Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Week 1: (Day 39)

Had an OK week, hot all my targets for training. Cardio this week was great, im really getting into the Elliptical! My heart-rate tends to stick around the 155-165 range for the 45-60mins. I know that with my current bodyfat that is ok, but will I need to adjust this eventually to stop muscle wastage and focus on fat-burning at 135bmp? Or is that just pseudo science that fitness freaks try to impose on us?
    I noticed my biceps are starting to get a little peak on them now, I know its only little, but I've never had one before! Ive always just had 'massy' arms!
    I felt really really drained on saturday night, so Sunday I ate without restriction, I didnt blow out and eat shit, I just ate what my body craved, in this case, I had glass of fizzy drink, roast dinner and grazed over fruit and some cake. I didnt eat excessively, although I didnt count calories either. My plate was loaded with pork, lamb, chicken, roast potatoes and veggies, I just ate what my body told me it needed. Felt 110% yesterday, and last night my dumbell chest press went up 2.5kg a side for a full set, must of just replenished all those drained stores!

Dropped another 2lbs this week. So I'd say I am still doing pretty good. Unfortunately my BF calipers snapped, bloody peice of sh!t I can however say that I had to put a new hole in my belt for work at the weekend, and my trousers were way too big... time to drop another jean size!

Weight: 242lbs (evening weight)
    Stomach BF%: 14mm.

Chest: 46" +2/8
    Waist: 42" +2/8
    Arms: 17"
    Thigh: 27" +2/8

Pictures:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My 'get lean' progress log-image-1089861488.jpg   My 'get lean' progress log-image-577383558.jpg  
    Last edited by krugerr; 11-13-2012 at 02:18 PM.

digsy1983 is offline Member
    yeah man, everydays a skool day! especially on this site aswell. i done GCSE physicall eduation at school, and thought i knew a bit about diets n what not, until i found this site.

see the cadio is doing its job from ya knew pics!

did ya get sorted with ya blood work?

Everyday is a school day - I havent heard that in a long time. It was one of my favourite sayings when I was in the Royal Navy lol. I cant seem to notice a difference when I look in the mirror or the pictures, but other people are telling me I'm slimmer, the scales tell me, and my trousers are definitely telling me!

Bloodwork is scheduled for next tuesday. I'll have the results for the week after. My libido is starting to pick back up again, so maybe whatever it was is self rectified, but my other symptoms are still kinda lurking, so we shall see, maybe its in my head, maybe I'm running on low Test!

Ha, told ya it would be hard for you to notice! Overly critical of yourself is definitely a human trate, probably a good one tho for natural progression, but not good for the ego!

I'm not implying you're vain here, but take a week off from looking in the mirror! I went about 28 years checking the mirror about twice in my life, now Im like a budgie! Every time I walk past I'm checking for some sign of progress, no change tho!
    If the number on the scales is.going down and people are commenting on you losing weight, or looking slimmer then take that as gospel that things are changing!

Haha!! I have definitely become vain, I'm always checking myself out now! Lol. I do take the conpliments though!

Was deadlifting yesterday, and felt something pop in my ribs, right at the back next to my spine.
    It's now really painful to turn to my right, arch my back, or take really deep breaths. Could it be muscular, or cartilage, or worse?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    If it was worse you probably wouldn't be able to move at all! Cartilage is between bones so unless you can pinpoint it you should assume its muscular and either an intercostal or your erector spinal. Heavy weight and rounded back?

Tell me you've been icing it?!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

No it was on one of medium weight sets. Warmed up fully, I was pyramiding up, 160kg, 1st rep and it 'popped'. I can normally go up to 180/190kg.

Well I'm glad you said I wouldn't be able to move if it was real bad. I had a long old soak in a hot bath last night. But I haven't iced it. In 4 years this is my first injury. I'll start icing it!

unlucky man! rest and ice will be your new best friend for a few days.

im not much of a fan of dead's, well at least not while im cutting! too much to go wrong, espcially with my form and knees of toffee!

fingers crossed for a quick heal!!

Thanks brother! I really love deads, my favourite exercise. This is just my bloody luck though. I'll rest up. I'm off the gym til Monday.

I've not heat. And just because it wasn't your heavy set doesn't mean you won't get injured if your form isn't spot on. Had anybody ever checked your technique? Not saying there is anything wrong with it must most people deadlift really badly.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

That should say ice not I've!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Yea I've had my form checked a few times, I typically have my training partner watch my form on my heavier sets. Then if my form drops, I drop the weight.

I'll use ice buddy, thanks for the advice

Doing an 18hour shift today in Andover! Christmas lights time! I foresee tiredness!

Back is still painful

Green Tea -- I've seen so e guys drinking it in bulk. Do you just buy it from the supermarket? Or buy it in bulk from health shops/online.
    The green-tea bags in my local supermarket aren't very cost effective if I'm planning to drink a lot of it.

You need to drink a lot! Personally I dislike the taste but don't mind drinking white tea. You could do what I do though and buy it in tablet form. 1 tablet is worth about 5 cups worth they are 1000mg each and quite cost effective!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM
    You need to drink a lot! Personally I dislike the taste but don't mind drinking white tea. You could do what I do though and buy it in tablet form. 1 tablet is worth about 5 cups worth they are 1000mg each and quite cost effective!
    Noted! I shall take a look online then. Thanks brother! Anything I can stack alongside my New Years course will be awesome

If you are putting an order in mine come from myprotein. I take green tea with 200mg caffeine pre fasted cardio.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Yea I use their caffeine tablets. I did have their "Mega Green Tea Extract" - but I can't remember the doses in it. If you're using it tho, they can't be too bad! What sort of daily dose do you use? Some of the guys drink a couple litres, so that's like 15,000mg/day??

