Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    i stay away from smoothies...cuz I luv. lots of calories and carbs for me! I stay away from the coffee drinks for the same reason.

refocus and u;ll be fine!

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I'm sorta frustrated at the moment!!! Disappointed to say the least, I did IF for 2 weeks and saw major changes in my physical appearance. Since switching to (normal) diet if you will I haven't seen anything different besides looking fuller as far as muscles go. Really weird or is it?

AXx
    Yesterday

Yesterday was awesome, I felt better than ever since this started. I hit all macros and smoked ass in the gym with Chest and Back using Coach Poliquins GVT.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Js
    I'm sorta frustrated at the moment!!! Disappointed to say the least, I did IF for 2 weeks and saw major changes in my physical appearance. Since switching to (normal) diet if you will I haven't seen anything different besides looking fuller as far as muscles go. Really weird or is it?
    Are your food choices or macros any different from the IF?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

AXx
    No they wasn't Stem, same macros. I went back to IF yesterday and had the best day since I started. Im just gonna have to stick to one thing and go with it. If fits my lifestyle no matter if it hurts my stomach a little. Time will tell. Im glad you joined the conversation the more PROS the better. Thanks agian.

No worries mate, I'm looking forward to your results.

Sticking to one plan to start is really important. And it really has to fit your lifestyle. And sorry, but you are gonna be hungry regardless. Goes without saying that a calorie deficit will cause hunger but the results are worth it, promise.

Good luck bud.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

AXx
    ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE DAY as far as macros go. I had to work at supplement store and was only suppose to work 4 hrs which would have send me home right about the time I was suppose to break my fast. Well that didn't happen, they asked me to work the rest of the shift which ended at 6:45 this evening. I really should have just fasted for the day but didn't. I broke my fast around 2:00pm with a protein shake I made in the smoothie machine with the bare minimum
    60pro and roughly 30 carbs, 10 fat , 11 sugars.

When I got home at 7:30 I ate 2 90/10 hamburgers and white baked potato, and a couple of already grilled chicken legs.

UGH!!!!!

I did have a nice workout this morning with legs
    10x10-205#
    10x10-120# leg curls
    3x20-135# calf raises

Looking forward to off day tomorrow and I might just fat for 24 hrs
    Last edited by AXx; 06-18-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    No worries mate, I'm looking forward to your results.

Sticking to one plan to start is really important. And it really has to fit your lifestyle. And sorry, but you are gonna be hungry regardless. Goes without saying that a calorie deficit will cause hunger but the results are worth it, promise.

Good luck bud.
    so true and so worth it

AXx
    Well this was first try at a 24hr fast. Fasted since last night, just broke the fast. So it ended up being 22:30 hrs. I ate 90/10 hamburger meat grilled, and baked potato.

Should I have a huge meal after the fast like I would after a 16hr fast?? Or minimal?

Rest day today, biceps and triceps tomorrow!

Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    I usually workout and then break the long fast with my pwo meal, which should be the biggest of your meals. Love it

AXx
    I was doing weighted dips today and my PEC MUSCLE RIPPED. Im almost 99% positive it did. Can't press a 5lb DB and cant even prop it on my leg. I heard it when it did it. Going to see a doctor when I get off from FD, TOTALLY BUMMED OUT, max bummed.,,

Bad news! Did you ice it? Any bruising?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

AXx
    No ice yet Stem, some bruising starting to form, right where my arm and pec meet. I sounded nasty too when it did it. It happened within a matter of miliseconds (I guess), but its almost like I could feel it happening but couldnt stop it. It was on the upstroke of a weighted dip.

Ice it, it will help stop the internal bleeding. 10 mins on and 30-60 mins off.

Unfortunately I think your diagnosis is right if it's bruising already, keep us informed.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

AXx
    Ok will do, Thanks Stem. This just sucks.

Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    Get well soon man!

ouch!! keep your diet tight while u recover! Godspeed!!!

AXx
    Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    ouch!! keep your diet tight while u recover! Godspeed!!!

So since I fear the worst, my TIT is complete $hit as we speak, I can obviously do legs, I can do biceps, calfs, and a tiny bit of triceps. If I keep my diet in check will I lose alot of my muscle?? I know that resistance training obviously builds muscle, would I be able to maintain size with a long recovery??

I am always cutting :/ i lose strength when I haven't been able to workout for periods of time. How long is the recovery?

castiron is offline Associate Member
    I see a huge difference in your pics! looks like u dropped 10lbs easy! Thats awesome! ur legs are killer. U have the size and mass to make a serious physique, keep it up bro. I think the nip ring might weigh about 20 lbs though,.

milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Seems to me we're all pickin up injuries I've done the same sort of thing but mines more of a strain than a tear I think good luck with the recovery and just do what you can

Quote Originally Posted by 3Js

So since I fear the worst, my TIT is complete $hit as we speak, I can obviously do legs, I can do biceps, calfs, and a tiny bit of triceps. If I keep my diet in check will I lose alot of my muscle?? I know that resistance training obviously builds muscle, would I be able to maintain size with a long recovery??
    Honestly? If you can't train certain muscles you will suffer atrophy after a couple if weeks or so. If you train less you will need to eat less. On the plus side muscle has a memory an you can gain back quicker than if starting from scratch.

