Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    yogiart is offline Junior Member

Food Plan

New Diet.pdf
    please critique

I am very foggy and irritable but I did not smoke. Very difficult to focus

Today,
    I did not do anything as far as gym or cardio. I felt sleepy, tired, foggy and have very little concentration due to non smoking. I woke up at 7am. My wife told me to watch our son while she buys something. After about an hour waiting for her to come back so I can do the cardio, I went ahead and eat my breakfast. This thro my whole day off. I was planning to do cardio first but I couldn't leave my son without watching.The rest of the day pretty much didn't do much. I even tried to do some house finances or do some work but I couldn't focus.

Good news:
    I did not smoke today. big pat on my back. My mind kept telling me that I should smoke just a cig and nothing more just to feel better but I did not.
    I cooked for the next week chicken breasts for two dinners and three 5PM meals. This is new to me.
    I spent a load of time browsing and reading in his site. I prepared a spread sheet with MACROS and uploaded it above.

Tomorrow:
    - I will drink more water
    - I am planning on going to the gym and do chest and bis around noon. I'll very easy on myself because it is the first time for a long time.
    - Fasted cardio in the am
    - cook grean beans in the morning before gong to work and take lunch with me.
    Last edited by yogiart; 10-03-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Well done on not smoking. The quitting is worth it. Trust me on that one.

The dietary approach we are following here is for people who lift. You really need to start hitting the gym hard as soon as you can to get the best out of it.

As far as the diet is concerned I like it better that you will be lifting 2 hours after breakfast, not 3. Post workout can you swap your gatorade for an equivalent amount of carbs in oats? Maybe even drop the banana and go for a full 50g of carbs just from the oats?

Meal 3 is good.

Meal 4 is bad. SOme real protein here, not whey. Chicken, tuna, steak etc. Also, carrots are not the best choice of veg. Lot's of carbs in carrots and peas. Brocolli, spinach asparagus are better choices.

Meal 5 has too much protein and waaaaay too many carbs. Drop both to 40-50g each.

Forget whey at bed time, there is no need. If you can't stomach another source of real food protein then a casein shake at 40g protein. Add 5g of fish oils here too.

Rework the diet with the slight adjustments and repost it and we'll be somewhere close.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by yogiart View Post
    I did not notice that there is cottage cheese. I can't eat it because I am lactose intolerant. Maybe I can replace with whey? Casein?
    I am thinking......I do know some members don't add the cottage cheese but when I did this my pancakes were a bit on the cardboard side....but I used steel cut oats which might have done that so you might try without the cottage cheese but with regular oats which is what I use now anyway....but I do know there is a thread in the recipe section about other pancake recipes and if I recall correctly some members use sugar free apple sauce....

KUDOS to you on not smoking. This is terrific news.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Update

Great day for me, so many good life style changes:
    - Wake up and done 30 minutes cardio
    - Was at the gym at 11am and worked out for 50 minutes. Chest and bis. I lift the gym can't carry my arms even though I did not go heavy.
    - I followed everything in my diet plan (thanks steM)

I did everything in the plan except one thing: at dinner, my wife made whole wheat pasta with very lean beef. I took a bowl. I can not count macros though. I hope it is alright. SteM?
    I did feel hungry today except right before meals. My PWO meal felt a little big though. I believe this happens because my breakfast gig took too long, preparing and eating, etc. so there where not much time in between.

Here is my updated plan:

New Diet.pdf
    Attached Files Attached Files

As long as you had the wholewheat pasta when you should have had rice and didn't overeat I wouldn't worry about it too much. But try and know how much you are eating.

New diet looks pretty good. I would just try and get the protein content on meal 4 up to 40g and see how you go with that.

Good that you are back in the gym!!!

Great day for me, so many good life style changes:
    - Wake up and done 30 minutes cardio
    - Was at the gym at 11am and worked out for 50 minutes. Chest and bis. I lift the gym can't carry my arms even though I did not go heavy.
    - I followed everything in my diet plan (thanks steM)

I did everything in the plan except one thing: at dinner, my wife made whole wheat pasta with very lean beef. I took a bowl. I can not count macros though. I hope it is alright. SteM?
    I did feel hungry today except right before meals. My PWO meal felt a little big though. I believe this happens because my breakfast gig took too long, preparing and eating, etc. so there where not much time in between.
    Looking better and better.....
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    As long as you had the wholewheat pasta when you should have had rice and didn't overeat I wouldn't worry about it too much. But try and know how much you are eating.

