Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Ladyblahblah is offline Female Member

LadyBlahBlah's Daily Diet Log

I got my TDEE from a website when putting this together a few days ago. Then saw the thread Admin put up via Jimmyinkedup (thanks guys!!). Came to 2,321 and 2,303 with the other, therefore I guess I’m safe to assume my TDEE is around 2,300. I’m 35 yrs old 5feet 5inches tall and my goal is to lose weight and, of course, body fat. The following menu is what I would typically do on a daily basis while dieting. I’m starting this daily log in hopes to find some help with losing weight and for accountability purposes as well. I apologize for it being so long (Hence, username LadyBlahBlah. Lol) but wanted to make sure I provide all info needed.

Meal One:
    One cup oatmeal (cooked)
    150 calories
    3 fat
    27 carbs
    5 protein
    One egg
    70 calories
    5 fat
    6 protein
    1.5 sat fat
    1/3 cup egg whites (9 Tbsp)
    75 calories
    3 carbs
    15 protein
    7 packets of splenda (yes, 7. no that is not a misprint. Haha.)
    28 calories (approx)
    ?? sugars
    1 tsp Torani sugar free syrup
    1 tsp Smart Balance Light w/ omega 3’s
    25 calories
    2.5 fat
    1 sat fat
    TOTAL:
    348 calories
    10.5 fat
    2.5 sat fat
    30 carbs
    26 protein[/B]Snack:
    9 mini quaker rice cakes
    70 calories
    2.5 fat
    11 carbs
    1 protein
    1/8 cup almonds
    85 calories
    8 fat
    .5 sat fat
    3 carbs
    .5 sugar
    3 protein
    TOTAL:
    155 calories
    10.5 fat
    14 carbs
    .5 sugar
    4 protein [/B]

I guess I need to rethink my snack?? I’m sure I’m going to get slapped on the wrist for the mini rice cakes (I hope not ~ they’re so yummy ) ….and I see that I need to increase my amount of protein. I’ll sometimes have an ounce or 2 of Better Balance protein pretzels as a snack. 1 0z = to: 110 calories, 10 carbs, 10 grams protein. Or do I need to forget about the pre-packaged foods??

I divide into “meals” vs “breakfast, lunch….” because I sometimes eat oatmeal twice a day (smaller portion). I substitute the eggs with a protein shake. I get burned out on brown rice and do this when I don’t have sweet potatoes pre-cooked. Is this okay, or no because of all the “junk” I put into my oats?

Meal two:
    ½ cup (cooked) brown rice
    117 calories
    1 fat
    24 carbs
    2 protein
    3oz baked salmon
    127 calories
    3 fat
    21 protein
    1 tsp Smart Balance
    25 calories
    2.5 fat
    1 sat fat
    TOTAL:
    269 calories
    7.5 fat
    1 sat fat
    24 carbs
    23 protein
    Meal three:
    3oz tilapia
    82 calories
    .5 fat
    17 protein
    1 sugar free Jello pudding cup
    60 calories
    1.5 fat
    13 carbs
    1 protein
    TOTAL:
    142 calories
    2 fat
    13 carbs
    18 protein

Okay, so I know the first thing is to add veggies with my meals. Problem is the only veggies I can stomach (that aren’t starchy vegs) are green beans and asparagus. So, I guess I need to cowgirl up and go buy some….and a steamer. My question is how many ounces of veggies per meal?

I’ll stick a no sugar added fudge pop in there somewhere during the day, too. (Yes, I have a sweet tooth. Lol.)
    40 cals
    1 fat
    10 carbs
    2 sugar
    1.5 protein

I drink a protein shake after cardio (walking) which consists of ½ scoop of Opt Nutrition Whey and ½ scoop of Pro Complex. I haven’t been doing cardio consistently but starting Wednesday I WILL!

TOTAL DAILY’ISH:
    1,081 calories
    32.5 fat
    91 carbs
    92.5 protein
    ?? sugar

Okay, so I didn’t realize the amount of fat and sat fat I’ve been taking in. I really don’t want to omit the Smart Balance but it looks like I may have to? If anyone has any other suggestions for a proper substitute I would be very appreciative. The spray butter alternatives are so questionable so I think I should stay away? I just don’t see myself putting only 4 sprays of anything…on ANYthing. I used to use the powders like Butter Buds, etc, but I just can’t handle those anymore. Tastes like what I can imagine the pipes in my basement tasting like. Haha. I will be incorporating 1 to 2 tsp of fish oil daily very soon so I’ll need to work those additional cals and fats in as well. Oh, and cooking, baking, etc I use non-stick cooking spray ~ no oils.

I was not measuring my protein until last week; Bought a scale and realized I was only eating 2 to 2 ½ ounces. So, I will be cooking my proteins for the week ahead, weighing them and putting them in individual plastic-ware so as to be sure and have correct amt at each meal.

Blood work was done in July; Started 30 mg Armour and HRT August 4th.
    Free t4 1.1 0.7-1.7
    Free t3 2.0 2.3-4.2

Starting Wednesday I’ll be shooting to do cardio no less than 6 times a week. Walking and or using my stationary bike for 45-60 minutes once a day. I want to work my way up to doing cardio twice a day for a few days a week, hopefully sooner than later. No gym membership yet so strength training will have to be done at home ~ 3 times a week unless someone suggests otherwise.
    So, should I keep my calories where they are since I need to add veggies and will be adding the fish oil in a few days? I found Baseline's chart and see that I may possibly need to be at 1680 / 168 / 168 / 37.3

I didn’t realize what a hot mess this diet was until actually sitting down and doing the numbers officially and seeing them on paper. Yikes! I appreciate anyone taking the time to read all of this exceptionally long thread and thank you in advance for any help and suggestions. Hope I’ve provided all info need for input.

