Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bradhore is offline Member

How is my cutting diet??

I am currently 202lbs, 18%bf, 5ft 11.
    My aim is to now cut bf and try and get down to around 11% or 12% in the next 4 months if i can. Is my diet ok??

Meal 1
    100g oats
    1 x Protein Shake

Meal 2
    Half tin tuna in 2 slices of granary bread

Meal 3
    1 x Preworkout protein shake

Meal 4
    200g Lean Turkey Mince & 1 Packet mixed vegetables

Meal 5
    1 x Protein Shake

Meal 6
    200g Lean Turkey Mince & 1 Packet mixed vegetables

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	48316590.png 
Views:	156 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	125167

Name:	60868721.png 
Views:	182 
Size:	137.8 KB 
ID:	125168
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How is my cutting diet??-1.png   How is my cutting diet??-2.png  
    Last edited by bradhore; 08-04-2012 at 07:53 AM.

dren is offline Associate Member
    is that what you are going to eat everyday for the next 4 months ? (122 days est?)

your bones will crumble with the acid buildup

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow that's not a lot of real food, you will be hungry my friend! Need more good complex carbs imo

less carbs the better really i think, am i right??

acid buildup?? from what?? obviously im going to have fully skimmed zero fat milk, with my oats, not too much though, so theres a few more carbs there...

Any more opinions??
    May change the tuna sandwich for an boiled egg sandwich here and there, and may alternate the turkey mince for chicken...

Anymore input plz??

Get hench Die Trying is offline Associate Member
    For starters IMO I dont think you are eating enough second you need to work out your TDEE and think about what kind of split between protein carbs and fat (I would normally got for a 60/20/20 split)

Second of all you need to work out what you are going to eat and how they fit in with your Marcos

Read the stickies

1.tdee
    2. How to cut

If I was you I would cut out the milk even tho it's no fat still has a high sugar content which you won't want

I would cut out the bread as well and only stick to complex carbs like brown rice oats so on.

I would also cut out the protein shakes and get your protein from your food which is much better

I am no expert hopefully GB or 405 will add anything I have forgot

Write your diet up with all your TDEEs and times of eating and we will let you know what we think

Hope this helps

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Get hench Die Trying
    For starters IMO I dont think you are eating enough second you need to work out your TDEE and think about what kind of split between protein carbs and fat (I would normally got for a 60/20/20 split)

Second of all you need to work out what you are going to eat and how they fit in with your Marcos

Read the stickies

1.tdee
    2. How to cut

If I was you I would cut out the milk even tho it's no fat still has a high sugar content which you won't want

I would cut out the bread as well and only stick to complex carbs like brown rice oats so on.

I would also cut out the protein shakes and get your protein from your food which is much better

I am no expert hopefully GB or 405 will add anything I have forgot

Write your diet up with all your TDEEs and times of eating and we will let you know what we think

Hope this helps
    ^^^Great comments. The nutrition plan is very poor. Shakes are NOT a good substitute for real food. Milk? No. Bread? Switch to Ezekiel bread if you can. Way more raw veggies and fruit. Your daily should consist of chicken, lean beef (10% fat or less; 4-5% is best), and real fish. Why does everyone turn to canned tuna? Eat REAL food.

Macros and total cals should be calculated daily and compared to your goals so adjustments can be made accordingly.

dren is offline Associate Member
    How Did you get to 18% BF and 202 lbs and not know how to diet? I would expect this question from a skinny or fat person

i do know how to diet, im asking your opinions.

Ive worked out my macros as u can see it the attachments.

The bread is browm wholemeal granary bread, so its not bad at all really, its still slow release.

I do know how to diet, but not how to cut properly tbh, ill swap 2 of the protein shakes for something else.

Whats wrong with the turkey mince? hasnt got too much sat fat, mainly good fats and we all know good fats are good lol.

If your going for a 60/60/20 split, i obviously need to UP the protein intake a bit then. Do you think the daily consumption of calories is ok, or a bit too low for my weight and bf?

Ive done the dave polumbo keto diet before btw, and talk about being hungry, i was fkin starving my ass off on that diet! not to mention i lost 20lbs in 3 weeks but prob gained most of it again within 2 months after, which is what happens if you cut out carbs completely.

milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bradhore
    i do know how to diet, im asking your opinions.

Ive worked out my macros as u can see it the attachments.

The bread is browm wholemeal granary bread, so its not bad at all really, its still slow release.

I do know how to diet, but not how to cut properly tbh, ill swap 2 of the protein shakes for something else.