Good that you are back in the gym!!!
    Is the whole wheat pasta from the approved list? Yes, I did eat it instead of the rice meal. If it is approved, I'll try to shoot for the same Macros.
    Also, how about sweet potatos? I just bought a few.
    Last edited by yogiart; 10-04-2011 at 01:02 PM.

Update

Yesterday I weigh myself and I was 243, which is the same as I begun. As if I did not do anything. I will not feel bad about this but I still shooting for getting into below 20% within the next 5-6 months. My goal is to get to 14%.

I'll weigh myself again on Wed or Thursday.

I am breaking down what I am doing at the gym right now. My focus is good posture and to workout the muscles again.

Today I couldn't do fasted cardio due to morning coordination-went-wrong between my wife and I (preparing my son, taking him to day care, get my wife ready to go to work, etc.) so I decided to do it at the gym.

10am I was at the gym
    I worked out my back muscle
    jumpped on the elliptical for 20 minutes and believe me, I was DONE!
    I feel great

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe;576***2
    Looking better and better.....
    Absolutely!
    On top of that, if feels very good to make a decision and follow it through. I follow it through because I know it is the best for me, because it makes me more me than the old me.
    One day at a time. . .

So, your weight hasn't changed yet. When did you originally weigh yourself and what day did you start the diet?

Wholewheat pasta is ok, I have it when I need a change from rice. Sweet potato? Yes, yes, yes. Better than pasta, better than rice. I dislike them. But I eat them as my pre workout carb source.

Good that you have made the change. Keep it going!

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    So, your weight hasn't changed yet. When did you originally weigh yourself and what day did you start the diet?

Wholewheat pasta is ok, I have it when I need a change from rice. Sweet potato? Yes, yes, yes. Better than pasta, better than rice. I dislike them. But I eat them as my pre workout carb source.
    Good that you have made the change. Keep it going!
    Great!
    Ok, I have a perfect explanation about the weight. I started on 9/26 on low carb. I lost water weight about 3lbs. Sunday I cheated and ate everything, I gained back the water. Now I am two days into the new diet that we are setting together. I think once my body learns the new method I am doing now, I should lose a bunch of weight at the beginning. Then 2lbs/week should be my goal there after.
    Let's see how my body deals with the new routine in a week or 10 days.

Do you think I should use any supps like NO2, CMM? Or should I wait?
    Also I assume that you'll advise me to not cheat at all at the beginning as you told others? I am all for it? I'll cheat when you tell me to cheat.
    As far as my work out, I know that you alternate between 6-8 reps and 8-12 reps workouts. I am all for that too. I am very flexible on my workout regimen, here is a suggestion:

Monday: Chest, Bi
    Tuesday: Back + extra 30 minute Cardio
    Wednesday: Off
    Thursday:Shoulder, Tris
    Friday: Legs, abs
    Sat and Sun are off
    Fasted cardio every day except Saturdays (day after legs-day)

woke up very sore. I love it.
    What should I do on as far as diet on my non workout days? What about my PWO meal? Same? too much carbs?

great!
    Ok, i have a perfect explanation about the weight. I started on 9/26 on low carb. I lost water weight about 3lbs. Sunday i cheated and ate everything, i gained back the water. Now i am two days into the new diet that we are setting together. I think once my body learns the new method i am doing now, i should lose a bunch of weight at the beginning. Then 2lbs/week should be my goal there after.
    Let's see how my body deals with the new routine in a week or 10 days.

Do you think i should use any supps like no2, cmm? Or should i wait?
    Also i assume that you'll advise me to not cheat at all at the beginning as you told others? I am all for it? I'll cheat when you tell me to cheat.
    As far as my work out, i know that you alternate between 6-8 reps and 8-12 reps workouts. I am all for that too. I am very flexible on my workout regimen, here is a suggestion:

Monday: Chest, bi
    tuesday: Back + extra 30 minute cardio
    wednesday: Off
    thursday:shoulder, tris
    friday: Legs, abs
    sat and sun are off
    fasted cardio every day except saturdays (day after legs-day)
    perfect.....
    Author Unknown

Workout split looks good.

Personally, I wouldn't do fasted cardio on legs day. But would DEFINITELY do it the day after.

Pre workout boosters are your own choice. You haven't been in the gym for a while so I would suggest that you won't need them for a little while. All I take pre workout is 200mg caffeine and kre alkalyn creatine. If you go for an NO2 booster or similar, remember to factor in the macro's, if any.