Thanks again (and sorry it's so long ),
    LadyBB

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Woot! Been wondering when we'd see you around these parts LBB (see, you already have your acronym name!)! I am about ready to pass out and need to get to bed, so am saving this read for scrutiny tomorrow. However, I will say that I personally am not a big fan of the TDEE calculators as they always tend to come out on the high end IMO. Having said that, I doubt your TDEE is 2300 calories. Hell, MY TDEE is around 2300. You're a 5'5 female, i'm a 5'11 190lb male... unlikely we have similar maintenance calories.

Just wanted to throw that out there. I'll check in tomorrow and delve into this further if you're interested.

PS - do you have an idea of your BF%? An educated guess?

Lol! Thanks SO much GB!

I knew something had to be wrong. I think I was just impressed that I could do the math equations to figure it out! LOL! No way in the world my fatt a*s is burning that many calories on a daily basis. And, no, I have no idea what my bf% is.

I'm absolutely interested in you delving in further and I'll do what I need to do in order to make this work and make it easier on those who want/can help. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I won't touch your diet as GB will give you more insight than I ever could. But I will agree your TBEE can't be 2,300. I weigh 192 and have been stuck there for a week while eating 1,800 calories.

You are doing HRT? My wife is looking into that...how is it working for you? PM me if you don't want to clog up your thread.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Well well well....Look who joined us here!! TERRIFIC! So glad you going to change your life along with the rest of us.

As far as the butter spray? I use Can't believe its not butter in the spray form. I think that is what you were wondering, correct?
    And do you like pancakes? I will post up a great recipe if you do. And they are pre-approved here and sure work magic on getting the BF down.

How much weight do you want to lose in what amount of time? Reason I ask is because this really helps to focus. I was asked this in the beginning and it forced me to come forth with my goal.

Happy happy you are here with us. Will certainly follow your thread. GOOD LUCK Lady B!
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 10-17-2011 at 10:02 PM.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    AAgree with your cals are too high. Try to minimise your snacking, I'm not a fan of rice cakes, or any pre packaged food. Goodluck.

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Hi LBB, welcome!
    So you got started, awesome.
    The accountability will help.
    Almonds, ricecakes are great snacks. Natural right?
    You know as an alternative you can put all your breakfast ingredients in a blender with some water (raw natural oats, not the flavored ones). Drink your breakfast as you´re getting dressed, make up whatever, or bring with you in your car on your way to work.(If time is an issue) Sometimes you can exchange the eggs for cottage cheese or a scoop Casein or other proteins. Then you wont need Splenda at all. I personally just don´t like substitute anything.
    These substitutes does not break down during digestion, passes right through us, and are harming our ocean life in a noticeable degree, and getting worse every year.....just saying
    Love to hear your experience and reason for HRT at some point, unless too private.
    Good luck!!

Rya
    Rya is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flier
    Sometimes you can exchange the eggs for cottage cheese or a scoop Casein or other proteins. Then you wont need Splenda at all. I personally just don´t like substitute anything.
    These substitutes does not break down during digestion, passes right through us, and are harming our ocean life in a noticeable degree, and getting worse every year.....just saying
    If she likes to have splenda with eggs then Its a reasonable assumption that she will with cottage cheese too.

People should not be concerned about pissing out some splenda... The amount of pollutants pumped into the sea from chemical plants etc and disasters such as the BP oil spill will far exceed anything that an avg individual will ever do.

It may be worth slowly reducing the amount of splenda that you add, just to gradually wean yourself down to a lower amount - might help with cravings etc.. I love splenda too

ARGH!!!! I just spent the last 30 mins trying to be as detailed as possible, and lost my fvcking post!!!!!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    welcome to the place where the magic happens! i agree with the rest, TDEE too high. i am sure that GB and slim will get you dialed in correctly. will be subscribed!
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 10-18-2011 at 10:31 AM.

Splenda keeps me sane and away from much worse things...
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Rya
    Rya is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00
    welcome to the place where the magic happens! i agree with the rest, cals too high. i am sure that GB and slim will get you dialed in correctly. will be subscribed!
    Do you mean the tdee? b.c to me 1000 cal (what lbb is eating) doesn't seen a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Rya View Post
    Do you mean the tdee? b.c to me 1000 cal (what lbb is eating) doesn't seen a lot!
    yup, whooops. let me edit that, thanks for catching that.

Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    AAgree with your cals are too high. Try to minimise your snacking, I'm not a fan of rice cakes, or any pre packaged food. Goodluck.
    I try to stay as close to 1200 calories a day as possible. I think I confused myself with the estimated TDEE deelio and....just need to figure out what is the appropriate amount to take in daily. Thanks so much for your input and for the good wishes, auslifta!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Well well well....Look who joined us here!! TERRIFIC! So glad you going to change your life along with the rest of us.

As far as the butter spray? I use Can't believe its not butter in the spray form. I think that is what you were wondering, correct?
    And do you like pancakes? I will post up a great recipe if you do. And they are pre-approved here and sure work magic on getting the BF down.

How much weight do you want to lose in what amount of time? Reason I ask is because this really helps to focus. I was asked this in the beginning and it forced me to come forth with my goal.

Happy happy you are here with us. Will certainly follow your thread. GOOD LUCK Lady B!
    Exactly, Slimmer! I was using the Parkay spray but started using the Smart Choice because I actually know how much of what is actually in it. (that make sense?? lol) I want to know if it's a good idea or if I should use an alternative. I need some good fats in my diet and want to omit the bad and saturated fats as much as possible. So, I guess I'll wait and see what the jury decides re: this.

My ultimate goal is to lose 30 pounds. Not really sure about in what period of time, yet. I guess that's another reason I'm asking for help. Unfortunately, I've never been "realistic" about my body or my weight and need some help in figuring the time part out. I've never been this heavy, by far, and with the hypothyroid and hormone imbalance....well, I just want to do things right and do not want to mess my metabolism up any more than I probably already have. I knew this is where I definitely need to be!!

Pancakes are the bomb-diggity, girl! Would love to see the recipe and check them out and thanks.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my exhausting thread and, most of all, thanks for your support!! You're one of the main reasons I'm here, lady!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    ARGH!!!! I just spent the last 30 mins trying to be as detailed as possible, and lost my fvcking post!!!!!
    Gonna try again tomorrow LBB, haven't given up on you yet lol!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Why, cruel Fat Gods??!! Whyyyyy??!

