Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Today was a rest day and the street party! Was a little off diet but not massively so. Pecs and bi's sore after yesterday's workout which I'm happy about.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    rarely do i get sore glad u had a good weekend.. course u have 2 more days rite? except u have to work one of them? how was the lasagne?

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Ha ha, not likely. I have 3 great pasta recipes and that's about it! Bulking is more forgiving than cutting Si you can be a little more creative but, ultimately, you still need to be somewhere about your cals or else!
    mind sharing?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    yall making me hungry

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    mind sharing?
    I might let you have my bolognese sauce recipe which you could use for lasagne too. When I have people for dinner they always request my lasagne. In fact, people often invite themselves over for my lasagne. So that would be 2 of the 3 recipes. I really can't give you the other one, sorry.

Have the outlaws over today, gotta try and get my lifting in before they come!
    Last edited by Back In Black; 06-04-2012 at 02:34 AM.

Ragu alla bolognese

2oz unsalted butter
    3.5oz smoked bacon or pancetta
    1 of each very finely chopped small onion, small carrot, celery stalk
    8oz lean minced beef
    4oz lean minced/finely chopped pork
    5tbsp red wine
    1.5tbs tomato puree
    3.5fl oz meat stock
    salt and pepper
    5tbsp full fat milk
    Fresh oregano (if required)

Heat the oil, butter and pancetta in a deep, heavy based saucepan. Fry gently for 2-3 mins and added the chopped vegetables and continue til the vegetables are soft, you are NOT trying to brown them. Add the minced beef and lightly brown. Add the red wine and boil rapidly for 2 mins until the liquid has almost evaporated. Add the tomato puree and stock to the pan. Season if required and cook for 5 mins stirring frequently. Meanwhile, bring the milk to simmering point in a seperate pan. Pour the milk over the meat mixture and stir thoroughly. Cook, uncovered, over the lowest heat for at least 2 hours. It shouldn't boil! Season at the end, if required and add fresh oregano if you feel the need (I usuallly don't feel the need).

Serve with spaghetti or linguine. Freshly grated/shaved Parmesan optional.

Now I bet you are hungry GGR!!!!!!
    Last edited by Back In Black; 06-04-2012 at 11:39 AM.

thx man ill be cooking this maybe this weekend! u really have me curious now about the "secret recipe" LOL

some cooking instructions mite be in order..

The secret recipe has only 4 ingredients. If I tell you it, you'd end up eating it every night and becoming a massive fatty! Prosciutto is probably the healthiest ingredient. Or maybe the egg yolks!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    thx man ill be cooking this maybe this weekend! u really have me curious now about the "secret recipe" LOL

some cooking instructions mite be in order..
    Post 126 with recipe now has cooking instructions:0

thx mate! lookn forward to eating it.. the wife and daughter goin out of town thursday til next week so this weekend i think i will cook it for myself

as far as the secret maybe u can give it to me one ingredient at a time over a period of time LOL... if i pay close enuff attention

prosciutto and egg yolk sounds promising! wonder if theres some kinda cream or wine in there..

also one question ive always had but never asked.. is "minced beef" the same thing as ground beef??

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    also one question ive always had but never asked.. is "minced beef" the same thing as ground beef??
    Yes sir. I actually prefer mincing it myself with a good knife!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    man that sounds good stem. may have to try it

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    thx mate! lookn forward to eating it.. the wife and daughter goin out of town thursday til next week so this weekend i think i will cook it for myself

as far as the secret maybe u can give it to me one ingredient at a time over a period of time LOL... if i pay close enuff attention

prosciutto and egg yolk sounds promising! wonder if theres some kinda cream or wine in there..
    Maybe I'll slip the ingredients in some posts randomly for you. Wine? No. Cream? Kind of! It doesn't require cooking. Actually a nice addition to it as a sixth ingredient is a little red pesto!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Yesterday's back workout was pretty good. Struggled a little on chins again but I tried to up the weight and I am heavier than I was so that's ok. I am much preferring my 4-6 rep week than my 8-10 rep week.

The last couple of days have taken a turn for the worse privately and, as a result, dirt has suffered a lot. I do now have a clear run for the next 4 weeks do am gonna have to be a clean as possible to make this 8 week mini bulk successful. I am, however, looking like I lift again when wearing clothes
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Yesterday's back workout was pretty good. Struggled a little on chins again but I tried to up the weight and I am heavier than I was so that's ok. I am much preferring my 4-6 rep week than my 8-10 rep week.

The last couple of days have taken a turn for the worse privately and, as a result, dirt has suffered a lot. I do now have a clear run for the next 4 weeks do am gonna have to be a clean as possible to make this 8 week mini bulk successful. I am, however, looking like I lift again when wearing clothes
    thats good! not a problem i ever have...

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!

sorry to hear about the private stuff, but nothing like filling out a shirt!

binsser is offline Senior Member
    how do you make home made casien pudding interested what like a cake or ???

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I am much preferring my 4-6 rep week than my 8-10 rep week.
    x2

I am, however, looking like I lift again when wearing clothes
    This says it all... and as lean as you started out, I highly doubt you look fat in any way, shape, or form with your clothes off... so congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by binsser View Post
    how do you make home made casien pudding interested what like a cake or ???
    I mix casein, some Green & Blacks cocoa powder (about 10g), a teaspoon or 2 of truvia sweetener and iced water. Give it a whisk and you are ready to go. Alternatively use normal temp water and refrigerate. It doesnt't freeze well, in case you wanna try!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    x2

This says it all... and as lean as you started out, I highly doubt you look fat in any way, shape, or form with your clothes off... so congrats!
    Nah, not fat, but definitely not as lean as I was. 2 weekends of not caring what I eat has seen to that. That said, I intend to be as clean as a whistle for the next 3.5 weks before 2 nights away for my anniversary. As it's unlikely I'll really be anywhere that necessitates me being shirtless any time this year I'll be happy at my current bodyfat level.

