Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    2lbs in a week is perfect for you right now. More than that and it's likely you'll be losing LBM not gaining it.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM
    2lbs in a week is perfect for you right now. More than that and it's likely you'll be losing LBM not gaining it.
    Do you think? I guess I was just a little impatient. So would you suggest sticking with my IF diet @2500cals in a 50/30/20 split?

Mrs just said she found a bigger house for rent that has a basement. She said I could have the whole basement, which means I could get a bike and running machine at home, plus start a home gym!! It's a few months off though.

I'm still contemplating running 600mg/wk test-Prop over Xmas. Now that I have a former grip on AI and PCT. I know I wouldn't be getting that bloated face and water retention of my previous courses.

Krugerr

Attached today pictures. Day 21.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My 'get lean' progress log-image-859441604.jpg   My 'get lean' progress log-image-2523858521.jpg  

We definitely have an improvement but you are not ready to do a cycle IMHO.

Keep doing what you are doing mate.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

We definitely have an improvement but you are not ready to do a cycle IMHO.

Keep doing what you are doing mate.
    Noted. I know Digsy already said to hold off. I will. It's just so bloody tempting!
    Thanks for the comment about improvement. I can't wait til this guy is gone!

digsy1983 is offline Member
    It's good going that man! From my experience weightloss isn't a consistent thing. Some weeks you'll drop more than previous weeks. Your current diet is working for you so I'd be reluctant to change it. As long as your getting healthy fats (that work along side weightloss) and not going over your cals I'd stick with what you've got.

As for the cycle, what are you wanting to gain from it? Any possible gains you could squeeze out of it would be minimal at best. Cutting cycles are best for lower BF% ppl wanting to protect their lbm, and bulking cycles need a solid diet, or at least calorie excess diets. I mentioned why I thought it was a poor plan, just offering advice from my personal experience/view.

I was just thinking that with my current diet. It would be a good idea to out some lean gains on and protect my LBM.

I do pay heed to your warnings though. It's just the child in me wanting it now.
    Krugerr

Day 22:

Just heading over to the local wholesaler to pick up 25lbs of chicken! Decided that tomorrow's refeed is going to be a TGI Fridays! Amazing!

Getting bored of my menu, think I'm going to have to start experimenting this week!

Can't beat wholesale chicken, I buy 10kg at a time. Just a endless chore trimming the fat off it. Miles better tho than the supermarket crap.

Quote Originally Posted by digsy1983
    Can't beat wholesale chicken, I buy 10kg at a time. Just a endless chore trimming the fat off it. Miles better tho than the supermarket crap.
    The stuff I buy is £30 for 10kg. And it's really good quality, it needs no trimming. I bought the cheaper pack last time, and ended up trimming every bloody breast! Lol.

Day 23:

>>>>REFEED DAY<<<<

Started my day like any other, gammon steak and eggs, coffee.

I've been looking at the TGI Fridays menu and drooling. I think I'm going to order everything!!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    looks like you ARE committed to changing your body. i typically find quitters quit before the third week in. cheers that you are on day 23

Many thanks GGRat!

Attached a picture of my chicken supply!! Yummy!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My 'get lean' progress log-image-212805589.jpg  

Hope it's not all.part of your refeed.lol

Hope it's not all.part of your refeed.lol
    Haha. This is my chicken for the next few weeks.

I'm back from TGI's. my god I haven't eaten a meal that big in a very long time!!
    Started with the sesame chicken, and had shrimp, chicken + fries for main. I had to order a pint of water to help lubricate the second half of my meal.
    Laid in bed now, feeling like a beached whale!

Krugerr

Day 24:

Feeling like I have a lot more energy today. Although I'm really hungry lol. Noticed that my 'small' jeans fit really well on the waist now. Tried on an XXL top at the weekend and it felt huge, so I had to pick up an XL! That's a good step too.

Krugerr

Clothes are great for highlighting any change. Just a costly thing when you shrink and your clothes don't fit any more. I've had to put new holes in my belts so my jeans stay up. Lol

The refeed's done its job then if you appetite is up.

Clothes are great for highlighting any change. Just a costly thing when you shrink and your clothes don't fit any more. I've had to put new holes in my belts so my jeans stay up. Lol

The refeed's done its job then if you appetite is up.
    Tell me about it. I've NEVER had my belt on this low a setting before! Smaller jeans, and jumpers now, but my tshirts look better on my chest!

Appetite is definitely up, Im eating chicken like its going outta fashion, nom!!

milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krugerr
    Day 24:

Feeling like I have a lot more energy today. Although I'm really hungry lol. Noticed that my 'small' jeans fit really well on the waist now. Tried on an XXL top at the weekend and it felt huge, so I had to pick up an XL! That's a good step too.