And yes, I'm gonna suggest you don't cheat. For as long as possible. At least 4 weeks. At least!

^^ I think he is doing fasted the day after from how it looks ...

and agree in the cheat. It is amazing how a cheat early in this game can be counterproductive....
    Get used to the new lifestyle first and you will be shocked how good you feel in a few weeks....
    Author Unknown

Thanks guys for peaking.
    Diet today is great. I can't believe the amount of food I am eating and still lose weight. Today I showed 1.6lb weight loss from yesterday. I know I should weigh myself once a week but I am obsessed. 30 minute cardio not fasted due to waking up a little late. I needed the sleep with my new muscle and cardio. Tomorrow I'll do Shoulders and tris and fasted cardio of 30 minutes. I have an appointment between 9-11am so probably I'll workout after my second meal tomorrow.
    One day at a time. Oh, btw, the sweet potato was delicious!

Things are going as the diet and gym. I stopped my membership with my gym today because they don't have kid's care and went to Gold's Gym. My wife asked me to go out and have dinner together but I did not know where to go and stay on the diet. I decided to go to sweet tomatos since they have a big salad bar, chicken soup and sweet potatos.

Day after tomorrow I'll weigh myself. I can't wait.

Update

HI,
    I am a little disappointed and confused. Here is my weight information:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

My scale shows that I lost weight but gained fat. I still feel a little bloated around my waist area. Maybe too much water.

I have been following my diet. Sometimes I switch things around as long as still an approved food and same MACROS. For example, I slept today in the afternoon and woke up at 7.30pm. I did not have time to cook rice so I switch the rice with oatmeal. I still cook chicken and eat one serving per meal which is about 40g of protein with no additions. I just George Form it and eat it as is.

I did not do cardio yesterday because it was a leg day but I couldn't walk today from the Lounges and squats I did yesterday so I did not do cardio today either. I am planning on continue the 6x/wk fasted cardio. please help, do I need to make some changes, or just be patient a week or two more to really be able to judge?
    Last edited by yogiart; 10-08-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Don't give too much credence to a bodyfat result from a set of scales. They are notoriously off the mark, particularly depending on how de/hydrated you are.

You have started lifted weights again, should be having ample protein and have lost weight. Keep going, more of the same!

^^^ x2...keep it up. All of the sudden some day SOON you will wake up and really see a difference.
    Author Unknown

yes, everything will stay the same.

Today it was little chaotic though.
    7.30 am Cardio for 30m
    8.15 Breakfast (5egg whites and 1 whole egg + oatmeal) and sometimes I add berries.
    Then I had a meeting that ended at 12PM
    12.30 Shake on the go. There was no time to do anything.
    3.30PM I had no time to for anything because I was in a middle of a meeting and I knew then that the meeting will stay long and I won't be back at home before 5PM. So I bought a protein bar with F:8, C:32, P: 32. I know that i had to do something and that was the best I could do at the circumstances.

Now that I am back home I'll cook some chicken and try to have another two to three meals before I sleep.
    I believe the day did not go as planned but I made the best out of it. IOW, I did not eat a burger or any fast food.

I am going to Sweet Tomatos with my wife. It is an all-you-can-eat salad bar. They have so many things like pizza, chicken soup (which I can pick the chicken from it), brownies, ice cream, sweet potatoes,
    What should I eat? I wouldn't use any salad dressing due to the high fat but I have not cheated for 10 days and I am welling to follow SteM's instructions.
    I was planning on eating a sweet potato, salad and chicken breasts from the chicken soup. What you guys think?

Update

HI,
    Yesterday I had to go with my wife to a restaurant. I couldn't stay on my approved food or Cal range. I went above and beyond. This was the first day I have a cheat meal since I started on the Low Cal diet on 10/2

Everything else is going the same. Diet, morning cardio, 4 days of lifting. I updated my status on my spread sheet. Here it is:

If I believed my scale, that means I am gaining muscles and I am losing fat at the same time. This is not hard to believe since I had more muscles in the past so I am regaining them not making up new muscles.

There should be no restaurants in the near future but I had to celebrate with my wife that she lift her work. This is the first time she is not working since she was 14.
    Last edited by yogiart; 10-13-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Well, don't sweat on the cheat too much. Not ideal but straight back on with the plan.

As you haven't lifted in a while it is quite feasible that you will gain some muscle and lose fat at the same time.

Keep on it.