Also, you are cutting so I guess it gives you more time to do cardio!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

AXx
    Quote Originally Posted by castiron View Post
    I see a huge difference in your pics! looks like u dropped 10lbs easy! Thats awesome! ur legs are killer. U have the size and mass to make a serious physique, keep it up bro. I think the nip ring might weigh about 20 lbs though,.
    Thanks Castiron, LMAO, on the nip ring, hell i lost a bet and im suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by milky01623 View Post
    Seems to me we're all pickin up injuries I've done the same sort of thing but mines more of a strain than a tear I think good luck with the recovery and just do what you can
    Ty milky, I hope mine is just a strain but im 99% sure its torn

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    I am always cutting :/ i lose strength when I haven't been able to workout for periods of time. How long is the recovery?
    Im not sure depending on what doc says, my buddy did the exact same thing, same arm actually and he was out 6 months, he wasnt 100% till well over a year. After his surgery he was out of gym for 6 months solid.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Honestly? If you can't train certain muscles you will suffer atrophy after a couple if weeks or so. If you train less you will need to eat less. On the plus side muscle has a memory an you can gain back quicker than if starting from scratch.

Also, you are cutting so I guess it gives you more time to do cardio!
    I guess if the doc says surgery then yea I will have a lot of time for cardio!!! I just started back in gym in March cause of shoulder surgery, now this. Maybe im too big of a P^*#@y to be in the gym.

Thanks to everyone, you guys are great. I will keep you posted as to what the doctor says.

AXx
    WELL IT TORN, torn pectoralis major, doc says he is 95% sure it's not the tendon but 100% sure I tore the muscle. I had an MRI today also, I will get it read Wednesday at 8:30 am. He will tell me then the for sure diagnosis and rehab.

Life goes on...............

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    working out with just a bar at 30 reps to get blood in teh area is better then letting it heal. I know this from experience and dating a top of her field massage therapist/physio.

AAS if you wish to choose could also help the healing faster, good luck, and great thread so far.

AXx
    Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    working out with just a bar at 30 reps to get blood in teh area is better then letting it heal. I know this from experience and dating a top of her field massage therapist/physio.

AAS if you wish to choose could also help the healing faster, good luck, and great thread so far.
    I think she's a keeper!!!! Thanks man

AXx
    Even tho I have had an injury I still have been doing IF to a T. Today has been more of a re-feed kind of day. I ate protein pancakes this morn (AWESOME). workout, then I had boston butt, and beans, then protein shake, later tonight I will have Lean steak and sweet potato. I actually went to gym today and did legs. Tried some chest just to see how it felt, well it hurt, lol. All is well here tho. Im gonna be positive and not going to give up!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3js View Post
    even tho i have had an injury i still have been doing if to a t. Today has been more of a re-feed kind of day. I ate protein pancakes this morn (awesome). Workout, then i had boston butt, and beans, then protein shake, later tonight i will have lean steak and sweet potato. I actually went to gym today and did legs. Tried some chest just to see how it felt, well it hurt, lol. All is well here tho. Im gonna be positive and not going to give up!!
    thats the spirit

time to hit some serious cardio and stop lifting while that thing heals. Also SWIMMING!!! awesome excercise for injury rehab.

AXx
    Cardio is already in play, swimming is out I don't live close to a pool. I do live close to a creek but that's not happening either. Time is my biggest enemy. I would like to swim tho.

On a positive note, I absolutely killed legs yesterday. I am hurting, bad. Last 2 days have been clean except for one meal which I just had, other than that calories have been clean.

AXx
    I did some figuring this morning

Almost 1 month since pics were taken. 5-27-12 228lbs 20%

6-25-12 218lb 16.4%

Ok by doing the math I havent lost any LBM, My LBM is still around 181-185.

fatman225 is offline Associate Member
    Well, if you break it down thats roughly 2 pounds of fat a week, which really seems right on target to me, and is very similar to what IF rate of fat loss is doing for me.

lets see some update pics!! keep it up. try some biking?

AXx
    Quote Originally Posted by castiron View Post
    lets see some update pics!! keep it up. try some biking?
    I actually do have a really nice Scott road bike, I also have a bike trainer that is in my man cave. It lets me pedal inside when the elements outside arent forgiving.

I will get some pics up later on Im trying to hold out so there is a big difference, lol.

AXx
    Today was a great day. I have hit macros so far ( I dont see how it will change). I did really good in the gym today despite pain in my pec. I go in the morning to dr again to see what the extent of the injury is, last 2 days have bothered me more than when I actually tore it.

feels good to have a great day! listen to doctors advice on proper rest period, cuz i don't think u want an extended recovery time!

AXx
    Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat
    feels good to have a great day! listen to doctors advice on proper rest period, cuz i don't think u want an extended recovery time!
    Actually he told me to do what I felt comfortable with!! His exact words were, "It's going to bug the $hit out of you for months, just go light and lift away. DO PLENTY OF STRETCHES"!

Today was also a good day as far as eating goes. I hit macros and it was a complete rest day.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Js View Post
    Actually he told me to do what I felt comfortable with!! His exact words were, "It's going to bug the $hit out of you for months, just go light and lift away. DO PLENTY OF STRETCHES"!

Today was also a good day as far as eating goes. I hit macros and it was a complete rest day.
    So, are you going to be getting it re-attached? Is that what the Doc meant about bugging you for months as far as recovery?

The good news is that there is some strong evidence that IF type of diets can greatly increase GH production. If that is true we know how that can help repair tissue. Just another one incentive to keep eating the new way while you get better.

AXx
    He said it would due to the fact they can't put it together, he said it would be like sewing hamburger meat together, as soon as I flexed it would pop back open.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Js View Post
    He said it would due to the fact they can't put it together, he said it would be like sewing hamburger meat together, as soon as I flexed it would pop back open.
    Sweet Jebus!

Is a decent amount of the muscle still attatched? Is it more like Markus Ruhl's pec tear in 2005, where some tore in the middle, but not the entire thing?

Or is it more on the lines of Alexander Fedorov?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information