gonzo6183 is offline Senior Member

How do my Macros look for a lean bulk?

Hey guys just did the in detail calculations on my new diet for lean bulk coming up to summer.

STATS:
    Height: 5'9
    Weight: 187lb
    BF: 12-13%

Additional Info:
    I am able to lean bulk on high carbs although will adjust accordingly as summer approaches.
    I work offshore so food is limited and I have to make do with what I have access to.
    I will have 2 seperate diets, one at work one at home. This is work will post home later.

Below diet does NOT include 1 meal that changes daily at 1pm for lunch. I will eat a consistantly small mean of an estimated 300 calories. Generally will be a source of meat (beef chicken) in a stew/curry with rice. eg today is beef strogonoff and rice.

Not overly keen on writting it all down but if anyone thinks it is required then let me know and ill do it

Macros (not including 1pm meal as above)
    Protein: 353.5g
    Fat: 96.8g
    Carbs: 398.4 (sugar 25.3g)
    Sodium: 3649mg

Total Calories: 3958Cal (plus 1pm light lunch meal estimated 300Cal)

Training:
    Starting slingshot training and cycle

Compounds:
    test prop/mast

Any input appreciated

Gonzo

Live for the PUMP is offline Senior Member
    Looks like a good starting point based off the info you provided. I started my bulk on 3,000 cals which was 500 above TDEE. Recently I increased my cals to 3,500 cause my weight was at a stand still. We just can't have stand stills, there is no fun in that. So much of it depends on body type too. I am a mix of ecto-meso, so it is more difficult to gain for me. Good Luck with your cycle. The slingshot seems freaking hardcore. I might give it a go one of these days too.

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    187lbs and eating 4k calories is a lean bulk? im curious where you got this idea from.

either you cut or you bulk. u can do a clean bulk, with strict dieting with whole foods only.

or u can do a long term body re comp for lean body mass gain while slowly slowly losing fat. but at 4k calories im worried you are gonna get yourself into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    187lbs and eating 4k calories is a lean bulk? im curious where you got this idea from.

either you cut or you bulk. u can do a clean bulk, with strict dieting with whole foods only.

or u can do a long term body re comp for lean body mass gain while slowly slowly losing fat. but at 4k calories im worried you are gonna get yourself into trouble.
    Very fast metabolism and I handle cabs well.

Still open to everyones opinion and of course I can adjust as I go.

I have no problem just bulking to start with as I dont put on fat on cycle, usually always loose it.

As my weight increases if I maintain the calories and just make some adjustments to macros I could slowly reduce the amount im gaining and head more towards dropping fat. What do you guys think?

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    pick one, lose weight or gain weight dont do both.

Gaining for now, although I don't plan to loose weight when cutting either more recomp

Thread Information