Had a great delt and tri workout today. Maybe it was all the extra food over the last few days. Maybe it was my pre workout formula that i moved back to 40 mins pre lifting. Maybe it was a deliberate intention to work hard after the poor diet. Maybe a combination, either way, I liked it!!!!!! Had a great pump from the AAKG too.

Added 20 mins LIC cardio post lifting as I didn't get my fasted cardio in yesterday.

And it's raining...........................

weve been getting rain everyday here too.. my grass is getting too high and i cant cut it dang it!

milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Hi steM jus thought I'd drop in to see how your doing and it sounds as though your doing great although I bet ur waist is still smaller than mine lol
    Hey does 405 know we are having a mini monsoon.......

I've just driven back from Nottingham in some God awful weather!

405, you may have as much rain as us(I doubt it though) but I bet our rain is colder!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    I've just driven back from Nottingham in some God awful weather!

405, you may have as much rain as us(I doubt it though) but I bet our rain is colder!
    I dont think we can dispute this at all lol but i do tell you for the past 3 weeks here in MIA the weather has been crappy as well, i am getting 3-4 days of rain every week!! Nottingham, did you see Robin Hood anywhere around?? hahahaha j/k

I saw no men in green tights! Though the sheriff of Nottingham is still a position held by somebody!

Fasted cardio done. Weighed in 173,5. That again is an inflated weight due to some poor food choices on Monday and Tuesday. But that's ok, I can still see my 4 pack and, for the most part, my training is going good!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Its scortching here, I have to wear shoes because if I walk barefoot on the concrete my feet sizzle, and the pool is perfect...mmmmm

I GUARntee ur rain is colder than mine im hoping to get to cut the grass by sunday.. by then i may need a tractor!

Well, the last 5 days have been a bit of a whirlwind. Had some family stuff to sort out short notice and diet went to pot on Sunday but, other than that, I'm doing ok. Doing a little extra LIC cardio this week as I k've put on more fat than I would like.

Weights and/or reps are up on almost every exercise. But not chins! And it's back day today. I have dropped caffeine pre workout and feeling better pumps from the arginine as a result.

Gonna try some sumo deadlifts today rather than use the hex bar.

Had a slight reshuffle on my diet, just moving some carbs about so I eat a little less in my last meal of the day but cals and macro's the same.

Weigh in day tomorrow but look better in the mirror than last week. Still, it's all too slow a process, need to get the next phase of my life sorted so I get me some real supplements

real "supplements"

back day for me today too! was wonderin where u went

ive been eating pancakes rite before bed! 60g carbs LOL ...

theyre a nice before bed comfort food to get me in the mood for sleep!

lean bulk, fat bulk, bulk....I have never been in the position to bulk so I am a little jealous of every bulking thread I read.....and I get hungry : (

Fasted cardio done, felt a bit jittery from the Yohimbine but not as jittery as when I take it before LIC!

Yesterday's back workout was great, even chins were better. Not good, but better.

Weighed in today at 172lbs so down on last week and up in total 5lbs in 4 weeks. Happy with that, didn't want more than 1lb per week and after the weekends I've had only 5lbs is a bit of a result.

Quality not quantity!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat
    lean bulk, fat bulk, bulk....I have never been in the position to bulk so I am a little jealous of every bulking thread I read.....and I get hungry : (
    GGR, it's 6 years since I bulked so don't feel bad, you'll get there, keep hitting your goals and soon you too can be chewing down on extra, plain chicken!

It's nice to not be hungry anymore but I was for the longest time!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Hey Stem Just checking in. See you have had your ups and downs the last couple of weeks. Glad you are enjoying bulking.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeral
    Hey Stem Just checking in. See you have had your ups and downs the last couple of weeks. Glad you are enjoying bulking.
    Weekends have been disappointing really. This weekend is no real exception as its fathers day in the uk. My little girl and my Mrs has baked ALOT of cookies for me. Seriously, I think there's about 2000cals minimum in this batch. And theres a food festival in town this weekend which I'll visit tomorrow. I'm bulking, I train he'd nd I still have and so I'll have whatever takes my fancy, if anything!

Last couple of training sessions have been good, nearly all weights up, exception of leg press which I experimented with some different feet placements.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Nice!! Happy Father's Day Yoda!!! Hope you have a good time and don't eat to much lol

GGR, it's 6 years since I bulked so don't feel bad, you'll get there, keep hitting your goals and soon you too can be chewing down on extra, plain chicken!

riggghhhtttttt....

It's nice to not be hungry anymore but I was for the longest time!
    i am less hungry now and do more smaller nibbles...I just cannot do the same volume anymore : )

Not alot to report. Other than the cookies were great and horrendously calorific. I ate less at the food festival than i could have done but then I had a menu tasting the day after. So, another poor weekend of hitting macro's.

Workouts all good and up in weight and/or reps on every exercise.

Weight today 174lbs so up 7lbs in 5 weeks. A little too much so I'm also hoping there's no weight gain in the next week.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    WE................WANT...........PICS!!!!

7lbs in 5 weeks is great... not too much, not too little, IMO.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information