I've been having some issues with the site these last couple of days. I appreciate your trying so much, GBrice! Hope to hear from you again soon!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75;5***246
    Gonna try again tomorrow LBB, haven't given up on you yet lol!

Well, looky there!! Thank you SOOO much!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    I won't touch your diet as GB will give you more insight than I ever could. But I will agree your TBEE can't be 2,300. I weigh 192 and have been stuck there for a week while eating 1,800 calories.

You are doing HRT? My wife is looking into that...how is it working for you? PM me if you don't want to clog up your thread.
    Thank you for poppin in, JohnnyV!! I look forward to getting help from GB, however, will always be open and appreciative to you or anyone else weighing in with an opinion. .... I know, right?? Lol! I can't imagine me being allowed to ever eat 2,300 calories....unless it's a cheat day and some chocolate is involved. Hehee!

Yes, started HRT in early August. So far it's been okay. I have "cloudy head" pretty bad (it's obvious if you read my posts lol) and I've seen a little bit of a difference w/ that for the better. My joints are killing me, though!! It's really too soon to see many benefits, I think....except for my libido and my emotions! Lol! I'm gonna start a thread in the HRT/TRT section soon (God help them lol) because I have many questions. Hopefully it can possibly help a gal in the future as well cause I've seen very few threads in there started by women. Don't ever worry about "clogging" my thread ~ ask me anything, anytime. I've not had an opportunity to contribute anything to this forum so if I can help your wife through you, then that'll be super-fly!! If it's of a more personal nature then feel free to PM me anytime as well.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    ooooooooooooh mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy gawd!

I can not believe I am JUST now seeing this!
    I sooooo wanted to be the very 1st person to post on your new thread! damn it! lol

1st and foremost ~ its YOUR thread chicka, your personal dumping ground, lol...no apology needed for your incredibly long @ss post

you got your t scores...wow lady you are seriously on the ball and rockin it! ...I know zip/zero/nadda about hormones and stuff (you can guarantee that I will be checking in OFTEN and bombarding you with questions about this stuff lol) ...1st ?, what is ARMOUR and HRT?

Asparagus= super veggie. me and the kids love this: uncooked spears / lemon juice/ oil of your choice/ parm cheese/ red onion/ sliced almonds
    with a peeler shave length wise the appears (they are NOT cooked, nothing in this is)
    shave the onion, you want paper thin onion slices
    mix in a bowl with as much cheese/ almonds/ onion/spears to your liking...drizzle with oil and lemon juice
    DONE... very lite and fresh side dish and ubber good for you

Im also a huge fan of sugar free jello/pudding and fug cycles...help fight off cravings

from what I know and understand...REAL butter is a fat that your body understands on the same level as animal fat, and therefore is a preferred compared to all other fake butter stuff (I get salt free butter and just add salt to taste, you won’t even know its salt free.) I have tried all other fake butters from soy to tofu etc. but find real butter is liked by my scale the best lol.
    As far as wanting more good fats and less yucky fats...Im a huge pusher of Macadamia Nut oil, its cold pressed and by far the best for the body, but A. hard to find (i get online) B. not included in most oil comparison studies (there are just sooooo many oils available that the studies just include the popular ones). I have an oil pump from Wal-Mart, you put any oil or any liquid for that matter in it...pump it...and it sprays out like Pam.

agree with Gbrice 100% TBEE for me was like the same as yours, and when I followed "the mainstream" way of thinking/dieting calorie wise I hit a month+ long platue and hated that I actually felt like I was just eating all day... so if it works for you HOORAY! but I have lill faith in it for myself.

poor gbrice...I went through the same thing several times this week here, lol...

please please please keep us posted on the hormone stuff...even the guys are seeking info for their lady’s, there just isn’t enough info on or for us gals here concerning fellow members in real time/for conversations...just mostly old posts. I am extremely interested in your journey with the hormones and will be living threw you vicariously (until I get insurance and can join you ~ than we can be hormone hotties together lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Flier View Post
    Hi LBB, welcome!
    So you got started, awesome.
    The accountability will help.
    Almonds, ricecakes are great snacks. Natural right?
    You know as an alternative you can put all your breakfast ingredients in a blender with some water (raw natural oats, not the flavored ones). Drink your breakfast as you´re getting dressed, make up whatever, or bring with you in your car on your way to work.(If time is an issue) Sometimes you can exchange the eggs for cottage cheese or a scoop Casein or other proteins. Then you wont need Splenda at all. I personally just don´t like substitute anything.
    Love to hear your experience and reason for HRT at some point, unless too private.
    Good luck!!
    Thanks, Flier! Time is not much of an issue for me right now but when it becomes that way again (hopefully soon) I'll definitely keep that in mind and thanks! Not a fan of cottage cheese; Unfortunately I have an extremely picky palate but thanks for the suggestion and am always open to any that you may have.

I'm starting a thread in the HRT/TRT section very soon so hopefully it will answer any questions or curiosities that you may have. Also, you kind of know my personality ~ I rarely have an occurrence where something is too personal to share.....hmmmm, maybe I should think about getting a filter...lol! Until then, feel free to ask anytime!! Thanks for your post and for your positive wishes!

P.S. Are you still looking for input re: your daughter's thread? Hope that is going well for you guys.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    hay chicka...would mind posting the link to the thread your posting in the HRT/TRT section for us?

[QUOTE=Rya;5779562]If she likes to have splenda with eggs then Its a reasonable assumption that she will with cottage cheese too.QUOTE]

LOL! I have a pretty strong sweet tooth but the splenda goes in my oatmeal not on my eggs. I wouldn't be surprised with me when it comes to sweet things however, Rya.

[QUOTE=People should not be concerned about pissing out some splenda... The amount of pollutants pumped into the sea from chemical plants etc and disasters such as the BP oil spill will far exceed anything that an avg individual will ever do. QUOTE]

I was in the restaurant biz for 9 years ~ if I didn't harm anything in the ocean during those years of having chemicals in my system...then I'm doing juuu-ust fine. lol. I kid.