Whats wrong with the turkey mince? hasnt got too much sat fat, mainly good fats and we all know good fats are good lol.

If your going for a 60/60/20 split, i obviously need to UP the protein intake a bit then. Do you think the daily consumption of calories is ok, or a bit too low for my weight and bf?
    Buddy far be it for me to cast aspersions but if you knew how to diet
    1- why are you here?
    2- your splits don't add up I thought the norm was 100% not 140% 60/60/20!!!!!!

The good news is your here so please take on board what ppl are saying and produce a diet complete with all macros stats and including a lot more real food cutting is hard so listen to the advice given I have nd I'm now hovering around 16.5% bf from circa 30-35%

The gurus will help just do a bit of leg work

Quote Originally Posted by milky01623 View Post
    Buddy far be it for me to cast aspersions but if you knew how to diet
    1- why are you here?
    2- your splits don't add up I thought the norm was 100% not 140% 60/60/20!!!!!!

The good news is your here so please take on board what ppl are saying and produce a diet complete with all macros stats and including a lot more real food cutting is hard so listen to the advice given I have nd I'm now hovering around 16.5% bf from circa 30-35%

The gurus will help just do a bit of leg work
    I meant 60/20/20 LOL

I DONT know how to cut, i about bulking diets, but not cutting at all really apart from the fact you need to lower carbs, up the protein, up the fats slightly, and do cardio. theyre the basics.

My diet range of foods is so poor as i cant cook proper meals whilse im at work, so its far more practicle to take a tuna sandwich

milky01623 is offline Productive Member

I meant 60/20/20 LOL

I DONT know how to cut, i about bulking diets, but not cutting at all really apart from the fact you need to lower carbs, up the protein, up the fats slightly, and do cardio. theyre the basics.

My diet range of foods is so poor as i cant cook proper meals whilse im at work, so its far more practicle to take a tuna sandwich
    Bud trust me I drive trucks away from home all week so I do know the pitfalls with food options what about cottage cheese pre cooked chicken,beef etc the foods are out there just hang in and produce a diet for the gurus to look at

I meant 60/20/20 LOL

You don't need to cook at work cook all your food the day before and bring it to work with you no excuse its as easy as that.

Until you read the stickies and do as we have stated already apart from doing it all for you there's nothing else we can do to help you need to spend the time and do it

I have, its in my first post, its what i want to eat. are the macro's ok, apart from replacing 1 or 2 shakes with maybe boiled eggs or lean chicken breast???

I have, its in my first post, its what i want to eat. are the macro's ok, apart from replacing 1 or 2 shakes with maybe boiled eggs or lean chicken breast???
    I don't know it's for you to work out your Marcos and TDEE pretty simple read the stickies on them we are not going to do it for you

Quote Originally Posted by get hench die trying View Post
    i don't know it's for you to work out your marcos and tdee pretty simple read the stickies on them we are not going to do it for you
    ive already done it look at the attachments in the first post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    brad from the look of ur pie chart ur at 50/25/25 pro/carb/fat

IMO ud fare better at 60/20/20 pro/carb/fat

keeping carbs at 20% total cals will help u mobilize fat into the blood better..

some of ur food choices are ok and some are not. in the beginning ud do better to be fairly strict with food choices to get the ball rolling faster. once ur dropping fat and getn closer to where u wanna be u can be a bit more liberal with food choices IMO. itll also establish proper eating habits. diet is very mental. if u start strong itll be easier to maintain down the road IMO.

at 202lbs 18%bf ur BMR = 1992cals

personally id start my cut around 2150cals 60/20/20

2150cals
    322g pro
    107g carbs
    48g fat

limit ur carbs to meal 1, preworkout, postworkout only, keep em complex. i would not have any fruit or dairy for awhile to keep from provoking insulin response (which shuts down ur ability to mobilize fat into the blood). oats, sweet potatoes, brn rice (the best 3 choices IMO and all i ate for the first several months of cutting).

if u want to have a protein shake id limit it to PWO only. chikn breast, eggs, egg whites, lean ground beef (95%FF or lower), fish..

green veggies: id shoot for 900g of these daily. spinach is best for myself in keeping regularity going. frozen r ok dont use canned

cardio: am fasted or pwo 5-6 days per week at moderate intensity (130-140BPM) 45min duration

id suggest re-posting a diet hitting these macros for review..