Krugerr
    Dude I feel you lol
    I've done all this and I still wear my belt on my work trousers as a reminder and to show people

Yesterday my wife did a charity clothes collection bag 75% were my old clothes including a pair if 40" waist golf trousers I bought in march this year wtf lol

Just finished chest at the gym! It was a really good session. I tried something that I had read about before, but was reminded of today. And that's the technique of 4 second negative and 2 second contraction. I'll tell ya what, I've never tried it before but boy'o'boy you can feel that working. I was getting some funny looks because I was using much lighter weights than usual! I left my ego at the door though, so who cares!
    Cardio, did 50 minutes on the bike at moderate tempo. I was aiming for 60, but my arse was so numb I had to stop!

Krugerr

***milky, I know what you mean there brother. I was wearing 42" waist a few years ago. Recently it's been 38/40. I'm currently wearing a 36", but they're a little tight on the leg!

Day 25:

Waiting for my girlfriends laptop to be delivered. I really can't understand why they can't be more specific than a 9hour window! Well at least I have no excuse for not eating correctly!

Attached a some more pics. Any guesses at BF?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My 'get lean' progress log-image-633406642.jpg   My 'get lean' progress log-image-1208571338.jpg  
    Last edited by krugerr; 10-30-2012 at 04:16 AM.

Tell your girlfriend to tidy her sh1t from the floor!

Still in the 20's mate but definitely going down, keep going and get on an eliptical over a bike if you can!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Tell your girlfriend to tidy her sh1t from the floor!

Still in the 20's mate but definitely going down, keep going and get on an eliptical over a bike if you can!
    Haha, you know how girls are. She's a messy one.
    Thanks buddy, so you reckon the CrossTrainer over the bikes, is there a reason for that, or do they just burn more calories?

Krugerr

Just that, they burn more calories. As does a treadmill. It is, of course, all relative. Assuming you work equally hard on each bit of kit.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thanks SteM. I'm gonna head over to the gym in an hour or so, hit up arms today and the CrossTrainer!

hey stem, where would you put a rowing machine compared to the elliptical trainer?

Coming on Krugerr man! You'll have that beach body ready for the summer!!

hey stem, where would you put a rowing machine compared to the elliptical trainer?

Thanks buddy! I really appreciate the support! Fingers crossed, I'm not looking to be on the cover of FHM, but ~15% bf would be good, especially for my height and build. It'll make me look massive!

Ha. you say that now, i'll remind you when your aiming for 225lbs and 8% BF.

My target when I decided to lose weight was 92kg (from 115kg) down to 87kg and still going, but aiming for loads more lbm when my BF get lower. It's an addictive slippery slope. :-)

Ha. you say that now, i'll remind you when your aiming for 225lbs and 8% BF.
    Lol, thanks! I guess you're right, once I hit my goal, it'll only be replaced with another! Lol.

Absolutely use it man. Do some intervals on it. Warm up, then 39 secs as hard as you can and rest completely for 30secs. Repeat 5-10 times then move on to another bit of kit or stay on and go moderate (if you can take the discomfort).
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Absolutely use it man. Do some intervals on it. Warm up, then 39 secs as hard as you can and rest completely for 30secs. Repeat 5-10 times then move on to another bit of kit or stay on and go moderate (if you can take the discomfort).
    theres that english lingo ive been missing! (hey buddy! )

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---

theres that english lingo ive been missing! (hey buddy! )
    Wagwan 405. (Slang just for you! Although I'm not sure if this is limited to the UK.)

Day 26:

Real good back session, lifting 190kg today, a new PB for me!
    Went to fill up my bottle and got caught by one of the gym instructors, spent 45minutes talking and then had no time for cardio.

Just had a 4egg omelette and a tin of tuna! Yum!

190kg on dead lift?

Anything useful come out of your gym talk?
    I tend not to mention much t the gym guys, all seen to know whats better for you to do, but every gym guy has a different view and they seem offended if you don't follow what they say. (Maybe just my gym)

190kg on dead lift?

Anything useful come out of your gym talk?
    I tend not to mention much t the gym guys, all seen to know whats better for you to do, but every gym guy has a different view and they seem offended if you don't follow what they say. (Maybe just my gym)
    Yup 190kg Deadlift. I did my usual of working up. 60kg, 100kg, 130kg and 160kg. But I thought I'd try for the 190kg!
    Nothing really. Just a chat, he said he wants to go bodybuilder next year, said there's a competition he's gonna enter etc.

Day 27:

Stood at the train station, drinking my black coffee and that bloody bakery is taunting me again. Every day when I order my coffee, he offers me pastries and cookies and sweets and sandwiches... I'm sure he's trying to trick me!

Few hours of Uni then I'll head over to the gym for a cardio session. Think I'll do as SteM suggested and try the elliptical.

Krugerr

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    ^^*lol they smell even better when they're warm an your stomachs rumbling.

Don't they just!! It takes every ounce of my willpower not to go and buy 6 bacon&cheese pastries!!

Can't get over this craving for macaroni cheese! Just fed my son (he's 18months) and the baby meal tonight was Mac'n'cheese. I wanted to steal it from him!
    Mrs is stuffing down all the leftover sweets from Halloween and there is cheesecake in the fridge. Life is teasing me this week!

Used most of my carbs at lunch, so tonight is 2 chicken breasts, seasoned. Mmmm!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information