Glad to see you in here, Rya. Thanks for your suggestions and looking forward to any input you may have for me in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    welcome to the place where the magic happens! i agree with the rest, TDEE too high. i am sure that GB and slim will get you dialed in correctly. will be subscribed!

Thanks so much 00ragin!! I love magic ~ can't wait to see the disappearance of some particular things VERY soon! Thanks so much for posting, for your positive thoughts and look forward to "seeing" you in here and hearing from you as often as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rya View Post
    Yes! Okay, so I wasn't altogether confusing. Thanks, Rya!

I really suck at this quoting business...

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyblahblah;5***240

Exactly, Slimmer! I was using the Parkay spray but started using the Smart Choice because I actually know how much of what is actually in it. (that make sense?? lol) I want to know if it's a good idea or if I should use an alternative. I need some good fats in my diet and want to omit the bad and saturated fats as much as possible. So, I guess I'll wait and see what the jury decides re: this. FISH OIL is the best choice for good fats and this can be in caps

My ultimate goal is to lose 30 pounds. Not really sure about in what period of time, yet. Would be a good idea to try to figure this out. No pressure as to the time but knowing the time is a good idea. Make sense? I guess that's another reason I'm asking for help. Unfortunately, I've never been "realistic" about my body or my weight and need some help in figuring the time part out. I've never been this heavy, by far, and with the hypothyroid and hormone imbalance....well, I just want to do things right and do not want to mess my metabolism up any more than I probably already have. I knew this is where I definitely need to be!!

Pancakes are the bomb-diggity, girl! Would love to see the recipe and check them out and thanks. Will post the recipe. It will change your life as it makes all of this SO SO easy. I am not kidding.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my exhausting thread and, most of all, thanks for your support!! You're one of the main reasons I'm here, lady! THANK YOU LADY BB! Very nice to hear. I am so grateful for being here. Appreciate this.
    Remember this: Consistency is the key. And slow wins this race.
    Author Unknown

Oat Pancakes:

1 cup oats (just regular old fashioned oats)
    1 cup egg whites (about 7 large eggs)
    1 cup fat free cottage cheese (or 1% if you desire)

Splenda all you want
    nutmeg, dash if you so desire
    drop of vanilla, if desired
    baking powder about 2 teaspoons

First: Blend the oats in a blender until real powdery (no water just blend dry )
    Add all the above ingredients and blend until a good consistency for a pancake

Cook on griddle/pan which should be real hot after sprayed with Pam....and then cook like a regular pancake

TOP with:
    Sugar free syrup
    and banana or raspberries with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt to spread around the pancake and sprinkle some splenda on top of the yogurt
    -or-
    fry an egg with Pam and top your pancake with the egg

ENJOY!

MAKES 3 BIG PANCAKES! so good for 3 meals.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyblahblah View Post
    Meal One:
    One cup oatmeal (cooked)
    150 calories
    3 fat
    27 carbs
    5 protein
    One egg
    70 calories
    5 fat
    6 protein
    1.5 sat fat
    1/3 cup egg whites (9 Tbsp)
    75 calories
    3 carbs
    15 protein
    7 packets of splenda (yes, 7. no that is not a misprint. Haha.)
    28 calories (approx)
    ?? sugars
    1 tsp Torani sugar free syrup
    1 tsp Smart Balance Light w/ omega 3’s
    25 calories
    2.5 fat
    1 sat fat
    TOTAL:
    348 calories
    10.5 fat
    2.5 sat fat
    30 carbs
    26 protein
    Good meal for the most part. Don't see the need for the butter however. I'd ditch it if possible.

[/B]Snack:
    9 mini quaker rice cakes
    70 calories
    2.5 fat
    11 carbs
    1 protein
    1/8 cup almonds
    85 calories
    8 fat
    .5 sat fat
    3 carbs
    .5 sugar
    3 protein
    TOTAL:
    155 calories
    10.5 fat
    14 carbs
    .5 sugar
    4 protein [/B]

I guess I need to rethink my snack?? I’m sure I’m going to get slapped on the wrist for the mini rice cakes (I hope not ~ they’re so yummy ) ….and I see that I need to increase my amount of protein. I’ll sometimes have an ounce or 2 of Better Balance protein pretzels as a snack. 1 0z = to: 110 calories, 10 carbs, 10 grams protein. Or do I need to forget about the pre-packaged foods??

I divide into “meals” vs “breakfast, lunch….” because I sometimes eat oatmeal twice a day (smaller portion). I substitute the eggs with a protein shake. I get burned out on brown rice and do this when I don’t have sweet potatoes pre-cooked. Is this okay, or no because of all the “junk” I put into my oats?
    The problem here is you have no real protein source. I'd personally drop the rice cakes - there's nothing wrong with plain rice cakes per se, I just wouldn't have carbs in this meal. I'd keep my carbs focused around my workout window, and have them in meal 1 (as you do). You do need a protein source here though... If not some kind of meat, how about plain/nonfat greek yogurt (sweeten w/ splenda), or cottage cheese?

Don't worry about the splenda - I use tons of it too lol! Sugar alcohols - supposedly are processed through your system unchanged, so you don't get the calories. *shrug* still way less than real sugar in any event.

Meal two:
    ½ cup (cooked) brown rice
    117 calories
    1 fat
    24 carbs
    2 protein
    3oz baked salmon
    127 calories
    3 fat
    21 protein
    1 tsp Smart Balance
    25 calories
    2.5 fat
    1 sat fat
    TOTAL:
    269 calories
    7.5 fat
    1 sat fat
    24 carbs
    23 protein
    Love the salmon!!! Again, i'd ditch the rice here unless this is your preworkout meal. Also don't see the need for the additional fat, aka smart balance. How about veggies?