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    brad from the look of ur pie chart ur at 50/25/25 pro/carb/fat

IMO ud fare better at 60/20/20 pro/carb/fat

keeping carbs at 20% total cals will help u mobilize fat into the blood better..

some of ur food choices are ok and some are not. in the beginning ud do better to be fairly strict with food choices to get the ball rolling faster. once ur dropping fat and getn closer to where u wanna be u can be a bit more liberal with food choices IMO. itll also establish proper eating habits. diet is very mental. if u start strong itll be easier to maintain down the road IMO.

at 202lbs 18%bf ur BMR = 1992cals

personally id start my cut around 2150cals 60/20/20

2150cals
    322g pro
    107g carbs
    48g fat

limit ur carbs to meal 1, preworkout, postworkout only, keep em complex. i would not have any fruit or dairy for awhile to keep from provoking insulin response (which shuts down ur ability to mobilize fat into the blood). oats, sweet potatoes, brn rice (the best 3 choices IMO and all i ate for the first several months of cutting).

if u want to have a protein shake id limit it to PWO only. chikn breast, eggs, egg whites, lean ground beef (95%FF or lower), fish..

green veggies: id shoot for 900g of these daily. spinach is best for myself in keeping regularity going. frozen r ok dont use canned

cardio: am fasted or pwo 5-6 days per week at moderate intensity (130-140BPM) 45min duration

id suggest re-posting a diet hitting these macros for review..
    ^^ now this is thetype of responce i was looking for.

Can i not have waxy maize starch carbs pre and post workout?? even if its just 15g before and 15g after?

IMO u want to keep carbs complex even pre and post workout. simpler carbs trigger a higher insulin response. insulin will stop u from being able to mobilize fat into the blood for oxidation. will 15g of waxy maize accomplish this? i dont know. is it worth the risk? IMO NO.

the goal is to burn fat. u cant burn what u dont have in ur blood. complex carbs are just about always gonna be better than simple IMO..

I am afraid of losing muscle tissue though :-/

at 18%bf ur not gonna lose much muscle. what do u think the waxy maize is gonna prevent u from losing muscle more than a complex carb?

ur body pretty much uses resources in this order:
    1. blood glucose
    2. muscle glycogen
    3. body fat
    4. muscle

with 18%bf u have plenty of resources available for ur body to use before it resorts to burning muscle for fuel. my bf% measured at 7.8% 2 weeks ago and i was eating 1400cals 3days per week with zero starchy carbs and lifting 2 of those days doing 40sets x 15 reps (total body glycogen depletion workout) and have had no problem losing any muscle. ive actually gained LBM.

ditch the waxy maixe dude and eat oats, brn rice, sweet potato.. ur gonna be in a deficit in cals anyways so ur not really sacrificing any gained muscle either because u typically will need to be in a surlpus of cals to gain muscle.

Ok, its just i always feel alot weaker in the gym if i havent had any waxy before or during my workout, strength seems to go,and if your strength decreases and your not lift as heavy as usual, you lose muscle ? correct me if im wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bradhore View Post
    Ok, its just i always feel alot weaker in the gym if i havent had any waxy before or during my workout, strength seems to go,and if your strength decreases and your not lift as heavy as usual, you lose muscle ? correct me if im wrong.
    IMO thats in ur head man. i dont think waxy maize has some magical ingredient which will indeed increase ur ability to lift weight that oatmeal cannot do. it depends on what ur goal is. if u wanna cut at the most optimal rate id ditch the waxy maize. ive never had it and never had any probs with strength. i think ur thinking too much about it.

as far as losing muscle because ur not lifting as heavily as usual. i cant really answer that. maybe if this occurs often over a long period of time. we all have good days and not so good days in the gym. sounds like bro science to me.

Ok thanks for the info mate.

just wondering, is it possible to lean bulk on workout days (increase calories, but not too many carbs), and cut on days you dont workout (decrease cals)?? so in theory you can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time??

If not, i dont want to do it until i start cutting, but what are the macro % requirements for a lean bulk??

personally if ur 18% id spend a couple, few months getting down to 10-12%bf and then worry about lean bulking.

macro split for lean bulking can be many difft things.. 40/40/20, 40/45,15, 50/30/20, u can also cycle carbs so u eat more on workout days and less on non workout day.

personally if ur 18% id spend a couple, few months getting down to 10-12%bf and then worry about lean bulking.

macro split for lean bulking can be many difft things.. 40/40/20, 40/45,15, 50/30/20, u can also cycle carbs so u eat more on workout days and less on non workout day.
    What benefits will this have?

