Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yogiart View Post
    What I did is going on keto, where I did not have carbs at all except from low-carb veggies for about two-three weeks, then I added melons, berries and nuts. I have about one to two servings of those each day. I do not count anything at all. I eat a lot of meet, eggs and veggies as my main meals. When I introduced melon, nuts and berries, I gained a bit of water weight but eventually, I started losing weight again.
    In my case, I would just call my diet, atkin's diet even though if I stopped losing weight in the future, I may reduce the carbs or go on keto again. I do not have cheat meals though at all.
    Nuts and most veggies have too little carbs per serving for a Keto diet follower to even consider them as actual sources of carbs.

I seriously doubt one can get out of ketosis after eating 1-2 servings of raw almonds.

As a matter of fact, nuts have an important place in Dave Palumbo's keto diet since they are capable of providing significant amounts of energy for the dieters in the absence of carbs. Not to mention nuts are possibly the greatest source of healthy fats along with fish, flax seed and olive oils.

Nuts should be consumed in their original raw state and NOT salted for better results.
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 04-11-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Thread Information