Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ezekiel Bread?

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    oatmeal69: Human liver is anatomically/biologically incapable of synthesizing protein without the aid of either carbs or fats. Therefore, when one consumes a protein meal, one has to be careful that this is NOT a protein-only meal, otherwise it becomes a literally useless meal. This is also exactly why DP's Keto diet suggests a generous amount of daily fat intake along with high protein consumption since fats not only make up for some of the energy in the absence of carbs but they are also absolutely necessary for protein synthesis in the absence of carbs.

Everything said above comes from the hard science of nutrition.

As for the good old mythical statement that carbs should be consumed with protein, since protein will slow the absorption of carbs, hence helping with the insulin spike and etc., there have been numerous human studies conducted on this subject from post-WWI to our day that included both diabetes and healthy individuals to see whether consumption of proteins and carbs together has actually slowed the absorption of carbs, hence raising the blood sugar levels more slowly. Guess what? Protein and carb consumption together does NOT slow down the absorption of carbs, carbs are still digested at their genuine rates of GI, meaning pace of entering the blood stream and triggering insulin is time-wise all the same...

On a personal note, it seems to me that there are more myths that surround the world of bodybuilding and fitness (including nutritional aspects) then any other realm in our day. It is just a matter of time someone comes around throwing big words at others in a forum that all protein are created equal and hitting a daily macro of 200gr protein from egg whites only or shakes only is just as good as coming up with a variation... Oh, well.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal69 View Post
    I don't know enough to debate it... If anyone has links, opinions, etc., I'd like to see 'em. Looks like I'm still pretty in the dark over a very important set of concepts.
    Know how u feel oat.. This is why its best to stick to wat u KNOW works for uR everyday carb sources:
    1. Oats
    2. Sweet potatoes
    3. Brn rice

LOL.. Why these r the only 3 i recommend.. Have stood the test of time and proven thru my own personal experience to be safe.. Id also like to note i still only use 2 of the 3.. Have yet to venture forth into the uncharted territory of brn rice i find someth that works and i stick to it dude!!

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    LOL, I can't do the sweet potatoes, but I'm fine with rice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information