Meal three:
    3oz tilapia
    82 calories
    .5 fat
    17 protein
    1 sugar free Jello pudding cup
    60 calories
    1.5 fat
    13 carbs
    1 protein
    TOTAL:
    142 calories
    2 fat
    13 carbs
    18 protein
    If it's sugar free, where are the 13g carbs coming from? Make it 4oz tilapia IMO

Okay, so I know the first thing is to add veggies with my meals. Problem is the only veggies I can stomach (that aren’t starchy vegs) are green beans and asparagus. So, I guess I need to cowgirl up and go buy some….and a steamer. My question is how many ounces of veggies per meal?
    The easy answer is - as much as you can eat. I really wouldn't limit the veggies. You'll be full before you can overeat them, so it's safe. btw, green beans and asparagus are GREAT - so enjoy!

I’ll stick a no sugar added fudge pop in there somewhere during the day, too. (Yes, I have a sweet tooth. Lol.)
    40 cals
    1 fat
    10 carbs
    2 sugar
    1.5 protein
    Noted. Try to keep it closer to your workout if possible

I drink a protein shake after cardio (walking) which consists of ½ scoop of Opt Nutrition Whey and ½ scoop of Pro Complex. I haven’t been doing cardio consistently but starting Wednesday I WILL!
    Love the 50/50... so many people do straight whey at the wrong time imo.

TOTAL DAILY’ISH:
    1,081 calories
    32.5 fat
    91 carbs
    92.5 protein
    ?? sugar
    Where's the rest of your day? lol!! I'd start you at roughly 1300 calories/day and monitor/adjust from that point based on progress. High protein, moderate carb, low fat.

Okay, so I didn’t realize the amount of fat and sat fat I’ve been taking in. I really don’t want to omit the Smart Balance but it looks like I may have to?
    Bingo!

If anyone has any other suggestions for a proper substitute I would be very appreciative. The spray butter alternatives are so questionable so I think I should stay away? I just don’t see myself putting only 4 sprays of anything…on ANYthing. I used to use the powders like Butter Buds, etc, but I just can’t handle those anymore. Tastes like what I can imagine the pipes in my basement tasting like. Haha.
    What exactly are you using it on? When I need a butter sub (not for cooking, but for flavor) I use 'I can't believe it's not butter' - not sure what you mean by questionable?

I will be incorporating 1 to 2 tsp of fish oil daily very soon so I’ll need to work those additional cals and fats in as well. Oh, and cooking, baking, etc I use non-stick cooking spray ~ no oils.
    Might be easier to do fish oil caps, but whatever works for you. Noted on the cooking spray - and good!

I was not measuring my protein until last week; Bought a scale and realized I was only eating 2 to 2 ½ ounces. So, I will be cooking my proteins for the week ahead, weighing them and putting them in individual plastic-ware so as to be sure and have correct amt at each meal.
    Great! I'd probably have you weigh out 4oz raw portions which should yield 3 to 3.5oz cooked. That'll be roughly 24g protein per portion.

Blood work was done in July; Started 30 mg Armour and HRT August 4th.
    Free t4 1.1 0.7-1.7
    Free t3 2.0 2.3-4.2

Starting Wednesday I’ll be shooting to do cardio no less than 6 times a week. Walking and or using my stationary bike for 45-60 minutes once a day. I want to work my way up to doing cardio twice a day for a few days a week, hopefully sooner than later. No gym membership yet so strength training will have to be done at home ~ 3 times a week unless someone suggests otherwise.
    So, should I keep my calories where they are since I need to add veggies and will be adding the fish oil in a few days? I found Baseline's chart and see that I may possibly need to be at 1680 / 168 / 168 / 37.3
    If you can manage am fasted cardio (low/moderate intensity) and PWO (do you weight train at all?) cardio in the same day, that'd be a fat killer!

I'm currently eating 1800 calories 3 days a week. Granted, i'm cutting - but so are you. I still say start at 1300 calories. 175g protein, 80g carbs, 30g fat. These numbers can always be tweaked until you find what's best for you.

I didn’t realize what a hot mess this diet was until actually sitting down and doing the numbers officially and seeing them on paper. Yikes! I appreciate anyone taking the time to read all of this exceptionally long thread and thank you in advance for any help and suggestions. Hope I’ve provided all info need for input.

Thanks again (and sorry it's so long ),
    LadyBB
    It's always like that. I had no idea how much I was overeating until I really took note. Hopefully this helps a bit, let me know if you have any questions.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Hi LBB...congrats for joining the quest for healthy lifestyle! I read through your post, but not clear on what your current weight and estimated BF>>>>sorry if I missed it.

I am trying a 1300 cal diet and having a tuff time losing...which is why I am asking...THX and welcome girl!!!!

The guys in the NUTRITIONAL Forum are TOP SHELF!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75;5***441
    Good meal for the most part. Don't see the need for the butter however. I'd ditch it if possible. Done!

The problem here is you have no real protein source. I'd personally drop the rice cakes - there's nothing wrong with plain rice cakes per se, I just wouldn't have carbs in this meal. I'd keep my carbs focused around my workout window, and have them in meal 1 (as you do). You do need a protein source here though... If not some kind of meat, how about plain/nonfat greek yogurt (sweeten w/ splenda), or cottage cheese? Unfortunately, not a fan of cottage cheese but I'll put the yogurt on my shopping list. Thanks!

Don't worry about the splenda - I use tons of it too lol! Sugar alcohols - supposedly are processed through your system unchanged, so you don't get the calories. *shrug* still way less than real sugar in any event. No kidding ~ thanks, Splenda!

Love the salmon!!! Again, i'd ditch the rice here unless this is your preworkout meal. Also don't see the need for the additional fat, aka smart balance. How about veggies? I'm a huge fan of salmon. Veggies are definitely on my shopping list ~ pinkie swear!

If it's sugar free, where are the 13g carbs coming from? Hmmm, good question. Make it 4oz tilapia IMO Will do!

The easy answer is - as much as you can eat. I really wouldn't limit the veggies. You'll be full before you can overeat them, so it's safe. btw, green beans and asparagus are GREAT - so enjoy! Yea!