I will cut for the next 4 months.

what calories should you aim for in lean bulking, for 202lb man

What benefits will this have?

I will cut for the next 4 months.

what calories should you aim for in lean bulking, for 202lb man
    1. if u wanna read about cycling carbs ill bump a thread to the top called: "hey 405 what is carb cycling?" have a look.. i suggest running 60/20/20 for now. save the carb cycle for when ur progress on the 60/20/20 diet slows or stops. this way u will have ammo to break thru a potential plateau + u dont need it rite now IMO. the simplest diet u can do for good results is always the best way to go IMO.

2. cals aimed at to lean bulk depend on ur current weight and bf% at that time. focus on the cut and well be here when its time to bulk..

[QUOTE=--->>405<<---;6102001]at 18%bf ur not gonna lose much muscle. what do u think the waxy maize is gonna prevent u from losing muscle more than a complex carb?

ur body pretty much uses resources in this order:
    1. blood glucose
    2. muscle glycogen
    3. body fat
    4. muscle

with 18%bf u have plenty of resources available for ur body to use before it resorts to burning muscle for fuel. my bf% measured at 7.8% 2 weeks ago and i was eating 1400cals 3days per week with zero starchy carbs and lifting 2 of those days doing 40sets x 15 reps (total body glycogen depletion workout) and have had no problem losing any muscle. ive actually gained LBM.

Is that really possible, even when consuming 2100 cals a day? I thought you need more cals (like 3500) in order to gain lean muscle??

thanks for the help dude

^^ bear in mind when i started i was a fat lazy guy. i also started TRT about 2 months into my cut. in the beginning my free test was 7.2 and the normal range was like (8.7 - 25.6) so YES for me it was possible.

for u depending on how active uve been ur primary goal will be fat loss and maintaining LBM. this is where the order in which u burn things for fuel comes into play. at 18%bf ur not likely to lose much muscle. i suggest monitoring ur bf% which in turn will help u keep an eye on LBM.

how accurate are the handheld bodyfat monitors http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMRON-HAND...item3cbb9373c7 ??

^^ IMO that thing is worthless. Bioimpedance is the wrong way to go about it. Get calipers..

is cardio after weights ok to do? even if its just 15 to 20 mins after weight session?

are these guys right or wrong???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YNbL7lMZqE

is cardio after weights ok to do? even if its just 15 to 20 mins after weight session?
    cardio after weights is PREFERABLE.. (PWO cardio)

another good time to do it is am fasted.

are these guys right or wrong???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YNbL7lMZqE
    IMO HIIT is ok sometimes. personally i never really do it cuz its so dang hard! i do moderate cardio am fasted or PWO. 125-140HR. some guys do HIIT only.

i would not say absolutely that HIIT will burn muscle. look at usain bolt and all those olympic sprinters. how do u think they train?

also those guys refer to "jogging" as high intensity. i would strongly disagree. it may be "higher" intensity than walking but true HIIT involves sprinting about as hard as u can go.

a good fatburning routine for 2 days per week:
    5min warm up
    10min HIIT
    5 mins complete rest
    20-40mins moderate
    5min cooldown

the rest of the week moderate intensity will do fine IMO.

cheers man

10 days in and ive lost 5lbs, prob a bit too much :/ i wake up everyday feeling leaner, but i feel skinny, is that normal lol. i dont feel like a have big muscles anymore, i just feel like im wasting away lol.

lost 5 lbs in 10 days prob means uve lost a fair amt of water which is why u feel "small".. if ur eating low carbs and until now have been eating a good amount of carbs this will happen.

have u been hitting these macros?
    2150cals
    322g pro
    107g carbs
    48g fat

i dont recall seeing a finalized diet...

Yea near enough, simple foods but im happy with it..

Meal 1
    70g Oats
    1 protein shake

Meal 2
    200g lean chicken

Meal 3 (Instant PWO)
    Protein Shake and (20g waxy maize only)

Meal 4 (PWO 45mins after workout)
    200G Turkey Mince & 200g Jacket Potato

Meal 5
    1 Tin Tuna and lettuce

Meal 6
    200g lean chicken

Meal 7
    Protein Shake

Name:	Cutting diet revised.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	125546

lost 5 lbs in 10 days prob means uve lost a fair amt of water which is why u feel "small".. if ur eating low carbs and until now have been eating a good amount of carbs this will happen.

have u been hitting these macros?
    2150cals
    322g pro
    107g carbs
    48g fat

i dont recall seeing a finalized diet...
    Whats your stats high weight bf now mate??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information