I'm not very good at remembering to take supplements which is one reason why I don't anymore really. 3x per day with your caffeine about 40 mins before fasted cardio and 30 mins before food is about right.

Tea bags are MUCH weaker than tablets and I'm yet to see any evidence that they are less effective than drinking it. Caffeine tablets are proven to be more effective at fat mobilisation than drinking coffee though.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I love you SteM. You're like a walking wealth of information !

I use Caffeine tabs @200mg and black coffee throughout the day. I'll lookup the GreenTea, it's much easier to pop a couple tablets than drink an Additional litre of liquid.

Sound confident enough and most people will believe what you say, true or not!

Also, it used to be my job!!!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Sound confident enough and most people will believe what you say, true or not!

Also, it used to be my job!!!
    You used to be a walking information point? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by krugerr

You used to be a walking information point? Lol
    Pretty much. PT and nutritionist!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Green tea and water are he only things I drink these day! Not too sure of the benefit gain from drinking green tea, don't think I've gained much in the way of thermogenic benefit, but there are alot of other health benefits from it and ive grown to like it so I'm happy drinking it.
    Didn't know about the green tea tablets tho!

It's thermogenic effects, as with caffeine, are limited. Taken over a long period there are benefits in thermogenesis and, as both are really cheap, I see little reason to not incorporate them in my pre cardio regime.

Green tea is great for antioxidants though and that is the main reason it's in my, nowadays limited, arsenal!!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thanks for the feedback SteM and Digsy! I'll be putting in an order on Monday for some more vitamins and now, GreenTea

Back is feeling much better. I'm still going to hold off training til Monday, and I have bloodtest Tuesday morning. I'll probably go real light with back onWednesday, no more than 120kg or something for a few 12-15 working sets.

Don't be a pvssy. Get some 20 rep work in your squats and deads. You'll thank me for it. One day. Probably!!!!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Don't be a pvssy. Get some 20 rep work in your squats and deads. You'll thank me for it. One day. Probably!!!!
    Yessir! I've never worked at the 15+ rep ranges before to be honest. I'm feeling a lighter week with a higher set/rep count. If the SteMeister says 20reps, that's what it shall be!

If you've not done 20 rep work for squats or deads you've never trained your legs or your grip!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Haha! My grip is good, I can pull 200kg with straps.

Quote Originally Posted by krugerr
    Haha! My grip is good, I can pull 200kg with straps.
    Mate, if you said without straps I would agree your grip is good
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

/without/

I do a 190kg raw Deadlift and maybe 210kg on the rack lifts raw. I have pretty good grip strength. I'm not sure my girlfriend appreciates the calloused hands though!

Nah, unappreciative things they are sometimes!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I know. Women!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    i can hear y'all..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    I know. Women!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Nah, unappreciative things they are sometimes!
    Last edited by GirlyGymRat; 11-18-2012 at 07:54 AM. Reason: spelling dang it!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    wished i hadn't bought all those green tea bags last week! i know alot of ppl drink green tea, but not so many that swollow it! thx for the info!! good stuff.

BTW Krueger - you stick with this cuz you are doing great!

special note to SteM - you are one the few PT that really know your stuff! Hats off to you! I am so glad you are on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by digsy1983 View Post
    Green tea and water are he only things I drink these day! Not too sure of the benefit gain from drinking green tea, don't think I've gained much in the way of thermogenic benefit, but there are alot of other health benefits from it and ive grown to like it so I'm happy drinking it.
    Didn't know about the green tea tablets tho!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    It's thermogenic effects, as with caffeine, are limited. Taken over a long period there are benefits in thermogenesis and, as both are really cheap, I see little reason to not incorporate them in my pre cardio regime.

Green tea is great for antioxidants though and that is the main reason it's in my, nowadays limited, arsenal!!
    Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    Thanks for the feedback SteM and Digsy! I'll be putting in an order on Monday for some more vitamins and now, GreenTea

Back is feeling much better. I'm still going to hold off training til Monday, and I have bloodtest Tuesday morning. I'll probably go real light with back onWednesday, no more than 120kg or something for a few 12-15 working sets.

LiL P is offline Associate Member
    Good job so far seems like your right on track with the weight loss if you haven't ordered your green tea already i suggest you look into Lcarnitine+green Tea I have some capsules with 200mg of Lcarnitine which helps promote the use of fate for energy and 50mg of green tea for that thermogenic metabolism booster saying that i also have 315mg green tea caps im gonna stack id say so idk maybe just look into getting Lcarnitine with your green tea :P Anyway i keep checking in.

LiL P

Thanks GGR!!

Thanks L-P, I'll take a little browse at it. I've spent most of today's reading about the HIT training, and apparently my version of HIT isn't really intense lol. I'm still dubious about some bits... Like where they claim he gained 65lbs if muscle in 4 weeks. Using only 6 training sessions.
    And arm growth of 7/8inch after one gym session for Franco. But the overall idea makes sense.

Any good progress with your back?

What book you been.reading?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information