Noted. Try to keep it closer to your workout if possible I'll try my best

Love the 50/50... so many people do straight whey at the wrong time imo. Yea!

Where's the rest of your day? lol!! Lol! I know! I either eat too little or too much. My daily diet will be "goldilocks" soon!! I'd start you at roughly 1300 calories/day and monitor/adjust from that point based on progress. High protein, moderate carb, low fat.

What exactly are you using it on? In my oats and in my rice/sweet potatoes. I omitted them from my oats this morning and, with all the splenda, they were totally fine. I think it's just a psychological thing (but isn't all of this? lol.) When I need a butter sub (not for cooking, but for flavor) I use 'I can't believe it's not butter' -I used to use the Parkay Spray. Would this be okay or should I use ICBINB? If so, that'll go on the shopping list as well. not sure what you mean by questionable? The nutrition facts once you end up using a million sprays. Now that I'm not using them in my oats, I'll only be spritzing my veggies only and that will require a very small amount for me. Thanks, GB~ that will most definitely decrease my fats.

Might be easier to do fish oil caps, but whatever works for you. Noted on the cooking spray - and good! I'm such a weirdo. Can do liquid fish oil but shed a tear saying goodbye to margarine. Lol. If the caps are just as good as the liquid itself, then I'll be purchasing the caps, indeed!

Great! I'd probably have you weigh out 4oz raw portions which should yield 3 to 3.5oz cooked. That'll be roughly 24g protein per portion. Excellent!

If you can manage am fasted cardio (low/moderate intensity) and PWO (do you weight train at all?) cardio in the same day, that'd be a fat killer! I'm going to attempt to do the fasted cardio a few times a week. I'll be doing weights at home (bleh) three times a week. No gym membership, yet.

I'm currently eating 1800 calories 3 days a week. Granted, i'm cutting - but so are you. I still say start at 1300 calories. 175g protein, 80g carbs, 30g fat. These numbers can always be tweaked until you find what's best for you. Excellent, thanks! Exactly what I needed to know. I'll do my best to get as close to these numbers as possible on a daily basis. It may take some time to get it just right but hopefully I'll find my groove very soon.

It's always like that. I had no idea how much I was overeating until I really took note. Hopefully this helps a bit, let me know if you have any questions.
    This has helped a tremendous amount ~ I'm very appreciative of you taking the time to help me with this. I've never had to lose weight before so this is a whole new ball game for me....not enjoying this game so far. lol. Thanks again, Gbrice!! SO, SO much!!!
    Last edited by Ladyblahblah; 10-19-2011 at 06:04 PM. Reason: "Yea!" Not, "yeah!"...duh

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart;5***300
    ooooooooooooh mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy gawd!

I can not believe I am JUST now seeing this!
    I sooooo wanted to be the very 1st person to post on your new thread! damn it! lol
    LMAO!! Yeah, hooker, what's wrong with you??! Lol. Aw, I'm so glad you wanted to be the first!! *tear

1st and foremost ~ its YOUR thread chicka, your personal dumping ground, lol...no apology needed for your incredibly long @ss post You're SO right, girl! I have my "honey badger" days where I don't care what ppl think then there are the days when I care TOO, TOO much of what ppl think. I think it comes with having ovaries. Lol. I started my testosterone again today, so I have a feeling I'll be having more of the "I don't care so much" kinda days. Lol.

you got your t scores...wow lady you are seriously on the ball and rockin it! ...I know zip/zero/nadda about hormones and stuff (you can guarantee that I will be checking in OFTEN and bombarding you with questions about this stuff lol) ...1st ?, what is ARMOUR and HRT? I only know a small amount but will be researching/talking about it more very soon. Ask me anything, anytime!! Not sure if I can answer it, but I'll try! hehe I think you've figured by now that I'm a pretty open and blunt person, so ask away. I'll get started this wknd on my thread...I have to use the wk for job hunting. HRT is hormone replacement therapy and Armour Thyroid is a natural prescription drug for those with thyroid issues. (Mine is underpoductive.) Uh....ya think?

Asparagus= super veggie. me and the kids love this: uncooked spears / lemon juice/ oil of your choice/ parm cheese/ red onion/ sliced almonds
    with a peeler shave length wise the appears (they are NOT cooked, nothing in this is)
    shave the onion, you want paper thin onion slices
    mix in a bowl with as much cheese/ almonds/ onion/spears to your liking...drizzle with oil and lemon juice
    DONE... very lite and fresh side dish and ubber good for you Mmmm, sounds yummy! Thanks!

Im also a huge fan of sugar free jello/pudding and fug cycles...help fight off cravings Yeah, I'm pretty much a fan of anything with sugar in it.

agree with Gbrice 100% TBEE for me was like the same as yours, and when I followed "the mainstream" way of thinking/dieting calorie wise I hit a month+ long platue and hated that I actually felt like I was just eating all day... so if it works for you HOORAY! but I have lill faith in it for myself. Yeah, I think it boils down to what works for "us".

poor gbrice...I went through the same thing several times this week here, lol...I know! My pc seriously sucks the big one but I knew something had to be going on with the site, too. I'm so glad admin put up a thread in the lounge about it being slow because I was getting ready to throw my pc into the street. Lol. But if the site being a little slow is my worst problem then "yahoo" I say!!

please please please keep us posted on the hormone stuff...even the guys are seeking info for their lady’s, there just isn’t enough info on or for us gals here concerning fellow members in real time/for conversations...just mostly old posts. I am extremely interested in your journey with the hormones and will be living threw you vicariously (until I get insurance and can join you ~ than we can be hormone hotties together lol)
    Lol! I'll try but I don't know how much help I can be other than telling my symptoms and such. Maybe I should start a blog??? Hmmm, Oh LAWD help us ALLLLL!!! Lol!....Oh, girl! I can gaurantee I'm the last person you wanna live vicariously through!! LOL! But good news, doll! I don't have insurance and it really didn't cost that much...honestly! I'd been to 4 doctors (6 visits in all) in two years until I finally went to a clinic. I won't keep on....(blah,blah,blah lol). If you have any questions let me know anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart;5***312
    hay chicka...would mind posting the link to the thread your posting in the HRT/TRT section for us?