Thanks for the tip SteM.
    Today was legs day. I worked my legs more than before. Last week I couldn't walk after squats and lounges. Today I added few machines. Due to lower back pain, I don't think I should do squats for now so I used weight loading machine instead where I do the same movement but while sitting. Saturday and Sunday I will not do weight lifting. I am planning to do x2 cardio tomorrow and completely rest on Sunday.

During dinner, i had a bigger portion of a sweet potato. I'll try to cut them in halfs next time.

Still no smoking. I have a couple of questions:
    Can I have the fasted cardio with my coffee? I use powder non-dairy creamer which is low on cals.

Should I follow the same diet on the non-workout days?

caffeine before fasted cardio is good but is much better in the form of a pill than liquid. 200mg tablets are easily and cheaply available.

On my non workout days I follow the same diet, I just sub my PWO shake for a real meal with the same macro's.

Did you take 'before' photo's?

I have been taking pics. I need to transfer them to my computer though. Nothing good to look at. A man with a belly hanging lol. Embarrassing to post in here. When I lose a bunch of belly fat, I am planning on posting before and current side by side.

My wife has planted some melons in the back yard. I had to test them and I couldn't help but eating a portion. It is home grown delicious melons. What do you think? I know she still have more where these came from

M

One problem I am facing today. I have one of my fav bands playing a concert and I am going to see them for the first time. I'll have to be there between 5Pm maybe to 11PM. I don't drink anyway, so there is no problem with that. The problem is that they only sell junk food. I don't think I can get my own food with me. WHAT SHOULD I DOOOO???

Well, I'll have the last meal right on my way. It is going to be chicken and green beans. Then once I am there, I have two choices:
    1- Starve, catabolic, and hard to do in a concert.
    2- Eat whatever they offer with small quantities and try to choose the best choices they have. I assume that they will be selling pop corn, hot dog, pizza, burgers, salted pretzels, and deep fried whatever. . .
    I hope I hear from you before I go in few hours.

Perhaps the burger without the bun and you will be fine.
    Author Unknown

Eat before you go.

Eat nothing there.

Eat once you either get back in the car or home.

I did my best but I will consider this day a cheat. It is frustrating to yo-yo like that but I am back on track now.

^^ sounds good jumping back on the horse. This is a process.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    ^^ sounds good jumping back on the horse. This is a process.
    Thanks SlimmerMe, I'll be more consistent. I'll have to admit that I also smoked two cigs last night. I did not smoke again and no excuses any more. I think I could've done what SteM said, oh well, next time

What do you think SteM? I am not losing quickly. I have joint issues too. My right shoulder and my right ankle. Should I add hgh? Should I decrease cals more? Or do just keep doing what I am doing? I will not cheat any time soon.
    In the past, I tried Ephedrine and clen . Both give me hard time even in low doses. I don't think I can use these again. I am thinking also of adding something like hydroxycut. Never used it before but it is cheap in Costco. I am not sure how I am going to handle it. My appatite is good and the food I am eating is plenty. I did not change anything in my food plan but sometimes I switch things around.

Well, you have had quite a few cheats already in just a short space of time. 1 cheat a week can negate a full 7 days dieting.

Have you checked 405's progress log? No cheats and barely a workout missed.

Do you know the cause of your joint problems? You can't fix something properly if you don't know what's wrong with it.

Keep doing what you are doing and miss the cheats.

Should I add hgh? .
    IMO? no. And here is why. It could very well blow you up even more. Think about it. Many who want hgh want it to get bigger. Granted it does help with new muscle cells creating more of a lean mass but anytime the word MASS comes into play there are chances you will do exactly that. Get massive. And your goal right now is to learn to eat better for a lifestyle change. There are some members who get by eating all they want with gh but not many. When I took hgh I felt like a moose and one reason I am here. Put on about 20 pounds with it.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SteM
    Well, you have had quite a few cheats already in just a short space of time. 1 cheat a week can negate a full 7 days dieting.

Have you checked 405's progress log? No cheats and barely a workout missed.

Do you know the cause of your joint problems? You can't fix something properly if you don't know what's wrong with it.

Keep doing what you are doing and miss the cheats.
    I am reading 405 now, thanks for the tips. No cheats, not even on Halloween lol! I am planning to trick or treating with my 2.5 yo son it is too much candies for him if u know what I mean And btw, I don't miss gym at all, in fact I am always looking forward to it
    Last edited by yogiart; 10-24-2011 at 01:35 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information