day 3 - lean mince, etc.....) I will be posting my daily diets in full and also my workouts in full.

Atm I really feel energetic even though I have had Minimal/No complex or simple carbs. Plenty of fibrous carbs though.

What do you guys think of Cucumber though? Would this be ok to eat on a low/no carb diet? Im talkin about 1 full cucumber in per day!
    curious to hear.....
    Author Unknown

Phase One Workout:

This consists of two workouts. Format can be complete each workout twice per week or 3 workouts per week alternating between each workout.

* All tempo is 3-0-3.
    The eccentric phase is 3 seconds, no pause and 3 seconds on the concentric.
    All excercises are 3 sets 10-12 reps.
    Also all excercises are supersets.

Day 1:
    Bench Press
    Parallel Pull Ups (Use assisted machine if cannot reach 10 reps)

DB Chest Press 45o
    Leg Press

Hyperextensions
    Barbell Curls

Lateral Raises
    Crunches

Day 2:
    DB Chest Press 30o
    Alternating Lunges (12 reps each leg)

Wide grip Lat Pulldown
    Leg Curls

Upright Row w/Cable
    Crunches on swiss ball

Tricep Pulldown w/ Rope
    Calf Press on Leg Pres Machine

So today I had a game... 90 gruelling minutes of cardio in my mind
    anyway yesterday was a rest day and I AM BACK in the gym tomorrow morning.

11 days in and I am at 161.5 lbs exactly. Mirror - I dont look ant different.
    Going to take tape measurements for myself also beginning tomorrow.

Good idea, taking measurements. Are you SURE you don't look any different? You know you're your own worst critic, right?

You should start posting pics bro, it's the best thing you can do. Get the honest feedback from people on here, it helps, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Good idea, taking measurements. Are you SURE you don't look any different? You know you're your own worst critic, right?

You should start posting pics bro, it's the best thing you can do. Get the honest feedback from people on here, it helps, trust me.
    Yeah I know I am my own worst critic. When I came to this site I got a great deal of info but never used it in the correct way. Stopping diets, starting diets etc... this diet will hopefully get me going in the right direction. I guess im more afraid of the truth than anything and I am not comfertable looking at my own body let alone anyone else

Im thinking with the scales, mirror, weekly measurements and skin fold tests every 4-6 weeks ill have a better idea of my progress.

ATM im not too worried about LBM but am trying to maintain it but just wanna get fat down and go from there.

All is good so far in and I hope to keep it this way for awhile yet. Maybe another 3-4 weeks and ill start getting pics up. I still regard myself as a newb so im hoping this kickstarts a big change in my body.

I understand how you feel about being uncomfortable and what not, believe me - I HATE posting pics. But remember that we're all here for the same reason, and as I think you can see, nobody makes fun of anybody or is insulting or derogatory. If that happens, they'll be dealt with swiftly, I can promise that.

You'll get sometimes harsh criticism, but it'll always be constructive, i.e. not brow beating or berating. It's what we all need to push on!

Yeah i know what your saying GB... Thanks for the words of wisdom.
    Will definitely think about what u said!
    Thanks

So start of another week. I am counting this as week two as the first 4 days was getting use to the diet and everything in order to begin properly.
    Its a workout day to and I hope to increase some of the main lifts. It is hard to increase all lifts as they are supersets but ill increase as much as I can.

^^^ even if you increase on a single exercise, it's progress. Baby steps.

BABY STEPS is the name of this game.....I AM A BABY!

We are babies trying to become toddlers! TO ESCAPE! They say the first steps of a child are AWAY from the parents....( did you know this Gbrice?)
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    ^^^ even if you increase on a single exercise, it's progress. Baby steps.
    Exactly ^^... So Im back from my workout anyway.

Increased 30 degree DB Press by 2.5 lbs on all sets.

Also increased Lat Pulldown by 5lbs on all sets.

So im happy with this progress. Next time I do day 2 of workout ill try use my new weights on these 2 excercises and try increase a different 2.

Diet has been 100% today and have 2 more meals to go before bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    BABY STEPS is the name of this game.....I AM A BABY!

We are babies trying to become toddlers! TO ESCAPE! They say the first steps of a child are AWAY from the parents....( did you know this Gbrice?)
    Nope. I guess it's their first step in the inevitable journey of getting away from the parents, lol! I completed my journey at 19 and never looked back!

Exactly ^^... So Im back from my workout anyway.

Increased 30 degree DB Press by 2.5 lbs on all sets.

Also increased Lat Pulldown by 5lbs on all sets.

So im happy with this progress. Next time I do day 2 of workout ill try use my new weights on these 2 excercises and try increase a different 2.

Diet has been 100% today and have 2 more meals to go before bed.
    Awesome bro. 5lbs is great - might not seem like much by itself, but let's say you add 5lbs a month. Over the course of a year, you've added 60lbs to your lift - that's huge!

Don't forget the other 'variables' - i.e. it's not just about increasing weight. Increase reps, and/or rest time between sets. Even if weight stays the same and either of these 2 increases, that is considered progress.

Keep it up!

Well just back from training (soccer). Will be back in the gym tomorrow and hope to increase another lift.

You are right GB, I am just looking for slow steady progress. Instead of a 12 week diet I am looking for a life time change so for me consistency is key in this.

Today I woke up late and had no time to make my eggs so I lugged down 2 weetabix and whey shake and had my 2 fish oils but its no big deal. First time I 'cheated' but cardio made up for it.

Well just back from training (soccer). Will be back in the gym tomorrow and hope to increase another lift.

You are right GB, I am just looking for slow steady progress. Instead of a 12 week diet I am looking for a life time change so for me consistency is key in this.

Today I woke up late and had no time to make my eggs so I lugged down 2 weetabix and whey shake and had my 2 fish oils but its no big deal. First time I 'cheated' but cardio made up for it.
    That's not a cheat mate. That's called improvising. If you had a taylor ham egg and cheese sandwich or a bagel w/ cream cheese - THAT'S cheating. You simply used interchangeable sources with similar macros. Good job!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information