Of course!!

Wednesday, Oct 19

Protein shake:
    127 calories
    20 protein
    2 carbs

Meal One:
    3/4 cup oatmeal (cooked)
    splenda (6 pkts)
    1 tsp Torani SF syrup
    1 egg and 3 egg whites
    311 calories
    7 fat
    24 protein
    20 carbs

Meal two:
    3.5 oz (cooked) tilapia
    10 almonds
    179 cals
    8 fat
    23 protein

Meal three:
    4oz chicken
    1/3 cup brown rice
    1 "SF" pudding cup
    288 calories
    28 protein
    2 fat
    35 carbs

Walked for 45 minutes. Jumped rope every 5 minutes for approximately 30 seconds. Started raining about 20-25 minutes into my walk and had to stop at 45 min. It was COLD!! I know....I'm a wuss. Hehe

Protein shake:
    127 calories
    20 protein
    2 carbs

Meal four:
    4 oz chicken
    120 calories
    1 fat
    26 protein

TOTAL:
    1,152 calories
    141 protein
    59 carbs
    18 fat

I'm a little low on all my numbers today but will keep working on it. Going to the grocery store tomorrow after class and get veggies and plain, non-fat yogurt!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe;5***409
    Remember this: Consistency is the key. And slow wins this race.
    You're are so so right, Slimmer!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe;5***413
    Oat Pancakes:

1 cup oats (just regular old fashioned oats)
    1 cup egg whites (about 7 large eggs)
    1 cup fat free cottage cheese (or 1% if you desire)

Splenda all you want
    nutmeg, dash if you so desire
    drop of vanilla, if desired Oh, yes! Gotta have the vanilla flavoring!
    baking powder about 2 teaspoons

First: Blend the oats in a blender until real powdery (no water just blend dry )
    Add all the above ingredients and blend until a good consistency for a pancake

Cook on griddle/pan which should be real hot after sprayed with Pam....and then cook like a regular pancake

TOP with:
    Sugar free syrup
    and banana or raspberries with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt to spread around the pancake and sprinkle some splenda on top of the yogurt
    -or-
    fry an egg with Pam and top your pancake with the egg

ENJOY!

MAKES 3 BIG PANCAKES! so good for 3 meals.
    Mmmmmm. Sounds yummy ~ Thanks so much for this! Looks like I'll be having myself a little treat Sat and Sun morning. Change makes life interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    Hi LBB...congrats for joining the quest for healthy lifestyle! I read through your post, but not clear on what your current weight and estimated BF>>>>sorry if I missed it.

I am trying a 1300 cal diet and having a tuff time losing...which is why I am asking...THX and welcome girl!!!!

The guys in the NUTRITIONAL Forum are TOP SHELF!!!!
    Thank you, girlgymrat - I'm SO-O happy to finally be here!!

No, you didn't miss it. It's hard enough for me to say it out loud, much less actually make myself put it in writing. I'll hunt for an 18 wheeler weigh station in the next few days to get an exact number. Lol. Until then I have to use an estimate of what I think - I'll pm it to you. (I know that's silly - I'm hoping to get past that eventually).

I've only been in the Nutrition Resource Forum for a couple of days and have already received some great info and many welcomes. Everyone's been great! I'll come visit you in your thread and cheer you on ~ sorry to hear you're at a tough place w/ your diet. Thanks again for the welcome and good wishes!

This has helped a tremendous amount ~ I'm very appreciative of you taking the time to help me with this. I've never had to lose weight before so this is a whole new ball game for me....not enjoying this game so far. lol. Thanks again, Gbrice!! SO, SO much!!!
    You're very welcome!

Wednesday, Oct 19

Protein shake:
    127 calories
    20 protein
    2 carbs

Meal One:
    3/4 cup oatmeal (cooked)
    splenda (6 pkts)
    1 tsp Torani SF syrup
    1 egg and 3 egg whites
    311 calories
    7 fat
    24 protein
    20 carbs

Meal two:
    3.5 oz (cooked) tilapia
    10 almonds
    179 cals
    8 fat
    23 protein

Meal three:
    4oz chicken
    1/3 cup brown rice
    1 "SF" pudding cup
    288 calories
    28 protein
    2 fat
    35 carbs

Walked for 45 minutes. Jumped rope every 5 minutes for approximately 30 seconds. Started raining about 20-25 minutes into my walk and had to stop at 45 min. It was COLD!! I know....I'm a wuss. Hehe

Protein shake:
    127 calories
    20 protein
    2 carbs

Meal four:
    4 oz chicken
    120 calories
    1 fat
    26 protein

TOTAL:
    1,152 calories
    141 protein
    59 carbs
    18 fat

I'm a little low on all my numbers today but will keep working on it. Going to the grocery store tomorrow after class and get veggies and plain, non-fat yogurt!
    Already looking SOOOO so much better! Let's definitely get your numbers up a bit, we don't want you under eating either as that's counter productive. Work on fats and protein - I don't care much about carbs at this point as other than you mid-day session, it doesn't look like you have much activity going on, therefore, little energy requirement.

How about adding a small meal before bed? It could be as simple as a casein protein shake and a few nuts/fish oils, or another serving of greek yogurt, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyblahblah;5***240

My ultimate goal is to lose 30 pounds. Not really sure about in what period of time, yet. I guess that's another reason I'm asking for help. Unfortunately, I've never been "realistic" about my body or my weight and need some help in figuring the time part out. I've never been this heavy, by far, and with the hypothyroid and hormone imbalance....well, I just want to do things right and do not want to mess my metabolism up any more than I probably already have. I knew this is where I definitely need to be!!
    Since you mentioned you might need help determining a time frame, here is what I personally suggest based on my own challenge:
    I figured in about 1.5 to 2 pounds a week. Some weeks more some weeks less. So this would be an average of 1.75 a week which for 30 pounds would be about 17 weeks if I have done my math correctly. Plus this all depends on how fast and strict you want to be. For me this is more of a lifestyle change; not a jumping on stage to compete at 4% BF. The key here is to pick foods which are approved around here and eat those so you enjoy this ride and will continue to stay consistent.

I too am hypothyroid and have tried every which- a- way for this. Just basic Synthroid for years. Then switched to synthroid/cytomel . Then just t3 to ramp up my metabolism for a bit. And back and forth. And now have settled on the Armour or varieties thereof whether compounded or not. And the combo of the T3/t4 has helped me immensely. Love that dessicated porcine thyroid!
    Plus last year went on BHRT for 9 months but am now off of it as I felt I was on too high a dose along with the hgh too. So I wanted to clean out and am glad I did. But this was just me. I know others who would never go off so I am not suggesting this by any means.

So....
    bottom line: This is a process. I do highly suggest you think of what kind of time frame you want to do this 30 pounds since it will actually keep you focused with a specific goal. Plus you might want to break it down into 10 pound increments so the goals are met to encourage you to keep going.

So happy you joined us here. Really am.
    Author Unknown

so it looks like you are taking off with this! like the others said, consistency is the key to this stuff. can't wait to see what is in store.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    LBB - for what it is worth. I calculated my TDEE at 139 lbs, 5'4" and it came in at 1550, so I too think 2200 is way too high for ya!!!

Thursday

Meal One:
    2/3 cup oatmeal
    1 egg
    3 whites
    6 pkts of Splenda
    ½ tsp Torani
    241 calories
    25 protein
    6.5 fat
    17 carbs

Meal Two:
    10 almonds
    ¼ cup Nonfat Greek yogurt (Athenos)
    1 pkt Splenda
    104 calories
    9 protein
    6 fat
    6 carbs

Meal Three:
    1/3 cup brown rice
    Salmon
    ½ cup green beans
    232 calories
    22 protein
    4 fat
    15 carbs

Walked for 60 minutes - 3.6 miles

Protein Shake:
    127 calories
    20 protein

Meal Four:
    Tilapia
    Green beans
    134 calories
    24 protein
    2 fat

Protein shake:
    127 calories
    20 protein

TOTAL:
    965 calories
    120 protein
    38’ish carbs
    18’ish fat

Definitely have some switching around and adding to do....

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Maybe add some raw oats to your PWO shake to get the cals up.

Friday

25 minutes on stationary bike (5.91 miles)

Protein Shake
    120 calories
    27 protein

½ cup oatmeal (cooked)
    1 egg
    Egg whites
    220 calories
    24 protein
    6.5 fat
    17 carbs

15 almonds
    ¼ cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
    156 cals
    10 protein
    9 fat
    3 carbs

1/3 cup brown rice
    3½ oz tilapia
    ½ cup green beans
    200 calories
    23 protein
    1.5 fat
    15 carbs

10 almonds
    “sugar free” pudding cup
    129 cals
    3 protein
    1.5 fat
    13 carbs

Walked for 45 minutes. Not sure how far – I need to track this path.

Protein shake
    120 cals
    27 protein

Tilapia
    ½ cup green beans
    120 calories
    21 protein

TOTAL:
    1,065 calories
    135 protein

SATURDAY

Bike 25 mins 6.4 miles
    5 minute cool down .78 mi

Protein shake 1 1/4 scoop
    160 calories
    36 protein

½ cup oats (cooked)
    1 egg
    3 whites
    220 calories
    23.5 protein
    14 carbs
    6.5 fat

1/3 cup brown rice
    4 oz chicken
    No veggies – I baked some asparagus and it came out mushy
    228 calories
    28 protein
    1 fat
    22 carbs

15 almonds
    ½ cup greek yogurt
    174 calories
    16 protein
    9 fat
    10 carbs/3 sugars

Protein shake
    ½ cup greek yogurt
    190 calories
    39 protein

TOTAL
    972 calories
    143 protein
    56 carbs/6 sugar

SUNDAY

35 mins on bike 7.5 miles

Protein shake
    120 cals
    27 protein

½ cup oatmeal (cooked)
    1 egg and 3 whites
    220 calories
    23.5 protein
    6.5 fat
    14 carbs

15 almonds
    ½ cup greek yogurt
    174 calories
    16 protein
    9 fat
    10 carbs/3 sug

1/3 cup brown rice
    Tilapia
    Green beans
    200 calories
    23 protein
    15 carbs

Pudding cup
    60 calories
    13 carbs

50 minute walk

Protein shake
    120 calories
    27 protein

Tilapia
    Green beans
    120 cals
    120 calories
    27 protein

TOTAL
    1,134 calories
    164 protein

It's a pain to do all of this on an IPad so I waited til I had access to my PC to transfer my food
    to my thread. Thanks to all of you who have commented and I will be able to reply to all of you
    guys tomorrow. I still need to transfer Monday's food log as well (but it's pretty much the same ).
    It's 1 AM and I have a Psych exam in the morning, er, uh a few hours. But wanted to update my
    thread as to stay on top of this!

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Hi Bla bla....
    Good luck on your exam!

Is your morning cardio high or low intensity?
    If all you have is 30 min. Make it high intensity.
    To get the full benefit of a slow steady fat burning cardio session, u should really set off 45-60 min. Best done when your Glycogen stores are low, like in the morning.
    High intensity interval training however is great to burn lots of cals. and set u up for a higher metabolism throughout the rest of the day.
    Actually read a study where this type of training especially targets belly fat.
    You could do 15 min on the bike, 15 min jump rope, or whatever u wish.

I´m carefully suggesting my daughter to do this, but at 16, I have to be very careful pushing anything.
    I printed a conversation I had here with Slimmer, and she rather listen to an anonymous forum name, than her father..lol.
    We made those Oatmeal Pancakes the other day, and they tasted very good, especially with the greek yogurt and banana and cinnamon on top. The syrup was unnecessary, at least for us. Next time we will try the batter in the Belgian Waffle iron.

LBB - would you mind breaking those down into meals and list time of day? It'd be much easier to get a snapshot of what's doing...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information